Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

Admin

Anyone here like Claymore? I love it currently reading the manga,great stuff.

Anyone else can recommend me any new anime series?

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

You probably meant Moe Kare, the smut manga? :unsure:

Have you tried the mangaka's other work called "Uwasa No Midori Kun"? Its about a girl who enjoys playing soccer after playing it with a boy during her younger years. She hasn't seen this boy for quite along time and now that they met again, he seemed to be a very different person from the past. It's a smut manga like Moe Kare but I really like this manga more since at first I had absolutely no idea who's ending up with who. It's a good story about triangle-kind of relationships and you can definitely see how the the love is gradually developing between characters. It hasn't been fully scanlated yet. I'm soo wanting to get this project picked up again. =.=

then there's also Kimi ga Suki. I won't say that the love is gradual but it's love square. where every character wants another character who wants the other one. lol if that makes sense. ^_^

that's all for now.

LOL

Moe Kare!!! yes.

But thanks for making me sound like a perv. LOL

Is it really considered smut?

aw... well, I really didn't care that much about the sexual content. I thought the story was pretty cute and the girl wasn't dumb/annoying. She was probably one of the better indecisive girls. All sides of the love triangle was even, esp. since both guys looked alike HAHAH.

Thanks for the recommendation.

I'll read it this weekend.

MANGA RECOMMENDATIONS?

Any other mangas like

- Shinobi Times

- PARFAIT TIC!!

- Skip Beat!!

- Hana Yori Dango

- MOE Kare -- minus the smut if possible.

Nice gradual love, realistic, a touch of innocence AND where the love triangle is FAIR.

Nothing like HOT GIMMICK -- one of the worst mangas ever, btw. Good looking cartoons but that was it.

In MOE Kare and PARFAIT TIC!!, both guys in the triangle had equal opportunity and chances, making it sort of hard to determine the ending.

--------

ANIME RECOMMENDATIONS?

Anything other animes like:

- Full Metal ALCHEMIST

one of the best animes BTW.

NO: Naruto, Bleach!, Rurouni Kenshin, X, Trigun, Black Cat.

I watched them in the past.

^Oops! Sorry if that embarassed you or something. *hides her face* It wasn't my intention. I just described the manga like that as the mangaka is popular with writting smut mangas such as Moe Kare and Uwasa No Midori Kun. I am a fan so I could go on and talk about smut mangas the whole day with excitement and that's prolly what I felt when I was writing my recommendations... and no, i'm not a pervvy too, i just enjoy reading smuts as much I do with shoujo and romance ^_^ again, sorryy.... =.=

++++

anyways, another recommendation for everyone.

Cat Street. It's the same mangaka of Hana Yori Dango but I do believe this manga has even surpassed the expectations from HYD. It's about a girl who isolated herself for seven years from everyone, including her family, after her "tragic" experience as a child actress. One day, she met a teacher from a free school. A free school is where "non-norms" attend classes to.

The story is wonderfully written as it talks about growth, acceptance and differences at such well-pace. All the characters are likeable; even the ones you thought you would hate, they will eventually grow on you. ^________^ Moreover, I love the romance in this manga. It's something I didn't expect from the start. Again, Kamio Yuko just never fails to impress her readers.

Guest meimei__KOUSEKI

anyone recommend me a manga like The Genetic Sodom ILEGENES?

like, setting is at a school, if possible main character is a guy, not so much shounen-ai, involves scientific studies... please? Since i absolutely adore Ilegenes. It needs more love though, it's really good!

Guest akuma_tenshi163

Can someone please recommend some mangas that are similar Skip Beat!, Kaichou wa Maid-sama or Ouran High School Host Club?? Like full of comedy but with hints of love XD

Guest meimei__KOUSEKI

Can someone please recommend some mangas that are similar Skip Beat!, Kaichou wa Maid-sama or Ouran High School Host Club?? Like full of comedy but with hints of love XD

Special A

Junai Tokkou Taichou

Guest AngelEagle

hmm..for lighthearted romance and pure comedy with the criteria you stated...

gotta be SCHOOL RUMBLE haha It's hilarious how crazy Arima is for Tenma ^^

You'll see my point after watching it haha :)

Another one would be...OURAN HIGHSCHOOL HOST CLUB though there's no definite romance, there

are hints that some characters could further develop feelings for the other haha

for romance with a touch of seriousness...FUSHIGI YUGI? haha though it's prety old already -__-

Thank you!!! but I already watch those.

can anyone reccommend me another one?

an anime where almost guys like the lead girl? and the guy was very protective and jealous?

i like pretty good looking characters so i can spazz over them.haha, and also i kinda don't like anime with magical things and always have a misssion to do every episodes. less magic/power would be fine (i.e FMwS)

this are the examples of the anime that i'm looking for:

• Vampire Knight (Zero and Kaname are very protective over Yuuki and not to mention they were goodlooking even YuuKi)
    La Coda (almost guys like the lead girl, and guys where kinda jealous, also good looking characters)
    Ouran High School Host Club (most of the guys in their club like the lead, tamaki was very jealous)
    Special A (the lead guy was extremely jealous because of the lead girl, also goodlooking characters)
    Marmalade Boy (alot of guys come to like the lead girl, good looking characters too)
    FMwS (the guy was pretty much jealous because of the lead girl)

anyways, another recommendation for everyone.

Cat Street. It's the same mangaka of Hana Yori Dango but I do believe this manga has even surpassed the expectations from HYD. It's about a girl who isolated herself for seven years from everyone, including her family, after her "tragic" experience as a child actress. One day, she met a teacher from a free school. A free school is where "non-norms" attend classes to.

The story is wonderfully written as it talks about growth, acceptance and differences at such well-pace. All the characters are likeable; even the ones you thought you would hate, they will eventually grow on you. ^________^ Moreover, I love the romance in this manga. It's something I didn't expect from the start. Again, Kamio Yuko just never fails to impress her readers.
definitely DEFINITELY recommend Cat Street too. i LOVE this manga. [:

the recommendations in this thread made me read/watch 10x more manga/anime i'd ever thought i'd read, EVERRR.

and they're all really good; my favorites XD.

btw, does anyone know what
these are?

thank youuuu ^^

^

i2keg4.jpg

Fujoshi Kanojo - It's about a girl who is a major Yaoi fan. She dated that boy because he looks like someone who came out from a Yaoi character. How does kind of relationship ever work? I really enjoyed reading this manga.

vdixyc.jpg

Boku kara Kimi ga Kienai - About a school girl who likes a teacher. However she happens to find a male student at her age who looks like that teacher alot.

w9tgd4.jpg

Tokyo Juliet - Its about a girl who wants to revenge on famous designer. That famous designer happend to stole her work when she was five for her mom and that design she did him rose to fame. I dropped this manga for some reason. Prolly because there were no scanlation groups picking this up and I chose to watch the taiwanese drama version instead. then again, i didnt finish the drama. =.=

119854x.jpg

Himitsu no sh!tsuji-kun - err, i havent read i just happen to know the manga. LOL.

the first picture looks like a manhua. im not sure.

then the other two, i dunno =.=

an anime where almost guys like the lead girl? and the guy was very protective and jealous?

i like pretty good looking characters so i can spazz over them.haha, and also i kinda don't like anime with magical things and always have a misssion to do every episodes. less magic/power would be fine (i.e FMwS)

• Vampire Knight (Zero and Kaname are very protective over Yuuki and not to mention they were goodlooking even YuuKi)
    La Coda (almost guys like the lead girl, and guys where kinda jealous, also good looking characters)
    Ouran High School Host Club (most of the guys in their club like the lead, tamaki was very jealous)
    Special A (the lead guy was extremely jealous because of the lead girl, also goodlooking characters)
    Marmalade Boy (alot of guys come to like the lead girl, good looking characters too)

Hmmmm... here's a few =) Hope you haven't seem them yet lol, I really like those types of anime too

Fruits Basket - REALLY cute guys and you see the main guy develop a crush on the girl but gets all flustered cuz he doesn't realize he likes her ^^

Itazura na Kiss - Well not a lot of guys, but a FEW of them like the main girl.... AND the main guy does get really defensive

Peach Girl - lots of drama in this one, with jealous guys and jealous girls and the ending is REALLY cute =) I loved it!

--xoxo.

TM

Guest meimei__KOUSEKI

Harukanaru Toki no Naka de ~Hachiyou Shou~

Itazura na Kiss (since it's kind of similar to Marmalade Boy)

Akikan! (lots of girls like the main character xD)

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (four handsome/pretty/beautiful guys + 1 girl who's a little gloomy & weird xD )

07 ghost is one no one mentioned its a manga and turned into anime too ^^ subbed by bleach subbers

Kaleido Star~~

Asklepios<-- Manga

Fairy Tail<3 manga

~~~Theere's lots other people mentioned but yeah i cant remember other names ^^;;

Itazura na Kiss<-- anime/drama

Shugo Chara

Soul Eater

D.GrayMan

LOL

Moe Kare!!! yes.

But thanks for making me sound like a perv. LOL

Is it really considered smut?

aw... well, I really didn't care that much about the sexual content. I thought the story was pretty cute and the girl wasn't dumb/annoying. She was probably one of the better indecisive girls. All sides of the love triangle was even, esp. since both guys looked alike HAHAH.

Thanks for the recommendation.

I'll read it this weekend.

MANGA RECOMMENDATIONS?

Any other mangas like

- Shinobi Times

- PARFAIT TIC!!

- Skip Beat!!

- Hana Yori Dango

- MOE Kare -- minus the smut if possible.

Nice gradual love, realistic, a touch of innocence AND where the love triangle is FAIR.

Nothing like HOT GIMMICK -- one of the worst mangas ever, btw. Good looking cartoons but that was it.

In MOE Kare and PARFAIT TIC!!, both guys in the triangle had equal opportunity and chances, making it sort of hard to determine the ending.

--------

ANIME RECOMMENDATIONS?

Anything other animes like:

- Full Metal ALCHEMIST

one of the best animes BTW.

NO: Naruto, Bleach!, Rurouni Kenshin, X, Trigun, Black Cat.

I watched them in the past.

have you read Cat Street? i think it was recommended a few pages back and so i read it off on mangafox. it's amazing. (and it's finished!)

it's about a girl who was a former child actress but gave up her dream (and basically shut herself out from the society) due to a traumatic incident in her early career and finds a "free school" (basically it's a school where ur allowed to do whatever), finds valuable friends and slowly starts to walk toward her dream once again. it's a beautifully crafted story and each character is well rounded. I loved the story from beginning to the end (finished it in a day. it's like 8 volumes long)

Also, Vampire Knight has a love triangle that I'm pretty much indecisive over. I wish that she could have both of them b/c they are so unbelievably perfect for her. the storyline starts off as what i thought was a typical vampire-human story but it gets much more complicated than that. (i was pretty addicted to the manga, but i've caught up so my addiction has slowed. yes. the story has not finished)

Full Moon is not super depressing, but it has to be somewhere at the top of what I would call a "bittersweet manga" It's about a girl who loves to sing but has a tumor in her throat and have to make a decision of getting surgery which could result in her losing her voice. she meets a shinigami who wants to take her life away and instead of taking her life away, he grants her wish and makes her older and enable her to pursue her dream as a singer.. (the manga has ended btw)

Kitchen Princess is also a cute one. Since it's towards the end (but it's not finished yet! it's killing me) , I would have to say that there really is no love triangle anymore. it's a fast, light read with yummy recipes at the back of each volume :]. it's about a girl who has an "absolute taste" (once she tastes something, she knows what's in the food) and gets accepted to a prestigious academy...

oh and if you have not read it yet. fruitsbasket ok. so it's definitely a LONG manga. (i thought it dragged a bit) but a lot of ppl seem to like it, so i'm recommending it. i loved the love triangle and i was actually rooting for the other guy to end up with the main character, but i must say that the ending for this manga was pretty satisfactory. if you don't like the main characters, you'll probably love one of the side characters. the side characters in this story are very well developed (which is why i like this manga) i have no idea how to summarize this manga, so check out onemanga. and they'll probably give you one. :].

as for anime, i probably haven't watched an anime that beat FMA and kenshin. but i wanted to tell you (in case you weren't aware) that they are remaking FMA right now so that it follows the mangaline instead of having its own anime line. being a hardcore FMA fan, it was refreshing to see all the characters again. ( i think it was called FMA brotherhood )

**IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED FULL METAL ALCHEMIST (FMA) ON ANIME. UR MISSING OUT ON ONE OF THE BEST ANIMES EVER. it's so amazing i don't even know where to start. as for RUROUNI KENSHIN, their OVA is one of the best. i don't think i've seen any come even close to the quality and the storyline of the OVA. as for the original anime, i think that it's a good manga ( i loved the storyline to bits for the manga) but the anime drags after the enishi arc. and so i would just stop there. lol.

hehehe i'm going to recommend these two mangas every time i write on this thread.

Gakuen Alice/Alice Academy <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3(i cannot get over this manga! it is sooo adorable <3. if you like a girl who's a bit dense, easy outgoing, loud character and a boy who is dark, mysterious, cold. this is for you!! i literally check mangafox like everyday for updates. CHECK IT OUT!! IT'S TOTALLY WORTH YOUR TIMEE)

Deep Love (and it's series) i actually liked the last series best out of the three. this manga should be a book. it's very touching and although i read mangas as a light, fun read, this manga brought my definition of a manga to another level. it's a story of the hard truth -- things that definitely could happen to teenagers around the area. and at the end leaves the readers in tubs of sadness but at the same time, a lesson about life and love. the manga explores different aspects of love and i think it really does what the title says, it defines what "deep love" really is.

it's about a girl who sells her body and later meets a grandmother and a boy who teaches her about life and gives her a reason to live.

FYI though. deep love is for mature audiences ONLY and if you're sensitive, have some tissues in handy. the pictures are pretty graphic and well, the story deals with a girl who sells her body so what would you expect? although i didn't cry, i stared at the computer screen for the longest time in shock after finishing the manga. it's probably the closest manga to drive me to near tears.

Guest jepho*

can anyone recommend me good romance mangas that have a leading girl like the one in beauty is the beast? (like how she's quite easygoing, dense, etc) and where the guy is a bit cold or mysterious.

thanks!

Guest TDKSJ

can anyone recommend me good romance mangas that have a leading girl like the one in beauty is the beast? (like how she's quite easygoing, dense, etc) and where the guy is a bit cold or mysterious.

thanks!

Manga? so it's gotta be a 'read' then? here's the manga's that I think are along the lines of your criteria :D

Backstage Prince- this has to be the closest you can get to dense girl+cold guy haha :) It's quite short but It's pretty sweet ^^

Hanazakari no Kimitachi e/Hana Kimi- I'm not sure if it's still ongoing or done, but the guy is SLIGHTLY cold in some parts and kinda sweet. there's also a liveaction Jdrama & Taiwanese ver if you're interested. It's good if your finding lots and lots of sweet scenes but It'll only start to happen after some chapters though haha so you'll have to wait ^^

Itazura na Kiss/It Started With A Kiss- Another one that fits your criteria so well! It's another love story in a highschool setting but it somehow stands out because of it's uniqueness :) I'm not sure if it's easy tp find manga scans in the net though. But there's also a taiwanese drama and Jdrama about it though.

Hope I helped :D

Guest aiCheerio

thanks!

Special A

Guest AngelEagle

Hmmmm... here's a few =) Hope you haven't seem them yet lol, I really like those types of anime too

Fruits Basket - REALLY cute guys and you see the main guy develop a crush on the girl but gets all flustered cuz he doesn't realize he likes her ^^

Itazura na Kiss - Well not a lot of guys, but a FEW of them like the main girl.... AND the main guy does get really defensive

Peach Girl - lots of drama in this one, with jealous guys and jealous girls and the ending is REALLY cute =) I loved it!

--xoxo.

TM

Thank you!! i watch and already finish itazura na Kiss and it was good thanks for recommending it!

i've already seen the other two. i have a dvd of fruits basket since i love it. but i didn't bought it myself, my brother bought for me for my birthday.haha. thanks again for trying to recommend something! i aprreciate it.

Harukanaru Toki no Naka de ~Hachiyou Shou~

Itazura na Kiss (since it's kind of similar to Marmalade Boy)

Akikan! (lots of girls like the main character xD)

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (four handsome/pretty/beautiful guys + 1 girl who's a little gloomy & weird xD )

Thanks also for recommending itazura na kiss! the first one on your list was kinda hard to find. i didn't know where to watch it. :(

i started watching the the last one but is it just me or that one was really weird?. and Akikan was kinda opposite of what i really want since i like the type where almost guys like the lead girl and of course the lead guy got jealous.haha i really like when a guy was jealous it seems cuter but i'll try to watch it too since you recommend it. anyway, thanks again! i appreciate your help!

-----

anymore recommendation?! i really need something to watch!

anyway, does anyone know if this anime were good?

-Ai Yori Aoshi

-the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

-Clannad

-Code Geass

^are these good and involved romance?

Guest meimei__KOUSEKI

-Ai Yori Aoshi

-Clannad

-Code Geass

I can assure you that Code Geass is epic goodness.

like, it's my favorite anime of all xD

idk about romance though, coz it's not blatantly revealed...

but i know it's there...

and i think the storyline will interest you.

as for Haruhi, i seriously didn't feel any blatant romance...

it's more of a parody/slice of life anime...full of randomness imo.

but it's still good :D

Guest aiCheerio

anymore recommendation?! i really need something to watch!

-Ai Yori Aoshi

-Clannad

-Code Geass

Haruhi Suzumiya is more for comedy than romance but there is some, mostly near the end of the series, I didn't like this anime too much though.

Clannad is definetly a great romance series, but it's mostly in the end of the season and beginning of season 2(Clannad After Story)

Code Geass is one of my top favourite animes! It's REALLY good, not really a romance anime though. I don't Code Geass is what you're looking for but watch it anyway if you have time! ^^