Quantcast
Guest SOOMPI

[Official Thread] Ariel Lin 林依晨

On 12/19/2015 at 2:01 AM, angelangie said:

anyone seen Ariel latest film Do Lala? :D it pretty good....im so happy to finally see Vic starring along sides Ariel for real and Chen BoLin in the same screen again :D

cr: as tagged & Ariel Lin林依晨 (Facebook)

I loved it! Not a classic for the ages, but a sweet fun romcom with a happy ending, and SO MUCH ARIEL. Also, BO LIN. And of course Vic's not ugly either. :D. A question I've been wondering about -who did the dubbing for Nana's character? The voice sounds very familiar, I'm sure I should know who she was, but the name eludes me. Any ideas? 

20 minutes ago, stuartjmz said:

I loved it! Not a classic for the ages, but a sweet fun romcom with a happy ending, and SO MUCH ARIEL. Also, BO LIN. And of course Vic's not ugly either. :D. A question I've been wondering about -who did the dubbing for Nana's character? The voice sounds very familiar, I'm sure I should know who she was, but the name eludes me. Any ideas? 

I have no ideas cause I never look into dubbing cast.....

48 minutes ago, angelangie said:

I have no ideas cause I never look into dubbing cast.....

Neither do I normally, but on this occasion the voice was SO familiar I found it distracting - I kept thinking "aaargh! Who IS she?!" :D

1 hour ago, stuartjmz said:

Neither do I normally, but on this occasion the voice was SO familiar I found it distracting - I kept thinking "aaargh! Who IS she?!" :D

So far we had been lucky they had kept Ariel original voice in most of her drama so I don't have to cringe at those dubbing voice

38 minutes ago, angelangie said:

So far we had been lucky they had kept Ariel original voice in most of her drama so I don't have to cringe at those dubbing voice

I won't watch Ariel dubbed - I like her voice too much. I have watched several hours of unsubbed Ariel content despite not knowing Mandarin, just to enjoy watching AND listening to her, but I gave up on isuper quick as soon as I heard someone else's voice coming out "her" mouth. 

Nana also stood out in this one because she seemed to be the only one dubbed. Which I assume is because she's Korean, and not a native Mandarin speaker. 

5 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

I won't watch Ariel dubbed - I like her voice too much. I have watched several hours of unsubbed Ariel content despite not knowing Mandarin, just to enjoy watching AND listening to her, but I gave up on isuper quick as soon as I heard someone else's voice coming out "her" mouth. 

Nana also stood out in this one because she seemed to be the only one dubbed. Which I assume is because she's Korean, and not a native Mandarin speaker. 

no choice there then ROFL :D

LIKE that song, which is surprising because I dislike the original. It's a cover of a 1977 song I've been Paradise. It annoyed me with its twee lyrics when it first came out, even though I was only 9 at the time. That might be why I like the cover in GLG2, because I have no idea if the lyrics are as awful in Mandarin as the English ones!:D

Here's the original, you can compare it for yourself 

11 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

LIKE that song, which is surprising because I dislike the original. It's a cover of a 1977 song I've been Paradise. It annoyed me with its twee lyrics when it first came out, even though I was only 9 at the time. That might be why I like the cover in GLG2, because I have no idea if the lyrics are as awful in Mandarin as the English ones!:D

Here's the original, you can compare it for yourself 

hahaha yea i heard the original before and honestly the lyrics or the honesty of it is not something i like.....though the song is soothing and i love the beat of it

I was going to look through Go Lala Go 2 for some beautiful glam shots, but in the end, I couldn't help myself, and went the Ariel I love best - her irresistibly warm, cute smile. :)

forsoompi1.jpg

forsoomp2.jpg

forsoomp3.jpg

I refuse to watch Ariel dubbed by another actress, because I like her voice so much. I am, hhough, very happy to watch her unsubbed, despite knowing maybe ten words of Mandarin on a good day. An example of this is her recent appearance on a comedy show. She got rave reviews for her willingness to show a different side to her performance, and there are lots of smiles, so here's a compilation of her appearance on the show. 

And in case youtube gets prissy and takes it down, here's the same vid at dailymotion:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3ptxcg

I took this screenshot from iGo Lalala Go 2i because the subtitle was so PERFECTLY true of Lin Yi Chen Bo Lin. :)

chen-chen.jpg

A couple of pix from her weibo, of her as part of a a friend's bridal party She still steals the show for me!ariel-bridesmaid.jpg

ariel-bridesmaid2.jpg

She posted this on weibo with "Guess Where I am?" or words to that effect. My first thought was that she might have actually been having a break, perhaps with her absent hubby. 

arielsnow.jpg

But then THIS photo made it clear she was on a shoot. Perhaps for a CF?

snowshoot.jpg

When I read that Joe picked Ariel in the blind ballot for the variety/reality show they're doing, I couldn't help wondering if it was fixed - after all, it was the DREAM result for everyone, especially the show's producers :D

But fixed or not, I would abaolutely love it if were ever to be subbed so that those of us who don't speak Mandarin can get another fix of this awesome pair.