[Official Thread] Ariel Lin 林依晨

Lynne

Guest ling_ling

ooo i saw her in a taiwanes drama ith this other famous taiwanese actor...who sings..it was abot like a school and shes rly ditzy or something...lol

but yeh shes a good actress - v. cute and shes not like as skinny as some taiwanese actress...shes gots mre meat on her! goo on ehr!

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nzabanal

It has been quite a long time since somebody posted here on updates about Ariel Lin...

UPDATES:

1. Joe Cheng and Ariel Lin recently did a promotional Tour in HongKong .

2. Ariel Lin did have a FAN MEET in China for the promotional tour for LEGEND IN CONDOR HEROES opposite HUGE.

3. Ariel LIN is expected to do a drama series in China, a Kung FU drama, on October hopefull with Jerry Yan and Joe Cheng for Extravagant Challenge or SKIP BEAT.

4. Another schedule drama for PURPLE ROSE was moved for next year filming

5. Ariel Lin had just recently published her own Book and is selling very well.

6.. In YES ASIA, the They Kiss AGAIN or ISWAK 2 is among its top sellers for all its volumes.

Guest babyN_xxs

UMMM pls dont compare her to Crystal Liu......

Ariel Lin is ok... seen her in some movies still think her acting still kinda noob style. She average in my opinion

• 6 years later...

My wife and I are big Ariel fans. So far, I've seen her in Love Contract, ISWAK, They Kiss Again  and my favourite, In Time With You, as well as Sweet Alibis. I also really like her songs, especially Chi Bang, Ni  and Lonely Northern Hemisphere. She is so cute, it's impossible not to smile at here, as in this "happy birthday" clip she posted for her fansite today:

• 2 months later...

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Ariel Lin holds an engagement partyAriel Lin holds an engagement party

30 Oct – Taiwanese singer-actress Ariel Lin recently celebrated her 32nd birthday as well as her engagement in one special celebration.

As reported on China News, on 29 October, the actress held a self-sponsored 50-table banquet at the Ambassador Hotel in Taipei, attended by friends and families of both her and fiancé Lin Yuchao's sides of the family.

Looking stunning in a turquoise dress, Ariel revealed that their wedding banquet will be held on Christmas Eve, but will only be celebrated among family members and closest friends.

Speaking about the proposal, Lin Yuchao revealed that he popped the question to Ariel while they were in New York.

"We have been dating for a year at the time, and she went for an interview by her school that day. I prepared a bouquet of flowers at the hotel and asked the staff to put it near the restroom," he said.

Lin continued, "However, the staff ended up placing it on the sofa, so I had no choice but to kneel down on the spot."

Ariel chimed in and said that she was confused at the time, and thought that he only bought her flowers because he somehow knew her interview went well.

"But when he knelt down, I panicked. I took a little time before saying yes," said Ariel.

The actress also revealed that she will live in Los Angeles after marriage. In regard to children, Ariel said that she will go with the flow.

Source

10701932_741791965875477_802432075206462

10394028_741791975875476_134305021313067

10462674_10153248386318056_5011651954061

• 1 month later...

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Ariel Lin has finally graduated collegeAriel Lin has finally graduated college

11 Dec – It has been more than a year since Ariel Lin started doing her graduate programme in London, and now she has finally graduated.

As reported on Tencent Entertainment, the actress recently flown back to the UK to attend the graduation ceremony held on 9 December.

Smiling brightly while donning her graduation robe and holding her new certificate scroll, the actress posed for a graduation photo afterwards, which she then shared on her micro-blog for fans to see.

Fiancé Charles Lin also attended the ceremony to witness the important event. The couple will be getting married on Christmas Eve.

Source

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Ariel Lin is pleased to finish her studies

17 Dec – After finally graduating from her Master's studies in acting in London recently, Taiwanese actress Ariel Lin stated that she can now breathe a sigh of relief.

According to Yes Entertainment, the actress recently admitted that she had a difficult time managing her schedules throughout her studies, what with making sure she fulfilled her minimum attendance requirement, as well as flying off to Taiwan and China for work obligations.

Fortunately, the actress was able to balance her work and studies, and successfully completed both her series and coursework.

In addition, Ariel stated that she was worried about being recognised by fans at the university.

"I was good at keeping low-profile. Some of the students only learned that I attended the same school during the graduation day itself," she enthused.

In regard to her future marriage, Ariel revealed that she and Charles will be spending their Lunar New Year in Taiwan after the wedding despite moving to the United States.

The actress also assured that she will still be working in movies, as long as she is offered a good script.

Source

• 2 weeks later...

Ariel Lin got married on Christmas Eve
Source:Yahoo EntertainmentImage: Ming Pao/ifengimg.com
7cn_arielgetsmarried00.jpg

_26MA010_.jpg

_26MA009_.jpg

Taiwanese singer-actress Ariel Lin and husband Charles Lin recently held their wedding banquet in Taipei on Christmas Eve. According to CRI News, the actress and husband celebrated their union of love alongside family and close friends at the Ambassador Hotel in Taipei, with no media interference and celebrity guests involved. 
The couple reportedly has also visited Charles' hometown before the wedding to worship ancestors. Ariel even threw a fan from a car window - said to be a Han tradition symbolising her new life, habits, and manners as a wife. In regard to the private event, according to China Topix, Ariel's manager stated that they decided to open the event only to close friends and family as the banquet's guests were mainly relatives from Charles' side.
class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Ariel Lin gets married on Christmas EveAriel Lin gets married on Christmas Eve

26 Dec – Taiwanese singer-actress Ariel Lin and husband Charles Lin recently held their wedding banquet in Taipei on Christmas Eve.

According to CRI News, the actress and husband celebrated their union of love alongside family and close friends at the Ambassador Hotel in Taipei, with no media interference and celebrity guests involved.

The couple reportedly has also visited Charles' hometown before the wedding to worship ancestors.

Ariel even threw a fan from a car window - said to be a Han tradition symbolising her new life, habits, and manners as a wife.

In regard to the private event, according to China Topix, Ariel's manager stated that they decided to open the event only to close friends and family as the banquet's guests were mainly relatives from Charles' side.

Source

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ariel Lin in the World’s Luckiest Love Triangle with Vic Zhou and Bolin Chen in the Sequel to Go Lala Go!

Forget star power, which is already bling bling blinding in the collective intensity, the joint awards power of these three together is also something to marvel at. The rumored casting news leaked a few weeks ago but I didn’t to jinx it by writing about it too early, I’ve been waiting close to ten years for these two to work together and I am not taking any chances for this to fall through. Now I can finally write about it because filming has started on the sequel to the 2010 hit C-movie Go Lala Go!, this time with a whole new cast including three of the biggest Taiwan acting stars in Vic Zhou, Ariel Lin, and Bolin Chen.

Even writing Zai Zai and Ariel’s names next to each other makes me quiver with glee, tossing in Bolin to form a love triangle is like someone giving me a free house and then offering to pay all the property taxes going forward. So much win I can’t even. The three of them also collectively own a lot of awards hardware, in Golden Bell Awards alone Ariel has two for In Time with You and They Kiss Again, Bolin also won for In Time With You, and Zai Zai finally got his due for Coming Home after losing out in Black & White. Go Lala Go! 2 can be a series of nonsensical scenes strung together and I’ll still watch and probably love it on the strength of this cast alone.

Continue Reading:http://koalasplayground.com/2015/05/17/ariel-lin-in-the-worlds-luckiest-love-triangle-with-vic-zhou-and-bolin-chen-in-the-sequel-to-go-lala-go/

CANT WAIT FOR THIS!!!:D

• 7 months later...

I plan to spam this thread with screenshots from Go Lala Go as soon as my hard drive with the images is recovered.:D In the meantime , these pix from a walk with her family and grandma really show the side of Ariel I love the most - quirky, cute, fun and down to earth. 

Jan15-01.jpg

Jan15-02.jpg

Jan15-04.jpg

Jan15-05.jpg

Guest Tinkiebell
1 hour ago, stuartjmz said:

plan to spam this thread with screenshots from Go Lala Go as soon as my hard drive with the images is recovered.:D In the meantime , these pix from a walk with her family and grandma really show the side of Ariel I love the most - quirky, cute, fun and down to earth. 

Omg, that first pic, Ariel, lol! 

On 12/19/2015 at 2:01 AM, angelangie said:

anyone seen Ariel latest film Do Lala? :D it pretty good....im so happy to finally see Vic starring along sides Ariel for real and Chen BoLin in the same screen again :D

cr: as tagged & Ariel Lin林依晨 (Facebook)

I loved it! Not a classic for the ages, but a sweet fun romcom with a happy ending, and SO MUCH ARIEL. Also, BO LIN. And of course Vic's not ugly either. :D. A question I've been wondering about -who did the dubbing for Nana's character? The voice sounds very familiar, I'm sure I should know who she was, but the name eludes me. Any ideas? 

48 minutes ago, angelangie said:

I have no ideas cause I never look into dubbing cast.....

Neither do I normally, but on this occasion the voice was SO familiar I found it distracting - I kept thinking "aaargh! Who IS she?!" :D

38 minutes ago, angelangie said:

So far we had been lucky they had kept Ariel original voice in most of her drama so I don't have to cringe at those dubbing voice

I won't watch Ariel dubbed - I like her voice too much. I have watched several hours of unsubbed Ariel content despite not knowing Mandarin, just to enjoy watching AND listening to her, but I gave up on isuper quick as soon as I heard someone else's voice coming out "her" mouth. 

Nana also stood out in this one because she seemed to be the only one dubbed. Which I assume is because she's Korean, and not a native Mandarin speaker. 

LIKE that song, which is surprising because I dislike the original. It's a cover of a 1977 song I've been Paradise. It annoyed me with its twee lyrics when it first came out, even though I was only 9 at the time. That might be why I like the cover in GLG2, because I have no idea if the lyrics are as awful in Mandarin as the English ones!:D

Here's the original, you can compare it for yourself 

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to look through Go Lala Go 2 for some beautiful glam shots, but in the end, I couldn't help myself, and went the Ariel I love best - her irresistibly warm, cute smile. :)

forsoompi1.jpg

forsoomp2.jpg

forsoomp3.jpg

Archived