[MANGA/ANIME] Durarara

Guest knockblock

Guest jookill

Without a doubt my favorite new anime...the way it all connects is great. And I see Mikado in a new light after episode 11, what a badass haha

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest knockblock

Hm.. you said you're on ep 11... Are you sure? There was a whole episode narrated by Shizuo.. everything was pretty much all explained o.o

Really? So there was an episode with Shizuo explaining everything. I didn't see all of the episodes. Didn't pay that much attention to some episodes because things were all over the place and had me confused at times or bored. What happened in that episode you describe?

Guest NO NAME?

^ Check out episode #7. That basically explains Shizuo's past and his hatred for Izaya.

The Shinra and Celty moment was cute.

Episode #13 doesn't air next week, but it will the week after. Can't wait!

Here's a preview for the next OP.

コンプリケイション/ROOKiEZ is PUNK'D サビのみ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK0yom186kw

Hm, I enjoyed the first OP a lot, but this just might grow on me.

ON/OFF will provide music for the second ED. Love their music. They're known for singing the OP for both seasons of Vampire Knight.

Guest knockblock

^ Check out episode #7. That basically explains Shizuo's past and his hatred for Izaya.

I already did. In that episode, it showed why Shizuo throws stuff when he gets angry along with his history. How he felt that Izaya set him up for something he did bad and that he didn't like Izaya the moment he met him. Also in it, Shizuo called Izaya a flea and Shinra said Izaya isn't exactly a nice guy and that he is an a-hole.

Yeah, I saw that episode.

Guest knockblock

BTW, April Fool No Name number 2 and kaydeex. I lied. I did see all the episodes.

I liked Trust Me by Yuya Matsumini coopera. It will be no more after episode 12.

Mikado decided to ask the girl with glasses out. Good thing he did. They look like they could have something going.

Guest kaydeex

BTW, April Fool No Name number 2 and kaydeex. I lied. I did see all the episodes.

I liked Trust Me by Yuya Matsumini coopera. It will be no more after episode 12.

Mikado decided to ask the girl with glasses out. Good thing he did. They look like they could have something going.

lmao, the one day I decide to check this thread again, I see this. It was funny that it wasn't funny. ...That doesn't even make sense lol.

Guest NO NAME?
What!? Haha! Oh man, DRRR!! definitely has the best OP and ED for '09 winter season. It just fits the anime perfectly. Yeah... Oh, and I thought it was rather odd that Seiji didn't flip out after finding out about Mika's surgery to look like Celty.

• 1 month later...
Guest amydien

I LOVE this show! I can say Izaya is my favourite character...his personality is so interesting! I want to know more about Kida's past..what did he do with the Yellow Scarves gang?....

Seiji and Mika's story was kinda creepy. :ph34r:

Guest NO NAME?

Hella creepy!

I wonder too. I wasn't too surprised to find out that Kida is the leader of the yellow scarves since I accidentally read a spoiler on him around the time when two episodes only aired.

Shizuo kicking richard simmons in that silly fight was an interesting watch.

http://i43.tinypic.com/17zrt1.jpg

And :lol: @ the new door for the van.

Kida vs. Mikado vs. Anri

^ I'm definitely looking forward to this!

Guest amydien

Hella creepy!

I wonder too. I wasn't too surprised to find out that Kida is the leader of the yellow scarves since I accidentally read a spoiler on him around the time when two episodes only aired.

Shizuo kicking richard simmons in that silly fight was an interesting watch.

http://i43.tinypic.com/17zrt1.jpg

And :lol: @ the new door for the van.

Kida vs. Mikado vs. Anri

^ I'm definitely looking forward to this!

O_O whatttt!! Kida is the leader?!

omg what a shock...Im only on episode 16 so I didnt know.

But he seems to be afraid of Izaya though. I cant tell if it's fear or respect. I'd be so happy if Izaya plays a senpai role to Kida :D

Guest NO NAME?

^ Whoops. I should have written that that was a spoiler for episode 17. My bad.

You caught up yet? You'll see why Kida is afraid of Izaya.

Episode 18: What a cliffhanger! It was nice seeing Kida's backstory. We finally learn who Saki is. Does she like Kida still? I can't tell since she pretty much worships Izaya...? Man, Izaya is behind everything. Genius. Dotachin and the gang were great in this episode. I really enjoyed the entire scene when Walker saved Saki. It felt odd not seeing Celty or Shizuo in this episode.

I've only seen the first episode as well, but I didn't continue watching it because DRRR!! just aired around that time. Might as well give the series another try. Heard that it's fun to watch.

Guest knockblock

Hey kaydeex I decided to do what I did that day because that time around was perfect. I wasn't making humor out of me not getting why Shizuo hates Izyaya though. I still wasn't sure why Shizuo hates Izaya but I checked back on that particular episode after some time the last time I posted in this thread. I guess you'll remember that day.

I haven't seen the latest episode yet. I really like the second opening song. It has a good feel.

Been thinking of if I should see Baccano. I know about it from a few years ago and only saw a little bit of one episode. If anyone thinks I should go back and try I'll hear it out.

Guest Take Five

^yes, you should definitely try it again. it's hard to get into in the beginning cuz nothing will make sense, but by the 4th episode things will start to click. it's one of my favorite series.

Guest amydien

Im on episode 17 (watching on crunchyroll). I sense Mikado-Kida rivalry in the near future.

HOW EXCITING!! *_____*

Guest knockblock

^yes, you should definitely try it again. it's hard to get into in the beginning cuz nothing will make sense, but by the 4th episode things will start to click. it's one of my favorite series.

OK, old friend. I tried to watch it at the time it came out but didn't keep up with it for long. I remember that Baccano showed the recap in their opening like Durarara does. I don't think it is something I will say is one of my favorites but I'll see to it what its all about.

I LOVE this show! I can say Izaya is my favourite character...his personality is so interesting! I want to know more about Kida's past..what did he do with the Yellow Scarves gang?....

Am I the only one who finds it funny when Izaya acts immature?

Shizuo is my favorite character. He is cool.

We got to see what happened in Masaomi's past in the last couple episodes. 19 and 18 answers what you were asking about.

Everything looks like they are coming together. It's getting more interesting.

Guest Take Five

i'm a bit behind in this series, but i've come to the point where ecliptic-BSS's subs stop. what's the next best group to go with? Not Ecliptic-BSS? Crunchier? or are all of these crunchyroll subs one way or another...

Guest knockblock

I don't pay attention to find out what groups does which subs anymore. I just watch online to get it done with.

Looks like Mikado and Masaomi are going to oppose each other. After finding out what is happening.

Guest K.Y.S.L.xx

I'm only on Episode 6 right now, but I reallly want to keep watching. At first I was unsure of the show, but it's drawing me in. XDD

Izaya and Shizuo are amazing <3 <3 My fav characters so far lol

and Celty is officially the coolest heroine in anime ever. xP haha

Guest yokemun

i've just downloaded all the episodes available...

i've watched the first 2 episodes, and i'm liking it so far...

is a bit confusing in the beginning, but as i watched on, i really like it...

gonna continue watching it afte my class ends later!!!

Archived