[MANGA/ANIME] Durarara

Guest knockblock

Guest knockblock

moe-135723-celty_sturluson-durarara-heiw

Summary:

The story takes place in a downtown of Tokyo, Ikebukuro. Teenage punks gang up and fight against each other. The gangsters are afraid of an urban legend "Dullahan" headless rider, who rides a black motorcycle without head lights nor sounds of engine. Ryuugamine Mikado is a normal high school boy who seeks peculiar beings. When He moves in to Ikebukuro, a mad scramble for Dullahan's missing head breaks out.

Volumes: 9 (Ongoing) https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=43436

Published by: YenPress

Anime Episodes: Season 1: 26 + Season 2: 36 

Durarara-durarara-34006585-2181-1137.jpg

Durarara-durarara-23892948-1280-800.jpg

durarara2.jpg

Is anyone watching Durarara?

I saw the first two episodes. It's been intetersting so far. It's got a bit range of characters to work with. I'm compelled to learn about each of the charactesr being displayed. The plot seems to be setting up for something that it will be unfolding.

So what do you think?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest knockblock

It isn't clear what their connection is. Though it seems they are working togther or something.

Luckily for the girl who could have died when she attempted suicide she was saved by the headless motorcycler. What Izaya said to her got to her head.

The two best friends part of the story is interesting too. I think there will be more coming from them.

What was the point of that one guy going to the class late only to tell everyone that he doesn't want to be there and then leave?

Guest NO NAME?
What was the point of that one guy going to the class late only to tell everyone that he doesn't want to be there and then leave?
I assume that it has something to do w/ the girl that you see in the OP & ED.

Guest knockblock

Why thanks NN. For providing the pictures.

The headless motorcycler couldn't be human judging from the looks of it. Izaya as well.

We still got a couple or so characters left to be introduced with. There is still that doctor lady that hasn't appeared yet. Then maybe another character that I can't bother to remember.

What will those of you watching look forward to in the next episodes?

Guest yabasta

EP3 is already out.

Apparently the story is about the main protagonists taking down a gang or something. But the plot it convoluted with side arcs and mini-stories of individuals and pairs... same as Baccano! (same crew).

The series isn't bad so far, but tbh it's nothing 'spectacularly' memorable like DTB (first season).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Irysinon

I started watching this, because it's by the creator of Baccano! And that was an excellent series. For such a short duration, it had some of the most interesting characters and plot development I've seen. In fact, it reminds me so much of the movie Snatch. I can't say the same for Durarara!! While the four episodes I've seen so far of it were fun, it's not enough for me to pay it special attention like everyone else. But, since it's gonna be 24 episodes, there's time for plenty of development and surprises. I'll stay tuned.

So far, I am definitely loving DRRR!! :D

I love Kida-kun and Izaya the most so far ;]

And what's even better is that Kida-kun's voice actor is the same guy who voiced Tamaki in OHSHS, Light in Death Note, and Sho in Skip Beat. (*w*)b

• 2 weeks later...
Guest teamints

I'm a few episodes behind (kpop and school have currently been consuming my life D:) but this anime is like. My newest anime obsession.

Seriously. I have such high expectations for this series and I really hope it lives up to them.

Guest amydien

I started watching this last night, and Im on episode 3 :D

I like it so far. Izaya seems to be the coolest character so far, but Kida caught my attention first..he's voiced by Miyano Mamoru!! I was looking at the voice acting cast and it looks star-studded male cast(atleast for me :P ): Miyano Mamoru, Kamiya Hiroshi, Ono Daisuke & Fukuyama Jun!!

Guest NO NAME?

Episode 6:

I'm disappointed that the torture scene in this episode wasn't as great as the one seen in the manga (ch.7).

It was obvious from the get go that Dotachin and the otakus are members of Dollars. Now, I'm just curious as to who the leader is. It can't be Izaya. He looks like a normal Dollar gang member, I'm assuming it's either Kida or Mikado.

It's getting better by each episode.

Totally loving the references.

It seems that the anime is ahead, not the manga.

Just because I find the third episode to be very entertaining.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2wlx0tz.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/210dmaa.jpg

Credit: ?

Archived