[Drama 2010] Still, Marry Me / The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry 아직도 결혼하고 싶은 여ì

Guest purpleZ

hiyaaa...

anyways...the MJ scene in the library...i saw it before actually...i even re-winded the episode in order to make sure that i did not miss anything...it was really weird but i concluded it as purpleZ had said, that it was just the random imagination on SY's part...

but with that said i think that he didn't give her his number but was just simply playing with her...i actually assumed that his note said something like "i know you like me, but i'm not interested"..kekekee....this is the thing with programs...they tend to cut a few things out in order to shorten the actual running time...

@ dreamgazer1985:

Ep 3 - beginning summary:

i am buying into what purpleZ and rest suggested too.

ie, the whole scenario is a figment of SY's imagination. since the header for that ep 3 segment was SY saying all guys are interested in, or that what all that girls really needed are ==> botox, diet and boobs.

(and we all know SY's MJ supposedly did NOT care of these things in ANY girl. B):D )

or, going along with what i had said. heard you when you said about it's "rude, creepy" and kinda hard to believe MJ would deliver this with that "self-satisfied smirk" on his face. NO, i didn't mean his note would be outright criticism. but YES, i imagine the note might have said, like jollibee also suggested:

"i know you like me, but i am not interested" ..... or

"nice bod, but totally wasted on me. save your time and effort for other guys"

you get the idea. something to that effect. and really .... it's NOT so far off-mark. this type of "rude" remark would be quite IN-character with Ha MJ actually === esp the early episodes Ha Min-jae, he's not known for polite at times (not even with his hyung Ban-seok) and MJ had his own code of 'player rules and behaviour'.

didn't he practise some of this on SY early on - in the lecture theatre, in front of other students?

when you look beyond our forgiving labels of 'cheeky and teasing' here ..... his student behaviour with his lecturer (SY) was also brazen, insolent and arrogant. NOT exactly respectful.

early MJ could be quite full of himself. recall how he stepped forward to volunteer himself when SY asked for 'the best looking' in their class (at the TV station visit)? after which he was then instantly deflated when SY, without even batting an eyelid .... chose another female classmate instead. :lol:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree with purpleZ on that one. I think it's more of SY imagination of MJ being attracted to girls with big boobs.

jusash, I had a very good laugh at that scene where SY picked another student and totally ignored MJ. He deserved it!

Oh and that wedding scene purpleZ was talking about, am I right to say that when MJ told SY that the only thing he can give her now is a kiss, is he telling SY that he won't do anything "funny"? He just want to spend more time with her?

Guest maidai

Hello, i am new here.. I have watched the Whole Drama last week, I love all the characters,

especially Kim Boem .... he is so Romantic :P

and I love the closing, wohoooo a KISS.

I saw his lips moving around :lol:

Guest kreAsian

I'm thinking about watching this since it looks very interesting.

Would anyone recommend this? If so why?

Guest purpleZ

Been so sick, strucked by hay fever :(

@blyssxoxo: This is what bugged me too. If you translate the sentence MJ said literally, he was saying "I'm going to do it today. That's all I can do". Then he kissed her. I didn't understand what he was implying...

PJH posted a link to a Japan's website.

I think SMM will be release there at a local station.

SMM Japan Site

Thanks for posting the link. It's finally showing in Japan! I hope that viewers in Japan would appreciate this much more than those in Korea. Hope it will be a hit and that the casts will be invited over too like other Kdramas which do well in Japan.

@maidai:

Welcome, maidai! Yeah, Bummie gave a real kiss he's never done before :)

I'm thinking about watching this since it looks very interesting.

Would anyone recommend this? If so why?

Hi, kreAsian. I may be biased, but I would recommend this to anyone. People whom I recommended it to, they all like it. The reasons why I recommend it are: the smart dialogue, the sizzling chemistry between Park Jin-hee and Kim Bum, the totally mature side of KB he's never shown before and his big improvement in acting, fast paced story telling, the chemistry among the 3 girlfriends, hilarious and funny but not over the top humor.

purpleZ, hey ger I hope you are feel much better now or else please visit the doc again ok?

After re-watching the episode again, I'm thinking in this way:

1) He asked SY if he can stay over as a form of confirmation that their relationship is advancing to the next level and SY saying yes affirms this.

2) So the only thing he can give her now is only a kiss to seal their love since he can't propose right now.

So I'm totally doing away with my initial thought in my previous post. I think this makes more sense since they were at DJ wedding and MJ initially asked if SY feels sad that she's still single.

And let me rant about SM & SW again since they appeared in this episode. SM kept saying SY should be ashamed of herself since she felt in love with someone 10 years younger, isn't she herself doing the same by falling for SW?!! As much as she want to be rational, she couldn't do it so why can't she understand SY. And come on, you son did tell you that it was he who went to purse SY!SY can't helped but to fall in love with him and just like you yourself falling for SW. Arghh! >.<

kreAsian, you should definitely watch this but like what purpleZ said we are biased people here since we love this drama very much :lol: She pretty much said what I want to say as well. Perhaps the first few episodes might not blow you away but after you follow through, you will be hooked! The dialogue is fantastic and nothing like other drama. It's really good. You should give it a go!

Coming back to the drama, any one noticed the "pause yo" thing? In one of the episode, MJ paused and added a yo just to please SY who wants him to speak to her formally. It really cracks me up! I thought Personal Taste was the originator since they had it in one of their episode before I watch this drama. No offense to PT supporters since I'm one as well. I'm just curious did any other Kdrama used this? I thought it was brilliant! :lol:

Guest kreAsian

@purpleZ; I just started watching this and so far its getting better and better, so far I am on episode 3 :D

I'm really living Park Jin Hee's acting <3

Guest *alodia*

I so into this drama!!

@kreAsian, I'm at Episode 12 right now too!

And I'm loving every bit and pieces to death!

Haha I've sang "joheun saram itsumyun sukishikyujyo" 100x already! :P

Guest purpleZ

Im @ Episode 12 :D

So far its pretty good ^^

@kreAsian: I'm glad you decided to watch this show and like it :) You're quite fast then!

I so into this drama!!

@kreAsian, I'm at Episode 12 right now too!

And I'm loving every bit and pieces to death!

Haha I've sang "joheun saram itsumyun sukishikyujyo" 100x already! :P

@*alodia*: Welcome to the club, *alodia*! Very happy that many more people decided to watch this show.

Girl, you really sang that song 100x?! This show is addictive, isn't it?

I'm also curious if we have a time jump at the last episode or not? Is SY back for holiday in between or that's like 3 years later?

Thanks, girl, for the well wishes! I'm still weak, but better from the last few days :)

Did you finish it already? Try to go back a few pages. We did a whole lot of interesting discussions over the time period in the last episode. If you want, you could also try to read dramabeans recaps of episode 16 here: http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/03/the-woma...isode-16-final/

Guest *alodia*

Girl, you really sang that song 100x?! This show is addictive, isn't it?

Yeah, I sang it 100x and I still haven't gotten myself a boyfriend.

Maybe I overdo it. I should have sang it for just 22 times, like Da Jung, right? ^^*

Guest Yang_EunBi

hi everyone^^

you know what, I've been following Park Jin Hee in twitter just recently..

at first i thought it was not really her but it turned out that it's really her.

she's always tweeting about environment advocacy..oh~~i really admire her..!!

one problem is that she finds it hard to translate English to Korean. she told me that, that's why she does not often reply to my tweets^^

~~oh i'm quite sad, when finally i had the chance to somehow be close to her we can't understand each other fully because of language differences ^^

someone help me..!!!

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Guest JEYEF

hi everyone^^

you know what, I've been following Park Jin Hee in twitter just recently..

at first i thought it was not really her but it turned out that it's really her.

she's always tweeting about environment advocacy..oh~~i really admire her..!!

one problem is that she finds it hard to translate English to Korean. she told me that, that's why she does not often reply to my tweets^^

~~oh i'm quite sad, when finally i had the chance to somehow be close to her we can't understand each other fully because of language differences ^^

someone help me..!!!

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Hey! I think you are one lucky fangirl!

Your lucky because even if she's having a hard time understanding your tweets she still managed to respond in it.

Celebrities I think receives about a thousand tweets a day, depending on how may fanboys and fangirls they have.

So for her to be able to notice and reply on you is really one of the happiest thing that a fangirl would receive.

My advice on you is that you should be the one to adjust, than her adjusting on you.

If she cannot fully understand and reply in an english sentence, you'll be the one to learn the basic hangul.

So you can communicate well to her.

Guest purpleZ

Reposting and adding some self taken pics on the set of SMM. She's good at making funny faces :D

pjheco.jpgpjhfunny.jpgpjhfunny1.jpg

PJH Tweeting? Looks like she's always with her notebook :)

pjhfunny2.jpgpjhfunny3.jpgpjhfunny4.jpg

Guest kelela

Familiarity from our F4 boys.

tumblr_l2bw6sc9nW1qzv8nho1_500.png

Top - cap from Personal Taste ep. 13

Bottom - cap from Still, Marry Me ep. 6

Guest charmedjean

Hi all~ ^^

I recently finished watching this drama~ ^^ it's so cuteeeeeee <3

I was trying to read back over the 82 pages of comments...but there are too many pages T.T

I remember reading some translations in this thread for the final scene in Ep 12.. (Kiss scene)

Can anyone shed some light on the last sentence by MJ?

I can understand a little bit of korean and when I listened to that last sentence, he said something like

"I'll marry you at 40, because this is all I can do" (i.e. this is the only choice I have)... since she has to wait 6 years to get married unless she gets married within the next 6 months...

I remember reading in this thread that some fans interpreted it as "i'll marry you at 40, but this is all I can do for you now" i.e. the kiss is all MJ can give to SY?

I'm confused... did anyone clear this up within the 82 pages? I should read back through it properly...but it will take me weeks T.T sorry if this has been answered already ^^

Guest charmedjean

Another ice skating scene? Call me biased, still prefer SMM one! :)

Hi charmedjean, if you translate it literally the last sentence MJ said to SY just before he kissed her: "I'll do it today, this is all I can do now". We have different interpretations on this one. I'm assuming at that time he meant a kiss was all he could do, since he still couldn't marry her.

Thanks purpleZ :)

It's the weekend now over here, time to watch the drama all over again :lol:

MBC didn't release any NGs for this drama?? So sad~ :o

Archived