[Drama 2010] Still, Marry Me / The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry 아직도 결혼하고 싶은 여ì

Guest purpleZ

@kaciemom & purpleZ: Aww..thanx for the birthday shout out, guys. =D

I'm glad you enjoyt the fic, purpleZ. The other one is also a thing of beauty. If you have time, leave them a comment (you don't need an account to comment) b/c I want them to feel all encouraged and love for their efforts so I can weasel some more fics out of them in the future. hurhur

It's ok, kaciemom. You guys can still celebrate my b-day, in fact, I just view March as my whole b-day month. haha...can you imagine how annoyed my friends are with me by now? XD....

p.s: the perfect present would be Bummie on my doorstep with a bow....And nothing else. hurhur....Or better yet, some news that Jinhee and Bummie are together making pretty babies b/c once again, they will have such pretty ones.

I've been doing a slight withdrawal from the drama, even the OST looping is stopped for now b/c I want to come back and watch it from the beginning, probably next week. So I'm giving myself some room to miss it. Also, expect me spamming the thread later on as I revisit all the scenes and such!

I seriously want to see a spin off of this drama so hard, preferably with Buki...with many appearances by MinShi couple <3

Nah ... Bummie on your doorstep with nothing else but a bow ----- PJH will have a lot of pasta to throw at you! :lol:

Chiming in with more belated HaPpY BdAY greetings for you dreamgazer1985!

Enjoy March - ain't that many days of it left! :D

Holy Cow. Very enjoyable reading, those birthday presents of yours!

Your friends sure got under the skin of Bummie and Jin Hee (all written so in Min Jae-Shin Young flavour) ... and the extension was equally enjoyable (did your friend actually watch this drama, or did you fill her in on the details?)

Been having mild withdrawals every wk on those 2 days when we normally would be waiting with bated breath for the next new upload/s.

Come back and write more morsels of wisdom on our favorite couple once you're done with your rounds of rewatching eh?

=============

And Hi to all the new viewers who just joined the ride! Magical journey, ain't it? B)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest purpleZ

So as you know, I was planning to do a re-watch marathon. I did manage re-watch, but not so much the marathon. As I started watching episode 2, I noticed many more eye sex. Man, is Bummie such a natural teaser or what?? If I see such eyes in a man, I would faint right that moment :lol:

EYES EXPRESSION Episode 2.

Starting from the last part of their first meeting in episode 1. Here their eyes are filled with "can't stand him/her!" stares. As this kind of first meeting wouldn't spark love at first, it makes you wonder how on earth they fell for each other? But the attractions would start off naturally...

eyesep23smaller.jpg

The second encounter between the "enemies" occurred at college where Shin-young replaced her colleague to give a 3 week lecture. She met Min-jae again. This time, they started a serious conversation without trying to crush each other. MJ's way of speech annoyed SY as she thought that he's got no manners and asked him not to come to her class anymore. But MJ didn't want to give up and came up with a gist that might spark the interest of SY. An underground illegal organization selling stolen goods. Going on double mission: to uncover the organization and to look for her stolen diamond ring that she had to return to her ex. SY insisted that she wanted to come along with MJ to meet the person. MJ asked her to dress younger so that she'd look like a student :D

eyesep22smaller.jpg

Their first undercover action already started as early as episode 2. SY's femme fatality is already noticeable here. It's co cute and hilarious to see how close MJ acted around SY already since their 2nd encounter. Of course, not to make the man of the illegal organization smelled something fishy, he had to act as though SY is around his age and acted loosely and informal as he called her boldly "Shin Young ah!" (notice, in Korea you don't call people older than you by their names! Moreover that much of an age gap). The man looked suspicious and slightly in disbelieve that SY's actually a student. To which MJ retorted: "She got held back for 3 years, so she's a bit older". This always makes me giggle!

eyesep21smaller.jpg

They met again at the college library. With that playful and cheeky personality, he teased SY again. After playfully rejected to help SY carry the books, he went back running and grab the books out of her hands. Notice: first skinship! He had his hands on SY's while trying to grab the books away from her.

eyesep2smaller.jpg

MJ casually mentioned him having a performance and willingly to invite her to attend. It's hilarious, looking at their eyes expression here!

MJ: I have a performance next Thursday. Will you come?

Trying to play hard to get, SY replied: "I don't have time"

Crawling out of embarrassment, MJ hit it back with more arrogance: "I was also just asking out of politeness"!

Look at her last eyes expression. Lol. Best!

eyesep24smaller.jpg

@ purpleZ :

THANKS! :D LOVE the scenes you posted - esp the library one! :wub:

(NOT as thrilled over the deliberately sweet ones in the early eppies (eg karaoke in ep 4, or the sweet potato one in ep 5) bec those are obviously set up and meant to make us go aww) but definitely LOVE Love love this one.

the library scene: so highlighting their different characters, approaches to things, their similar 'must-be-cool, must-save-face' highly enjoyble verbal sparring and mutual determination

(btw do you think their meeting was accidental? to me, Min Jae looked like he was hanging around in the library, just hoping to bump into her!).

and notice how MJ likes SY to dress all pink and woolly-fuzzy?

the stuff he provided for her at the impromptu skating he dragged her to - it was pinky fuzzy too.

when he invited her for his concert (which SY said she had no time for) - r'ber he also told her to dress pretty ... he liked the high school kid gear she was wearing when pretending to be a student.

haahaha .... cheeky MJ was so enjoying himself taking FULL ADVANTAGE of the situation, when they went undercover at the counterfeit gang bust. :P

free for all chance where he could call SY ... SY shii/SY ahh ... all the informal addresses he could not use otherwise. and notice how he also took the opportunity to knock her on the head - something she totally do nothing about. :lol:

oooooo eye expression flashback!!! i love it -- thanks! :D

i know many people have mentioned this, but i just can't believe how low the ratings were - for shame!

hopefully people in korea are catching it on their VOD (i guess everyone has that in korea now?), as well as those abroad like us. it was way too charming and wonderful to have so few people enjoy it. i have all my gf's watching it!

-s

Guest dreamgazer1985

Aww....library scene!! That basically sent me off on the obsessive love train for this drama. I was intrigued enough by ep. 1, but by ep.2 ~ it was like I NEED MOAR. YESTERDAY!!

@jusash ~ aww...I don't get nakey Bummie on my doorstep even tho I've been a pretty good girl this year? XD ...It's ok though, I rather have nakey Bummie showing up on Jinhee's doorstep instead. hurhur

Another treat from imur to me. Pic from Da Jung's twitter, I believe.

78217575.jpg

This is why the drama was so good b/c the friendship we saw on screen obviously translate into real life too. Oh girls, I miss you guys! <3

Guest endlessxdream

couldn't hold my comments.. ^_^

thank you guys for all the picture and infos.. :wub:

Ki Bum did a great job in this drama. :wub:

I love the connection between MJ n SY (even though there's an age gap).

<3 this drama (dont know how many times I've rewatch MJ n SJ moments)

Guest evie544

Just saw the 16 subs and I am going to watch right now. I tried to watch 15 subs before I had the 16 subs and I couldn't do it. I feel like I NEED the 16 subs first.

In any case. I will be back for further discussion.

Also, feel free to add me as a friend on here. Love to keep up with the dramas everyone is watching.

Where did you find the episode 16 subs?

Guest Yang_EunBi

hi purpLez!!!

i saw in this thread before that you made some fanvids on MinYoung..

can you please give me the links!!!

i love them so much!!!!

again, thanks a lot for all the pictures, recaps, and links..

we couldn't have made it this far without you...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest tortyserox

what an underrated drama! i seriously love this drama, esp the gerls friendship & chemistry. they nvr fail to me laugh! go the 30s!! *showers <333 for this drama*

I just read the whole complete recap that Dramabeans did on the finale. Her recap really answers the ending and the timeline. Also she gave an unbias opinion on the closing. So if you have a chance, go read up on it.

Also I will always stop off and check out the latest here at this forum. Have a great week all!!! :D

Guest mariz22

Just couldn't wait any longer for the english subbed finale episode... I had to watch Episode 16 in raw and just settled for Dramabeans' recap. It was a satisfying ending. Will really miss this show.

I found this drama very entertaining, light-hearted, so well-written and showcased excellent acting from the entire cast. It will make you fall in love with the characters, especially Shin Young and Min Jae (except for the pesky in-laws of Ban Seok and Shin Young's sunbae Myung-seok... they annoy me to death!) Lots of life lessons to learn from this drama too (huge credit to Bu-ki's wisdom... she really should just take on a sidejob as guidance counselor, i'm sure she'll do great in that career too...lol).

Kim Bum and Park Jin Hee had great onscreen chemistry, I had doubts in the beginning if they could pull off a May-Dec love affair, given the 10-yr age gap, but they made it so believable. It felt so real that they made me fall in love with their love... and I fell for it hard! One of my favorite k-dramas of all time. I really enjoyed this one!

my rating: 5/5 :D

Guest purpleZ

Reading Dramabeans' final episode recap, made me weep again. It's been about a week since I last did a rewatch of the final episode. All the emotions came back to me again. And as I mentioned in my summary of episode 16 before, it was the most heart breaking use of the word "noona" ever, as my heart just sank along with it.

I'm glad that they had a positive review of the last episode. I don't know what the Korean journalist was thinking when she wrote that negative article about the ending. There was no 3 year fast forward and they were showing their love at that moment of time and left a kind of an open ending for us to fill it in. As I said before, a happy and an open ending at the same time.

THANKS! :D LOVE the scenes you posted - esp the library one! :wub:

(NOT as thrilled over the deliberately sweet ones in the early eppies (eg karaoke in ep 4, or the sweet potato one in ep 5) bec those are obviously set up and meant to make us go aww) but definitely LOVE Love love this one.

the library scene: so highlighting their different characters, approaches to things, their similar 'must-be-cool, must-save-face' highly enjoyble verbal sparring and mutual determination

(btw do you think their meeting was accidental? to me, Min Jae looked like he was hanging around in the library, just hoping to bump into her!).

and notice how MJ likes SY to dress all pink and woolly-fuzzy?

the stuff he provided for her at the impromptu skating he dragged her to - it was pinky fuzzy too.

when he invited her for his concert (which SY said she had no time for) - r'ber he also told her to dress pretty ... he liked the high school kid gear she was wearing when pretending to be a student.

haahaha .... cheeky MJ was so enjoying himself taking FULL ADVANTAGE of the situation, when they went undercover at the counterfeit gang bust. :P

free for all chance where he could call SY ... SY shii/SY ahh ... all the informal addresses he could not use otherwise. and notice how he also took the opportunity to knock her on the head - something she totally do nothing about. :lol:

You know, jusash, I was wondering what made MJ intrigued in "messing" with SY. He obviously didn't like her at the first place, after the guitar cord incident. After SY cut his guitar cord, he chased after her and called her "ahjumma!". But after meeting her the second time he met her, at his college, he kind of changed his attitude towards her. He was quite loose already, even started to tease her and saying that she's pretty. SY was clearly not pleased and blunt by asking him not to go to her class anymore. Was it her "strong" and not easily intimidated attitude that amused him? I've seen enough dramas where the handsome popular guys fall in love with unpopular girls who literally humiliate, degrade and shout at them (BOF anyone? and many more i can't think of). Whereas It's more natural here. Because SY's not trying hard to play hard to get, but it's more like she's totally unintentionally ignorant to his interests.

The way that he stood while reading at the library, it seemed like he was waiting to bump into her. Which concluded that he might have a feeling or two already for her.

Yeah, MJ definitely has a thing for pink woolly fuzzy outfit :D

@dreamgazer1985: Thanks for sharing the pic! The girls really were enjoying each other's companies. I'm hoping to see PJH-Bummie's offscreen pics :rolleyes:

i saw in this thread before that you made some fanvids on MinYoung..

can you please give me the links!!!

i love them so much!!!!

again, thanks a lot for all the pictures, recaps, and links..

we couldn't have made it this far without you...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks! It means a lot.

I just managed to finish one clip. Trying to slip in some time to do it. Right now I'm working on the second one, the Shin Young's version.

The link for the video is: The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry MV - Confession by Kim Bum (Part 1)

Kim Bum and Park Jin Hee had great onscreen chemistry, I had doubts in the beginning if they could pull off a May-Dec love affair, given the 10-yr age gap, but they made it so believable. It felt so real that they made me fall in love with their love... and I fell for it hard! One of my favorite k-dramas of all time. I really enjoyed this one!

Which concludes how believably good JinBum pairing is! They overcame all odds and negative comments and proved themselves as one of the best pairings ever. Ones who could convey their emotions right from the heart. Jin Hee proved that she's not that old to play as Bummie's lover, and Bummie proved that he's not that young innocent boy that he's been associated with and fit incredibly well as PJH's lover. Two actors who, when together, can complement each other perfectly. When they're together, the huge age gap are not noticeable.

Guest Yang_EunBi

I'VE ALREADY WATCHED IT..!!!!

THANKS A LOT purpleZ..!!!!

i almost melted after watching it...

Lovely couple..

please give me the link after you have finished ShinYoung's Confession...

Guest kelela

@purpleZ - agree with you on all points... sheesh, we all share a darn brain in here!

Oh the library. That scene is just, just so amazing to me. The first moments of something quite unexpected. I loved how it was conveyed. I don't think anyone else could have done it like those 2. Looking back, it not only showed how unexpected love and attraction can be, but how endearing it is when it takes you by surprise.

It was only the beginning, too.

BRB, going to watch that scene all over and over again.

Guest 00forever00

I really likes this drama...and great castin team

it's not mushy like other typical romantic-comedy, and this time 3 females lead with strong personalities and smart, independence

I love BuGi character the best, she's cool, calm and collected, confindent about herself

Archived