[Drama 2010] Still, Marry Me / The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry 아직도 결혼하고 싶은 여ì

Guest purpleZ

I think the timeline confused all of us. The general consensus is that it's definitely not 3 years since there is a scene of Da Jung giving birth. However, someone brought up that perhaps that's not in chronological order since we were getting a tons of flashbacks near the end. Personally, I don't think so. But I have yet to watch the whole thing w/ subs.

@dreamgazer, kelela

I for one, personally prefer to think that one scene of Da Jung giving birth had NOTHING time-wise, in chronological relation and sequence to the whole collage of happenings and events they showed.

The way I see it:

That the one last concert (when SY sneaked in and out) was just that ... a visit back. (in my mind, she probably made many mini trips in and out of Korea during her stint abroad).

And that in those 3 years - their lives went on WITHOUT contact or communication. Although they kept very close track of each other's progress via their seperate laptops on the internet (so sweet!), and SY-MJ each developed seperately during this time.

Bec ultimately that's really what Shin Young wanted for Min Jae when she went ahead with the job posting decision, and made that heartbreaking clear cut to their relationship.

In the meantime, she did attend his last Purple concert during one of her many back and forth trips to Korea ...when MJ sensed her presence.

Then after doing her 3 yrs, SY came back for good (and that's when MJ send her the "you .. are the woman I still love" on her laptop) ==> and this time is again at another concert.

But after 3 yrs ----- SY's openly there this time ... their sweet reunion with confetti kiss, complete with his public acknowledgement to all his fans - look! here she is - this is my woman! :wub: :wub:

Also, if you compare the no-contact 2 yr break SY had with SW and their end result; and

This other (3 yr) seperation with Min Jae ==== parallels can be drawn, yet the depth of emotion for SY in both cases is so apparent.

And because thinking all this ( 3 yrs) also makes everything at the end - their beautiful reunion with the kiss (and his msg) at the end that much more meaningful ( to me).

(How exciting is it to welcome and still be madly in love with each other after a mere 9 mth seperation? That's really nothing at all as a test of love, trust, temptation and endurance)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@purpleZ & ilwoo_aien: Thank you so much for the pics. The girls look gorgeous. I love how understated they are in makeup and dressing and yet they're still fabulous looking. One gripe from this deeply biased and slightly delusional fangirl, why is Bummie not sitting near his "Shin Young"?!?

MUCH THANKS from me too! Food for the soul! :D

Very timely, bec I feel sooooo deprived that this wk that we have NO more eppies of this drama to look forward to. :huh::(

ARrggghh! And since Personal Taste does NOT start until Mar 31 - what are they slotting in for the meantime anyways? <_<

Still think it's unfair Wish Upon A Star can go onto 20 eppies, and we can't get at least 18 episodes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's nice to think there is a Ha Min Jae and his Lee Shin Young existing merrily together somewhere in the universe out there. I would like to imagine that - our favorite couple. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Even more magical of course would be the news of a Kim Bum + Park Jin Hee dating scenario actually happening in real life. WHOA! Perfecto. :wub: :wub: :wub:

(ala Song Hae Gyo with her two co-stars - Lee Byung Heun back then in All In .... and currently with Hyun Bin after their amazing chemistry in Worlds Within)

Regardless. Kim Bum, when he moves onto another project ... I would be just as supportive and curious to see how he grows as an actor, esp now that I know what he is capable of (after SMM).

And Park Jin Hee is currently involved in two other projects (which were already concurrently happening at the same time she was filming SMM). I will be looking forward to seeing her again, as I always have been - of her previous stuff.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we've been going over timelines a lot, I sort of think this was just her visit back to Seoul and not after her 3 yrs. Did we talk about that? Did I miss that? I probably did because I had some crazy work thing about a week ago and missed a ton of great posts only to pop in every once in a while.

This is one of my pet peeve in Kdrama. The timeline always depends on how many episode the drama will be seen. I was watching the last episode and there is no true timeline that you can figure out. From what I can figure out, SY was waiting for the approval before going on her assignment. After she got her assignment MJ had mentioned that he would like her to come see him when they do a special concert (don't remember that song). She did show up and went to see him at the concert. You can see her in the audiance and he sense her appearance but can't see her because of the crowd/light. Then the next time you saw her she was filming an article from Finland. Then she was sent to Copenhagen. The next time you saw her again she was back from her assignment. The original assignment was for 2 to 3 years. Again the next time you saw DJ was having a baby. So a baby is usually 9 months so I am thinking she was gone less than 9 months but flying back to Korean whenever she can.

The whole truth was she never forgot MJ. She just wanted a clean separation but that never happend. Also MJ told her to leave but he will wait for her. I am just glad both of them got back at the end. :rolleyes:

Guest purpleZ

@dreamgazer, kelela

I for one, personally prefer to think that one scene of Da Jung giving birth had NOTHING time-wise, in chronological relation and sequence to the whole collage of happenings and events they showed.

That the one last concert (when SY sneaked in) was just that ... (in my mind, she probably made many mini trips in and out of Korea during her stint abroad).

I also think that SY just comes to Korea whenever she's free, even just for a few days, like what she said to BK and DJ at the airport. She's also still doing some jobs at UBN. So a correspondent seems to come back and forth. She didn't want to keep thinking about MJ and how he's doing, so that's why she wanted to break up. But she failed.

It's nice to think there is a Ha Min Jae and his Lee Shin Young existing merrily together somewhere in the universe out there. I would like to imagine that - our favorite couple. :wub: :wub: :wub:

After rewatching episode 16, I think the ending is just perfect. It's a happy ending, in the same time it's open. You can imagine what MJ-SY out there are doing and will be doing. Our ultimate cute happy couple!

Even more magical of course would be the news of a Kim Bum + Park Jin Hee dating scenario actually happening in real life. WHOA! Perfecto. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Yoohooo! I would faint if it's really happening! :D

But Kim Bum, when he moves onto another project ... I would be just as supportive and curious to see how he grows as an actor, eps now that I know what he's capable of (after SMM).

And Park Jin Hee is currently involved in two other projects (which were already concurrently happening at the same time she was filming SMM). I will be looking forward to seeing her again, as I always have been - of her previous stuff.

I'm kinda into Bummie right now. PJH has always been my favorite already. I really never thought that I'd be so crazy about him after this show. Even during the show already. I'd like to see how he moves further in the future. And yes, PJH is doing 2 movies at the same time she was filming SMM. That woman is workaholic! Just awesome!

This is one of my pet peeve in Kdrama. The timeline always depends on how many episode the drama will be seen. I was watching the last episode and there is no true timeline that you can figure out. From what I can figure out, SY was waiting for the approval before going on her assignment. After she got her assignment MJ had mentioned that he would like her to come see him when they do a special concert (don't remember that song). She did show up and went to see him at the concert. You can see her in the audiance and he sense her appearance but can't see her because of the crowd/light. Then the next time you saw her she was filming an article from Finland. Then she was sent to Copenhagen. The next time you saw her again she was back from her assignment. The original assignment was for 2 to 3 years. Again the next time you saw DJ was having a baby. So a baby is usually 9 months so I am thinking she was gone less than 9 months but flying back to Korean whenever she can.

The whole truth was she never forgot MJ. She just wanted a clean separation but that never happend. Also MJ told her to leave but he will wait for her. I am just glad both of them got back at the end. :rolleyes:

I think she already got the assignment and left to Stockholm. Then we saw her boarding on a plane to Copenhagen and there she saw the interview with MJ on her laptop. MJ was having a fifteen day concert. She went back to Korea (in my opinion, it's either during her break or she had to go back to UBN to do some tasks). She went to MJ's concert and left. He could sense her. So he went to UBN and typed that text "you're still the woman I love!" and cut off her laptop cable. Then they reunited (not sure after how long, I think after about 9 months or so since DJ was delivering her baby). Then at the ending scene at MJ's concert, she went there too, this time MJ knew.

Whether or not she went back to Sweden or not, is left unanswered. Whether or not she was done with her corespondent job and was back for good was also unanswered. Because there wasn't any specific time line being told. DJ's pregnancy could be shown randomly within that time line.

For me I'd like to think, she was done with it and back for good! :) It's one way kind of an open happy ending. She shouldn't be able to leave MJ anymore because she realized she couldn't live without him. MJ has been in her mind 24/7.

@purpleZ & ilwoo_aien: Thank you so much for the pics. The girls look gorgeous. I love how understated they are in makeup and dressing and yet they're still fabulous looking. One gripe from this deeply biased and slightly delusional fangirl, why is Bummie not sitting near his "Shin Young"?!? <_<

I also had the same reaction: why is Bummie not sitting next to PJH?! I hope I'll find more pics. This new virus of KB-PJH syndrome is killing me!

Guest JEYEF

Its been a week, but still I'm not in a stage where I felt that this drama is finished.

Since I haven't watched episodes 12-16 with subs, still waiting for the S2 subs.

I'm happy with the ending though there are some loopholes and unresolved scenes in my mind.

All in all its a must watched drama for this year, for all those who didn't watched this. Screw them!

And for all those fangirling PJH bashers.

A big :P! The ending was Smack That.... IN YOUR FACE!

PJH proved to all of them that she is not a flirt taking advantage ahjumma to the Manchild KB!

As we all watched the ending kiss, I cant say anything more you can judge how she delivered that scene.

:angry: Normally tonight I would be watching all the previews in anticipation for tomorrow's drama. Guess what? There isn't any!!! :angry: So, I am sitting in front of my PC just wishing for anything. I know I will have to as my husband keep telling "get over it" but it is hard. How is everyone doing?

Guest kelela

Oh that crazy timeline!

I'm going to finish up my mini marathon this weekend. I'll be back in and out. More stuff to cover over the weekend I think.

Guest purpleZ

And for all those fangirling PJH bashers.

A big :P! The ending was Smack That.... IN YOUR FACE!

EXACTLY! That's what I thought :P

:angry: Normally tonight I would be watching all the previews in anticipation for tomorrow's drama. Guess what? There isn't any!!! :angry: So, I am sitting in front of my PC just wishing for anything. I know I will have to as my husband keep telling "get over it" but it is hard. How is everyone doing?

I feel very empty too, kaciemom. I have pictures of SY-MJ, Bummie in my MP3 player. So I can keep looking at them. I listen to the OST like everyday :D I MISS them both SOOOO MUCH! I just wish there are some BTS clips and photos come popping up to feed my hunger.

Oh that crazy timeline!

I'm going to finish up my mini marathon this weekend. I'll be back in and out. More stuff to cover over the weekend I think.

I'll be waiting for you, kelela! :D

==============================

Now I'm off to work! Will be back to catch up with you guys again! :D

Guest dreamgazer1985

Wahh....it's getting near Wednesday morning and I will not be doing my jerky dance of " omg. I'm late but OMG! I must watch the raw NOW!" which quickly follow by spastic fangirling movements!

I want my drama back!! *sob!*

I'm looking forward to seeing Jinhee in her two upcoming movies. I have yet to see any pics of her in the war movie with TOP and Cha Seung Won despite some stills beings released from that already. And isn't she playing TOP's love interest in this movie? Is our girl a "dongsaeng killer" or what? hurhur

Guest JEYEF

I'm looking forward to seeing Jinhee in her two upcoming movies. I have yet to see any pics of her in the war movie with TOP and Cha Seung Won despite some stills beings released from that already. And isn't she playing TOP's love interest in this movie? Is our girl a "dongsaeng killer" or what? hurhur

Yep have't seen any pics of her for the the movie "Into the Gunfire".

It maybe because she is not the lead there, but the movie "The Mothers" has some awesome pics and posters. (imagine PJH carrying a baby :P )

I heard that "into the Gunfire" at this early stage of shooting got the invitation to join the prestigious Berlin Festival and Germany and Japan will buy the movie.

Guest Hanjae

I just finished editing the subs for the final episode and wow, watching it with subs really makes the episode look far more laid back and... resolved? than I had thought when I zipped through it raw. The last moments of the episode really are lovely, and it makes you feel like the characters are still moving on with their lives and are feeling truly fulfilled.

Aaand yes, it's highly probable that Shin Young popped back to Korea at least once or twice, because she talks about having a couple of days of vacation and she had already planned to go back and visit Da Jung and Bu Gi (or have them visit her in Finland). Her first appearance at Min Jae's concert is probably during one of those brief holidays. The second time she turns up at his concert is after a whole lot of fuss where her colleagues welcome her home, and you can see that she has a desk with her name plate at the beginning of the scene where she talks to Director Bu. As jusash suggests, I don't think the Da Jung scene is in chronological order.

But even if we're wrong and the reunion of Shin Young and Min Jae only happens after a 9-month period, they've made up and are clearly inseparable, so I doubt the remaining years of her job as a special correspondent would affect their relationship. They're both mature people whose feelings aren't so easily changed... so if they didn't even bat an eyelid after 1 year apart, how hard could 3 years be? :D

Guest kelela

FYI, I bought the big black bag (the one SY also had in purple). It's at BlueFly.com. Just search for Piper. It's under $100.

Guest dreamgazer1985

As CNBlue sings in their song "I'm a loner" - I am" sad sad tonight!"- b/c there's no more of this awesome drama to make me want to go to sleep early so morning will come quicker for raw streaming. *sigh*

So I want to discuss another aspect of this drama that I really like which is the relationship between BanSeok and MinJae. I find them utterly adorable together in their "bromance".

I adore them from the moment when BS stuck a needle in MJ's (who's a complete wuss when it comes to needle it seems) foot, and MJ reacted by hitting BS:

still200049.jpg

And it's pretty amusing how BS tend to loiter at MJ's place to share his love trouble.In this scene, MJ got totally ignored in his attempt to have BS listen to music b/c BS was too hung up on ShinYoung ---

still300188.jpg

The juxtaposition of their reactions to BS's reveal of who the mysterious girl is --

still300192.jpg

still300193.jpg

---I especially love MinJae's expression here. It was such a face of "EH? Are you kidding me?"...Then you totally ate your words, didn't cha boy? Look who fail heavily for her, eh? :P

It made me looly when MJ became like the stalker for BS's sake and this scene of them perusing his stalking efforts made me so amused--

ep4x.jpg

Finally this is my favorite scene of them when BS was telling MJ how he had given SY a box of chocolate and MJ was like "the heck? Why are you so foolish, hyung?" And BS got all butthurt how women nowadays are too materialistic and complicated and thus he giving them up. To which MJ retorted with " What? Are you just gonna stay single and spend the rest of your life torturing me?"

ep41.jpg

Ahh..good times, man. Good times.

All caps credited to Dramabeans.

Guest tiffany

Nice to see one of my old friend on this thread. 'Waves' to Jusash.

One of the few dramas that I managed to watch. At the risk of having rotten tomatoes thrown at me...I thought the drama could have been much better. The cast was great..all good actors. And I didn't find the age disparity between Park Jin Hee and Kim Beom too obvious. In fact, I thought Park Jin Hee was great.

But, the whole drama seems to be lacking in something...the storyline or the character development...or too many stories? I can't quite put my finger to it...especially when compared to other dramas of the same genre- younger-man/ older woman.

Still, I think the ratings don't do enough justice to it. I guess everyone was distracted by Chuno?

And on side note- I personally find the story between Sang Mi and Sang Woo very endearing and interesting though I know the focus should have been on Min Jae and Shin Young. :P

Review on my blog.

As a last note, I know many of you think candle scene was really sweet, but I personally like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM0WTh8VgBk. And the song being played in the background was just perfect.

I made a clip for our favorite couple MinYoung / Shinjae. I'm planning to make more, hope I'll have the time :D

Hope you like it!

The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry MV - Confession by Kim Bum (Part 1)

Thank you PurpleZ - you really lighten my day today!!! After a couple of days of walking around saying "now what", this really put a smile :D on my face. And no I will not show this to my husband, he only will laugh at me - yes husband do because a bad guy after they are happily married for a couple of years.

Again thank you and can't wait for more - Bummie yum!!!

Guest purpleZ

^^ Thanks, kelela & kaciemom! :D Now we have no new episode to look forward to every Wednesday and Thursday, I'm glad that I can cheer you up with this clip. I can't get over them and I can't withdraw!

I'm going to continue with the eyes talk.

=============================

EYES EXPRESSION part 10

SY bumped into MJ in the station and they walked pass by each other. Then we have flashback of the continuation of the last scene from episode 15, after SY said let's break up. You see that MJ is the only one who seemed to be broken into pieces, while SY is very cool. You see her cry but she held it down and try to get over it. I think this is where age difference comes in. MJ is young, although he's mature, he's still unbalanced and vulnerable. Whilst for SY, she went through it and tried hard not to fall apart again so hard. She's deeply hurt inside (where you can see it in her eyes), but she's also trying to protect MJ by not letting him see she's hurt.)

MJ: "Is this all you can do? Do you know the reason why I liked you in the first place?!"

SY: "Don't make me waver and don't mess with me"

MJ: "So all this while, I just made you waver and messed with you?"

eyes44.jpg

MJ: "When you were my age, have you loved someone so madly? Just because I'm 24, doesn't mean I could just love anyone."

eyes51.jpg

MJ: "Noona, you too take good care of yourself".

The sudden change of MJ's speech to formal towards SY gave great impact to this little scene. It could actually make you break down!

eyes47.jpg

This motorbike scene is very emotional. SY's voiceover: "You're the one that I loved the most in this world".

eyes50.jpg

SY boarded off the plane and rushed to the hospital after she got text msg from her colleague about MJ's accident.

eyes46.jpg

After being separated for some time, MJ was looking at SY's news report from Stockholm. When he found out that SY visited him at the hospital that time and stayed for a while, gave MJ hope again. Look at the empty and broken look in his eyes in the first cap and the relieve he showed in them in the second cap.

eyes49.jpg

SY saw MJ's interview. Notice her sudden change in her eyes. She was looking hollowly, then when she heard MJ's name mentioned, she almost jumped up of her chair and her eyes were sparkling again.

eyes48.jpg

MJ sensed SY's presence at his concert. His eyes were looking for her with no results.

eyes45.jpg

SY's not that strong after all. She melted when she saw that text "You are still the woman that I love!". She ran looking for MJ and surrendered to her true feelings and emotions.

MJ: "Why did you just leave that night?"

SY:"Did you see me?"

MJ: "I could feel you came"

eyes42.jpg

At last! Only MJ knows how to melt a woman's heart with his scenarios and serious playful attempts. Playfully honest. That's the MJ we've been introduced to throughout the show and he'll remain the ultimate dream man in my mind.

MJ: "The woman who cut my guitar then is here today. The one who's going to get showerd is the woman in question."

Tell me, wouldn't your heart flutters really hard that everyone can hear if there's a man who wrote you a song and sings it to let the whole world knows??

eyes41.jpg

After I watched the video from @PurpleZ , I was wondering in what episode did MJ really give out that confession - "I really like you alot" or something like that. Since there isn't any drama I really want to watch right now, I have started rewatching this from the beginning. I just finished episode one and guess what, by rewatching it I have a new perpective of this drama. I can really enjoy it without hurrily reading the subtitle.

OMG, I am also loving the Eyes Expression Part 9 - cannot wait for more to come. :)

Guest rui-is-assez-hot

coffeeprincesunflower.jpg

I don't know if someone's already posted this, but I found the sunflower painting from Coffee Prince in Still, Marry Me!

Both are great dramas!

Archived