[Drama 2010] Still, Marry Me / The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry 아직도 결혼하고 싶은 여ì

Guest purpleZ

Seeing all the posts after the final episode made me very happy because there are so many people that enjoyed and appreciated SMM. :) I know that it wasn't perfect and all of us have a list of things that we wish were done better, but it was special.

SMM was the first drama in a long, long time that warmed my heart because:

1. It showed genuine and warm relationships between people. Not just lovers or parents and kids, but also best friends and colleagues at work. I especially liked the friendship between SY, DJ and BK because there aren't many kdramas that show women as honest and true friends instead of backstabbing harpies that fight to death to win the affection of their prince charming. And

2. KB and PJH had an amazing chemistry. To be honest, I think that the things, SY and MJ said and did, would not the so believable if other actors played them. They look so good together that if tomorrow one of them comes out and says they are dating for real I would believe it and support them.

I really enjoyed watching and discussing SMM with everybody here. :) And I also want to thank all those kind souls that provided dl links, pictures and translations. :D My experience wouldn't be so special without you. Thank you!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like some of you ([color="#800080"]purpleZ and 1crazynyt come to mind :lol: ) ... i am still trapped in the magical world of SMMarry, and might still be spamming here for a while bec it's so hard to get out. :huh:

i am also NOT ready to let go yet .... and try get back to leading a more productive life outside of rewatches and camping here on this thread. maybe it would also help if I STOP surrounding myself (computer, car, phone) with favorite SMM-OSTs too. :P:rolleyes:

nell123 and Meoxinh:

totally nodding along to what you both wrote!!

and Meoxinh - you hit the nail right on the head for me.

Kim Bum is really "persuasive". Those eye expressions, the way he mapped out the Min Jae role (hullo, he persuaded SY too with all his cheekiness, audacity, witty justifications and teasing charm - why not us? :P ) here.

from BOF -> SMM .... Kim Bum's acting has really reached another new level.

I myself really like Kim Bum 's Ha Min Jae. In Still marry me his Ha Min Jae grows in me as a man. Not like in his other projects his characters to me are always boys.

suffice to say .. in all my 7 or so yrs of watching Kdrama, this is probablu the first time i have come anywhere near to 'fan-girling' a 20 yr old! :wub: :blush: :rolleyes::ph34r:

having seen Kim Bum last in BOF (and not been impressed by any of the F4 crowd much, nor in love with BOF in general - SORRY, NO OFFENCE intended to any BOF fans here - just personal preference) ....

i actually thought: OMG, how can they cast that boy in here? and with Park Jin Hee? they're so not going to be able to pull it off! <_<

even though the plot premise seemed interesting (though NOT unusual. so many other dramas out there now have older woman-younger men --- seems to be a growing drama trend).

for eg ... the next drama coming along => Soh Ye Jin + Lee Min Ho - not sure if they're going to make it older woman, younger man too .. or keep it same age in the drama. bec in real life, SYJ is also a sunbae-noona to Lee Min Ho's 22(?)

Does Kim Bum prefer girls who are older than him? It seems that he doesn't use the word "noona" to older actress. Son Dambi mentioned that he always called her Dambi ssi in an interview before. And he doesn't call Park Jinhee noona here, either. Don't tell me younger man - older woman couple becomes a trend now in Korea? =)

was reading an article on him - KB seems mature enough in real life.

he's hangs around older sun-baes (so gets influenced by them thought-wise), is work focused, and doesn't seem to have much interest in girls or romance for the moment bec he's too gainfully occupied in work-related stuff currently.

wise dude.

he has a 'work hyung' he consults with quite a bit ... on this and that.

bec he started working early - his companions are mostly older sunbaes so he remarked that he's actually LESS comfortable with peers his age, and more at home with the older crowd bec he's used to hanging around older people. he is friends with female classmates his age --- people like Park Shin Hye (You Are Beautiful) and the much fantasized pairing - Ga Eul .. Kim So Eun (BOF).

even co-star Park Jin Hee had this to say abut Kim Bum ...

she remarked he's 'deeper' than she was at 22. she said she didn't have his type of perspectives/thoughts on issues when she was his age.

================

interesting to note.

honestly though ... in a fantasy world where we Min-Young supporters wouldn't bat an eyelash at all if one day Kim Bum and Park Jin Hee announced they were really going out for real (YES! :wub: ) .... i really doubt the very focused Park Jin Hee would go for it (have you read all her career achievements?).

Korean society being Korean society afterall.

and also ... in real life Ha Min Jae would actually be 'less marriageable' a prospect bec he comes from a divorce-family. less than conventional is just more stigmatising - ditto orphans right? (we have seen enough of those scenarios)

having said this ... i also find this drama 'avante garde' forward-looking.

bec it dares to push boundaries and issues (a more conservative) Korean audience isn't used to:

for eg:

1) straightaway the SW-SM-SY-MJ connection comes to mind. if some of us are already going errrrr wtf ... and ewwww at the convoluted carnal implications ... can you imagine a more-traditional Korean audience? ;)

2) i doubt Bu Ki is your typical Korean contemporary woman. how many Korean ajjumas would remotely dare embrace what she does? even if she is our epitome heroine of a modern day woman, for so many of us watching.

i know quite a few Korean women in real life .... and even for the 'more forward, more modern city ones' from Seoul and the ones educated in NAmerica ... it seems to me family and society (other Korean community) still play a strong significant role in influencing many of their decisions.

yet here, Bu Ki is portrayed as the coolest one among the three, and most of us look up to a Bu Ki who knows exactly what she wants, and has the most easy-going open-minded life perspectives of the three, that makes her life and thoughts so zen-simple and cool.

3) the big age difference. 10 yrs is quite a significant gap.

but since both our protagonists ( MJ and SY) are in many way non-conforming 'rebels' in their own right ....and both equally energetic and young (ie they are NOT ensnared in a 'this is my age' trap like so many dated people needing mental and wardrobe makeovers are) in their lifestyle outlook ... so it works out really well.

these two click on the same cool level. i can see how MJ-SY can find middle ground, despite the age difference.

(it was harder actually for me for me to visualise Dal-Ja and Kang Tae Bong together. bec one was so laidback casual, and the other so Chanel-vamp. Dalja came across as more into flightly, conventional materialism, and was not particularly strong in character. paired against the intelligent, younger Tae Bong - the younger but wiser, laidback 'been there done there, and it's not for me', 'i don't give a damn for convention' grungy jeans type guy). let's just say the combination doesn't gel all that well.

Tae Bong did go on to satisfy Dal-Ja's need for convention and societal conformity ... by returning to law (how much more prestigious, by societal norms and expectations).

ditto how they handled it in My Queen (Tdrama).

Ethan Ruan's Lucas went back to med school - to make him the future doctor seem more compatiable to his already established top-journalist older gf).

Somehow (I don't see Shin Young needing Min Jae to do this ... she's completely cool with who he is.

Outlook wise, the MJ-SY couple just click better for me.

they play on different dynamics between Shin Young and Min Jae here ... and as a result, I like it this couple whole lot better.

mentally they both click ---- which IS very important to me.

outlook wise - they click,

dressing wise - they're both pretty edgy.

i really like how they both take turns to lead in different situations. or negotiate and communicate ... it's all complementary.

===============================

purpleZ ... i have more to say, will be back to comment on why ep 13 and 14 still doesn't work (for me).

it's NOT the 'playing house' part that bothers me ... it's UNnatural how they diffused and deleted the growing sexual tension and awareness - that's the part that is NOT realistic.

have to run now --- i am late!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Guest dreamgazer1985

I guess Kim Bum really doesn't call older women noona (still remember the scene after his performance aired on TV when he was waiting for SY's text msg and his friends were asking if he was waiting for that reporter noona's text. He said he doesn't adress any women noona). But Son Dam bi is just what, 4 or 5 years older than him. Park Jin hee is 11 years older than him, so it's kinda cute that he calls her Park Jin hee ssi :) (wishful thinking)

I guess the boy is just a playa like that. hurhur

I actually like all the 4 kisses we got in this drama. Ok fine, besides the 12th ep. one but I'm gonna ignore what was in the drama and just go for the cut one instead.

The first kiss in 11 was natural and playful just like their relationship. The 2nd kiss was a little bit more intense which was a reflection of their progression as a couple especially since it was preceded by Shin Young's proposal of having him to her place. The 3rd kiss ie. the rug one was just great in showing the intimacy and complete satisfaction the two of them have in each other's company. And who can't like Min Jae's smooth wrestling move? hurhur

Then we have the 4th one which was so satisfying in their close up. I actually thought Jinhee wasn't that shy or stiff with the kiss. She moves in softly and position her lips against his in a way that allow for his movement and I'm pretty sure she also responds very subtly to it. I like how this kiss was very soft and yet at the same time, possessive. And ok, perhaps I have too much time on my hand and a wee bit too much obsession with this drama =D.

@jusash: Like you I didn't enjoy 14 very much. It just felt so platonic except for the rug wrestling scene one. However, I like 13 b/c that was an essential ep. since that's the time when everything comes out, onto the table for these couples to deal with. And Kim Bum impressed me so much with his acting when he stepped out of the cafe and just on the point of hyperventilation b/c omg! what a revelation! I felt sooo bad for the dude.

Hi, Meoxinh,

I have a strong withdrawal syndrome too. I can't believe it's over! I can't believe that KB and PJH not working together anyomore, not seeing each other on the set anymore :( I wish they'd release some closing ceremony pics or some sort, or ending party. I wanna see some BTS and specials!

I guess Kim Bum really doesn't call older women noona (still remember the scene after his performance aired on TV when he was waiting for SY's text msg and his friends were asking if he was waiting for that reporter noona's text. He said he doesn't adress any women noona). But Son Dam bi is just what, 4 or 5 years older than him. Park Jin hee is 11 years older than him, so it's kinda cute that he calls her Park Jin hee ssi :) (wishful thinking)

=================

I won't be leaving this thread just yet. Hopefully I will see you guys back again!

Sharing an animation I made of the last kissing scene :D

anim1u.gif

Whew, this was one rough day trying to re-watch ep 16 - I too am going through a very hard time not re-watching that "kiss". I have to say this again - that's my boy!! :rolleyes: I think if you watch it slowly @PurpleZ animation slowly, you will see at the beginning both SY/MJ opening their mouth (this is really hard for me to write - I am feeling like a stalker at watching kisses). After 2 seconds MJ open his mouth again to really enjoy that moment with SY. I think as I remember from BOF, the Korean censor really went after the PD when Min-ho really gave a mouth and tongue kiss to the girl when he was trying to show his Mom who he really loves on the road. I am thinking (so don't hate me all) but the PD wanted to make sure this is under the radar on the kiss - that's why there are the confetti dropping. I don't give a heck, I still love this kiss.

I am also thinking Kim Bum is only 20 but he is really maturing into a really handsome man.

l

purpleZ ... i have more to say, will be back to comment on why ep 13 and 14 still doesn't work (for me).

it's NOT the 'playing house' part that bothers me ... it's UNnatural how they diffused and deleted the growing sexual tension and awareness - that's the part that is NOT realistic.

have to run now --- i am late!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This. Sooooooooooo true. *nods*

If you put aside age, money, families, friends and such, all you have is two people that are very much attracted to each other. Sure, they make eye sex look good but I think it's unrealistic that we got to see only a couple of cute kisses. I know it's a kdrama, but I've seen kdramas show more.

Guest purpleZ

YAY guys, we're back to discussions! So happy to see you guys back!

like some of you ([color="#800080"]purpleZ and 1crazynyt come to mind :lol: ) ... i am still trapped in the magical world of SMMarry, and might still be spamming here for a while bec it's so hard to get out.

bec he started working early - his companions are mostly older sunbaes so he remarked that he's actually LESS comfortable with peers his age, and more at home with the older crowd bec he's used to hanging around older people. he is friends with female classmates his age --- people like Park Shin Hye (You Are Beautiful) and the much fantasized pairing - Ga Eul .. Kim So Eun (BOF).

even Park Jin Hee had this to say abut Kim Bum ... she remarked he's 'deeper' than she was at 22. she said she didn't have his type of perspectives/thoughts on issues when she was his age.

I'm sorry to say. Even they're (refering to Bummie and So eun) (close classmate, you say?) classmates, I saw them so awkward around each other, in BOF. Soeun was also saying that because of the rumors of them dating, they got very awkward towards each other. I have nothing against Soeun as an actress herself. The fact that her fans (particularly KB-KSE fans) bashing other actresses other than their fave Soeun kinda makes me mad, not at her, but at the fans. If you've been to Bumsso website before, you'll know what I mean. They practically bashing PJH like eeww, she's old, chubby, etc. She's got the curviest, most perfect S line I've ever seen. I think the real kiss Bummie did with PJH should be their worst nightmare now.

interesting to note.

honestly though ... in a fantasy world where we Min-Young supporters wouldn't bat an eyelash at all if one day Kim Bum and Park Jin Hee announced they were really going out for real (YES! :wub: ) .... i really doubt the very focused Park Jin Hee would go for it (have you read all her career achievements?). Korean society being Korean society afterall.

Kkaw! I'll be the first to go to Korea to attend their wedding! How I wish...

it's UNnatural how they diffused and deleted the growing sexual tension and awareness - that's the part that is NOT realistic.

jusash, how are you able to hit the nail like that?? That's just right! As I said before, that I got lost with the eye sex they'd been feeding us, in this episode and episode 14 (except, like everybody else said, the rug kiss). I wrote before, that I thought after SY's invitation to her place, after that serious 100 mega watt eye sex they had, there was going to be a serious make out, at least a hot kiss in bed. But then it was totally gone. It was like a total new episode, standing alone. Sure, there was the revelation. But SY found out first, MJ still didn't know. But when he was at her place, he was just like a guest visiting his friend. Sitting and talking and got off again after his mom called, without any continuation eye sex. That was really out of place.

I actually like all the 4 kisses we got in this drama. Ok fine, besides the 12th ep. one but I'm gonna ignore what was in the drama and just go for the cut one instead.

The first kiss in 11 was natural and playful just like their relationship. The 2nd kiss was a little bit more intense which was a reflection of their progression as a couple especially since it was preceded by Shin Young's proposal of having him to her place. The 3rd kiss ie. the rug one was just great in showing the intimacy and complete satisfaction the two of them have in each other's company. And who can't like Min Jae's smooth wrestling move? hurhur

Then we have the 4th one which was so satisfying in their close up. I actually thought Jinhee wasn't that shy or stiff with the kiss. She moves in softly and position her lips against his in a way that allow for his movement and I'm pretty sure she also responds very subtly to it. I like how this kiss was very soft and yet at the same time, possessive. And ok, perhaps I have too much time on my hand and a wee bit too much obsession with this drama =D.

PJH did move her lips a bit, but KB was doing all the action :D If you've seen some other female actresses (like Kim Sun-ah, Yoon Eun-hye), they're more daring in kiss scenes. It's like they're taking the advantage of kissing hot guys :D It could be that she's careful with it (considering Bummie's fangirls), or it's the PD's direction. BUT I'm so glad that they didn't really take outside comments too seriously! They didn't hold back the last kiss at all. It was as though Bummie was protesting against all the comments and let himself loose and throw a grand kiss he'd never done before :D

I think if you watch it slowly @PurpleZ animation slowly, you will see at the beginning both SY/MJ opening their mouth (this is really hard for me to write - I am feeling like a stalker at watching kisses). After 2 seconds MJ open his mouth again to really enjoy that moment with SY. I think as I remember from BOF, the Korean censor really went after the PD when Min-ho really gave a mouth and tongue kiss to the girl when he was trying to show his Mom who he really loves on the road. I am thinking (so don't hate me all) but the PD wanted to make sure this is under the radar on the kiss - that's why there are the confetti dropping. I don't give a heck, I still love this kiss.

I am also thinking Kim Bum is only 20 but he is really maturing into a really handsome man.

Lol! No need to feel ashamed. Me too have been observing the kiss ;) I think many others too. I don't remember BOF's kiss (was there even tongue kissing between LMH and GHS??). I just watched BOF because of the hype. I started to watch just a couple of months ago. I wasn't fangirling anyone, not even Bummie. As I said before, I thought his acting was really stiff. It was just fun, but lack of development.

Yes, I also never thought that I'd like Bummie this much.

Guest bry4ntt

not sure if this has been asked before, but does anyone have the OST tracklist in english? or maybe someone who can read korean can translate the full tracklist please? thanks ^^

Guest dreamgazer1985

not sure if this has been asked before, but does anyone have the OST tracklist in english? or maybe someone who can read korean can translate the full tracklist please? thanks ^^

These are what I was able to gather from the first page of this thread plus what Dramabeans posted at her site. There are still some holes that need to be plugged, but I hope this is somewhat helpful.

1.GaYoon (4Minute) & Han Ye Jin ~ One Two Three

2.Kim Bum ~ Confession

3.?

4.Star ~ Beautiful Girl

5.Kim Bum ~ The woman who cut my guitar string

6.? ~ These Thoughts

7.Nolto Band ~ Love is

8.Morning Star Lily ~ Tears become stars

9.?

10.?

11.Instrumental ~ Do not look back

12.Instrumental ~ ?

13.Instrumental ~ I need mojo

14.Instrumental ~ Have a smile

15.Instrumental ~ Straight no looser

16.Instrumental ~ ?

Guest Hanjae

Adding to what dreamgazer1985 posted, here's what I can remember off the top of my head:

6. Cha Eun Joo - These Thoughts

10. Lovely - Today's Weather

16. Instrumental - Reality

I can't remember what Tracks 3, 9 and 12 were, so hopefully someone else can help you with those :D

Guest kelela

So I started "fast" watching all the episodes and it is a pretty amazing progression from the beginning to the end. Esp. with the women. I found that BuKi is the only one that never really changed. Probably because she didn't NEED to. What an awesome character.

Guest sp4078

Bravo !!!! In real life, with the position they were in and with a little luck, they would have a bun the in oven already.

Gotta say the first 2/3 of the series was good. KB and PJH really shined the most, yet the PD took the spotlight away from them due to whatever reason (age-gap, KB's fangirl). The hell with that.

I'm little disappointed with the ending though.

Does Kim Bum prefer girls who are older than him? It seems that he doesn't use the word "noona" to older actress. Son Dambi mentioned that he always called her Dambi ssi in an interview before. And he doesn't call Park Jinhee noona here, either. Don't tell me younger man - older woman couple becomes a trend now in Korea? =)

I just want to comment about this I watched and read interviews during BOF days I heard KB addressed Goo Hye Sun as “noona” a lot. About Dambi I think she and GHS are about the same age so I don’t see the logic why he didn’t address Dambi as “noona” unlike GHS and most especilly PJH is way older than Dambi and GHS so again why?. About the younger man- older couple trend now in Korea I guess is the latest thread in Korea coz there a lot couples who came out.

like some of you ([color="#800080"]purpleZ and 1crazynyt come to mind :lol: ) ... i am still trapped in the magical world of SMMarry, and might still be spamming here for a while bec it's so hard to get out. :huh:

I was reading an article on him - KB seems mature enough in real life.

even co-star Park Jin Hee had this to say abut Kim Bum ...

she remarked he's 'deeper' than she was at 22. she said she didn't have his type of perspectives/thoughts on issues when she was his age.

About this they said KB is way to mature for his age the way he views life. According to the Interviews and articles that I’ve watched and read again during BOF days KB is the most mature among the F4 members noted he is the youngest.

It would be more realistic and nicer if they didn’t deleted the sexual tension bet MJ and SY.. hello!!! MJ is at the prime of his life, that stage of your life you would be more aggressive and very experimental same as SY admit it or not it’s a normal thing a couple does now a day especially they love each other.Thats why no matter how hard they tried to cover up we can still feel and see the sexual tension juz by looking at KB's eyes.

2. KB and PJH had an amazing chemistry. To be honest, I think that the things, SY and MJ said and did, would not the so believable if other actors played them. They look so good together that if tomorrow one of them comes out and says they are dating for real I would believe it and support them.

You took the words out from my mouth. I can’t imagine any actors would play the role of SY and MJ, believe me I wouldn’t be here spamming like I don’t have a life but this thread. About them dating I’m so looking forward. We can’t really tell after those hot and mouth watering kisses they shared. I will be their no.1 supporter who cares about the age gap, Screw the age gap.. Dreaming is free so Dream on........

YAY guys, we're back to discussions! So happy to see you guys back!

PJH did move her lips a bit, but KB was doing all the action :D If you've seen some other female actresses (like Kim Sun-ah, Yoon Eun-hye), they're more daring in kiss scenes. It's like they're taking the advantage of kissing hot guys :D It could be that she's careful with it (considering Bummie's fangirls), or it's the PD's direction. BUT I'm so glad that they didn't really take outside comments too seriously! They didn't hold back the last kiss at all. It was as though Bummie was protesting against all the comments and let himself loose and throw a grand kiss he'd never done before :D

Lol! No need to feel ashamed. Me too have been observing the kiss ;) I think many others too. Yes, I also never thought that I'd like Bummie this much.

I lost count how many times I watched the last scene, yeah agreed about KB did all the actions it seems to me that KB was the more experienced one when it comes to kissing and PJH was just a beginner did her first kissing scene on screen, she was kinda lost when KB did his moves for sometimes PJH was kinda having a hard time catching up with KB’s lips movements., he looked like he was so hungry over PJH’s lips it was like he couldn’t get enough of her .. I don’t know which one is lucky KB coz he got a chance to kiss PJH or PJH coz she kissed KB a lot it was KB first time having those kind of kisses on screen. I’m declaring to the world now that I have a crush on him.

And lastly, I’m not so ready to move on so I’ll be hanging around here spreading my love to my MINYOUNG couple, hope you can still join me here..

I'm sorry to say. Even they're (refering to Bummie and So eun) (close classmate, you say?) classmates, I saw them so awkward around each other, in BOF. Soeun was also saying that because of the rumors of them dating, they got very awkward towards each other. I have nothing against Soeun as an actress herself. The fact that her fans (particularly KB-KSE fans) bashing other actresses other than their fave Soeun kinda makes me mad, not at her, but at the fans. If you've been to Bumsso website before, you'll know what I mean. They practically bashing PJH like eeww, she's old, chubby, etc. She's got the curviest, most perfect S line I've ever seen. I think the real kiss Bummie did with PJH should be their worst nightmare now.

I guess you are right about the nightmare. :P Just let them be. The SOEUL is their fantasy couple. I might be feeling this way too if I am obsessed. This is what kdrama is all about. It will make you fall deep into their coupling and become depressed somehow. But, time will heal them. They will support Kim Bum and So Eun as individual. Trust me.

Guest purpleZ

EYES EXPRESSION part 9

(From episode 15)

Still not much eye sex to be found here, but it's intenser during the half of the episode. The first scene started off MJ taking SY to "elope". The tension in MJ's eyes is clearly seen in caps number 2, 4 and 5 of this set below. It's HIS way of protecting his woman.

eyes40.jpg

Here we get to see their flirty eyes again. In the station, when SY saw MJ getting cosy with that itchy Sena. SY acted cool. SY kept asking him when he moved out. MJ offered to have dinner at home together, since it'd be their last dinner at home together. It's like he's treating her for a candy :) He's so damn in charge!

eyes41.jpg

He's late for the dinner and bought her a cake to sort of compensate. She's angry and jealous of the fact that he's with Sena and co that night. In her imagination she was like, "you're having so much fun with Oh Sena that you're late, of course! It was fun, wasn't it!!?" SY went to her room and asked him to leave. Right then he walked into her room with a candle lit cake. After she refused to eat, MJ threw himself on her bed and held her and fell asleep after mumbling. Acckkk! That cheeky and smooth talker adult boy is back in action again. I love him SO much that he knows how to handle an angry woman and totally make her melt like that :D.In the morning, he said to her that she's pretty even without make up. SY was like squeeling. Then he continued on that he'll take responsibility since they slept together (re: MJ's version of spending the night together ;)) Pay attention to his eyes. How much eye sex is that?

eyes38.jpg

Spoiler: The moment of breakdown. Even the cheeky MJ couldn't handle the situation here. This time SY is in charge. What I love about this guy is, he knows when to listen to his woman and go according her wishes even he's falling apart. Just seeing these caps is enough to make you go teary. Bravo KB and PJH! Also note her eyes, when SY said "... let's stop seeing each other" in cap number 2 of this set.

eyes39.jpg

Guest purpleZ

01 One Two Three – 4Minute GaYoon & Han Ye Ji

02 고백 – Kim Bum (김범) / Go baek (Confession)

03 사랑을 열다 – Park Ji Heon (V.O.S) / Sarang-eul Yeolda

04 Beautiful Girl – Star (별)

05 내 기타줄 끊은 여자 - Kim Bum (김범) / Nae gita jool kkeunheun yeoja (The Woman Who Cut My Guitar String)

06 이런생각 – Cha Eun Joo (차은주) / Yireon saenggak (These Thoughts)

07 LOVE IS… – Nolto Band

08 눈물이 별되어 – Morningstar Lily / Noonmool-i byeol dwi eo (Tears Become Stars)

09 다가가도 되나요 – Kim Ye Seul (김예슬) / Daga gado dwi na yo (Can I Come Closer?)

10 오늘의 날씨 – Lovely (러블리) / Oneul-e nalssi (Today's Weather)

11 Do Not Look Back – Various Artists

12 꽃다운 서른넷 – Various Artists / Kkot dawoon seoreun nenn

13 I Need Mojo – Various Artists

14 Have A Smile – Various Artists

15 Straight No Looser – Various Artists

16 현실 – Various Artists / Hyeon shil (Reality)

Thanks for the caps purplez! I really love their eyes, they are very good conveying the feelings with their eyes. Just sad about the ratings though.

Yup, that's why we love them! You don't get to see many convincing eyes like theirs nowadays... I hope it will do well overseas. Dang Korea!

EYES EXPRESSION part 9

(From episode 15)

]

Thank you @purpleZ for all your "eyes sex" pictures. You know this really make my days. The love the two share with their eyes. You don't need to say anything but just look at their <_< eyes. I will mis this drama - please, please no version 2. Just leave this as it is - I am still on a high where I come to this forum every morning and see what is going on - sorry but I am going through a SMM withdrawal and it is take me awhile to get my life back. <_<

I've been waiting for 15-16 subs but today I couldn't stand and watched the last 2 eps. thank god! I almost understood all the conversation. and again thank god! they finally had a real kiss. well done kim bum!

I never believe the age gap rubbish so I really like the lead roles chemistry and I wish thay could be together in real life, too. but as far as I know, Korean people are really strict about that.

anyway, it was really good drama for me but I never got the reason that the ratings were low..

I guess the boy is just a playa like that.

@dreamgazer:

MJ had all the right player moves mapped out. r'ber the early (ep 2) advice he was giving Ban Seok (call, then do not call for 2 days etc etc ... keep them guessing and dangling on a string) ... and then guess who fell so hard he had to eat his own words? :P

MJ ended up the one was always the one contacting SY bec he was the one who got hit so hard first. and often SY was so busy and preoccupied with work anyways, she forgot all about him. :lol:

i like all the 4 kisses too - no complaints, not even with the cut ep12 one (where they chickened out fr the closeup).

my favorite i think is #1 ... bec to me, it's so in keeping with who MJ is - cheeky, yet serious at the same time.

the overall smoozy, smoochy mood at the pub, the way it mapped out ... the execution ... the way he teasingly tricked SY into the mouth-to-mouth from a mere cheek kiss was typically so MJ.

it all gelled so well === the mood, the ambience, the easy way the cheekiness all blended with a sexy execution (the smoochy-smoochy before and after the kiss).

it's as beautiful as their emotionally-charged yet subtly sarang hae in ep 10. another scene that was great execution from build up to how that scene tenderly ended.

actually if you count their ‘almost kiss’ at Bu Ki's restaurant ... why is having a face-on lip kiss such a big deal later?

<da kiss> would have happened already right on their first date, if Sang Mi had not interrupted them. <_<

(so maybe they suddenly remembered somewhere along the way: “OMG, we cannot do this afterall, Kim Bum is only 20!!” the Kim Bum -So Eun fan girls will bomb the station?!!! :rolleyes: )

dreamgazer:

@jusash: Like you I didn't enjoy 14 very much. It just felt so platonic except for the rug wrestling scene one. However, I like 13 b/c that was an essential ep. since that's the time when everything comes out, onto the table for these couples to deal with. And Kim Bum impressed me so much with his acting when he stepped out of the cafe and just on the point of hyperventilation b/c omg! what a revelation! I felt sooo bad for the dude.

jusash, how are you able to hit the nail like that?? That's just right! As I said before, that I got lost with the eye sex they'd been feeding us, in this episode and episode 14 (except, like everybody else said, the rug kiss). I wrote before, that I thought after SY's invitation to her place, after that serious 100 mega watt eye sex they had, there was going to be a serious make out, at least a hot kiss in bed. But then it was totally gone. It was like a total new episode, standing alone. Sure, there was the revelation. But SY found out first, MJ still didn't know. But when he was at her place, he was just like a guest visiting his friend. Sitting and talking and got off again after his mom called, without any continuation eye sex. That was really out of place.

Bravo !!!! In real life, with the position they were in and with a little luck, they would have a bun the in oven already.

Gotta say the first 2/3 of the series was good. KB and PJH really shined the most, yet the PD took the spotlight away from them due to whatever reason (age-gap, KB's fangirl). The hell with that.

I'm little disappointed with the ending though.

It would be more realistic and nicer if they didn’t deleted the sexual tension bet MJ and SY.. hello!!! MJ is at the prime of his life, that stage of your life you would be more aggressive and very experimental same as SY admit it or not it’s a normal thing a couple does now a day especially they love each other.

@ dreamgazer 1985, @ nell123, @purpleZ, @sp4078, @1crazynyt

The dude is 24. The age of raging male testosterone hormones.

Ok, so we know Min Jae is a rare diamond cut above the rest of his peers … bec he had NO interest whatsoever in the paid-kissing room scenario or kissing a stranger at all or girls (the groupies aplenty who hung around him) – ie our boy had standards and knew what he wanted! :wub:B)

BUT ….. after all the build up, sexual awareness and tension between him and SY .... their ‘eye-sex’ intensity and MJ’s opportunistic self-invite in ep 12 … it just does NOT make any sense that ep 13 is so platonically flat.

With only that one rug scene to tell us they did get to some level of intimacy at home. <_<

And promptly also, right after that scene … (just to reassure all the worried viewers perhaps) …. we get a clarification: NOTHING HAPPENED after that rug kiss - don't even speculate folks!

Bec we immediately get a scene which says: ‘hey, take note everyone …. Da Jung came back and stormed into her old room, and Min Jae’s there asleep – BY HIMSELF! - while SY is doing work outside'.

Yo, is that even emotionally logical?

After that romantic intensity on the rug? After he does impossible eye-boggling gymnastics to wrestle SY down in that one smooth swoop which us all marvelling: "wow that's da man - you go Min Jae sii!" ....

and ... and .... he goes to sleep? by himself?!? :blink:

Wherein lies the natural passion that normally exists between our eye-sex couple? (between any normal couple in love for that matter, nevermind this very special one with all their hyped-up eye-sex flirting and so madly in love they're willing to forsake societal convention?)

Look, as girlfriday so humorously pointed out in her ep 13 recaps on Dramabeans recently … it’s only:

“arms .. ARMS!” :lol::P

And if just that one chance encounter with “merely exposed == ARMS” can get MJ-SY both so hyped and self-conscious .... please try harder to convince us Mj-SY are emotionless, highly rational robots.

Like how can they possibly be under the same roof (adjoining rooms) and not even want to kiss?

And they both can sit together like two couch dolls with nary a peck on the cheek at each other. WOW.

And this is the same guy who wants to hold his gf’s hands at every opportunity – like in that cut (ep 9) scene in the theatre when they both watched Avatar.

Or the same guy who sings with such intense devoted love for his gf at the wedding, with her responding in kind – that yong wa-ni … forever. Huh? Whatever happened to all that intensity with each other?

As far as sexual tension goes … imo, Dal-ja's Spring dealt with it wayyy more effectively and realistically.

Ok, some may say … SY made a pact with Min Jae’s mom.

But what about - just before? When he goes over, after the wedding - after the 'arms scene' where we zoomed in and noticed his rash-scars. :lol:

They both sit there like two old school chums eating and discussing ram-yun. (yoohoo .. play date, anyone? -_- )

purpleZ …totally agreeing with you here.

Min Jae did look like some polite "house guest" when he was in SY’s house for the first time. so UN-real .. esp knowing how UN-shy this guy is about initiating anything, and how opportunistically quick on the uptake he can be.

And later on .... when he moved in permanently (uninvited) … it was again more of playing house. While it was cute, it was also a little contrived seeing them flick at each other's foreheads or do yet more cooking (first kimbab, then his ji-gae = Korean stew) :rolleyes:

While I do agree yes .. that couples get to some comfy, cosy level in couplehood after they date for a while … this was NOT in their case.

They are at the passionate intense stage - where all that eye-sex flirting, that awareness of each other doesn’t fizzle out just like that. Since our MJ-SY couple hadn’t reached that next level of intimacy yet – the sexual awareness, and tension should still be existing there for them ….. and building and BUILDING… NOT diffusing.

That, is just plain UN-natural.

dreamgazer, I would agree ep 13 was essential for establishing and mapping out the premise of everything after. But ep 14 could have gelled together everything better.

Another thing I didn’t quite enjoy about ep 13 was: the change in Min Jae – he was moping around far too much, so down and withdrawn.

Min Jae has always been the upbeat, sunny and always-communicative cheery person in the relationship.

The one doesn’t let SY drink away her sorrows when depressed but takes her skating instead (ep 5)

The one who doesn’t let her brood alone when she’s upset but forces her to go with him to the pub to for some music distraction (ep 11)

The guy who always looks for the upbeat cheery healthier option to any unhappy situation.

Even when his mother found out about them … I like how he never acted out, or withdraw to become all broody and moody (like too many Kdrama heros do). Or sulk in some dark corner drinking, and get richard simmons-drunk.

Instead he often goes to look up his mother to go out for lunch. Even when really mad - he has a good control on his anger. And he never gave up on his mom == now to me, that is a sign of a healthy, proactive, grounded and mature well-adjusted individual.

We didn’t see that in the ep 13 Min Jae.

=====================

@ purpleZ

actors who can effectively act-persuade with their eyes .... offhand:

Lee Byung-Heon (i see the budding potential in Kim Bum already to reach LBH heights)

Hyun Bin

Cha Seung-Won (amazing eye action from him in City Hall)

So Ji-Sub

@ purpleZ, aien, 1crazynyt .... and all who commented on Kim Bum's maturity and the Bummie-So Eun fangirl fantasy:

yup i did also read all the crazy speculations post-BOF had Kim Bum feeling uncomfortable with So Eun. ironic really - bec the two had a perfectly comfortable friendship before BOF ... just like he's also friends with Park Shin Hye. they're all classmates.

to each their own. fangirls will be fangirls.

fantasies should remain that, and i think the more sane and mature viewers among us can realise that and can seperate Real vs Reel. it's only the deluded nasties who will bash (and hurt) another actress based on what they THINK should be their reality. at 20, Bummie has a long way to go - they will be busy and have their hands full with the list of other actresses he will be working with. good luck! :rolleyes:

Archived