[Drama 2010] Still, Marry Me / The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry 아직도 결혼하고 싶은 여ì

Guest purpleZ

Guest kelela

They started airing this on MBC America. Sadly I don't have it on my TV, but I thought I'd say something to spread the word!

I still miss this show. I'm hanging on to the next time we see everyone in their own projects.

Wouldn't we love a mini reunion of SMM?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest purpleZ

Do you have the one where MJ took out his hp to snap a photo with SY?

The dialogue between them were simply impressive. Kudos to the scriptwriter and of cos Kim Bum who managed to do it very very well. I totally can't think of anyone to replace him in this role.

Here you go:

ep5cap1smaller.jpg

True. :) Considering that they shared their screen time with 2 other couples and other minor characters, it's impressive that KB and PJH made it seem so believable. The right words were said at the right time and in the right way. Since I've rewatched some scenes 2345676 times I usually don't pay much attention to the subtitles, but sometimes I do. Those times make me realize that a couple with less natural chemistry than KB and PJH would sound fake. There is something about them, when they are together, that makes the cheesiest romantic lines sound completely natural and believable.

Totally agree with both of you. But I've said it far too many times :) They have one of the best, if not the best, chemistry ever. Definitely one who can pull it off best in older woman and younger man pairing. Having an 11 year age-gap and still having such a believable stares to each other is not every actors' possession. And the fact that they look almost like the same age together (remember what the photographer said to them at the ice skating rink? ;)) is not only because PJH looks youthful but because Park Jin-hee AND Kim Bum can camouflage the age gap. If you know what I mean. Even if you have the best make-up artist do the trick, when they don't have it then they don't have it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I took out some candid photos of MinYoung :)

Wallpaper of SY's mobile

ep11cap2.jpg

ep16cap1.jpg

The text reads "Right now, I'm warm!" ^^

ep16cap2.jpg

The photo in MJ's photo frame taken by the photographer at the ice rink.

ep16cap3.jpg

nell123 and purpleZ, yeah that's what I think too especially MJ talked in those really soft, icy tone but together with the lines, it's a match made in heaven! Aw..

Having said that, I don't feel the same for SW and SM. I really feel that SM is a little too old for SW and it makes me a little uncomfortable watching them unlike for MJ and SY who made me feel all sweet inside.

Thanks purpleZ for the pictures! Going to make them into album covers for the OST. It's a little sad that the songs in this drama are not really addictive for me. By the way, I didn't see your list of signatures for this drama on the first page. There isn't any?

Another thing I love is the friendship between the ladies. I love BK, DJ, SY so much that I wish I have this kind of girlfriends to hang out with. With them, I don't think I mind being single at 34 :lol:

kelela, Yes I definitely like that! This drama is definitely unrated. I wish ratings is not everything *sigh* Nevertheless I will definitely get the DVD when it is out.

Having said all these, I'm a little curious why MJ took sooooo long to kiss SY. On and off when there's a chance, he always brushed it off. Any thoughts?

Guest purpleZ

Thanks purpleZ for the pictures! Going to make them into album covers for the OST. It's a little sad that the songs in this drama are not really addictive for me. By the way, I didn't see your list of signatures for this drama on the first page. There isn't any?

Having said all these, I'm a little curious why MJ took sooooo long to kiss SY. On and off when there's a chance, he always brushed it off. Any thoughts?

No, I still haven't included the siggies collection on the first post. Check back again soon :)

Hmmm, I think K-dramas tend to do that, dragging the kiss till we're about to burst and say "kiss her already!". Lol. That's the only unrealistic thing in this drama. Like when it's so obvious that the fire was burning between MJ-SY, but they extinguished it unnaturally just because some ridiculous reasons would stamp it inappropriate or something. Like the fact that Bummie is still so young, his fangirls, etc...

Hmmm, I think K-dramas tend to do that, dragging the kiss till we're about to burst and say "kiss her already!". Lol. That's the only unrealistic thing in this drama. Like when it's so obvious that the fire was burning between MJ-SY, but they extinguished it unnaturally just because some ridiculous reasons would stamp it inappropriate or something. Like the fact that Bummie is still so young, his fangirls, etc...

@ blyssxoxo and purpleZ:

y'know ... considering even BEFORE their official dating (ep 9 and post-ep9 eppies):

1) in ep 4 (Bu-ki's restaurant launch) Min Jae already had the audacity to plant the cheek kiss on SY (in full public view too, with many onlooking spectators), and was even teasingly almost going to do the the real mouth kiss.

2) and even on their official first date - Min Jae had planned to plant his first kiss before his mother's interruption (SM's intrusion be damned! <_< ) - so what was the problem???

all this .... which makes it all sooooooo darn unrealistic, 'out of MJ character flow' and stupid that a natural-progression kiss was such a BIG HYPED DEAL.

pleasing Bummie fangirls or not .... it's so darn silly to put an invisible ceiling on ANY ACTOR. it's extremely limiting (which any adoring fan-girl who is really in support of her idol should realise - nor only does it stifle, it ironically also confines your "oppa" to only certain expectations and limited capacity roles/range.

MJ had to 'trick-coax' a real kiss out of SY (ep 11 at the pub).

while that one was cute ... by then it's like: aigooo, what's the huge fuss?

and finally ... finally ... plonk a (very chaste) real one in ep 12.

just this ...... despite their familiarity, closeness and MJ's (consistent) spontaneous audacity with all his moves on SY so far!

@ purpleZ:

even by exasperating Kdrama standards ... i felt this drama was EXTRA tedious going about their first kiss.

like you said .... oh puleeze, give us a break. dammit ... JUST DO IT already! :rolleyes:

pinky-swear we're mature enough to handle it. we even promise nicely we won't nose bleed over a mere peck, or spazz out darling Bummie was kissed (oh no, by an older noona no less! :o ) for the next 10 months. :rolleyes:

if i were writing the script .... :P :P :P

~ ep 8 === that corridor candle scene - make a REAL kiss happen there already, please.

it's so stupid MJ went to all that trouble to plan this romantic setting and his big apology moment, only to blow it by noting her white hairs at the most crucial part. how, how lame.

(MJ can still do his white hair observation AFTER kissing SY, bec of course we still DO want an excuse for MJ's silver hair transformation to happen :lol: ).

~ ep 9 === two kisses at least. lots of opportunity. why not make their moments together more realistic - that's what real couples in heady first flushes of love do afterall.

more so, these two - they're so into each other and Ha Min Jae has supernatural persuasive powers!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

many Nth rewatches later .... blur moi realized something. :D

in his conversations with his band-mates and the music producer ... Min Jae (Kim Bum) was actually speaking English. :huh:

MJ was saying words like "ensemble, A minor, E major 7th" etc ... ie music terms, chords.

i didn't notice them before, and all the subbed translations (English, Chinese) out there do NOT really mention the words either - did no one catch them?

Kim Bum's Korean seems to be very very (more so than a normal Kspeaker) strong, which in turn makes his English a little hard to fathom.

as for the Kim Bum or So-Eul fangirls - an aside:

someone very neutral i know had just watched BOF for the first time recently, after she watched the Jversion first.

and like the MJ + SY nutcase that i am :P:rolleyes: ... out of curiosity, i had to ask her what she thought about the romance: Yi Jung + Ga Eul ...... (since so much so the BOF-Bummie fans seem paralysed in that time-capsule).

and her comments were:

what romance? i didn't think there was one happening between that couple in that Kversion.

just felt they were just good friends ;)

so much for chemistry!

purpleZ , thanks ger! Will wait for it. Wanted to change my signature to Still, Marry Me ^_^ She look darn hot in Marie Claire! Woo!

As for the kiss, I was about to ask did they kiss or not in episode 10. The version I'm watching is very small so it's not clear. Thanks jusash for confirming my eyes are not playing tricks on me. :lol:

Oh and I had to re-watched so many times for that episode 11 pub scene where MJ was planting a kiss on her cheek. I really think he didn't kiss her, his lips didn't move, it's more like just touching her cheek. So duhz if you asked me but he looked really charming at that angle. Yes me and my angle :lol:

Nevertheless I'm loving that mini scene and especially when MJ turned when SY was about to kiss his cheek. I'm like FINALLY! Argh! I really like it if you are the scriptwriter instead, jusash! I can't believe someone like MJ who can flirt like hell, seems to love SY sooo much, can't even kiss her on the lips earlier.

By the way, I didn't notice he is speaking in English too =x I definitely like Kim Bum better here than BOF. Can't remember much about the couple but yeah I think not much chemistry or too little plot about them.

Another thing I want to mention is I'm rather disappointed they didn't clarify about the Seena thing. I thought it would be nice for MJ to make some declaration or clarification to her that SY is the girlfriend. Thoughout the drama I assumed that MJ band mates should know they are together but why isn't anyone telling Seena?!!! Although at the end he did declare it in public, still I like it better if he tell Seena in the face or there's an article online that says SY is the one MJ love or something before that final episode (just like the one that mentioned MJ and Seena who were more than friends).

And I'm digging that gray hair look. He look so attractive in it. Heard he spent 7 hours to do it so why not keep it throughout the drama!!! Such a waste!

Guest jollibee

i think i'm totally late to comment on this drama...but here it goes...

...at first i didn't want to watch it because it seemed like it wasn't really good but then again i ate my words...** ate them and was choked***...

...it was one of those dramas that you start to watch and before you know it your already at the end...

...when i watched the first episode i wasn't really looking forward to it...the first few minutes were like "okay i'll watch the first episode then stop 'cause i'll probably regret it if i finish"...but after the first episode i couldn't really stop myself from watching it...

...the characters really complimented each other...they were all funny and vibrant and were really absolutely entertaining...

...kim bum and and park jin hee makes me want to shout kiyooooo...

...i thought it would be awkward to watch them together but it wasn't...they gave me the feeling i felt when i watched the so-eul couple in bof...

...i guess kim bum really is a talented actor to make us...(speaking for everyone..*i hope*..)...feel like that with every partner he is partnered with...

...the rest of the casts was really entertaining...

...indeed this was an underrated drama...

although at times i don't understand why park jin hee has to shout "kyaaaaa***"...to express her feelings...it really creeped me out...like a bird out of tune...

...but all in all thats the only flaw i found...

i'm making my mother watch it...she'd love it... i bet...

Hello all:

i am still here. I do pop in once in while to get my "bummie" fix. Sorry I haven't really participate much. I still catch on PURPLEZ pictures. I have started watching another Kdrama but I still come back.

Guest purpleZ

Hey, kaciemom! Good to see you back here again :)

I read all your comments, but I won't be able to give long comment. I've been kinda busy lately. I'll try to post something more next time.

Just want to update you that I posted icons and signature links on the first post. Enjoy!

Guest dreamgazer1985

although at times i don't understand why park jin hee has to shout "kyaaaaa***"...to express her feelings...it really creeped me out...like a bird out of tune...

...but all in all thats the only flaw i found...

Seriously? That's one of the most endearing things about Shin Young ever for me. When she did her first "kyaoo~~" in the first ep, I knew that this was a character I'm gonna like b/c she's so uninhibited in her expression of emotions. And it just sounds so cute to me.

@Jusash and others on the Kissing discussion:

Honestly, I thought MinJae's character development was one of the more wonky ones in the drama. At first, he was painted as this Playa like figure who reap hearts right and left. But then it turned out that in fact, he's a rather hopeless romantic who's well, pretty much a virgin at most relationship thing. It's more unexpected and it does highlights the fact that he's still pretty young.

However, I like this and it's how I viewed his character in the drama. He's comfortable with the opposite sex because he does have a really great sense of confidence and he knows who he is.And so even w/out that face of his, that confidence would be hecka attractive to women. But that doesn't mean he's easily attracted to them. He just love the kyaoo~ woman of his <3

So I was ok with all the kiss teasings until when we hit a home run. And personally, if they kiss all the time, the significances of the later kisses would not be as sweet or as special to me.

But there was this one thing that bug the heck out of me. This is one of the inconsistencies that I found in the editing of the drama. In the beginning of either ep. 2 or 3, when they did a fast summary of what had happened, there was a scene of MinJae checking out a girl in the library who raised her arms up to stretch. Then he passed her a note with presumably his phone number in it. This totally contradict what he said to ShinYoung in ep. 7 about how girls are the ones that always pursue him and that he never pursued anyone before.

@purpleZ: Thank you so much for the piano kiss wall paper. I always want to ask you about that since I love it in your siggie but I thought you would have like to keep it special for yourself alone. :)

*WAVES*

Hi all! Nice to see familiar names checking in ... and no, never too late jollibee! WELCOME! :D

Seriously? That's one of the most endearing things about Shin Young ever for me. When she did her first "kyaoo~~" in the first ep, I knew that this was a character I'm gonna like b/c she's so uninhibited in her expression of emotions. And it just sounds so cute to me.

i am neutral about SY kyaoo thing - neither 'in love' with it, nor 'in hate' (ie, opposed to it).

in general ... i just take it as part of SY's overall package.

my take is perhaps the kyaoo thingy exists to illustrate how spontaneous and crazily-fun SY can be in private.

the same drive that leads her to make the decision to cut MJ's guitar string or to go bonkers doing crazy stunts with Bu Ki and Da Jung.

which all adds up to make it more credible SY can be as cute to a much-younger Min Jae. because it helps illustrate she's really zany at heart and is capable of funking it up, and totally letting her hair down with a 24 yr old (despite being an older 34).

(which is such a vast difference from Da Jung at the same age, who is so prim and proper, or too sickening-cutesy ... and always wants to do/say the right thing)

@Jusash and others on the Kissing discussion:

Honestly, I thought MinJae's character development was one of the more wonky ones in the drama. At first, he was painted as this Playa like figure who reap hearts right and left. But then it turned out that in fact, he's a rather hopeless romantic who's well, pretty much a virgin at most relationship thing. It's more unexpected and it does highlights the fact that he's still pretty young.

However, I like this and it's how I viewed his character in the drama. He's comfortable with the opposite sex because he does have a really great sense of confidence and he knows who he is.And so even w/out that face of his, that confidence would be hecka attractive to women. But that doesn't mean he's easily attracted to them. He just love the kyaoo~ woman of his <3

i am totally with you on your insights on who MJ is. B)

it's more or less how i see him too.

and don't forget he's totally "comfortable with the opposite sex" too (imo) also bec of his great relationship with his mother.

i like he always makes it a point to keep the communication lines between them going (even when SM is mad with him, or vice-versa).

ability to communicate = great asset in any male partner.

if MJ's used to being open and laying all cards on the table with his mother ... he would have NO problem communicating with the opposite sex. and a guy who can tease and joke so easily with his mom is bound to be comfortable with the opposite sex.

it's just that if he was already ready with a kiss (if not for SM's interruption @ their romantic dinner) the moment they officially started dating (ep 9) .. does it make much sense they waited so long AFTER ep 9, just to kiss??

But there was this one thing that bug the heck out of me. This is one of the inconsistencies that I found in the editing of the drama. In the beginning of either ep. 2 or 3, when they did a fast summary of what had happened, there was a scene of MinJae checking out a girl in the library who raised her arms up to stretch. Then he passed her a note with presumably his phone number in it. This totally contradict what he said to ShinYoung in ep. 7 about how girls are the ones that always pursue him and that he never pursued anyone before.

dreamgazer1985 and blyssxoxo:

i did NOT even notice that scene before :mellow: - thank you for pointing it out!

and of course this bzbody here went to check what you'd mentioned out. :lol:

my take after watching it is: the girl might be deliberately doing it to attract MJ's attention. and perhaps had already done it repeatedly a few times already, while sitting opposite him.

seeing how MJ reacts to girls/fans throwing themselves at him (with barely concealed impatience or disgust, displeasure or minimalist-civility .. ie he brushes them off as quickly as he can without being too rude) ....

who's to say that note he left that girl wasn't one of disparaging negativity? :lol:

like perhaps he also left the library after because he couldn't stand sitting opposite her, watching her flirting and flaunting her body at him anymore?? :P

the only girl he didn't seem to 'protest' to was Se-na. (then again, his band was in working collaboration with her)

just saying ... another alternative view.

Guest dreamgazer1985

dreamgazer1985 and blyssxoxo:

i did NOT even notice that scene before :mellow: - thank you for pointing it out!

and of course this bzbody here went to check what you'd mentioned out. :lol:

my take after watching it is: the girl might be deliberately doing it to attract MJ's attention. and perhaps had already done it repeatedly a few times already, while sitting opposite him.

seeing how MJ reacts to girls/fans throwing themselves at him (with barely concealed impatience or disgust, displeasure or minimalist-civility .. ie he brushes them off as quickly as he can without being too rude) ....

who's to say that note he left that girl wasn't one of disparaging negativity? :lol:

like perhaps he also left the library after because he couldn't stand sitting opposite her, watching her flirting and flaunting her body at him anymore?? :P

the only girl he didn't seem to 'protest' to was Se-na. (then again, his band was in working collaboration with her)

just saying ... another alternative view.

But with that kind of self satisfied smirk on his face though? I don't believe it. I agree that the girl was doing it to attract attention but let's face it, the guy dig it...that was a "I'm checking you checking me out" kind of expression there. And it would also be very weird if he left her a note to criticize her action. Not only it's sort of rude but also kinda creepy in that why does he take it on himself to correct stranger's behaviors? o.O

My take on this is that with the way Korean drama tend to get written on the fly, I think the writers perhaps planned a slightly different characterization for MJ but decided to switch gears later on, hence that cut scene was included earlier in the recap.

Guest purpleZ

@blyssxoxo: You're welcome, girl!

@jusash, dreamgazer1985, blyssxoxo:

On the descussions of MJ's scene with the girl in library

I noticed that scene before, but I never thought that it's something that actually happened. I still don't think so. I think it is just an imaginary view that the writer or SY gave of how men are only interested in girls with big boobs. Diet, botox and silicone are your tickets to get male attentions, that's what SY believed in. That it was MJ who's in the scene, was most probably because he's the hot guy who's got many female attentions. So to illustrate what SY was pointing out, they made that imaginary scene of MJ with a big busts girl in the library and that he was attracted to her because of the big boobs. Along the show, he never showed this side of him even once and I don't believe that he did it before. And I believe that the scene was not cut from the previous episode either. That's my take :)

Guest purpleZ

@purpleZ: Thank you so much for the piano kiss wall paper. I always want to ask you about that since I love it in your siggie but I thought you would have like to keep it special for yourself alone. :)

With SMM, I want to share almost everything to you. Because I want to spread the love for this drama :)

Guest purpleZ

MJ had to 'trick-coax' a real kiss out of SY (ep 11 at the pub).

while that one was cute ... by then it's like: aigooo, what's the huge fuss?

and finally ... finally ... plonk a (very chaste) real one in ep 12.

just this ...... despite their familiarity, closeness and MJ's (consistent) spontaneous audacity with all his moves on SY so far!

@ purpleZ:

even by exasperating Kdrama standards ... i felt this drama was EXTRA tedious going about their first kiss.

like you said .... oh puleeze, give us a break. dammit ... JUST DO IT already! :rolleyes:

pinky-swear we're mature enough to handle it. we even promise nicely we won't nose bleed over a mere peck, or spazz out darling Bummie was kissed (oh no, by an older noona no less! :o ) for the next 10 months. :rolleyes:

if i were writing the script .... :P :P :P

~ ep 8 === that corridor candle scene - make a REAL kiss happen there already, please.

it's so stupid MJ went to all that trouble to plan this romantic setting and his big apology moment, only to blow it by noting her white hairs at the most crucial part. how, how lame.

(MJ can still do his white hair observation AFTER kissing SY, bec of course we still DO want an excuse for MJ's silver hair transformation to happen :lol: ).

~ ep 9 === two kisses at least. lots of opportunity. why not make their moments together more realistic - that's what real couples in heady first flushes of love do afterall.

more so, these two - they're so into each other and Ha Min Jae has supernatural persuasive powers!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

many Nth rewatches later .... blur moi realized something. :D

in his conversations with his band-mates and the music producer ... Min Jae (Kim Bum) was actually speaking English. :huh:

MJ was saying words like "ensemble, A minor, E major 7th" etc ... ie music terms, chords.

i didn't notice them before, and all the subbed translations (English, Chinese) out there do NOT really mention the words either - did no one catch them?

Kim Bum's Korean seems to be very very (more so than a normal Kspeaker) strong, which in turn makes his English a little hard to fathom.

as for the Kim Bum or So-Eul fangirls - an aside:

someone very neutral i know had just watched BOF for the first time recently, after she watched the Jversion first.

and like the MJ + SY nutcase that i am :P:rolleyes: ... out of curiosity, i had to ask her what she thought about the romance: Yi Jung + Ga Eul ...... (since so much so the BOF-Bummie fans seem paralysed in that time-capsule).

and her comments were:

what romance? i didn't think there was one happening between that couple in that Kversion.

just felt they were just good friends ;)

so much for chemistry!

About the kiss, yes they're indeed very tedious. I read some comments even saying that this pairing PJH-KB only seemed like a teacher fooling around with her student, inappropriate relationship, etc. All I want to say is, they probably ate their heart out after Bummie gave a grand kiss in the last episode! Sorry, but the more I read those kind of comments, the more I laugh that they don't get what they want.

About their first kiss in episode 11. I complained that it was too short of a kiss and just a peck on the lips. But it was fun looking at the way MJ teased SY into that kiss on his lips. And the intense looks in his eyes, staring at her the whole time. One of the most intense looking eyes. Then you have another intense look in episode 12 when throwing himself to SY by requesting to stay the night at her place (I prefer describing it eye sex, since it's really how they looked like).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I heard the E minor, etc. But yeah, if you didn't listen carefully, you thought that he was mumbling in Korean. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I have said this many times, I didn't think that Soeul got that much chemistry. First, no story, relationship development. And second KSE's character kind of annoyed me on the way she called Bummie's character there whenever she saw him. Like exhaling while she called him "yi jeong sunbae" ehhhhhh. Bummie just doesn't give me the feel of a sunbae. As we all agree, we prefer him as a noona killer. Sunbae or oppa doesn't suit him.

Guest jollibee

hiyaaa...

anyways...the MJ scene in the library...i saw it before actually...i even re-winded the episode in order to make sure that i did not miss anything...it was really weird but i concluded it as purpleZ had said, that it was just the random imagination on SY's part...

but with that said i think that he didn't give her his number but was just simply playing with her...i actually assumed that his note said something like "i know you like me, but i'm not interested"..kekekee....this is the thing with programs...they tend to cut a few things out in order to shorten the actual running time...

Archived