[Drama 2010] Still, Marry Me / The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry 아직도 결혼하고 싶은 여ì

Guest purpleZ

Guest bitter SOOweet

i wish they didn't cut SY's leave so short so we could see the development between all the other couples

... although i with MJ & SY did have more screen time? ierno i'm like contradicting myself haha

eitherway this was indeed a cute drama :)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dreamgazer1985

Another thing I didn’t quite enjoy about ep 13 was: the change in Min Jae – he was moping around far too much, so down and withdrawn.

Min Jae has always been the upbeat, sunny and always-communicative cheery person in the relationship.

The one doesn’t let SY drink away her sorrows when depressed but takes her skating instead (ep 5)

The one who doesn’t let her brood alone when she’s upset but forces her to go with him to the pub to for some music distraction (ep 11)

The guy who always looks for the upbeat cheery healthier option to any unhappy situation.

Even when his mother found out about them … I like how he never acted out, or withdraw to become all broody and moody (like too many Kdrama heros do). Or sulk in some dark corner drinking, and get richard simmons-drunk.

Instead he often goes to look up his mother to go out for lunch. Even when really mad - he has a good control on his anger. And he never gave up on his mom == now to me, that is a sign of a healthy, proactive, grounded and mature well-adjusted individual.

We didn’t see that in the ep 13 Min Jae.

I have to disagree with you here. It would have been frivolous and irreverent of Min Jae if he just bounce right back up after getting such news.

I mean your mom not liking your girlfriend is nothing news. It's the usual sort of happenings. In fact, it would be more of a surprise if a mom likes her son's gf. However, a case of your mom not liking your girlfriend who's also has an ex bf whom your mom is dating now is something that doesn't happen everyday. (hopefully not! b/c once again, ack! vagina connection!). I mean you're fighting an uphill battle already b/c you're dating someone your mom disapprove of for several reasons, and to deal with such a twisted new angle to the relationship too, that's just way too much for one mortal to take, I think.

@ purpleZ, aien, 1crazynyt .... and all who commented on Kim Bum's maturity and the Bummie-So Eun fangirl fantasy:

yup i did also read all the crazy speculations post-BOF had Kim Bum feeling uncomfortable with So Eun. ironic really - bec the two had a perfectly comfortable friendship before BOF ... just like he's also friends with Park Shin Hye. they're all classmates.

to each their own. fangirls will be fangirls.

fantasies should remain that, and i think the more sane and mature viewers among us can realise that and can seperate Real vs Reel. it's only the deluded nasties who will bash (and hurt) another actress based on what they THINK should be their reality. at 20, Bummie has a long way to go - they will be busy and have their hands full with the list of other actresses he will be working with. good luck! :rolleyes:

Oh I stumbled on a Soeulmates site once and it was some of the most looly readings I've ever seen on the internet. They were getting butthurt b/c there is a scene of ice skating in "Still, Marry Me" b/c that's obviously sacred to Soeulmate or something. It was so ridiculous.

I think it's fine to have a fantasy of a couple you like but there has to be a limit. You need to realize that besides the fact that they're good at what they do, ie. acting, and perhaps some further chemistry add to it...but the majority of the fantasy is really just your hyper active imagination 8D

Guest purpleZ

purpleZ …totally agreeing with you here.

Min Jae did look like some polite "house guest" when he was in SY’s house for the first time. so UN-real .. esp knowing how UN-shy this guy is about initiating anything, and how opportunistically quick on the uptake he can be.

While I do agree yes .. that couples get to some comfy, cosy level in couplehood after they date for a while … this was NOT in their case.

They are at the passionate intense stage - where all that eye-sex flirting, that awareness of each other doesn’t fizzle out just like that. Since our MJ-SY couple hadn’t reached that next level of intimacy yet – the sexual awareness, and tension should still be existing there for them ….. and building and BUILDING… NOT diffusing.

actors who can effectively act-persuade with their eyes .... offhand:

Lee Byung-Heon (i see the budding potential in Kim Bum already to reach LBH heights)

Hyun Bin

Cha Seung-Won (amazing eye action from him in City Hall)

So Ji-Sub

That's why while I was so looking forward to episode 13, after that sensual looks on the wedding. (Tell me honestly guys, did you or did you not see and expect that they'd sleep together after that look in MJ's eyes when he asked "could I sleep over?", even though you thought it wouldn't happen considering the factors that've been mentioned many times?)Then when I started watching that epi, I was left "Huh?? Where's the continuation?? Why is it gone??". Although I thought, it's a Kdrama and Bummie is still 20 and he's got many teen fangirls so sex should be out of the question. BUT hey, they're so intensely in love. To build it down like that is just not right.

Oh yeah, Lee Byung Heon is definitely the king of eye sex! Lol. He is after all 19 years Bummie's senior. So for Bummie to reach that level with his eyes expression is truly awesome! Never seen Cha Seung Won's drama, only saw his movie once.

to each their own. fangirls will be fangirls.

fantasies should remain that, and i think the more sane and mature viewers among us can realise that and can seperate Real vs Reel. it's only the deluded nasties who will bash (and hurt) another actress based on what they THINK should be their reality. at 20, Bummie has a long way to go - they will be busy and have their hands full with the list of other actresses he will be working with. good luck! :rolleyes:

Oh I stumbled on a Soeulmates site once and it was some of the most looly readings I've ever seen on the internet. They were getting butthurt b/c there is a scene of ice skating in "Still, Marry Me" b/c that's obviously sacred to Soeulmate or something. It was so ridiculous.

I think it's fine to have a fantasy of a couple you like but there has to be a limit. You need to realize that besides the fact that they're good at what they do, ie. acting, and perhaps some further chemistry add to it...but the majority of the fantasy is really just your hyper active imagination 8D

I just visit that site to look for translations of Bummie's interview related to SMM. I try to avoid reading the comments, but they make me laugh at how most of them are ridiculously immature. Don't they realize that they'll get old too? I think their problems with PJH is because she's much older. Being so much younger, as young as or even younger than Bummie, they would feel jealous.

(so maybe they suddenly remembered somewhere along the way: “OMG, we cannot do this afterall, Kim Bum is only 20!!” the Kim Bum -So Eun fan girls will bomb the station?!!! :rolleyes: )

That's not something you forget or never think about. :angry: I hate half-assed jobs. I hate it when dramas change their story or characters to accommodate to the delusions of fangirls/boys that never watch anyway. <_<

@ dreamgazer 1985, @ nell123, @purpleZ, @sp4078, @1crazynyt

Ok, some may say … SY made a pact with Min Jae’s mom.

This is one part of the whole story I don't get as much as I try. What parent meddles in this sort of thing? MJ is 24, mature and very responsible. But even if he wasn't, that's not her business. Plus SM's marriage hysteria simply befuddled me. Ok, so she is afraid that her son's older girlfriend wants to trap him with a baby and force him to marry her. But she has absolutely no objections about young girls with raging hormones when the end result could be the same. Which also happened in her case btw...

@ purpleZ

actors who can effectively act-persuade with their eyes .... offhand:

Lee Byung-Heon (i see the budding potential in Kim Bum already to reach LBH heights)

Hyun Bin

Cha Seung-Won (amazing eye action from him in City Hall)

So Ji-Sub

I have no objections to Hyun Bin or Cha Seung Won but I hope KB doesn't turn into another Lee Byun Heon or So Ji Sub. His devilish and cheeky charms will be wasted if he plays only the strong and silent types those two prefer.

Guest hello.drama.hello

This drama didn't disappoint me. I was looking forward for it. It delivered and acting was better than expected. Now that the drama is finished, I can watch it again all in one run and fast forward DJ's part :)...back to one of my fav scene the guitar cutting. lol. I luv this drama but it felt choppy following piece by piece.

i won't be surprised if the actors are involved in real life. They're chemistry is great on screen. For the most part, you can't tell the age difference except for a few scenes where KB still looks like a boy. I wish they star in another drama with eachother...probably, wishful thinking on my part.

:mellow: I am sitting in front of my PC right now and I really have not come down yet from this drama. I think because it has the comedy, romance and no "back stabbing" I really enjoy it. Because of the rating (the heck with rating), it could have gone for more it was rated mid to high. I am not disappointed.

My poor husband, he keep giving me these "get over" the look whenever I mention Kim Bum and how cute he is. Anyway, I thoroughly enjoy this drama and hopefully I will catch you guys on another forum. I am thinking about watching the drama after this one with Lee Min-ho. :rolleyes::D:D

Take care all.

Guest purpleZ

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoy this drama and hopefully I will catch you guys on another forum. I am thinking about watching the drama after this one with Lee Min-ho. :rolleyes::D:D

Take care all.

Oh no, you're leaving already, kaciemom? :( I'll still be staying around for some time and don't think I'll be visiting other threads that often soon (other drama threads). I'm making a clip out of it right now :) Hope to share it with you guys soon!

I have to disagree with you here. It would have been frivolous and irreverent of Min Jae if he just bounce right back up after getting such news.

touche dreamgazer! yes am there with you, when put like that.

shell-shock, triple times.

1) mom (surprise, surprise! how can she not?) doesn't seem to adore Shin Young like he does, and then ...

2) mom of all people, had the utterly poor taste to choose .... OH NO!!! ... Sang Woo! :angry:

someone Min Jae already biasedly disliked with a HUGE vengeance.

3) the further sinking realiszation of what a SW-SM union means (no, no not just the carnal connection :lol: ) .... but of what will happen to him and SY if Min Jae gives his endorsement and blessing to his mom's relationship.

oh, the seriously complicated, convoluted relationship tree in this family is enough to send Min Jae (and all of us) to depths of instant depression all right! :rolleyes:

I mean your mom not liking your girlfriend is nothing news. It's the usual sort of happenings. In fact, it would be more of a surprise if a mom likes her son's gf. However, a case of your mom not liking your girlfriend who's also has an ex bf whom your mom is dating now is something that doesn't happen everyday. (hopefully not! b/c once again, ack! vagina connection!). I mean you're fighting an uphill battle already b/c you're dating someone your mom disapprove of for several reasons, and to deal with such a twisted new angle to the relationship too, that's just way too much for one mortal to take, I think.

definite uphill battle.

can see all you have outlined dreamgazer ... but i think the crux of my dissatisfaction possibly is rather Min Jae's inconsistency throughout this eppie.

1) ok ... like purpleZ said the " no continuity" part in intensity or emotions fr ep 12 => 13.

all our comments indicate ..... we're all on the same page, in agreement on this. B)

his first excitement at being at her place (even BEFORE the face-off confrontation between the two couples SW-SM, MJ-SY ... that expected anticipation and excitement is already noticeably absent to begin with).

ok, nevermind that.

2) then ... dude, you're at your gf's place for the very first time.

woohoo! the endless romantic/intensity possibilities ... those romantic moves that you're so very good at dreaming up and executing with such cheeky style (that had us all swooning along with you, since ep 4-5).

heck, you can't believe your luck already your gf actually agreed to let you stay over (ep 12).

and then ..... what do you do the moment mom calls? run out instantly - without any hesitation and without so much as giving your gf a peck on the cheek.

(hullo MJ-sii: have you ever thought to tell mom:

sorry I can't make it tonight (afterall it's been a long day - you've been in charge of music, singing at wedding and all) ... how about maybe tomorrow? afterall mom is calling you this very last minute, and you drop everything to run out - to make a date to see mom's bf? when you're on some seriously hot date yourself?? :huh::o )

3) ok skip that part ... now onward-ho to the restaurant.

just looking at SW bombs your world and nauseates your stomach.

nevermind he's your beloved Ex's slimy bf ... he's now introduced as - mom's bf? WTF ... LOVER?!

ok, my universe is spinning. i have to process this by hibernating, and hide from the world in my music practice room for a while. even SY my gf's visit does not do anything for me romantically anymore. seeing her just reminds me of the fact: "and now what happens to us?" (and of that awful SW who's my potential <gag> father - God forbid! :P )

4) but hey, i recover so fast from my depression that i am now back in action. twice re-charged too! (end of ep 13)

i have my packed bag in tow and am armed with all with my former boldness. i don't care what my gf says ... not taking 'no' for an answer === i AM moving right into SY's place - tonight!

the first hour i am there ... i jump, bec gf comes into my room without knocking and sees my exposed arms.

boy oh boy - the skinship possibilities! i can't sleep already. aigooo ... i think she can't sleep too.

what shall we do? ahh ... play chess.

and for the rest of the episode i need to make up for lost time by playing housemates WITHOUT any agenda or intensity, although i am now back to being my happy romantic self.

now see what i mean?

it's weird, this whole MJ progression in ep 13.

====================

purpleZ .... i know, right.

when those immature fangirls go: "ewww .... she's so old?"

i often wonder too, when i read of such remarks:

yo, don't you think you will never get there?

and do you think you will even be half as hip, or have as much cool, funky style when you DO get there?

(esp with this type of closeminded, intolerant mindset and attitude? :rolleyes: )

actually these Bummie fangirls are perfectly in character normal when you guys mention they take offence to SY-MJ skating scene. (BOF had similar skating with So Eun and Kim Bum .. or was it skiing? so to believe = the delusion bubble ends - Kim Bum is an actor, beyond BOF).

bec looney tunes often totally exist in some of the star-adoration threads ... fans act like they DO know the star intimately and personally, and it's kinda spooky to read sometimes. they all have these imaginary scenarios they build of their favorite star that they totally believe in themselves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

purpleZ: Lee Byung Heun .... has the type of same teasing charm with his eyes and expressions as Kim Bum, except LBH comes across as more of a really seasoned player, beyond the playfulness.

perhaps of late he has been playing more of the strong silent types ... but if you are familiar with his style and his works - LBH also totally has got this easy, devilishly-infectious boyish cheeky charm he gets by with (like Bummie).

Kim Bum has the potential to reach the same heights, in my books. like you said .... LBH is 19 yrs ahead ... so the fact Bummie's only 20 and already exhibiting an impressive similar calibre says a whole lot for him.

i have not seen all that many Kim Bum works, so can't really say but here at least --- Bummie's completely injected flavor to the role of Ha Min Jae very well. B)

it's the charismatic X factor - you either have it, or you don't.

the actors (and i have only named a few, offhand) who can convey versatile expressions with their eyes without saying a lot ... they're definitely a cut above the rest, to watch.

Oh no, you're leaving already, kaciemom? :( I'll still be staying around for some time and don't think I'll be visiting other threads that often soon (other drama threads). I'm making a clip out of it right now :) Hope to share it with you guys soon!

No, no....I will still be here - are you kidding, this is my sanity place. And this is where I get all my "Bummie" fix. That's why I am driving my husband crazy because whenever a new picture of "Bummer" I will be screaming how cute and mature he is. :rolleyes: What I should have said was I will also visit the other forums - sorry for any confustion.

I'm still stuck up here. I re-watched ep 1-11 last night, I went to bed like almost five in the morning didn’t notice the time because I was so busy giggling like crazy all the time, I think my facial muscles are all worn out coz I can’t stop smiling. I haven’t seen 12-16 ep with sub but, I’m not rushing coz I don’t wanna think that the drama was over so when the Sub comes out I have something to look forward like what I’ve said I’m not so ready to let go. As I watch and watch the drama I begun to realize now that I started to like them as individual actor/actress as KB and PJH not just a pairing or as MINYOUNG couple. I find PJH so adorable she acts so naturally she never overdone her acting/role. maybe someday I would like to see her pairing with WOn BIN, I was watching Won Bin CFs last night suddenly PJH popped out and I told myself it will be nice if he would get pair with PJH, Galsss just my weird imagination don’t mind me, see how my brain got mess up because of STILL MARRY ME hehehehe ..

Guest epixeltwin

Honestly episodes 15-16 and the ending...wow so good lol!

Wouldn't have hoped for a better ending. It was really awesome.

I have to admit I was really shaken at some point. Like, at the end of episode 15, I was thinking that I'd rather have Shin Young and Shin Woo get together in the end than have things like they were. Honestly I must say I was a bit pissed at how SY and MJ handled things between themselves, but in the end it worked out even though that was way surprising. And what awesome manly moves MJ had right there...pretty dope if you ask me :) !

I would have freaking hit all of Ban Suk's family, him included. though. Well It's been that way since he first showed up in that drama :P

Guest kelela

Just saw the 16 subs and I am going to watch right now. I tried to watch 15 subs before I had the 16 subs and I couldn't do it. I feel like I NEED the 16 subs first.

In any case. I will be back for further discussion.

Also, feel free to add me as a friend on here. Love to keep up with the dramas everyone is watching.

Guest purpleZ

No, no....I will still be here - are you kidding, this is my sanity place. And this is where I get all my "Bummie" fix. That's why I am driving my husband crazy because whenever a new picture of "Bummer" I will be screaming how cute and mature he is. :rolleyes: What I should have said was I will also visit the other forums - sorry for any confustion.

Glad to hear that! I only squeel over Bummie when I'm alone or with my best friend! Lol

Honestly episodes 15-16 and the ending...wow so good lol!

Wouldn't have hoped for a better ending. It was really awesome.

I have to admit I was really shaken at some point. Like, at the end of episode 15, I was thinking that I'd rather have Shin Young and Shin Woo get together in the end than have things like they were. Honestly I must say I was a bit pissed at how SY and MJ handled things between themselves, but in the end it worked out even though that was way surprising. And what awesome manly moves MJ had right there...pretty dope if you ask me :) !

I would have freaking hit all of Ban Suk's family, him included. though. Well It's been that way since he first showed up in that drama :P

epixeltwin! Glad to see you here again. We missed you! Anyways, did you notice any purple bottles in the last episodes? I did, was waiting till you post the pics ;)

For me, I totally liked the ending! We finally got a real kiss, what else should we ask for?? Although there should be tidbits of future developments between the 2, but it's better to leave it to our imaginations.To me, they're happily pursuing their career, dating and getting married 3 years later! :)

================

I've been wondering though. It was Purple Bee's last concert. Why is it last? Is it that MJ's going to stop his career? :unsure:

Guest purpleZ

Annyeonghaseyo~~

I'm back with Kim Bum pics at wrap-up party ceremony for "Still Marry, Me" (hopefully not a re-post)

purpleZ yup, i think that pic comes from wrap-up party ceremony for "Still, Marry Me" :)

Thanks for the high resolution pics, ilwoo_aein! No, it's not a re-post. Bummie is sooooo cute :D Any pics with PJH too?

Guest kelela

I know we've been going over timelines a lot, I sort of think this was just her visit back to Seoul and not after her 3 yrs. Did we talk about that? Did I miss that? I probably did because I had some crazy work thing about a week ago and missed a ton of great posts only to pop in every once in a while.

Guest dreamgazer1985

I know we've been going over timelines a lot, I sort of think this was just her visit back to Seoul and not after her 3 yrs. Did we talk about that? Did I miss that? I probably did because I had some crazy work thing about a week ago and missed a ton of great posts only to pop in every once in a while.

I think the timeline confused all of us. The general consensus is that it's definitely not 3 years since there is a scene of Da Jung giving birth. However, someone brought up that perhaps that's not in chronological order since we were getting a tons of flashbacks near the end. Personally, I don't think so. But I have yet to watch the whole thing w/ subs.

@purpleZ & ilwoo_aien: Thank you so much for the pics. The girls look gorgeous. I love how understated they are in makeup and dressing and yet they're still fabulous looking. One gripe from this deeply biased and slightly delusional fangirl, why is Bummie not sitting near his "Shin Young"?!? <_<

Archived