Quantcast
Guest Yin_Ying

Lee Pil Mo 이필모

He has such a great voice....  Here he is in Korean "Sound of Music"

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; background-color: transparent; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial;"뮤지컬 '사운드 오브 뮤직' Something Good - 이필모 최윤정

Guest bettyboop_

Lee Pilmo is surely busy. Right after Pinocchio , he has a new drama - MY TWINKLE TWINKLE..... weekend drama.... Congratulations!

Why So silent here...? :(

He's hot sexy man...

Im falling in love with this man while watching Emergency Couple.. so charisma.... :x

Guest kyung-jin

itemprop="name"​9 K-drama actors who need a starring role

by Lauren Jinkerson on Thu, Mar 26, 2015

When a new K-drama series is announced, one of the most pressing questions is always "who's going to star in it?" Choosing the right actors to play the parts is a crucial element of what makes a drama successful. Sometimes we go on to watch every other show an actor has done because they were so good. Sometimes it's the secondary characters who steal the spotlight, who have us clamoring for more. We wait with bated breath to see if they're going to be the stars of the next big series. This list explores actors who have proven their skills and who we are hoping will jump into that starring role.

7. Lee Pil Mo — Emergency Couple

Screen_Shot_2015-03-25_at_2.57.49_PM.png

You know the saying "Always the bridesmaid, never the bride"? I feel this encapsulates Lee Mil Po's career perfectly. Always the Second Lead, never the Lead. I absolutely adore Lee Mil Po, and in every role he has ever been given I've genuinely wanted him to end up with the girl (major Second Lead Syndrome for Emergency Couple)! As already mentioned with Lee Yoo Bi, I watched his burgeoning romance in Pinocchio with just as much rapture as I did Choi Dal Po and Choi In Ha. I really want him to jump into the main lead role. He has stolen my heart over and over. 

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/9-k-drama-actors-who-need-a-starring-role/

I am also a huge fan of Lee Plimo and have been since he played the lead in the 2006 daily drama 'As the River Flows, We'll Meet By the River' (198 episodes) which was the first daily drama that I ever saw. He's usually played a lead-type character in longer dramas (as the lead female's love interest in Here Comes Ajumma (2007), as the second son, paired with Yoo Sun, in My Too Perfect Sons, (2009) and as Hwang Woo Seul Hee's love interest in My Love, My Family (2011.), but has been cast just below top billing in weekly series. Not always the main guy, but nearly always the most impactful screen presence. Much like the amazing Lee Yoon Ji, who has shone in every single drama she's appeared in by being the pertpetual "bridesmaid" despite her immense talent and likability. As long as both of these two keep showing up once or twice a year I'll be more than slightly bemused, but always happy to join them for the ride... ^:)^

• Like 1

Guest kyung-jin

class="at_ttl"Eight K-Drama Actors Who Played Teachers

BY Julie Jones | Apr 13, 2015 09:45 AM EDT

Lee Pil Mo

When Lee Pil Moo stands in front of the classroom in "Who Are You - School 2015," he will be the latest in a series of k-drama actors who played teachers. In the new drama he plays Kim Joon Suk, a math teacher who has to deal with serious social issues that are not on the school curriculum.

Lee Pil Mo, who played a news producer in "Pinocchio" and a doctor in "Emergency Couple," is an outspoken fan of teachers and the influence they have on students' lives.

"A student's teenage years are the most important," Lee told the Korean media outlet TV Daily. "It's a sensitive time of growth when they decide their path and teachers are responsible for leading them."

So, how do you think Lee Pil Mo will do as a teacher? Check the drama out. It starts on April 27.

Source: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/81488/20150413/eight-k-drama-actors-who-played-teachers.htm

Pil Mo in 2006...

As The River Flows

17143097796_3a54784906_o_d.jpg

16982853379_5b07fb22ed_o_d.jpg

Drama Title: 강이 되어 만나리 / As the River Flows / Rivers Meet /  江河的荣誉

Genre: Drama, Romance

Episodes: 198

Broadcast Network: KBS

Broadcast period: 2006-Mar-20 to 2006-Nov-04

Source: KoreanDrama.org

More photos here: Baidu Tieba

Preview

https://youtu.be/9-CaJd3KhCA

https://youtu.be/YibF8AN7gDo

Edited by straylamb

2006 ~ 2007

Here Comes Ajumma

16981366498_b44f08ed66_o_d.jpg

17169111095_1215f30470_o_d.jpg

Drama Title: 아줌마가 간다 / Here Comes Ajumma / Azumma (Here She Comes) / 歐巴桑向前衝 / 罗武林向前冲

Episodes: 162

Broadcast network: KBS2

Broadcast period: 2006-Nov-13 to 2007-May-19

This is the story of Oh Nim, a young married woman with a child. Her marriage breaks apart and she copes by becoming the star of a cooking show. Here Comes Ahjumma chronicles how this comes about as she tenaciously provides for her family and enters a contest to be the next celebrity cooking show host. Her sweet and gentle personality charms everyone including the Chaebol boss, the manager at the TV Station. You'll want to follow her as she tries at first to reconcile her marriage and then realizes she can't do it, and so she changes her life to survive and thrive. She is a true heroine in all she does and all the choices she makes.

After Oh Nim's marriage failed, Woo Chan (Lee Pil Mo) is the love interest of Oh Nim and they eventually get together.

Source: DramaWiki

More photos: Baidu Tieba

Edited by straylamb

Thanks @straylamb for providing pictures and information about the first two dramas in which I was exposed to the superior talents of Lee Pilmo!  =D> As the River Flows was my first daily drama (I watched it on KBS in Los Angeles as the daily drama running from 7 to 7:30, preceding Pure in Heart (featuring Goo Hye Sun in her first starring role as Yang Gukwha, which remains my favorite daily drama to this day! :x) and Here Comes Ajumma, which was another great daily drama that also made me a big fan of it's star Yang Jeong-A, a wonderfully talented actress who, sadly, doesn't get enough work to satisfy me. =((
Luckily, Lee Pilmo has been kept busy for the past decade and continues to win fans whenever he is featured, using his wide range of talents to play a pivotable role in each production. I'm certain that his latest venture will be a big hit as it stars the talented, popular, and lovely young actress Kim So-hyun, which pretty much guarentees that there will be a fairly large audience awaiting it's premier...:)]:-SS @-) :)>-

@robbo4 , I'm a fan of Lee Pil Mo too, but I haven't actually watched these two dramas yet. We hardly get to watch daily dramas here in Singapore. :(  What's usually popular here are the miniseries and mid-length dramas below 30 episodes. I only got to know this amazing guy recently, when I watched Pinocchio and Emergency Couple. In Pinocchio, he had very little screen time and yet he managed to capture the hearts of many fans (from different age groups) with his depiction of the no-nonsense Captain with a tinge of humor. :x  I went on to watch The Sons of Sol Pharmacy House and I Believe In Love and he's great in these too! :)

This guy is definitely male lead material, I do hope he has the chance in the near future. Quoting @kyung-jin 's post above, what dramafever said,
"He has stolen my heart over and over again.". My sentiments exactly. :x :x

I'm practically counting down to the premier of Who Are You School 2015, it'll really be interesting to see how he's like as a teacher and I do hope it a pivotable role too!  =D>

Golden Era of Daughter In Law

17190139705_2aef6a1521_b_d.jpg

17002411848_819fc2f4a2_o_d.jpg

Drama Title: 며느리 전성시대 / Golden Era of Daughter in Law

Also known as: Daughter in Law's Golden Age, Daughters in-law

Genre: Romance

Episodes: 54

Broadcast period: 2007-Jul-28 to 2008-Jan-24

Synopsis

Jo Mi Jin is a new employee of an apparel company who later then becomes the daughter-in-law of a family running a pork hock restaurant with a 60 year old tradition. Lee Bok Soo, the eldest son of the family, is a planning director at the company Mi Jin works at. The drama will revolve around the life of a new generation daughter-in-law. Things get complicated when Mi Jin's older brother, In Woo (Lee Pil Mo), falls for Bok Soo's younger sister, Bok Nam, and they decide to get married. How will both families adjust to being in-laws with each other again?

Source: DramaWiki

Edited by straylamb

16570343923_e2492c690c_b_d.jpg

17188876862_0e844fbb28_o_d.jpg

Drama Title: You Are My Destiny | You Are My Life

Revised romanization: Neoneun nae unmyeong

Hangul: 너는 내 운명 / 너는내운명

Director: Kim Myung-Wook

Writer: Moon Eun-Ah

Network: KBS

Episodes: 178

Release Date: May 5, 2008 - January 9, 2009

Runtime: Mon. - Fri. 20:25

Language: Korean

Plot

Jang Sae-Byeok (Yoona), a very cheerful and positive girl, tries to find a new meaning in life after she receives an eye cornea transplant from another girl of the same age. To express thanks to the donor's family, Jang Sae-Byeok visits the donor's family of the dead girl, Na-yeong. But Na-Young's parents who even have no idea that their daughter was killed by traffic accident are shocked to fall in a faint. But as time goes by, Jang Sae-Byeok becomes close with Na-Young's family and the family, who become to be aware that Jang Sae-Byeok is an orphan, slowly accepts her as a daughter.

Source: AsianWiki

Video: KBS World TV have this drama on Youtube with Eng sub :)

This drama is Yoona's (SNSD) first drama as a female lead. Lee Pil Mo acts as Tae Young (Na Young's brother), who is a teacher and he falls in love with his student's mother (a single mother).

Edited by straylamb

Lee Pil Mo 's upcoming drama,

Who Are You: School 2015 , 후아유: 학교 2015 .

Here's the trailer:

Edited by straylamb

The Sons of Sol Pharmacy House

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3/f17e543ceb9ee46a2c5f9c7f53c15ebd1255384849_full.jpg

http://allkoreandrama.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/my-too-perfect-sons-1.jpg

Drama Title: 솔약국집 아들들 / The Sons of Sol Pharmacy House / My Too Perfect Sons / 松藥店的兒子們

Genre: Romance, family

Episodes: 54

Broadcast period: 2009-April-11 to 2009-Oct-11

Air time: Saturday & Sunday 19:55

Synopsis :

The Song family is headed by patriarch Kwang-ho and spunky mother Ok-hee. They have four sons—Jin-poong, Dae-poong, Sun-poong and Mi-poong. Ok-hee has doted on her four sons all their lives, but has interfered with their relationships when deeming the girlfriends "not good enough" for her perfect sons. Now she despairs that they are growing older and will never marry.

Eldest son Jin-poong is nearing his 40th birthday. He's a pharmacist whose store is in the same neighborhood as his home. His personality is shy and awkward around women, although he's a gentle and caring person. He's never quite gotten over his first love Kim Hye-rim, and feels conflicted when she moves back to her childhood home across the street from the pharmacy, along with her husband Brutus and their two children. Then Jin-poong meets Brutus's younger sister Lee Soo-jin, a smart, tough lawyer.

Second son Dae-poong (Lee Pil Mo) is a doctor (pediatrician) who gets out of scrapes with his boyish charm. He runs a small clinic right above Jin-poong's pharmacy, with one employee, nurse Kim Bok-shil. Bok-shil doesn't have any family and lives by herself in an apartment in the neighborhood, and comes by to the Song household daily to help their mother cook and clean. Dae-poong takes Bok-shil for granted, not knowing that she's very in love with him.

Third son Sun-poong is a vegetarian and animal-lover who works as a news reporter at broadcast station KBC. He's earnest, sweet, honest, and a little dense when it comes to romance. Sun-poong's direct boss, TV station director Oh Young-dal sets him up with his daughter, newcomer actress Eun-ji. Eun-ji has a spoiled princess complex and she doesn't think Sun-poong is her type, but when he doesn't seem interested in her, her ego takes a blow and his obliviousness makes him attractive to her.

The youngest son is 19-year-old Mi-poong, who just graduated from high school and has failed to be accepted to university, so he's in the middle of studying for a retest. He's extremely sensitive, and speaks to everyone in super-formal language. Gifted in sewing and crafts, Mi-poong often gets mocked for being too girly. Mi-poong's best friend Park Yong-chul got a girl, Choi Soo-hee pregnant, and she leaves her five-month-old baby Hana with him. As Yong-chul works multiple jobs to earn money, Mi-poong looks after Hana and grows attached to the baby. When Yong-chul receives his army papers, Mi-poong agrees to take care of Hana until he gets discharged.

Source: KoreanDrama.org , Wikipedia

The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry

http://www.hancinema.net/photos/photo106846.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm96/javabeans122/drama/2010/still/stillmarry_24.jpg

Drama: 아직도 결혼하고 싶은 여자 / Still, Marry me / The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry / 還想結婚的女人

romanization: Ajikdo Gyeolhonhago Sipeun Yeoja

Hangul: 아직도 결혼하고 싶은 여자

Director: Kim Min-Sik

Writer: Kim In-Young

Network: MBC

Episodes: 16

Release Date: January 20 - March 11, 2010

Runtime: Wednesday & Thursday 21:55

"Still, Marry me" centers around three woman who are all aged 36 and pretend to know everything about life ...

Lee Shin-Young (Park Jin-Hee) works as a reporter for TV broadcasting company UBN. At the age of 36 she is still single, but maintains a positive and bright character. 2 years ago she was sent overseas to train at the UBN's Washington D.C. bureau and, because of this, broke off her relationship with her fiance Yoon Sang-Woo ( Lee Pil-Mo). Now that Shing-Young is back in Korea she receives a wedding invitation from her ex-fiance. With so much stress from work Shin-Young starts to develop Bell's Palsy (uncontrollable facial contortions) and, because of this, can't work. Desperate for love she then meets a man 12 years younger, named Ha Min-Jae (Kim Beom), who just may be the man for her.

Jung Da-Jung (Uhm Ji-Won) works as a Korean-English translator and is also good friends with Lee Shin-Young. She's a bit naive, not having dated much up to this point, but hopes to find a rich handsome man. Jung Da-Jung also hopes to marry this year. She then meets oriental doctor Na Ban-Seok (Choi Cheol-Ho) on a blind date and they seem to click. Shortly later, Na Ban-Seok proposes to her and they get married. Jung Da-Jung soon learns that marriage may not be all that it's cracked up to be.

Kim Bu-Gi (Wang Bit-Na) works as a popular restaurant consultant. After breaking off her engagement to a man she dated for 10 years, she starts to mentor good friends Lee Shin-Young & Jung Da-Jung. Then one day, a baby appears on her doorstep.

Source: AsianWiki.com

Edited by straylamb

Kim Su Ro

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3/f3d2bb68b7563710b6d5504be5e1c7bf1273704642_full.jpg

Drama Title: 김수로 / Kim Su-Ro The Iron King / 金首露

Director: Choi Jong-Su, Jang Soo-Bong

Writer: Kim Mi-Suk

Episodes: 32

Release Date: May 29, 2010 - September 18, 2010

Runtime: Saturdays & Sundays 21:45

Synopsis:

The ₩20 billion-budget historical drama charts the life of Kim Su-ro, who unified 12 small countries to become the legendary founder and ruler of Geumgwan Gaya, the city-state of the Gaya confederacy which dominated sea trade and iron working during the Three Kingdoms Period in the 5th century. Kim Su-ro's fiery temperament, charisma and intelligence are his only defense in an extended political struggle, with competition for the throne from his half-brother and lifelong rival, Ijinashi (first king of the state of Daegaya), his former friend Seok Tal-hae (Lee Pil Mo) , and the dangerous ambitions of Shingwi Ghan.

Source: AsianWiki.com , Wikipedia 

Edited by straylamb

Believe in Love

http://www.fotothing.com/photos/e3d/e3d078854fa5321ddece85c91d33b7cf_cfc.jpg

http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/mw600/83588b2bjw1djnpm1thgtj.jpg

Title: 사랑을 믿어요 / Sarangeul Mideoyo / Believe in Love / My Love, My Family / 相信愛

Genre: Family, Romance

Episodes: 62

Broadcast Network: KBS2

Broadcast period: 2011-Jan-01 to 2011-July-31

Air time: Saturday & Sunday 19:55

Source:

KoreanDrama.org

Synopsis:

In this drama, high school vice principal Kim Young Ho and his 4 children struggle to resolve their problems. Choi Yoon Hee (Hwang Woo Seul Hye) is Kim's adopted daughter. Yoon Hee's parents died in an accident years ago when she was in high school and Kim, who was her teacher then, adopted her and cared for her as his own daughter.

Kim Woo Jin (Lee Pil Mo) is Kim's nephew and he met Yoon Hee for the first time when she was in high school, and he was in university. Woo Jin left for the US soon after, and only returned 10 years later. He met Yoon Hee again, they became loggerheads, and eventually fell in love!

Preview ep20:

Preview Ep22:

Edited by straylamb

2011~ 2012

Lights and Shadows

http://www.koreandrama.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Lights-and-Shadows10.jpg

http://www.koreandrama.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Lights-and-Shadows-Poster-4.jpg

Drama Title: Lights and Shadows / Bichgwa Geulimja / 빛과 그림자 / 光與影
Director: Lee Joo-Hwan, Yoon Ji-Hoon, Lee Sang-Yeob
Writer: Choi Wan-Kyu
Episodes: 64
Release Date: November 28, 2011 - July 3, 2012
Runtime: Mondays & Tuesdays 21:55

Lights and Shadows storyline covers the 50 years period from 1960s to present day. With major historical incidents such as Vietnam War, May 16 military coup d’etat and the assassination of Korean President Park Chung-hee as background, the drama gives viewers an opportunity to look back contemporary history through observing people living in the shackling era.
The drama focuses on the world of mass culture and arts during the era, as the entertainment need of the public was fulfilled through theater before the popularity of TV. It probes the meaning of live through performing group at Chungmuro film studio and all over the country, and the love and desire between people.
“Lights and Shadows” tells the life of Kang Ki-Tae (played by Ahn Jae-Wook) who debuted as a entertainer at American military base stage for American soldiers and troops, and later works in show business. He is widely regarded as the godfather of the entertainment industry.
Soo-Hyuk (Lee Pil-Mo) is discharged from the army and comes to Soonyang. Soo-Hyuk's mother has worked at Ki-Tae's house for a long time as a maid. Soo-Hyuk is smart and graduated from a prestigious university, but has an inferiority complex due ot his poor background. Soo-Hyuk is then offered a job by politician Jang Chul-Hwan. Both Ki Tae and Soo Hyuk developed feelings for rookie actress Lee Jung-Hye (Nam Sang-Mi).

Source: AsianWiki.com

This is the first time Lee Pil Mo challenged the role of a "bad guy", and is one of his favourite characters he has acted as.

Edited by straylamb

Emergency Couple

http://img.dramarecap.com/2014/03/06/tpmejv.jpg

https://theviolentone.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/1069.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/7a/1f/fa/7a1ffa7f0f33973cc0c06605cf3af896.jpg

Drama: Emergency Couple / Eunggeubnamnyeo / 응급남녀 / 急診男女
Director: Kim Cheol-Kyu
Writer: Choi Yoon-Jung
Network: tvN
Episodes: 21
Release Date: January 24 - April 5, 2014
Runtime: Fri & Sat 20:50

Jin-Hee (Song Ji-Hyo) met medical school student Chang-Min (Choi Jin-Hyuk). Despite his wealthy family's strong opposition, Jin-Hee and Chang-Min got married. Chang Min’s family cuts him off and he is forced to drop of medical school and go to work as a pharmaceutical sales rep, but the strains and pressures from his family finally wear on the couple, and Chang Min and Jin Hee divorce. After they separate, Chang Min returns to his medical education and Jin Hee also puts herself through medical school. 6 Years later, they meet up again unexpectedly when they both start their internships in the emergency department of a hospital.
Gook Cheon-Soo (Lee Pil Mo) is a no-nonsense doctor. Chief Gook in charge of the emergency room's new interns and ends up in a love triangle with Jin-Hee and Chang Min. Shim Ji Hye (Choi Yeo Jin) is the ex-girlfriend of Chief Gook and is an assistant professor of surgery at the same hospital where Chang Min and Jin Hee become interns. She’s very responsible when it comes to work and caring to their patient’s condition which sometimes leads her to gets mad at the interns. She still has feelings for Chief Gook but she just stays as his friend who supports him every time. Ji Hye knows that Gook likes Jin Hee and cheers for them though she might get hurt. She’s a good friend to Gook and to the interns as well.

Source: AsianWiki.com and Viki

Ep1:

Edited by straylamb

Pinocchio

sbs-pinocchio-press-conference-allcast4.

photo Screenshot_2015-02-13-13-46-19_zps5afa8688.png

17002626110_f87d77bb76_o_d.jpg

Title: 피노키오 / Pinocchio
Genre: Fantasy, romance, family
Episodes: 20
Broadcast network: SBS
Broadcast period: 2014-Nov-12 to 2015-Jan-15
Air time: Wednesday & Thursday 22:00

Pinocchio depicts love, frustration, growth and the competitive process of the young intern reporters as they cry and get hurt by truth but realize that as reporters, they must tell the truth. It revolves about how life's at stakes if lies are reported as news and focus is shifted away from the truth.

The story starts with a fire accident and all the firemen who entered the building in the blaze were killed by the fire. Kim Ha Myung's father, chief of the firemen team was blamed for causing the death of his fellow firemen as reported by the news reporter, Song Cha Ok. This caused a chaotic situation for Ha Myung's (Lee Jong Suk) family and end up causing his mother to commit suicide with him by jumping off the cliff. Ha Hyung is saved by Choi In Ha's (Park Shin Hye) grandfather from the sea. In Ha is a girl with Pinocchio Syndrome (she cannot lie as she will start having hiccups everytime she lies). In Ha and Ha Myung then grew up together. 13 years later, Both In Ha and Ha Myung became intern reporters. Ha Hyung discovered that Cha Ok, the reporter he hated, is actually In Ha's mother. As the story unfolds, In Ha and Ha Myung sets to find out the truth before the news reports of the fire accident which changed their lives.

As interns, they met other intern reporters like Yoon Yoo-Rae (Lee Yoo-Bi) and Seo Bum-Jo (Kim Young-Kwang), and Captain Hwang Gyo-Dong (Lee Pil Mo), who leads the team of intern reporter. Cap Hwang later develops a love interest for Yoo Rae.

Source: Drama Wiki 

Cap and Yoo Rae's moments:

Full Ep 2 with Eng Sub:

Edited by straylamb