Lee Pil Mo 이필모 - Current Variety Show: Taste of Love on TV Chosun

Guest Yin_Ying

8 hours ago, papermall said:

New Drama Alert! 

Return of the Lucky Pot starring Kang Seong-yeon, Ko Se-won, Song Seon-mi and Lee Pil-mo

I am glad he is getting work. He has a new role and this time he will play a husband but he is nice, "hardworking and polite". Unfortunately, I am not interested in this drama but I hope to see some Lee Pil Mo`s scenes. I did that with two of his old dramas, I watched his scenes and was enough.

20170405075604179.jpg

http://news.jtbc.joins.com/article/article.aspx?news_id=NB11449581

3 hours ago, larus said:

I am glad he is getting work. He has a new role and this time he will play a husband but he is nice, "hardworking and polite". Unfortunately, I am not interested in this drama but I hope to see some Lee Pil Mo`s scenes. I did that with two of his old dramas, I watched his scenes and was enough.

Its sounds like another family drama - I will give it a chance since Lee Pil Mo is one of the main lead. I just hope the drama is less than 30 episodes. 

Kwon Seong-chang is the director, he directed 'One More Happy Ending' - so I'm excited about the imagery and setting.  

I never watched anything from the other leads, I hope their acting is good and i'm not so sure about the writer, I don't want to see another character with a tragic end. If so, I'll also end up watching his scenes only. lol. 

20 hours ago, papermall said:

Its sounds like another family drama - I will give it a chance since Lee Pil Mo is one of the main lead. I just hope the drama is less than 30 episodes. 

Kwon Seong-chang is the director, he directed 'One More Happy Ending' - so I'm excited about the imagery and setting.  

I never watched anything from the other leads, I hope their acting is good and i'm not so sure about the writer, I don't want to see another character with a tragic end. If so, I'll also end up watching his scenes only. lol. 

It is a daily drama from Monday to Friday and I think it is shorter , like 30 minutes per episode. The drama has 120 episodes.  If we count, they will be on screen the same amount as a 50 episode family drama. I never heard of any actors except Lee Pil Mo but not the actors are the problem but the plot. I barely get used to family dramas. I guess some daily dramas are interesting but they are not my cup of tea. From the character synopsis, it doesn`t sound a tragic role for Lee Pil mo but I hope he has a meatier role.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, larus said:

It is a daily drama from Monday to Friday and I think it is shorter , like 30 minutes per episode. The drama has 120 episodes.  If we count, they will be on screen the same amount as a 50 episode family drama. I never heard of any actors except Lee Pil Mo but not the actors are the problem but the plot. I barely get used to family dramas. I guess some daily dramas are interesting but they are not my cup of tea. From the character synopsis, it doesn`t sound a tragic role for Lee Pil mo but I hope he has a meatier role.

120 episodes whoa!...ya I can't put that much of my time and we all know the story progression will be really slow. I guess i'll be watching clips as well, this is a big role for him to take on since his debut with the weekend dramas. I agree about the meatier role, the writer should use his talents well, he is really good at bringing out people's emotions - I can't wait till May comes around :) 

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, papermall said:

First pics and video from the up coming MBC Drama - I Love You Dan-Ji  - 단지 널 사랑해 / Danji Neol Saranghae ( Drama title change!) :)

The first stills were released. It is good to see Lee Pil Mo again. Hope his role here is not a tragic one.  I think his last role as Hyun ki was the saddest role he had so far. His character had a tragic end in Lights and Shadows but in my opinion, Hyun ki had such a sad destiny.  I really enjoyed his performance in Happy Home but a lighter role is needed sometime. :D I will not watch the drama but I want to see his scenes.

I recognized an actress at 0:08. She will be his partner in the new drama?

This picture... B) He is at the dog exhibition? It was tagged as Songdo Pet Care Festival. 

The dog is an Afghan and look at the elegance of that breed. The Afgans seems to be aloof but they are joyful dogs. :)

More pictures from the festival.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2017 at 5:30 PM, larus said:

The first stills were released. It is good to see Lee Pil Mo again. Hope his role here is not a tragic one.  I think his last role as Hyun ki was the saddest role he had so far. His character had a tragic end in Lights and Shadows but in my opinion, Hyun ki had such a sad destiny.  I really enjoyed his performance in Happy Home but a lighter role is needed sometime. :D I will not watch the drama but I want to see his scenes.

I recognized an actress at 0:08. She will be his partner in the new drama?

This picture... B) He is at the dog exhibition? It was tagged as Songdo Pet Care Festival. 

The dog is an Afghan and look at the elegance of that breed. The Afgans seems to be aloof but they are joyful dogs. :)

More pictures from the festival.

I don't think she is her partner (I could be wrong).

From the plot summary - it seems the other girl (Kang Seong-yeon) will play his wife and partner.

But the summary is so confusing, since it says she will meet a prince fallen down which is played by (Ko Se-won), and he will fall in love with her. 

It could be the normal cheating kdramas again - not sure who cheats on who. I hope its not Pil Mo's character, a repeat of Happy Home. I'm not looking forward to see another Hyun ki with a tragic end. 

And... Those dogs look amazing - I'm glad he is dog person like me...LOL

11 hours ago, papermall said:

It could be the normal cheating kdramas again - not sure who cheats on who. I hope its not Pil Mo's character, a repeat of Happy Home. I'm not looking forward to see another Hyun ki with a tragic end. 

Nothing can top Hyun Ki`s tragic destiny. Being raised by a demanding single mother and craving for affection, then finding happiness but losing that again when his child died, his marriage crumbling and then dying from cancer.

I read that his character will be a good man and not a corporate director this time in the drama. If his wife will fall in love with somebody-else, I could see some heartache for his character. Maybe he will find love again after that.  I love watching him in all kind of roles so I will take everything except for a script who will waste his talent. But I understand perfectly your wish for a happy ending this time. I have a feeling that this drama won`t be tragic, but who knows?

I checked the drama again.Yes, it seams that Lee Pil Mo`s character is married with the protagonist and the other actress, Song Seon Mi, plays the wife of the man who will fall in love with Dan Ji. I like both second leads more in this drama. Hope they have scenes together too. Maybe they will end up together and heal their broken hearts. :lol:

• Like 1

Posters from Lee Pil Mo`s latest drama MBC Return of Bok Dan ji

Return-of-Bok-Dan-Ji-2.jpg

Return-of-Bok-Dan-Ji-3.jpg

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/3-main-posters-for-mbc-drama-series-return-of-bok-dan-ji

Why so serious? It is a melodrama? I had a feeling it won`t be a fun drama. I am OK with melodramas but I want to  see Lee Pil Mo in a romantic comedy or a romance drama. :wink:

• Like 1

Here is the first trailer - http://tv.naver.com/v/1650759/list/126954

You maybe right it seems the characters played by Lee Pil Mo and Song Seon Mi were past lovers or will be cheaters on their spouses.

It doesn't look like romance comedy, it is a melodrama - the trailer looks pretty serious, 4 people in love in each others partner. 

I'm not a fan of these types of stories but I will watch his scenes, it seems pretty serious. Kinda of like happy home and I hope there is no terminal illness.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, papermall said:

Here is the first trailer - http://tv.naver.com/v/1650759/list/126954

You maybe right it seems the characters played by Lee Pil Mo and Song Seon Mi were past lovers or will be cheaters on their spouses.

It doesn't look like romance comedy, it is a melodrama - the trailer looks pretty serious, 4 people in love in each others partner. 

I'm not a fan of these types of stories but I will watch his scenes, it seems pretty serious. Kinda of like happy home and I hope there is no terminal illness.  

I watch the trailer. He will play a cheater again? I think it is different from his last role. His character is in love with that woman and it seams that there is a lot of passion between them. In the trailer she is showing more feelings but I think that both have reciprocitate feelings, they will have this forbidden love. Too bad they will hurt their current partner. For so many episodes, it has to be lots of obstacle for the protagonists. I wonder if Lee Pil Mo`s character had a past love story with Song Seon Mi`s character. She is from a rich family and he was a son of a small business that failed. Maybe they found each other again after some time but that is not a reason to cheat.  I think all four characters are good people but with many weaknesses, it wil be lots of heartbreak but I don`t think it will be tragic. 

For this type of stories there is a lot of heartbreak and  there won`t be a totally bad person who is easy to hate. It is always hard when all are in esence a good person.  I also won`t watch the drama but I will watch his scenes.

• Like 1

2nd teaser trailer - http://tv.naver.com/v/1657111/list/126954

@larus you were right- they did have a past, but it seems Pil Mo's character moved on with Kang Sung-Yeon's character but Song Seon Mi's character is trying to hold on to him. 

If you watch the trailer, him falling down at the end - wedding scene (Does he have an Illness?). 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, papermall said:

2nd teaser trailer - http://tv.naver.com/v/1657111/list/126954

@larus you were right- they did have a past, but it seems Pil Mo's character moved on with Kang Sung-Yeon's character but Song Seon Mi's character is trying to hold on to him. 

If you watch the trailer, him falling down at the end - wedding scene (Does he have an Illness?). 

It is difficult for a marriage when there are differences in the social class, espcecially in these melodramas. As we saw from the trailer, his family does not accept her either.The rich girl really loved him but it becomes a little obsessive, she doesn`t seems to move on in a healthy way. She has the mark of a multiple cuts on her wrist. She tried to suicide. She will marry a chaebol heir but I am sure she still has Min Gyu (Lee Pil Mo`s character) in her heart. I am not sure about Min Gyu. He seems to move on and he will marry a good woman but I see a sadness on his face too. The scene where they were riding the bike, there is a contrast in the two of the them.

Something is happening at the wedding scene with Min Gyu. I really hope it is not an illness.

If the show will not give Min Gyu a chance to either reunite with his old love or move on after the divorce, his fate will not be a happy one. The first leads will be together in the end so there is no option for him. Everything is better than death.

Watching the trailers, the drama gives me a heavy and sad  vibe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, larus said:

It is difficult for a marriage when there are differences in the social class, espcecially in these melodramas. As we saw from the trailer, his family does not accept her either.The rich girl really loved him but it becomes a little obsessive, she doesn`t seems to move on in a healthy way. She has the mark of a multiple cuts on her wrist. She tried to suicide. She will marry a chaebol heir but I am sure she still has Min Gyu (Lee Pil Mo`s character) in her heart. I am not sure about Min Gyu. He seems to move on and he will marry a good woman but I see a sadness on his face too. The scene where they were riding the bike, there is a contrast in the two of the them.

Something is happening at the wedding scene with Min Gyu. I really hope it is not an illness.

If the show will not give Min Gyu a chance to either reunite with his old love or move on after the divorce, his fate will not be a happy one. The first leads will be together in the end so there is no option for him. Everything is better than death.

Watching the trailers, the drama gives me a heavy and sad  vibe.

Same here, Min Gyu story from what I get from trailers is giving me a heavy and sad vibe. 

On 5/11/2017 at 2:50 PM, larus said:

It long preview looks like Pil Mo's character will have to go through a lot. It doesn't look like he will cheat, but it will be the center plot of the antagonists using it for divorce of the main characters. 

But i'm kind of disappointed with the plot - its similar to all the other kdramas, rich vs. poor. 

I hope the preview is misleading. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2017 at 6:10 AM, papermall said:

Cute BTS pic from the girl who plays Lee Pil Mo's daughter in Return of Bok Dan-Ji

It`s cute. It is acting in the drama but he looks really good with kids in real life. I wish he will find love and have a kid. He will be a great dad.

Now ... how it is the drama? I only watched a few scenes and read a little on the thread. I can`t believe that this drama is not being translated.

Hope for next role he will be on a prime time show.

21 hours ago, larus said:

It`s cute. It is acting in the drama but he looks really good with kids in real life. I wish he will find love and have a kid. He will be a great dad.

Now ... how it is the drama? I only watched a few scenes and read a little on the thread. I can`t believe that this drama is not being translated.

Hope for next role he will be on a prime time show.

Hi Larus, I watched a couple episodes myself and honestly for some reason I'm not into this drama. I think its mainly because of story line and how the characters could have been used differently, or maybe I can't relate to them. I stopped watching but I sometimes watch the clips/previews out of curiosity - hoping to see a cool dramatic scene. lol

Im not sure why Pil Mo would choose this role after choosing a remarkable character in Happy Home. Min Gyu doesn't seem to bring out his talent as a actor. It seems he is also repeating a character who may have a terminal illness (not sure about this). 

Someone from another thread said he may leave the drama around 20 something episodes, but I could not find any sources on this. 

Yes, I agree,  prime time and I hope he chooses something more appealing and controversial (good way) on his next role that can bring out his talents.