Shin Min A 신민아

eilasa

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shin Min Ah is one of those actresses that I consider to be pretty when she has no makeup on. However, it is really irritating when people compare her to SHG and saying that Shin Min Ah is not as gorgeous as SHG. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the people who says negative things about Shin Min Ah are just biased since they are so into SHG being with Bi after Full House. I get the feeling that most fans feel that she is inferior to SHG and some people should really stop dissing Shin Min Ah since she has done nothing wrong. I went to Asianfanatics and saw a lot of people comparing her with SHG and dissing Shin Min Ah saying that she is ugly or not pretty and so forth just because she is Bi's love interest in his new drama. Shin Min Ah is not ugly, if she is ugly like they said then I do not know what beauty is. I respect that people love Bi and SHG together although I do not like it, but please stop dissing Shin Min Ah and make stupid comparisons between the two actresses since they are totally different each with their own unique beauty.

Guest Airine Pratama

Shin Min Ah is one of those actresses that I consider to be pretty when she has no makeup on. However, it is really irritating when people compare her to SHG and saying that Shin Min Ah is not as gorgeous as SHG. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the people who says negative things about Shin Min Ah are just biased since they are so into SHG being with Bi after Full House. I get the feeling that most fans feel that she is inferior to SHG and some people should really stop dissing Shin Min Ah since she has done nothing wrong. I went to Asianfanatics and saw a lot of people comparing her with SHG and dissing Shin Min Ah saying that she is ugly or not pretty and so forth just because she is Bi's love interest in his new drama. Shin Min Ah is not ugly, if she is ugly like they said then I do not know what beauty is. I respect that people love Bi and SHG together although I do not like it, but please stop dissing Shin Min Ah and make stupid comparisons between the two actresses since they are totally different each with their own unique beauty.

I do feel the same way too ... Just hate that comparing thing ... Well comparing is OK but without bashing ...

I also like SMA better than SHG ...

i didn't see the comparison they made about SMA n SHG..

i thnk both of them have their own beauty.. both are cute..

as for who's a better actress? im not really sure.. cos i haven't really seen SMA act.. but i really like her image!!

can't wait 4 IJUKSA!!

October 29, 2005

Korean Weekly News - 10/30

TV DRAMA WRAPUP

lovetokill.jpg

The biggest story of the week was the introduction to the press of Jung Ji-Hoon's (Singer Rain's real name) latest TV Drama, 이 죽일 놈의 사랑 (A Love To Kill). Jung, who is a hugely popular R&B singer and acted in a couple of successful TV Dramas so far, will play a K-1 fighter who tries to get revenge on the woman - played by Shin Min-Ah - who betrayed his brother. Obviously, they fall for each other!

Of course anything starring the bulky singer-turned-actor would attract attention, but - in another sign that Trendy Drama are starting to follow the trend nowadays, rather than setting new ones up - the fact he's playing a K-1 Fighter says a lot about the kind of marketing techniques that go behind making Trendy Dramas like this popular. Who's the hottest sportsman in the country right now - other than the usual suspects Park Ji-Sung, Lee Young-Pyo, and female golfers? 'Techno Goliath' Choi Hong-Man, the gigantic former Ssirum champion who left the traditional sport to pursue a career in the popular Martial Arts event. He beat sumo legend Akebono in the most boring fight I've ever seen, and went to bigger success in the competition, becoming a sort of national hero.

But pitfalls of the genre aside, the show does sound interesting, for a change. Of course Rain doesn't have much of an acting talent (I'd say he doesn't have much singing talent either, but mainstream K-Pop doesn't require much in the way of singing skills. You just need to be bulky, sexy, and dance well), but he does have quite the amount of screen presence. And if directed REALLY well, he can deliver in certain roles, like the conman in 상구야, 학교가자! (Sang-Doo, Let's Go To School). Plus the idea of seeing the guy getting beat up left and right by fighters twice his size sounds kind of entertaining.

But seriously, there's some decent talent in front and behind the camera. For starters, the cast. Shin Min-Ah has improved by leaps and bounds in the last 3 years, and she's beginning to show a little acting range as well. Of course she was probably picked for her youthful beauty, but the recent success - no huge hits, but no flops either - of her films are moving her up the ladder in Chungmuro and Yeouido (the TV Drama equivalent of Chungmuro, the district in Seoul which hosts the HQ of two of the major three TV stations). Then there's Lee Gi-Woo, the incredibly tall newcomer who might not have much range, but has good screen presence, as he showed in Hong Sang-Soo's 극장전 (Tale of Cinema). The other two main leads are just pretty faces whose potential (or lack thereof) is all to be discovered. But veterans like Park In-Hwan and capable supporting leads like Kang Rae-Yeon and Kim Sa-Rang make things a little better.

Plus, writer Lee Kyung-Hee is one of the better (or should I say 'lesser evil') writers in the Trendy Drama sphere. Of course she's never written any classic, but has made good works with good frequency, like one episode of the omnibus 떨리는 가슴 (Six Love Stories, MBC 2005), last year's super hit 미안하다, 사랑한다 (I'm Sorry, I Love You) and PD Park Sung-Soo's 나는 달린다 (Running After a Dream). She has interesting ideas not always conforming to Trendy Drama tropes, and tends to keep the tearjerking shenanigans in check. The PD is more of a question mark, but I trust Kim Gyu-Tae could go back to his great work in 노란 손수건 (Yellow Handkerchief, KBS 2003), quickly forgetting that mess he partaked in called 러브홀릭 (Loveholic, KBS 2005). 'A Love To Kill' debuts on KBS next November 7.

From various source, posted by X at http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/003989.html

Guest pinklily

I actually think Shin Min Ah is really pretty. I don't get the whole comparison thing either. I love Song Hye Kyo and she's my favorite Korean actress, but both her and Bi are actors - they're going to star in projects with other people.

SHG and SMA are totally different from one another. some fans tend to diss other actors or actresses just because they're so into their own drama couple, which is very immature.

as for me, i like SMA better :)

=================================================

Shin Min Ah's Filmography

poster033051-k1.jpg

Beast and Beauty (2005)

Starring: Ryu Seung-Beom , KIm Kang Woo , Shin Min Ah

Director: -

Genre: Comedy , Romance

poster_1.jpg

Sad Movie (2005)

Starring: Jung Woo-Sung , Im Soo-Jung , Cha Tae-Hyun , Shin Min-Ah , Lee Ki-Woo , Yeom Jung-Ah , Son Tei-Young

Director: Kwon Jong-Kwan

poster4.jpg

A Bittersweet Life (2005)

Starring : Lee Byung-Hun , Shin Min-Ah , Eric Mun

Director : Kim Ji-Woon

008mov2.jpg

Madeleine (2003)

Starring: Jo In-Sung , Shin Min-Ah

Director: Park Gwang-Chun

Genre: Romance , Drama

hsg.jpg

Volcano High (2001)

Starring: Jang Hyuk , Shin Min-Ah , Heo Jun-Ho

Director: Kim Tae-Gyun

Genre: Action, Sci-fi, Martial

Previous Dramas

007menupict.jpg

SBS : Punch (2003)

http://tv.sbs.co.kr/punch

011drama1.jpg

SBS : Beautiful Days (2001)

http://www.sbs.co.kr/tv/beautiday

Source: http://www.popcornfor2.com/stars/ShinMinAh.php

SHG and SMA are totally different from one another. some fans tend to diss other actors or actresses just because they're so into their own drama couple, which is very immature.

as for me, i like SMA better :)

agree, plus she's taller too :P

Guest minjung313

y isnt this girl's thread on page number one?!?! Shes beautiful. And shes a great actress. And more than beauty....shes also got spunk~~~ I LIKEY! ~

Archived