Copycat Of Big Bang Surfaces In China, Band Is Called OK Bang

Peekabooitzme

Guest faithful2u

First it was So Nyeo Shi Dae, then 2NE1. China’s music industry strikes again, their newest target at cloning: Big Bang. Meet OK Bang. With China’s burgeoning Cpop music industry looking toward South Korea’s successful formula and market for examples of developing idol superstardom, this was not unexpected. Their male idol band of choice was Big Bang, the recently debuted OK Bang has 5 members and their fashion, hairstyles, singing style, and even their music video is very similiar to those of Big Bang. The Chinese Entertainment company backing OK Bang is said to have spent a lot of money training the members of the group in physical fitness, personal appearance, vocals, dancing, and even how to act while on variety shows or during interviews. They even hired a Korean trainer to help mold the band.

I think we know what happens between SNSD and Idol girls, but where did 2NE1 came from? which Chinese group copied them? inform me plz!

Someone provide this Music video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrBI33QBhAE

If they are blind or not, Ok-bang have five members right? then why the fk only one person that's singing in that Music Video? We can't make any judgement right now since Ok Bang haven't release any songs, well we will have to wait until they release some music...btw there are some copy cats in Chinese industry but they don't really make far...like less than a month then go down or even none, and with the low popularity of Idol Groups in China (although it's rising lately, i think). Copy-Cat Groups won't make far. Why don't we just relax and drink some tea, cuz those lame copy groups can't even reach lvl 1 in the industry so stop worrying that they will somehow replace your Kpop artist :P. PeacE!

I did a quick search on them...it seems that the member "Zero" had a car accident...broken bone? ouch.. hope he's ok..

新闻 OkBang成员惨遭车祸 成员五缺一改组上…(2009-12-17 18:16)

标签:娱乐

新闻 http://ent.haoting.com/news_info/2009121714002.htm

OkBang成员ZERO艾俊龙

前不久新锐团体OkBang在前往某综艺节目路程中遭受车祸,成员(小龙)艾俊龙因车内座位靠前,在司机刹车霎那间不幸遇难遭受闯击造成左手肘部骨折,及时送往医院勘察治疗,其他成员均为轻微受伤。让当天通告受阻录制,经纪公司连忙前往医院看护受伤成员艾俊龙,目前伤势稳定,由医院安排修养之中,而经纪人因近期通告满档,作为未发片的新人团体而通告饱受满档的重要因素之下,公司紧急改变策略配合后面工作正常进行,经过严密大会讨论,最终在不必耽误OkBang的发展前提,经纪人冒险下策延后通告中将可能采取五位成员改组缺一阵容出席通告。让前景光芒的新人OkBang团体大受危机,备感周折。希望此次事件告诫娱乐圈名人无论在通告路程,或者生活期间,都要遵纪守法,文明驾车.不要在一时冲动,

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest flyxme.

dude, its only a freaking name. this group is just a contestant of a talent show in china. and the name is not even a "copy" of big bang.

please, korea has got to stop thinking everyone is copying them. big bang is farrrr from original (though i love them).

thank gawddd :)

and maybe its just me, but the ok bang boys are frigginnn cute

5 members, hiphoppyy style, DOES NOT EQUAL BIG BANG.

plus they look JAPANESE ;P

I think we know what happens between SNSD and Idol girls, but where did 2NE1 came from? which Chinese group copied them? inform me plz!

Not Chinese that was accused but a Thai group. As like other groups accused, these girls were being bashed as well. Well that's youtube what do we expect. :lol:

Guest yoonhye

the funniest thing is that the name OK BANG isn't even supposed to be a copy of BIG BANG..

OK BANG MEANS BANDAID IN CHINESE

please, people. get your facts straight.

such a pity.. lost in translation :(

Not Chinese that was accused but a Thai group. As like other groups accused, these girls were being bashed as well. Well that's youtube what do we expect. :lol:

Then why are people saying it was the chinese that copied 2NE1???

and OH-MY-GAWD those girls are far from original

YG molded them after TLC, CL tries to rap just like Left Eye and that style is swagger jacked from TLC, MC LYTE, Lil Mama, SWV so people need to STFU!

btw sidenote

those girls are better dancers than 2ne1 :3

Guest yoonhye

my only gripe is with how stupid their band name sounds. Ok Bang? ugh, in fact, it sounds exactly like what chinese people would use for a name.

Oh please. Save your ignorance for somewhere else.

YG molded them after TLC, CL tries to rap just like Left Eye and that style is swagger jacked from TLC, MC LYTE, Lil Mama, SWV so people need to STFU!

btw sidenote

I like you. :)

Oh please. Save your ignorance for somewhere else.

I like you. :)

I like u too :)

U know what's funny? I don't even like majority of chinese entertainment and I'm here standing up for it because everyone wants to make it seem like Korea is the land of influence.........WUTEVA!

Guest Dolce_love

the funniest thing is that the name OK BANG isn't even supposed to be a copy of BIG BANG..

OK BANG MEANS BANDAID IN CHINESE

please, people. get your facts straight.

such a pity.. lost in translation :(

its not even pronounced the same! In chinese "bang" is pronouced something like "BUNG"

other than that mistranslation: someone please explain how they are in any way the same as big bang. Yeah they have five members, the same as big bang (OMG SHOCKER THEN THEY MUST BE COPIERS) , but seriously how many boy bands have five memebrs?

hasnt anyone accused MBLAQ of copying BIGBANG? theres a guy in MBLAQ who looks like TOP but no ones getting pissed off at them ==

the whole things just stupid honestly. its just fuelled by the whole idol girls and SNSD thing ==''; which is just a misunderstanding due to lack of research by the stupid people who started the whole thing

Guest WOW its SHARON

Don't be ridiculous. There are PLENTY of other chinese bands that look like that ALREADY. If anything, they remind me of all the many other Chinese/asian bands out there. And if you're referring to the fashion.. PLEASE! Fashion is influenced from EVERYONE and EVERYWHERE. No one owns it. That goes the same for the word "bang". The "bang" in big bang is not a korean word just incase you didn't realize that.

Guest angelixers

btw sidenote

B2K - Bump, Bump, Bump

B2K - Girlfriend

(Lisa :()

Everyone is inspired by the past. It's a beautiful thing. Left-Eye's child CL better get it & Taeyang's sexy richard simmons better work that Omarion swag. :P

Guest annieme25

i also have a feeling that china doesnt want foreign groups to influence itself too much....so they form their own lol jk dont take this offensively. and its been known that other countries have tried hard to break into the chinese market but honestly it hasnt been successful at all or long. esp. idol groups so how do you expect these new emerging groups to survive too?

ORIGINAL OWNERRR: STOP BEING IGNORANT

honestly ppl will think watever they want. so just in case their music is good all of you haters better recognize and stfu

Guest chickpeas

With Asian idol groups, nothing's really original/new. When it comes to music, if you like it, you like it; If you don't, you don't. What else do you really need?

B2K - Bump, Bump, Bump

B2K - Girlfriend

(Lisa :()

Everyone is inspired by the past. It's a beautiful thing. Left-Eye's child CL better get it & Taeyang's sexy richard simmons better work that Omarion swag. :P

It is a beautiful thing, it's just lame when people claim that this is not the truth and their style comes from Korea :angry: :angry:

I think it's a silly notion to assume that all Koreans are anything like the writers on allkpop, seoulbeats, or even the prepubescent netizens. I mean allkpop is just like any other gossip-mongering tabloid sites that are out there in the intraweb world. Except that they target Korean entertainment news and warp the information that is presented. Perez Hilton, TMZ, anyone?

So, yes, congrats on generalizing all Koreans based on a poorly misinformed article that wasn't even properly researched. It's pretty laughable to get so upset over an article like this and then put that generalization on every single Korean.

As for the half-baked article itself, it's very misleading. Especially, since Big Bang is 'not' original in any way, nor do I really see any similarities between the two groups. AT ALL. Just another pointless article that is getting everyone upset for all the wrong reasons. Now if there was even an ounce of truth to that article with hard-solid evidence to back it up, then it would be something else alltogether. But really, who cares about this silly pointless article? In a week, another inane article about so-called copy cats are going to crop up with no truth to it whatsoever. Yes, it's biased petty news but every tabloid/so-called entertainment site has trashy articles like these all the time. Waste of time, waste of time.

Exactly.

I completely agree. You just said everything I wanted to say perfectly.

Now I understand why chinese or japanese people may be angry but there's no need to generalize Koreans. Not every Korean shares the same opinion with the people who post these articles and those who ignorantly reply in agreement. If anything, as a Korean I completely agree with your view point on this topic about Big Bang and Ok Bang.

Plagiarism issues have become very common recently and so everyones a little sensitive about the topic.

But nonetheless you want Koreans to respect different cultures but you're not willing to do the same...

U know what's funny? I don't even like majority of chinese entertainment and I'm here standing up for it because everyone wants to make it seem like Korea is the land of influence.........WUTEVA!

My point exactly.

I don't think Korea is "the land of influence" and I sometimes get upset because they're copying others and not giving credit where it's due. But at the same time I also understand that most things are not original and are inspired from things in the past.

So um can those people who were bashing "Koreans" tell me how they're not being completely hypocritical and disrespectful by assuming the country as a whole is filled with ignorant nationalists?

If anything I would hope that you would understand that those people who write these articles don't know what they're talking about and no, not every Korean feels the same way they do. I'm sure most Koreans here would agree with you if they had all the facts.

I really don't even know why there's so much hate. =[

Guest natural-retard

Honestly they look more japanese influenced.

Get off your kpop high horse, and learn something about music. The ignorant comments here just illustrates the lack of music knowledge some people have. Go enlighten yourself with more orignal and creative music for elsewhere than from Idol world Kpop. Even Cpop has more orignality than Kpop.

Guest colloquy

Seems more Japanese than Korean to me. Not really a revolutionary style, it's quite bland.

Just because they have the name 'Bang' in their name.... Honestly, we know how badly the Korean media wants Chinese groups to "copy" Korean ones by now. Why are they always trying to start something? *shrugs*

Guest yoonhye

the name is to similar to big bang tho..

Please read above, thanks. :)

OK Bang means bandaid in Chinese. Whereas Big Bang is entirely English, OK Bang is a direct translation from Mandarin Chinese to English spelling.

Know your stuff before you criticize?

----

Anyways, in this accused video, the artist is LIN ZHENG HAO. It's not even OK BANG.

OK BANG is a contestant band on a Chinese music show.

Honestly they look more japanese influenced.

Get off your kpop high horse, and learn something about music. The ignorant comments here just illustrates the lack of music knowledge some people have. Go enlighten yourself with more orignal and creative music for elsewhere than from Idol world Kpop. Even Cpop has more orignality than Kpop.

Word.

Even though Cpop may not be all the hype, I can at least distinguish them clearly.

Archived