[Manga/Anime] Bokura Ga Ita

Guest IM TOKKI

Guest Rockette

Ahhh! I only remember watching the animated series and liked it a lot but I didn't read the manga, I need to read it now! The events are just burgeoning with excitement! XD

-Rockette

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest starber

OMGAD I SERIOUSLY NEED TO READ CHAPTER 58 NOW.

This story is just getting so depressing. I hope that there is a happy ending ;_____;

I'm going back to chapter 57, I am crossing my fingers that now that Nanami has told Yano to forget about her and move on, I AM DAMN HOPING THAT THIS IS WHEN HE RUNS AFTER HER AND HE REALIZES THAT HE NEEDS TO BE WITH HER AND LEAVES YAMAMATO.

But, I have a feeling that this story will have a sad ending. My ending that I am strongly believing that will happen is that Yano either gets sick or dies of an accident, and Yamamato perhaps kills herself. Nanami is depressed, but she'll move on and Takeuchi will be there to comfort her, and maybe they'll end up together. I can even imagine Nana looking up at the sky and think to herself, "Yano has now reunited with Nana-san..."

Of course though, I strongly wish for NANAXYANO . But I just have a feeling that this perhaps may be the ending :( Please prove me wrong....

I can even imagine Nana looking up at the sky and think to herself, "Yano has now reunited with Nana-san..."

whaaaat? no no no no. That line is just sooo impossible. TT___TT I`ll seriously condemn Yuuki Obata if she ever turned the story that way. :P lol, but no, TBH, she`ll just contradict herself/her own writing. Before their separation, Motoharu said to Nana "It feels like I have been born to meet you." Motoharu believes that Nana is his destined one; definitely not the dead Nana. I can tell that at that point, he has moved on from his past and lived again, rather even more alive because of Nana. If Nana and dead Nana were right in front of him, I`m pretty sure he`ll chose Nanami. In book 8 when Motoharu and Nana had an overnight trip, Nana talked in her sleep. She was like "Yano, did you still wish Nana-san was beside you instead of me?". Motoharu looked blank after that...... and Nana got her "sleep-talking" question answered when Motoharu said those meaningful and sweetest words, "I had been living all this time to meet you, Takahashi". :wub:

I`d say Take's sister is sooo right when she said, "only true love can replace an old one." and I think this has finally happened with Motoharu's case. Motoharu has finally loved Nana greater than he did with the dead-Nana.... It's just that "his" circumstances once again got between them -_- So if Obata writes Nana saying "Yano reunited with Nana-san", it will be so contradicting to what Motoharu believes he's destined with. That phrase totally seemed like he's been always fated to be with Nana-san. I do not support Nana-san *madface* lol

Anyways sooo yea, I really really pray for a happy ending. Motoharu and Nana had suffered enough. Tragic ending for them is just.... tragic and frustrating and depressing and *inserts more words synonymous to unfairness*

Well, Yuri,,,, she can go die by herself for all I care. :P I`m sooo mean.

and yes, when will chap 58 come out????? :(

Guest starber

^ I LOVE YOU FOR NOW MAKING ME BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE JUST TOO PERFECT FOR EACH OTHER :)

I seriously just wish for a happy ending. I just really want Yano and Nana together. It seems so cliche but this story just really needs the two happy and together. Yuri can go screw herself LOL.

Someone needs to really upload the raws :( I am hoping that someone will do it soon. Please don't give up on us! I am DYING to see what Yano will do! And he better run after her and give her a hug when she's in tears :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PRINCE KYARII

i love this manga

it pulls my heartstrings when i read it

i'm waiting for new chapters to come out on mangafox!

seriously, this manga is so good, makes you laugh and cry

and has lots, lotsssss of inspirational quotes too.. my fave:

" in love, timing is everything. if you don't convey your feelings at the crucial time,

even fate will pass you by" -takeuchi

i like take a lot and all, but nothing, nothinggggg beats nanami and yano's bond for me

even if the bond was history and is buried.. i hope they revive it

i want a happy ending!

Guest Rockette

Guys don't flame me, just asking, why does the manga jump from chapter 13 all the way to 32? That shocked me. O_O That's a whole lot of chapters, I hear the manga online is incomplete. Too bad, I wanted to read all of it.

-Rockette

Guest Misoneism

Ive watched the anime and im currently reading the manga.

Im at vol 5.

Omg,this is my favorite anime,I just love the story.

So sad tho :\

• 1 month later...

Guys don't flame me, just asking, why does the manga jump from chapter 13 all the way to 32? That shocked me. O_O That's a whole lot of chapters, I hear the manga online is incomplete. Too bad, I wanted to read all of it.

-Rockette

Late reply but it's because the original scanlators dropped it due to being licensed in the US. Another scanlator picked it up but just decided to scanlate the manga past the anime since what happened in the manga (book 1-8) is exactly same thing that happened in the anime. So just watch the anime then read the vol 9. But then you can also buy the books now; it's already available :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest cornetto1430272735

T__T It's sad... xD

Really want to continue reading but can't find it anywhere xD

This is the only manga that has made my cry and laugh so much

FULL OF HEARTWRENCHING MOMENTS~~~~ T_T

The theme song for the anime sounds cool~

Guest starber

OMG CHAPTER 59 IS FINALLY OUT!

Chapter 60 is coming out August 11th :( It seems like the author is now updating every two months ?

She doesn't seem to really be progressing the story. It's kind of just Yano, Nana and Take being sad. I mean, I kind of want Nana and Yano to talk to each other, instead of just kinda talking to others and being sad. I THINK that after Take had thrown his ring in the river and said to Yano that it was just like Yano throwing Takahashi away, now he's going to go talk to her.

On Mangafox, STUPID VIZMEDIA LICENSED IT :(((((

I had to purchase books 1-4 (because there was a sell :D) even though I've read and watched the anime so many times HAHA!

• 7 months later...

I've wanted to read bokura ga ita for such a long time that I recently decided to buy all the volumes by viz and in my personal opinion it was well worth the money. As depressing as this story can get its so realistic and jarring that I started to feel nauseous/upset every time something sad happened.There's a reason this manga is award winning, it deals with a lot of adult issues and the emotions of the characters really start to pull you. its amazing, I can't wait to read chapter 63 as soon as it comes out. I definitely recommend this manga its one of the best I've ever read but be warned its heart pulling.

one of my favorite quotes

"In my memory I link fragments of the past when we were together...to create a clear image of him in my mind. But I no longer know if that image is really him. That moment I see in my mind might have never existed."

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 1HeartJaEjoong

Such a depressing anime... i never knew love would be so complicated. I also read that her boyfriend left her for the girl with the glasses fury.gif lol that made me soo angry. How could he do that after all they went through tears.gif   but still an amazing anime  :D

• 4 weeks later...

wow~! latest chapter. (ch 64) felt really like it's ending soon.

I can sense Yuri is saying goodbye to Motoharu... It felt like they were having some closure conversations. I hope my senses are right?

:angry:

And..... uhmmm.... I heard from a friend that Bokura Ga Ita is turning into a live action movie. oh yay! I hope the casts are actors that I like :P

• 1 month later...

Hello guys!!!!! Since I'm being Bokura Ga Ita-deprived again, I spent two days compiling some, if not all, of the most beautiful quotes in Bokura Ga Ita. I complied it so that I can go back and read it over and over again whenever I feel like to. It's actually hard to go back and read the book to look for that specific quote when you don't remember when it was said soooo I compiled it and referenced it. hehe. I'm sharing it in case you guys want to go over it it too :) To those to have given up on this manga, I hope the compiled quotes will make your interest back in it again :)

http://missieeeee.livejournal.com/25973.html

What's my favourite quote?

Of course, there's just sooooo many but if I were to pick only one, it's this:

"I believe we meet the most important people in our life one at a time."

- Yano Motoharu (Chap 22)

:) sigh I miss Bokura Ga Ita. I need more chapters to read :P I read on mangaupdates that it's ending in the spring of next year. Wow. We have quite a long road to go :P Oh wells, I'm just glad to know it's coming to an end. At least we will finally get some closures after all these years, unlike some manga I know and loved that's still in limbo *cough*NANA*cough*

Guest nauticalblue

I like that things are actually happening between Nanami and Yano in the recent chapters. I've been eager for the chapter 65 scanlation. I still really don't know if it's going to be a happy ending or not. Although I love this manga, I'm glad that it's finally going to come to an end next year. It's had a long run and I think we really need a conclusion here soon.

Hey guys~_^ I heard from a friend that cast of Bokura Ga Ita has been named!!!! Motoharu will be played by Ikuta Toma~! OH MY. who's excited? *ME!* Ohhh I just love Toma and arrgh why can't they seriously just make a drama out of it instead TT_____TT I so can picture him as Moto! :P

Anyways here's the source: http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/movie/86930/full/ (in Japanese)

And the one who'll play our Nanami is Yoshi.taka Yuriko. I don't know her but this should be fun! ^^

BTW Chap 65 has been out a few days ago and there wasn't really that much of a progress~__~ oh wells.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xanthep

I WILL FOREVER LOVE BGI. <3

Just look at my sig haha.

I love Yano and Nanami as a couple so much. Their characters and personalities are just so unique and lovable. Something about them just resonates with me. And I honestly was very emotionally affected through watching the anime. It was as if I experienced everything they were going through first hand. How often does a 2D animation do that?

The ending of the anime was heartbreaking and when I looked up what happens in the manga, I was heartbroken a second time when I found out that Yano never came back. But no matter what happens, it's as if I can't be mad at the characters for making those decisions because from their perspective, it's the fitting course of action. I think that's the true power of BGI: it's so real.

And the first 12 episodes of the anime are so enjoyable that I would gladly watch them again and again. There's just something so pure about the way they started their relationship... it's realistic, but at the same time, I find the way their relationship progressed and the dates that they had, as being idealistic. Maybe because I would have liked my first teenaged relationship to have been the same as theirs.

Archived