2009 SBS Drama Awards [2009 SBS 연기대상]

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest kdramafanusa

SBS Drama Awards 2009 – Part 1 [OH] (091229) [974.1MB]

File renamed in clubbox to 2009 SBS 가요대전 1부

Hi Semi-fly, thanks for sharing. This program is SBS Music Festival ( http://tv.sbs.co.kr/2009gayo/ ).

There are many year-end events so it's quite confusing. :)

SBS Music Festival: 12/29 @ 9:55pm

SBS Entertainment Awards: 12/30 @ 8:50pm

SBS Drama Awards: 12/31 @ 9:50pm

MBC Entertainment Awards: 12/29 @ 9:55

MBC Drama Awards: 12/30 @ 9:55pm

MBC Song Festival: 12/31 @9:50pm

KBS Entertainment Awards: 12/26 @10:15pm

KBS Song Festival: 12/30 @ 9:55pm

KBS Drama Awards: 12/31 @ 9:50pm

i want ryu si won to win something too but he's only nominated for best couple in style right? i haven't watched style yet so i can't say how cute they are together.. all i know is ryu si won didn't like his character in the drama.. ryu si won fighting!

Except for the awards chosen by the netizen (Best Couple, Popularity), all 3 networks have not announced their nominee lists yet. RSW is listed under both categories.

We didn't get a complete nominee list for SBS Drama Awards last year as well, we might have to just go with the award night (jog down the list as we stream it live). Sigh....

All the news articles (those that I have seen of course) have the same Grand Prize top candidates.

http://news.donga.com/3/all/20091230/25113327/1

SBS: Jang Seo-Hee ('Temptation Of Wife'), Kim Hye-Soo ('Style'), Lee Seung-Gi & Han Hyo-Joo ('Brilliant Legacy')

KBS: Lee Byung-Hun (IRIS), Chae Si-Ra (The Iron Empress)

MBC: Go Hyun-Jung (Queen SeonDeok), Lee Yo-Won (Queen SeonDeok), Kim Nam-Joo (Queen Of Housewife / My Wife Is A Superwoman)

[rating of highest rated episode (TNS Nationwide)]

Queen SeonDeok: 44.9%

My Wife Is A Superwoman: 31.7%

IRIS: 39.9%

Brilliant Legacy: 47.1%

Style: ~20%

{some other articles also mentioned Son Hyun-Joo (KBS 'The Sons Of Sol Pharmacy House / My Too Perfect Sons'')}

My Too Perfect Sons: 48.6%

Temptation Of Wife: i remember it topping 40%

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest yangahbang

I totally agree! Cant wait to see them both!!! :)

me too..their acting superceed the rest..but i dont think the will appear together .. sad...so sad.

LSG and HHJ both potential candidates for the Dae Sang? hmmm...

They're both great but the Dae Sang? Is it because of the ratings they pulled in?

I have no idea about Jang Seo Hee as I've not seen TOW...but where is Cha Seung Won?

Is he considered as well?

Anywayz, am rooting for Lee Seung Gi, Cha Seung Won, Jang Geun Seuk and Park Shin Hye in whatever they have been nominated for. :D

I know a lot of people love Smile, You and the actors in there too.... but I haven't seen it yet. Maybe I should now.

Guest celena8899

whoa, what the heck, LSH and HHJ are nominees for the Dae Sang award? isn't that a bit much...not that i don't like them, but i'm sure that they will have their chances later on since they're still young. the other two nominees should win, because their acting is excellent.

Guest kdramafanusa

I don't know why all 3 networks are taking so long to unveil the nominee lists. Make you think that they have to see who will confirm their attendance (no show -> no award/nomination).

LSG and HHJ both potential candidates for the Dae Sang? hmmm...

They're both great but the Dae Sang? Is it because of the ratings they pulled in?

I have no idea about Jang Seo Hee as I've not seen TOW...but where is Cha Seung Won?

Is he considered as well?

All the articles I saw only mentioned LeeSeung-Gi/HanHyo-Joo along with Jang Seo-Hee & Kim Hye-Soo as top candidates, but it seems like JSH & KHS have higher chances. My guess is if SBS gives DaeSang to 'Brilliant Legacy' (labeled 'national drama'), it'll be for both LSG & HHJ (instead of just either of them) just like the case with Lovers In Paris. 'Brilliant Legacy' received more love than 'Temptation Of Wife' & 'Style'.

Anywayz, am rooting for Lee Seung Gi, Cha Seung Won, Jang Geun Seuk and Park Shin Hye in whatever they have been nominated for. :D

LSG will win something for sure, at least Best Newcomer Award - SBS gives out 10 of those, so it doesn't seem as precious anymore. lol. He'll be performing here & MBC Song Festival (will be held on the same night), HwanSung lovers won't get to see them for the entire night. He'll sing BL song ''The Person Living Inside My Heart', I like 'Love Is Punishment' more.

10Asia chose him as one of the 10 people of 2009.

http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno...122212180597327

[10 FOCUS] 10 Awards - Top 10 People of 2009

Senior Reporter : Kang Myoung-Seok | two@10asia.co.kr

기사입력 2009.12.23 02:03 최종수정 2009.12.23 02:03

Top 10 People of 2009

In the entertainment industry, the end of a year is a season about watching and talking about “people”. Many media outlets select their “person of the year” and people flock to year-end awards shows to hear a quote from stars that they do not get to see often. <10Asia> picked our own figures of the year, but there is no red carpet or photo spotlights for the stars to enter upon. Our selection of “persons of 2009” are not top stars who attained the most popularity from the public, but people who changed the landscape of Korea’s entertainment industry and stimulated the public with experiences that we had not had before. Here are ten people who showed us a new direction for upcoming 2010.

2009122212180597327_19.jpg

Singer and actor Lee Seung-gi [sBS]

Singer Lee Seung-gi

Once a good boy, always a good boy. Lee Seung-gi, who not only works hard but excels in what he does, received excellent grades on his report card as an all-around entertainer as singer, actor and variety show regular. In the popular KBS variety show “One Night Two Days”, his character became a source of good humor on the show and his star turn in SBS drama “Shining Inheritance” helped score a 40-percent-plus viewership rating. One Saturday when the combined ratings of Lee’s two shows added up to 70 percent, the country started calling him “The 100 percent man (in terms of viewership rating)”. He became the consumers’ favorite star for commercials because he does not even have any anti-fans. He is liked by all age groups; for elementary school kids, he is the friendly boy-next-door; to young fans around his own age, he is the good, average “son of mom’s friend”; and older fans see him as the flawless, model celebrity. From a scale of one to ten, this was a 100-point year for Lee.

Senior Reporter : Kang Myoung-Seok two@10asia.co.kr

Reporter : Choi Ji-Eun five@10asia.co.kr, Wee Geun-woo eight@10asia.co.kr, Yoon Hee-Seong nine@10asia.co.kr

Editor : Lynn Kim lynn2878@asiae.co.kr, Jang Kyung-Jin three@10asia.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

me too..their acting superceed the rest..but i dont think the will appear together .. sad...so sad.

Anjell will perform together on stage.

whoa, what the heck, LSH and HHJ are nominees for the Dae Sang award? isn't that a bit much...not that i don't like them, but i'm sure that they will have their chances later on since they're still young. the other two nominees should win, because their acting is excellent.

Moon Geun-Young won it last year at the age of 21. If I remember correctly, she broke the record previously set by Kim Hee-Seon in 1998 (also 21 then) for drama 'Mr. Q' (rating was in the high 40's or low 50's).

Guest zahieyjunki

There's no MBC & KBS drama awars thread? i'm search but theres none!

I'm also rooting JGS,PSH & LSG & HHJ for best couple! But most people choice is LSG & HHJ! I agree they looks suits on the drama.

But HHJ & LSG Daesang? woah i think HHJ can be on the list but LSG? He still new to acting world but i agree these two acting was unexpected great!

But i wish JGS also one of the list for Daesang.. No one actually can match HTK personality only him have it!

Popularity it's only Brilliant Legacy VS Your Beautiful! i'm sure none than these two drama cast!

Can't wait for the MGY & JGS MCing, the performance an of course the winners!

Guest kdramafanusa

There's no MBC & KBS drama awars thread? i'm search but theres none!

MBC: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=325319

KBS: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=322628

I'm also rooting JGS,PSH & LSG & HHJ for best couple! But most people choice is LSG & HHJ!....

But i wish JGS also one of the list for Daesnag1 No one actually can match HTK personality only him have it!

I think YAB has an edge b/c it just finished airing, it's HOT...HOT right now, isn't it? :) I won't be surprised if they win.

JGS will win something for sure too, no need to worry. :) We'll have to wait for the full list of nominee for now.

SBS gives out a lot of awards every year, but KBS always have multiple Best Couple winners though (3-4). Maybe SBS might do that this year? :)

As far as Daesang, acting is only one of the factors the networks consider (based on the articles I read).

All the articles I saw only mentioned LeeSeung-Gi/HanHyo-Joo along with Jang Seo-Hee & Kim Hye-Soo as top candidates, but it seems like JSH & KHS have higher chances. My guess is if SBS gives DaeSang to 'Brilliant Legacy' (labeled 'national drama'), it'll be for both LSG & HHJ (instead of just either of them) just like the case with Lovers In Paris. 'Brilliant Legacy' received more love than 'Temptation Of Wife' & 'Style'.

If they award the Dae Sang to Brilliant Legacy as a drama, that sounds more like it. It's one of those dramas which I thought deserved all those monster ratings..hehehe..

LSG will win something for sure, at least Best Newcomer Award - SBS gives out 10 of those, so it doesn't seem as precious anymore. lol. He'll be performing here & MBC Song Festival (will be held on the same night), HwanSung lovers won't get to see them for the entire night. He'll sing BL song ''The Person Living Inside My Heart', I like 'Love Is Punishment' more.

WOAH, 10 of those awards? And I thought 2 winners in a single category's already considered overrated.

But I'm all for Seung Gi for Best Newcomer. Don't deny I'm a HUGE fan of whatever he does...hehehe..

2009 has been a great year for him indeed. I think he appears everywhere from KBS, SBS to MBC!

Guest zahieyjunki

thnx for the link!

ripgal, yeah ur right i started to love him since BL days! I hope best newcomer will be in his hand!

Btw, did BL have the highest rating? i thought it's Queen Seon Dok/Tempation Of Wife!

Tiring day for our Seunggi he have to attend all 3 Gayo Festival nad few ago at KBS Ent Awards and tmo is SBS drama awards!

He perfs too right? that's friggin tiring day for him tmo~

Guest kazenai

Seriously? WHY is HHJ & LSG part of Daesang nominees?

Don't hate me for saying this, as much as I enjoyed BL -they are not worth such a big prize.

MBC gives theres to GHJ , she earned it with an emmerseful portrayal....while on the other hand if SBS nominates HHJ and LSG (both's acting were both typical in the genre) it will only make SBS appear false.

IMO...it's definately pointing to JSH as teh winner or KHS

Can't wait for the show!

Guest kdramafanusa

WOAH, 10 of those awards? And I thought 2 winners in a single category's already considered overrated.

I think so too. There are also Top 10 Stars Awards, best actor/actress awards (multiple winners too) in so many categories. I guess the more the merrier, why not make everyone happy. :)

With these networks' year end awards, I don't see them as 'acting/performance awards' like their titles say. Some of us mentioned that these are year end parties where networks award those who bring in the ratings & help them generate revenue.

Btw, did BL have the highest rating? i thought it's Queen Seon Dok/Tempation Of Wife!

Brilliant Legacy had the 2nd highest rated episode (47.1%) this year, it trailed KBS drama 'My Too Perfect Sons' (48.6%). QSD & TOW had higher ratings for the entire run. I think people generally talk about the highest rated episode rather than the average rating.

Seriously? WHY is HHJ & LSG part of Daesang nominees?

IMO...it's definately pointing to JSH as teh winner or KHS

KBS & SBS (both will hold theirs drama awards on December 31) haven't announced their nominee lists yet. Those mentioned are the likely candidates reported in all Korean news articles (usually quite accurate based on previous years).

Newly released AsiaEconomy articles said that SBS's Grand Prize winner is not predictable like KBS & MBC.

2009123108175544721_1.jpg

200912310838231342026A_1.jpg

http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno...123108175544721

http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno...123107411128899

- Kim Hye-Soo showed charismatic acting but Style didn't exceed 30% rating

- Jang Seo-Hee. Temptation Of Wife had the highest rating (average), but it was met with criticsms during its broadcast.

- Brilliant Legacy topped 40% rating so cannot ignore its possibility.

Go Hyun-Jung was the obvious choice for Grand Prize at MBC, she practically topped all the polls/surveys conducted with critics & viewers alike; she's chosen as the best performer of the year by a wide margin. And she's given a lot of credit for the show's high rating.

Some of us should know by now that acting is not the only criteria for Grand Prize. It seems like rating is a big factor for SBS & MBC.

My blood pressure really jumped up at the last 2 MBC drama awards (2007 & 2008), I will not let that happen again. :)

If the nominee list comes out (at official SBS drama awards site or news article; don't post the ones at personal blogs, they are only fans' predictions & wishes), please post it & one of us here will provide translation. Thanks & see everyone later tonight. :)

Guest kdramafanusa

~ Netizen Highest Popularity ~

Top 10 Stars Awards

http://wizard2.sbs.co.kr/w3/template/tpl_i...vMenuId=1011825

sbs2009top10stars.jpg

So Ji-Sub (Cain & Abel)

Lee Seung-Gi (Brilliant Legacy)

Cha Seung-Won (City Hall)

Bae Soo-Bin (Brilliant Legacy)

Jang Geun-Seok (You're Beautiful)

Han Hyo-Joo (Brilliant Legacy)

Kim Sun-Ah (City Hall)

Jang Seo-Hee (Temptation Of Wife)

Lee Soo-Kyung (Loving You A Thousand Times)

Kim Hye-Soo (Style)

3 stars from Brilliant Legacy....

I really hope Jang Seo Hee wins the Daesung.... Personally, I think every drama is met with criticism not only TOW... and that did pretty good ratings as well as JSH acting so brilliantly in there... So I do hope she gets it tonight... Although brilliant legacy did really well in its ratings, I don't think LSG and HHJ are contenders for Daesung, maybe Top Ex. or Excellence is more suited for them... Anyways I am not keeping my hopes too high, being prepared to be 'surprised'

Oh there is a Daesung for Drama????? Im confused now :huh: lol

Guest kdramafanusa
Guest kdramafanusa

Oh there is a Daesung for Drama????? Im confused now lol

I have the award categories in the 1st post. :)

For SBS, I don't know who'll win.

For KBS, my personal pick is Hwang Jung-Min; we don't have the ratings but he's the best to me.

Lee Seung Gi and Jang Geun Seuk for Popularity! :P

I'm torn between Best Couple.

Since fans living outside of Korea can vote too, the result might not turn out the way we expect. :)

For MBC, we thought Yoon Sang-Hyun or Kim Nam-Gil would win the popularity award but it makes sense that Lee Joon-Ki got it (i read an article a while ago mentioning that his fan club in China alone has more than 300,000 members).

For this year, I'm just watching the shows for fun. Last year's event really burned me out; I still couldn't get over it but whatever. :lol:

Archived