❤️Kim Soo Hyun ❤️ 김수현❤️

swingbaby

Good morning. Would it be possible to see an English version on the article about the interview of Kim Soo Hyun’s father talking about him? I am new here and very late knowing KSH. Honestly, I do not like anything Korean before, but for whatever reason, that kid changed my mind about Koreans in general, and ended up being a fan. I never been a fan when I was younger and supposed to be one. Something about this kid KSH ( well, apparently a man now) that made me curious of him and open minded about Koreans. Now, he seems like my son whom I need to check on from time to time. 

6 hours ago, Jacel said:

Good morning. Would it be possible to see an English version on the article about the interview of Kim Soo Hyun’s father talking about him? I am new here and very late knowing KSH. Honestly, I do not like anything Korean before, but for whatever reason, that kid changed my mind about Koreans in general, and ended up being a fan. I never been a fan when I was younger and supposed to be one. Something about this kid KSH ( well, apparently a man now) that made me curious of him and open minded about Koreans. Now, he seems like my son whom I need to check on from time to time. 

So sorry but usually I found his news only in Korean version or Chinese version [from weibo]. Sometimes some of his news have English version but not much, maybe someone can translate that article for you.

And welcome to KSH thread, I hope you have fun in this thread :)

DPC, who is the new endorsement of Kim Soo Hyun's will open in the official flagship store of DPC Tmall on August 8th.

In the DPC flagship store, saw the online meeting of KSH in October 2019, 100 exclusive invitations!

Is this fan meeting with KSH?

005zaCLggy1g5op7pxde5j30rn1d2k9u.jpg

005zaCLggy1g5op7rg2cgj30rn1efkbn.jpg

005zaCLggy1g5op7s1ojnj30rn1987it.jpg

On 8/5/2019 at 5:47 PM, Jacel said:

Welcome to the thread, Jacel!  Here's the English translation of the interview (only parts mentioning Soo Hyun translated).

The model army life of a top star, text message from Kim Soo Hyun's superior

On July 1, Kim Soo Hyun completed his 20 month military service and returned to fans in good health and handsome image. Kim Soo Hyun was placed as a 4th grade public service officer during his first conscription examination because he suffered from heart disease when he was a child. Through great efforts in health management, he was re-examined and ultimately enlisted in active service. After enlisting, he completed five weeks of basic military training with excellent results, and volunteered to go to the frontline of the elite unit 1st division search brigade. Kim Chung Hoon showed me the text message sent to him from Kim Soo Hyun's military superior. From this, we can fully see that Kim Soo Hyun’s military life was that of model soldier. Kim Soo Hyun’s superior said in the text message: “In the beginning, when a big star like Kim Soo Hyun was assigned to our unit, it was thought it would be a burden, it was only after spending time together that I realized I worried for nothing. Whether it was during combat operations or military camp life, he set the example of model conduct.  Being self disciplined and never neglecting activities, he was a role model for other soldiers. It may be because of being a bit older, he quickly adapted to the group environment and got along well with his teammates, forming a close bond. Our search team winning the Top Team for two consecutive years is proof of how well our team works together. Thank you for sending an outstanding actor and precious son to us. No matter where he is, soldier Kim Soo Hyun performs well in everything he does."

Q: You must have been worried of your son's life in the military and feel relieved now.

A: Yes, I feel relieved. Because Soo Hyun had heart surgery when he was a child, he was initially exempted from serving in active service. But he managed his health well and got re-examined. He also enlisted later compared to others. Although it was very manly, I still felt very worried. Now that he returned safely and healthily, I am most grateful.

Q: Because Kim Soo Hyun looks very healthy, many people don't know that he had undergone heart surgery. When did he have the operation?
A: It was probably around 2004. When I was working in Busan, Soo Hyun called to let me know he was at the hospital and about to undergo heart surgery. He told me it wasn't a major operation and not to worry. I thought it was like that, but I only found out later that it was a major operation. It wasn't just any part of the body, but a major organ. I did not go see him when he was sick and as a father, that is what I am most sorry for. I regret only caring about my work at that time.

Q: How is Soo Hyun ssi doing recently?
A: After discharge, he wanted to travel and have some time to himself. However, because he received a lot of scripts, he is reviewing them and it seems that he has no time to rest (laughs).

Q: How do you evaluate your son's singing ability?
A: A skilled singer pulls the voice from the belly and that is what Soo Hyun does. He is born with a good pitch and his tone is also very attractive. Bragging about your own child seems a bit foolish, but this is what I really think (laughs).

Q: What are your expectations for Kim Soo Hyun?
A: Soo Hyun really likes acting. I hope he receives the fan's love through more good works. As an artist, to be able to walk an actor's path without regret is all one can ask for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From the above interview, you can see how mature and self disciplined Soo Hyun is.  Even at an young age, he understood his dad had to work to make a living and underplayed his surgery so that he doesn't worry about him. He is only reviewing scripts now because he did not want his actor life to interfere with his military life. In the military, he was 100% committed to being a soldier and did not let himself get distracted with post military activities.  

• Like 3

Thank you for the translation. I first saw him in Dream High and honestly, I first got interested more in the storyline than in any of the actors. It was my first Korean show which I watched during summer. When I shared it to one of my colleague, I was told that it was an old show and the lead, Kim Soo Hyun,  is now a multi-awarded actor. He said that there are even some talks that the fame might have gotten into his head. Curios, and nothing to do during summer, I started watching Kim Soo Hyun’s interviews, fan made videos, and uploads.  From what I saw, I believe he is still that humble despite the fame. Koreans should be proud of him. Despite being a very good actor, one can feel his sincerity in his answers during those interviews I saw. His “behind the scenes videos” shows his sense of perfection, dedication to work, and professionalism. Traits that made me decide to watch his other shows. I thought, this is an actor worth my time. I even watched Real. I did not major in film making but I think what the movie’s flaw if you can call it that, is not the directing but maybe, the editing esp. his bed scene. It was unfortunate that it stole his moment to shine, since honestly, I think, acting wise, it showed and reflected his 10 year promise of being a very good actor. Then again, he actually did it already with his many awards as proof. I really like the video made by IKStar during his 7th  debut anniversary. It was able to show and capture why he deserves the fame he got and hopefully, continues to get. It is good to know that he is currently considering some scripts. For the time being, I hope he should consider some appearances like interviews and fan meetings, to stop negative speculations, and to remind people especially those outside Korea, that he still exist.. . .

• Like 4

On 8/6/2019 at 4:44 PM, Jacel said:

Thank you for the translation. I first saw him in Dream High and honestly, I first got interested more in the storyline than in any of the actors. It was my first Korean show which I watched during summer. When I shared it to one of my colleague, I was told that it was an old show and the lead, Kim Soo Hyun,  is now a multi-awarded actor. He said that there are even some talks that the fame might have gotten into his head. Curios, and nothing to do during summer, I started watching Kim Soo Hyun’s interviews, fan made videos, and uploads.  From what I saw, I believe he is still that humble despite the fame. Koreans should be proud of him. Despite being a very good actor, one can feel his sincerity in his answers during those interviews I saw. His “behind the scenes videos” shows his 

Hi Jacel, thanks for sharing your journey in discovering our beloved actor, Kim Soo Hyun.  I'd like to share with you a quote described by Chinese journalists about Soo Hyun:

"Kim Soo-hyun is like a book with refined quality. As long as you are willing to look through it, you will want to keep on reading. Unfortunately, some people do not read books at all."

The more you learn about him, you will see that he's always been the same dork from his rookie days to the top star he is today.  He never changed because "fame got this head."  I wish those who made that accusation could provide some concrete examples rather than just shoot empty words. I guess those are people who do not read books at all and decide to make a statement without even reading the first page. Even at the height of his insane popularity, he is always polite and humble and yields to the side for others to take the spotlight.  He never uses anyone's name to media play his fame, rather it's always the other way around with others using his name to get in the news.  

006KgtUCgy1fqz66bl5oog306w054npd.gif

The more you learn about him, you will understand why he chose Real or why you shouldn't expect him to make appearances, give interviews, or update his social media to stay relevant.  I hope you will stay for the journey and keep on reading the book...

• Like 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, hwonhwon_stv said:

Happy Chinese Valentine's Day 

Hi hwonhwon, is this the one they called "Qixi Festival"? -  They also call Lantern Festival sometimes as Chinese Valentine's Day, right? Correct me if I'm wrong - :P

Actors Who Look Like They Could Be The Heroes Of Romance Novels

While we’ve seen many celebrities who don puppy-like, cat-like, or even fox-like features, there are also many celebrities who look like they came right out of a Korean online romance novel. Many of these drama and romance novels often have illustrated book covers featuring handsome male characters. Here are a few actors whose unbelievably dreamy good looks make them seem like a perfect fit for the leads who are on the cover of these romance books!

Kim Soo Hyun

Kim-Soo-Hyun.jpg

Kim Soo Hyun is another star who was discharged from the military this year. In fact, he completed his service just last month! While the actor has yet to pick a new project, he plans to make his return next year, and we will definitely be looking forward to seeing his thick eyebrows and pouty lips on screen again!

Catch him in his most recent drama “The Producers” below!

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 3