❤️Kim Soo Hyun ❤️ 김수현❤️

swingbaby

I hope this wasn't posted already in the temporary forum 

Actor Kim Soo-hyun relaxes into his ‘Producers’ role

Updated : May 11 2015

Actor Kim Soo-hyun will return to the small screen on Friday as Baek Seung-chan, the endearingly clueless rookie producer, in the new KBS drama “The Producers.” Kim met journalists in a press conference in Seoul on Monday and answered some questions on his role. The following is an abridged version of his answers:

(Yonhap)

Q) What was the reason for choosing this role, which is very different from the one you previously played in “My Love from the Star”? 

A) I chose this role because I wanted to just let loose and play a goofy character. I wanted to show audiences a more relaxed side. 

Q) Your character seems very wide-eyed and awkward, based on “The Producers” teasers that have been released. Was that done on purpose?

A) Wide-eyed? Really? Did my eyes open up that wide? I don’t know how that would be possible. (Laughs) Well, I didn’t consciously try to widen my eyes. ... I just imagined (Baek) as this new employee, and because he is very inexperienced and doesn’t know much, he takes everything very seriously. Like any rookie would. Everything is daunting to him. For example, if (his superior) asks him to make some coffee, he thinks to himself, “What am I going to do? How can I handle that?”

Q) You were able to gain explosive popularity in China and other Asian countries, and rise to international stardom after your last drama, “My Love from the Star.” Did this put pressure on you in working on this new project?

A) I try not to put pressure on myself. As I said earlier, I tried to let loose and relax in this drama. Of course, that doesn’t mean I didn’t work hard. As usual, I practiced and rehearsed and worked hard, and I really hope (the show) is a success. But I try not to pay too much attention to ratings and things like that. 

The thing I’m most focused on his letting the audience relate to my character. Everyone at one point in their lives was a rookie in some area, so I would like people to relate to that experience. If I’m able to portray that well, then I think the show will be a natural success in terms of popularity. 

Q) What particular efforts did you make in order to portray the “rookie” character?

A) The best and most perfect guide is always the script. So I tried to be honest to the script and express that in earnest. If you see rookies, they try so hard to not be clueless, but they’re completely clueless. But they’re really, earnestly trying not to be clueless. I tried to show that. 

Sometimes, I feel frustrated at my own character. There’s a scene where Tak Ye-jin (Gong Hyo-jin) and Cindy (IU) clash at work, and it’s a serious situation. But at that moment, Seung-chan suddenly says to Cindy, “You are really pretty.” (Laughs) If I were Ye-jin, I think I would have wanted to hit him. 

I also learned that so much hard work happens behind the scenes. The hidden efforts of the production crew... I hope that comes through in our show.

Anyway, my biggest goal is for audiences to relate to my character and feel close to him. 

By Rumy Doo (bigbird@heraldcorp.com)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201505111828322343339_2

I really love his answers... Good job Soo hyun ah

Edited by lhynne
  • Like 8

Kim Soo-hyun sports spiky hairstyle at 'The Producers' press call

Updated : May 11 2015

Cast members of the upcoming TV drama "The Producers," including actor Kim Soo-hyun, made a colorful entry at a production press conference on Monday in Seoul.

Actor Kim Soo-hyun (Herald Corp.)

Kim, who stars in the lead role as an aspiring producer, sported a spiky hairstyle and wore a matching dotted waistcoat-and-jacket ensemble.

read more here http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201505111615060224449_2

• Like 6

[spot] ‘The Producers’ Kim Soo-hyun, “I’m Inhabiting My Role”

Posted by: Veronica Choi , May 11, 2015

This post is also available in: KoreanChinese (Simplified)

[spot] ‘The Producers’ Kim Soo-hyun, Im Inhabiting My Role

The production presentation for KBS’s Friday-Saturday television series ‘The Producers’ was held on May 11 at The Raum in Yeoksam-dong, Gangnam-gu in Seoul. The cast members Cha Tae-hyun, Gong Hyo-jin, Kim Soo-hyun, IU along with the production team attended the event.

Kim Soo-hyun was cast to play the role of new producer in the entertainment division, Baek Seung-chan. Kim on this day made everyone laugh by asking for attention and support every time he spoke.

534345-1

Just 28 years of age, actor Kim Soo-hyun has become a megastar ever since he appeared on television series ‘My Love from The Stars’. And interestingly, he got to pair up with screenwriter Park Ji-eun for the second time following ‘My Love from The Stars’. “I was lucky to team up with her. Everything was well-timed,” said Kim Soo-hyun.

“I found Baek Seung-chan interesting and wanted to give it a shot. He is a clumsy guy, and I thought it could be fun to play him if I just let myself go a little bit and inhabit the role. I wanted to show the public a new side of me,” he added.

However, this was not his first time to play eccentric roles like Baek. Kim happened to play a fool in film ‘Secretly, Greatly’. To the question asking whether it is a coincidence or there is any reason for him to play the roles that are similar in some ways, he replied, “No, there is no particular reason, and I don’t intend to choose those kind of roles. In fact, I believe they are actually quite different from each other; when I was playing the fool in ‘Secretly, Greatly’, I had to put all my energy into him. Baek Seung-chan is different; I’m trying to relax and go easy when I am playing him, in fact,” said Kim.

“My roles I played in the past and Baek Seung-chan may seem to have a few things in common; but Baek Seung-chan is a man who is likely to improve and move forward as time goes. I’m really looking forward to showing that part of him to the viewers,” the superstar once again asked for full support and attention to the drama.

Meanwhile, KBS 2TV’s ‘The Producers’ will premiere on Friday, May 15 at 9:15p.m.

GET IT K Han Jihee, Photography by Yoon Gi-nam, English Translation by Veronica Choi

http://www.getitk.com/spot-the-producers-kim-soo-hyun-im-inhabiting-my-role/?lang=en

• Like 7

From Stars88jo Instagram

jrJz1I.jpg

KBS 2TV drama "#Producer" topped the China weibo topic list.

A record of 380 million reading records, ranked number one in real-time hot search list, number 10 hot search list in 24 hours. China Fans are looking forward to Kim Soo Hyun's new drama after #YouWhoCameFromTheStars. Besides, Gong Hyo Jin, Cha Tae Hyun and IU are also with high awareness in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.

http://chinese.kpopstarz.com/articles/72408/20150511/金秀贤.htm

Edited by dramafan888
  • Like 7

Soo hyun and IU

Hi lhynne, thanks for sharing the photos.I remember what Gong Hyo Jin’s statements during the presscon regarding them.....Hahaha - She said that "When Kim Soo Hyun is with me or Cha Tae Hyun he is rather docile, but when he’s around IU he acts very manly.” Can't wait for May 15.:P

Gong Hyo Jin Talks Differences in Working with Jo In Sung, Kim Soo Hyun, and Cha Tae Hyun

Gong Hyo Jin Talks Differences in Working with Jo In Sung, Kim Soo Hyun, and Cha Tae Hyun

At a press conference for upcoming KBS 2TV drama “Producer,” actress Gong Hyo Jin shared about the differences in working with co-stars Kim Soo Hyun and Cha Tae Hyun and former “It’s Okay, It’s Love” co-star Jo In Sung.

“Jo In Sung is one year younger than me whereas ‘Producer’ Cha Tae Hyun sunbae is older than me, and Kim Soo Hyun is about seven years younger, so the [age] gap is big,” she says.

“Because we’re a year apart, when I was acting with Jo In Sung it felt we like peers. He is an outstanding actor who could take on a PD role, but an actor who has mastered how to make other actors and staff feel comfortable. This time, I [depict a character] who has been friends for over 20 years with Cha Tae Hyun sunbae, whereas my relationship with Kim Soo Hyun is that of a PD who is 10 years in and a newly hired PD whom I won’t even eat with one-on-one. Because the difference is so drastic, I am glad that I was able to meet these two while acting and believe I will be able to do entertaining and much more multifaceted acting,” she continues.

Gong Hyo Jin also talks about her individual chemistry with Kim Soo Hyun and Cha Tae Hyun, “With Cha Tae Hyun sunbae, my acting is very rough and comfortable. With Kim Soo Hyun, we try to help each other while acting. We are in the process of adjusting to each other. Cha Tae Hyun sunbae and I have a similar tone, so our chemistry was good without requiring any adjustment whereas with Kim Soo Hyun we are still adjusting. I think that’s why I am able to [approach] the acting earnestly.”

“Producer” will air its first episode on KBS 2TV on May 15 at 9:15 p.m. KST.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 7

@willenette I guess it was because of the age gap and also becaus eSoo hyun thinks of IU as his little sister and had both worked together before so it kinda shows how comfortable he is with IU besides I think he already warmed up with Hyo jin and Cha Tae hyun so it would be very nice to see their behind the scenes soon

• Like 4

The "Avengers" of the music industry joined together to create the "Producers" OST

translated by Pechumori

20127_824617064298056_487741890347004601

After gaining an explosive attention in the past, the variety drama "Producers" (screenplay by Park Ji Eun, directed by Pyo Min Su and Seo Soo Min, premieres on May 15 at 9:15 pm), has exercised a powerful influence in the music industry.

The nation's hottest stars will be appearing in the drama "Producers" namely Cha Tae Hyun, Gong Hyo Jin, Kim Soo Hyun and IU, and also, the best singers are scheduled to join its OST. According to the news, it will be a line up of "Avengers" class singers.

Whereas in the case of the typical OST, a digital single is launched while the drama is airing, this time, the "Producers" OST album will be released to the public early in the drama, which is unusual for a typical drama OST album. Just like the drama, the OST has gained a lot of attention, so great care has been exercised. Meeting for the work has become difficult since it is not ordinary OST singers who are involved, but "Avengers" class singers. "It would be a well made album on a higher level" an official from the publishers of the Drama OST said.

The netizens showed a variety of reactions such as "I look forward to the OST just like the best drama", "I want to hear the Producers OST soon" and "Who are the Avengers class singers?"

Meanwhile. the "Producers" OST album will be released to the public through various music sites this coming May 23, at 10 pm. It is expected to be sold  at off-line stores on May 26. Prior to the release of the album on the 23rd, on the 15th, which is the premiere of the drama, on the 16th and on the 22nd, a total of 3 songs from the OST album are scheduled to be released to the public every 10 pm.

credit: http://www.ajunews.com/view/20150511185040524

• Like 7

Hello everyone.  I have only finished watching "You From Another Star" a couple of weeks ago. I really loved it. KSH appears to be a very talented young man (I was shocked that he even sings so well!).  I have been trying to find a Soompi thread just for YFAS as I would love to read all the posts on it but the link on page  1 of KSH's thread only leads to a Wikipedia Page on the show.  I understand the show was hugely successful (I'm not surprised at all!) so I presume there must be a thread dedicated to it or am I wrong?  I guess I'm just hopeless and cannot locate it myself (believe me I've tried lol!).

I would be grateful for any assistance :).  

• Like 5

Hello everyone.  I have only finished watching "You From Another Star" a couple of weeks ago. I really loved it. KSH appears to be a very talented young man (I was shocked that he even sings so well!).  I have been trying to find a Soompi thread just for YFAS as I would love to read all the posts on it but the link on page  1 of KSH's thread only leads to a Wikipedia Page on the show.  I understand the show was hugely successful (I'm not surprised at all!) so I presume there must be a thread dedicated to it or am I wrong?  I guess I'm just hopeless and cannot locate it myself (believe me I've tried lol!).

I would be grateful for any assistance :).  

​Hello there. :) Each Korean Drama has a thread (especially those that really hit big). Go to 'Kdramas and Movies' Forum. Look for 'You Who Came From The Stars' Thread. ;) It's there, don't worry. Welcome here, BTW. This thread is for anything that relates to KSH-- CFs, Movies, Series, Interviews, etc. Nonetheless, feel free to ask anything here (as long as it is KSH related). ​:) HAVE GOOD DAY SIS! ;)

Edited by puuuumash
  • Like 7