❤️Kim Soo Hyun ❤️ 김수현❤️

swingbaby

Kim Soo-hyeon-I's throwback photos from childhood

photo621937.jpg

On the August 9th show of MBC's 'Happy Time' has revealed the behind story of Kim Soo-hyeon-I's debut.

Kim Soo-hyeon-I was born handsome and has been like that since childhood. People say he was quiet and introverted during his school days.

Kim Soo-hyeon-I in his grad photos still look handsome with the prominent face features.

Kim Soo-hyeon-I's mother influenced him to start dreaming to become an actor. She suggested him to learn theatrical plays because she wanted to help him with his introverted and passive personality then. Kim Soo-hyeon-I's young and fresh face grabbed attention when he appeared in 'TV Scoop Surprising World' before he debuted. Kim Soo-hyeon-I later debuted through 'Kimchi Cheese Smile' officially.

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v...

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 5

Our boy got interviewed by People Magazine ! I was kind of feeling excited with this, though I am definitely not like other delusional fandoms who would love to think if it was their bias, then they would dream of him being in the People's sexiest man alive list of the year someday or else, lol. And I did some, well, silly googling, about what "trendy" Korean celebrities around his age were ever interviewed by People, and found no one ;) 

So proud to see him on KCON stage: so bright, so confident, so charming effortlessly. It seems to me that just being on those global big stages, this boy's charisma would shine more than ever (remember Youth olympic games in Nanjing, or Asian games in Incheon last years?). Too bad his appearance was too short. Why did he have such a long way for just some minutes on stage as presenter? Perhaps, because he was truly trying his best to do his honorable Hallyu star duty in an even more meaningful events. His shy smile when he said "Kamsahamnida" during his presenting (moments without mic) was oh-so-lovely moments. I forgot to say: no trendy K-dramastars were invited to KCON before either.

Edited by moonlight88
  • Like 5

Real Life Noona Romances Are On The Rise In Korea

Producer

It isn't just k-drama lovers that have fallen for the noona romance. According to the Korean media outlet, Chosun Ilbo, real life marriages in Korea are seeing something of a noona romance effect.

Do the larger numbers of younger men marrying older women have anything to do with the romantic notions expressed in k-dramas? Or do the growing number of noona romances reflect a real-life trend?

In the last few months alone Infinite's L romanced Ha Ji Won in "The Time I Loved You" and Kim Soo Hyun crushed on Gong Hyo Jin in "Producer."

Source

• Like 4

@ilwoo_aein thank you for the "vitamins" again :)  He always looks very handsome in Ziozia suits :).  

@moonlight88 - I agree. KCON was a great US exposure for him. Does anybody know if he goes to US often? KSH has come a long way, from being so shy as a child and not being able to look people in the eye and now he is appearing on global stages in front of thousands of people! He is a great inspiration to anybody who is shy.   I agree that the interview in People's magazine was interesting because I learned what Western actors/actresses he likes etc.  I would love to know what are his favourite movies and actors in general.   

@cutie_let_let I smiled when I saw your post - perhaps it is all these KDramas that are inspiring people to look past the age difference :) 

Edited by moniw18
  • Like 5

Kim Soo Hyun reveals promotional video for Jeju Air

CMMdgcmUkAAK-5-.jpg

To commemorate the second year anniversary since their launch of service to Tokyo, Jeju Air has released a promotional video featuring actor Kim Soo Hyun through their official YouTube channel.

The video was filmed with the theme of ‘the fastest way to get to Japan.’ It actually featured Kim Soo Hyun taking Jeju Air to Japan for his recent fan meetings, and included footage of how easy it was to buy tickets through a mobile app, collecting of tickets from a kiosk, and etc.

Kim Soo Hyun wore a neat black and white striped shirt, and flashed his radiant smile throughout.

By: Alvin
Copyright: Kpopfighting

Edited by ilwoo_aein
  • Like 7

I thought the Soompiers in this thread would like to know about a podcast that is all about K-drama and that talks about Kim Soo Hyun (and Producers, Oh my ghostess, The Scholar Who Walks the Night, High Society, Mask, The time we were not in love and many more) in its latest episode. ^_^

You can download it for free via iTunes (the name of the podcast is "K-drama Addiction Therapy")
or listen/download via the website: http://kdramapod.com/episode-13/

We hope you'll enjoy it!

Direct link to iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/se/podcast/k-drama-addiction-therapy/id957840613?mt=2&ls=1

Edited by pixelviking
  • Like 2

The Kim Soo Hyun effect, this year's No. 1 baby's name is "You Who came from the stars" hero, Min Joon.
translated by Pechumori
150812 (excerpt)

11891203_507788259370793_921898261118904

This year, the number 1 baby's name for boys is Min Joon and for girls, it's Seo Yeon.

According to the statistics released by the Supreme Court (in Korea), from January to June 2015, the most common name that topped the list in the birth registration of men and women is Min Joon for boys and Seo Yeon for girls respectively. Min Joon is the hero of the SBS drama "You Who came from the stars" and 2,032 baby boys were accounted with this name, while 1.632 baby girls were named Seo Yeon, the heroine of the movie "Architecture 101" (the younger role played by Suzy).

In the past, naming names was done in accordance with the law. In recent years, people wanting to associate with the names of celebrities or characters in movies and dramas have increased significantly. This is the reason why these names came out in the "Top Ten names that emerged this year"

credit: http://sports.khan.co.kr/news/sk_index.html?cat=view&art_id=201508121851273&sec_id=540101&pt=nv

• Like 5

KCON LA And NY Will Air On This Week's M! Countdown

BY Adrienne Stanley | Aug 13, 2015

_2015kcon01-jpg.jpg?w=600

On August 13, Mnet announced the broadcast dates for the M! Countdown footage that was filmed during KCON in Los Angeles (KCON LA) and KCON at Newark's Prudential Center (KCON NY).

An article published by CJ E&M's Mwave cited August 13 as the broadcast date for the program called "M! Countdown Feelz In LA." Footage taped during KCON NY will be broadcast on August 15, through a show titled "M! Countdown Feelz in NY."

KCON LA was attended by 58,000 Hallyu fans, who turned out to experience various aspects of Korean culture and entertainment.

Footage from KCON LA will include the August 1 performances by Super Junior, SISTAR, GOT7, Roy Kim and Monsta X. Monsta X and GOT7 delivered a stellar hip-hop stage, which is not to be missed.

Audiences who enjoy K-Drama had the opportunity to meet-and-greet stars including Daniel Henney, Song Ho Jun and Ki Hong Lee.

While he did not directly interact with fans, mega star Kim Soo Hyun was present for the Red Carpet on August 2. The "Producer" star also provided the introductory segment for the August 2 M! Countdown concert, which featured performances by Shinhwa, AOA, Red Velvet, Zion.T and Crush.  AOA's Jimin provided the special stage, during the third night of KCON LA, when she performed her rap hit, "Puss."

KCON NY, which was held on August 8, featured peformances by Girls' Generation, VIXX, Teen Top and AOA.

"M! Countdown Feelz in LA" broadcast at 6 p.m. KST on August 13, while "M! Countdown Feelz in NY" will be broadcast on August 15 at 5 p.m. KST.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/93365/20150813/kcon-la-kcon-ny-m-countdown.htm

• Like 7

Happy International Left-Handers’ Day!

Happy International Left-Handers’ Day!

There is only 10% of the world who are left-handed, but what a difference there is looked on from their side. Left-handers are forced to adapt to tools and a world made for the majority. So to celebrate their uniqueness, August 13 is International Left-Handers’ Day. We want to say cheers to these fascinating people with a few well-known left-handers in the world of Korean entertainment.

Last year, we put together a gallery of them, which you can check out here. In addition to that list, we found some more cutie lefties we wanted to cheer on this special day.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

KCON LA And NY Will Air On This Week's M! Countdown

BY Adrienne Stanley | Aug 13, 2015

On August 13, Mnet announced the broadcast dates for the M! Countdown footage that was filmed during KCON in Los Angeles (KCON LA) and KCON at Newark's Prudential Center (KCON NY).

An article published by CJ E&M's Mwave cited August 13 as the broadcast date for the program called "M! Countdown Feelz In LA." Footage taped during KCON NY will be broadcast on August 15, through a show titled "M! Countdown Feelz in NY."

KCON LA was attended by 58,000 Hallyu fans, who turned out to experience various aspects of Korean culture and entertainment.

Footage from KCON LA will include the August 1 performances by Super Junior, SISTAR, GOT7, Roy Kim and Monsta X. Monsta X and GOT7 delivered a stellar hip-hop stage, which is not to be missed.

Audiences who enjoy K-Drama had the opportunity to meet-and-greet stars including Daniel Henney, Song Ho Jun and Ki Hong Lee.

While he did not directly interact with fans, mega star Kim Soo Hyun was present for the Red Carpet on August 2. The "Producer" star also provided the introductory segment for the August 2 M! Countdown concert, which featured performances by Shinhwa, AOA, Red Velvet, Zion.T and Crush.  AOA's Jimin provided the special stage, during the third night of KCON LA, when she performed her rap hit, "Puss."

KCON NY, which was held on August 8, featured peformances by Girls' Generation, VIXX, Teen Top and AOA.

"M! Countdown Feelz in LA" broadcast at 6 p.m. KST on August 13, while "M! Countdown Feelz in NY" will be broadcast on August 15 at 5 p.m. KST.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/93365/20150813/kcon-la-kcon-ny-m-countdown.htm

Hi pechumori, thanks for sharing this. I heard that he made a surprise appearance on the August 13th show.  He went to the stage and thanked the fans. He said, "Hello, How are you? I really wanted to meet you. I'm very happy and excited to meet you all directly here on the stage while I have been meeting you through movies and dramas only.  When I stand here, I can feel your love towards K-dramas, music, food and movies. I'd like to ask for your continuous support". :P

• Like 6

Hello iKstars! Here's daily dose to brighten our day! KEYEAST Japan mobile phone website update! :)

CMWciwDUYAAivAU.jpg

Kim Soo-hyeon-I makes surprise appearance in 'M Countdown' in LA

photo623394.jpg

Actor Kim Soo-hyeon-I made a surprise appearance on the August 13th show of Mnet's 'M Countdown Feelz in LA'. He went onto the stage and thanked Hallyu fans. Kim Soo-hyeon-I showed up smiling brightly. He said, "Hello, How are you? I really wanted to meet you. I'm very happy and excited to meet you all directly here on the stage while I have been meeting you through movies and dramas only". He continued, "When I stand here, I can feel your love towards K-dramas, music, food and movies. I'd like to ask for your continuous support". Monsta X, Got7, Sistar, Roy Kim, Super Junior, Red Velvet, Block B, AOA, Zion T & Crush, Shinhwa appeared in 'M Countdown Feelz in LA'.

Source: HanCinema

Edited by ilwoo_aein
  • Like 3