❤️Kim Soo Hyun ❤️ 김수현❤️

swingbaby

Happy 8th debut anniversary Kim Soo Hyun!! 

Can't wait to see the next amazing character that he will portray :wub:.

Fun quiz to test which Kim Soo Hyun drama character is your soulmate: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/07/pop-quiz-which-kim-soo-hyun-drama-character-is-your-soulmate

I got Baek Seung Chan from Producers. Yeah! Baek Seung Chan and Song Sam Dong are my favorite KSH characters.

BTW, thanks everyone for the updates, pictures and article translations. It is much appreciated!!

Edited by catalinacb
  • Like 6

Hi! It was a shocking news that greeted me today while reading about the half sister. I remember someone mentioning about Soo hyun having a sister here in the forum way way before but it was quickly forgotten.So I think Soo hyun never really tried to  hide he had a half sister, it's just he doesn't want to talk about it. I truly understand if Soo hyun why he did not reveal about her. Kim Soo hyun keeps his private life private and for someone whose dad left him to raise a new family, he did not say anything bad about his father and his other family. I remember an article before where his dad was interviewed while having a show in Busan and he too did not say anything about their difficult situation. He only said that he barely sees his son nowadays( I think this interview was after his Moon Embracing the Sun drama). Soo hyun rarely speaks about his dad in interviews too. I can't imagine his mother's hurt over this as her life had been revealed just to be used for a rookie. I am not blaming his half sister but hey who wouldn't want to get associated wit Soo hyun in any way? Right? It's just that she's so lucky that they are of the same bloodline as him unlike me who can only admire him from my TV screen. Some people get all the luck... Kidding aside I think this was very low of her agency to use Soo hyun for her to be memorable in her rookie year. Soo hyun did not use anybody on his rookie year and had mentioned about his father only after Dream High saying he was a singer in a band. He worked his way up with perfecting his craft and now he is sowing the rewards of his hardwork. His way up didn't come easy as he experienced setbacks and rejections in his early active years. There was a video of him with Lee min ho in Boys Over Flowers in the script reading session but he was not able to get any part in the drama. If I remember correctly I think the director wasn't impressed with him and so he got cut off.  But he did not slack off and improved his acting skills and had raved reviews when he acted on Will it Snow for Christmas. And this is the reason why I am so emotional with him being used for this crap. I followed him for years and have read every news, interviews and even clippings mentioning his names trying so hard to make sense of Mr. Google Translator before we had a resident translator in the forum. Soo hyun may already know this would happen since he is a public figure but like he said he's trying to protect his mom from all of this. I'm not saying she should deny their relationship but it does feel like a bit fishy with her debuting in her rookie year, with her putting Soo hyun's name as her brother in her profile. 

Now everything make sense why Soo hyun grew up introvert,it must be because he grew up in a broken family. A big thumbs up to his mother who had drove him hard to come out and conquer the world. It isn't easy to be a single mom, giving time and caring for a son while doing all you can to support both of yourselves. Soo hyun had been very vocal about him having to live in a home where he had to pay on monthly basis and the fact that he looks so happy when he mentioned he had bought a house for his family. And for Soo hyun who grew up well even given the circumstances I adore you even more than ever.

Sorry for my long post. I am not hating on anyone in this mess. Afterall, she is but a victim of this mess too. The damaged had been done but I think it had made Soo hyun become much more closer to all his fans. As for the sister, if she is in anyway as hardworking as her brother she would be as great as him but this time I think they made the wrong move and probably gonna get more hate than love and support. 

• Like 14

Kim Soo-hyun to get waxwork in Seoul museum

SEOUL, July 24 (Yonhap) -- Want a selfie with actor Kim Soo-hyun but not sure how to get one? Not to worry, the French wax museum Musee Grevin has come up with a solution.

Kim's wax figure is among dozens that will be displayed at the first Asian branch of the museum opening in Seoul next Thursday, his talent agency said Friday.

"We hope it'll be another way in which Kim interacts with his fans," Keyeast Entertainment said in a statement.

The actor, best known for his lead role in the fantasy drama "My Love from the Star," first had a waxwork displayed in Hong Kong's Madame Tussaud's in April.

Grevin Seoul will hold more than 80 wax figures, including those of rapper Psy, singer G-Dragon and Olympic figure skating champion Kim Yu-na.

Local historic figures like King Sejong, who invented the Korean alphabet of hangeul, and 16th century naval hero Yi Sun-sin will also be immortalized at the museum.

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2015/07/24/0200000000AEN20150724002400315.html?input=www.tweeter.com

• Like 7

Guest soorere3211

Hi! It was a shocking news that greeted me today while reading about the half sister. I remember someone mentioning about Soo hyun having a sister here in the forum way way before but it was quickly forgotten.So I think Soo hyun never really tried to  hide he had a half sister, it's just he doesn't want to talk about it. I truly understand if Soo hyun why he did not reveal about her. Kim Soo hyun keeps his private life private and for someone whose dad left him to raise a new family, he did not say anything bad about his father and his other family. I remember an article before where his dad was interviewed while having a show in Busan and he too did not say anything about their difficult situation. He only said that he barely sees his son nowadays( I think this interview was after his Moon Embracing the Sun drama). Soo hyun rarely speaks about his dad in interviews too. I can't imagine his mother's hurt over this as her life had been revealed just to be used for a rookie. I am not blaming his half sister but hey who wouldn't want to get associated wit Soo hyun in any way? Right? It's just that she's so lucky that they are of the same bloodline as him unlike me who can only admire him from my TV screen. Some people get all the luck... Kidding aside I think this was very low of her agency to use Soo hyun for her to be memorable in her rookie year. Soo hyun did not use anybody on his rookie year and had mentioned about his father only after Dream High saying he was a singer in a band. He worked his way up with perfecting his craft and now he is sowing the rewards of his hardwork. His way up didn't come easy as he experienced setbacks and rejections in his early active years. There was a video of him with Lee min ho in Boys Over Flowers in the script reading session but he was not able to get any part in the drama. If I remember correctly I think the director wasn't impressed with him and so he got cut off.  But he did not slack off and improved his acting skills and had raved reviews when he acted on Will it Snow for Christmas. And this is the reason why I am so emotional with him being used for this crap. I followed him for years and have read every news, interviews and even clippings mentioning his names trying so hard to make sense of Mr. Google Translator before we had a resident translator in the forum. Soo hyun may already know this would happen since he is a public figure but like he said he's trying to protect his mom from all of this. I'm not saying she should deny their relationship but it does feel like a bit fishy with her debuting in her rookie year, with her putting Soo hyun's name as her brother in her profile. 

Now everything make sense why Soo hyun grew up introvert,it must be because he grew up in a broken family. A big thumbs up to his mother who had drove him hard to come out and conquer the world. It isn't easy to be a single mom, giving time and caring for a son while doing all you can to support both of yourselves. Soo hyun had been very vocal about him having to live in a home where he had to pay on monthly basis and the fact that he looks so happy when he mentioned he had bought a house for his family. And for Soo hyun who grew up well even given the circumstances I adore you even more than ever.

Sorry for my long post. I am not hating on anyone in this mess. Afterall, she is but a victim of this mess too. The damaged had been done but I think it had made Soo hyun become much more closer to all his fans. As for the sister, if she is in anyway as hardworking as her brother she would be as great as him but this time I think they made the wrong move and probably gonna get more hate than love and support. 

hi lhynne, i love your post.

HAPPY 8TH DEBUT ANNIVERSARY, KIM SOO HYUN ssi! 

You're welcome, @willenette

Kim Soo Hyun, a certified bowling enthusiast, "the best score was 250 points"
translated by Pechumori

11755779_500967406719545_116532291232661

Actor Kim Soo Hyun was revealed to be a bowling enthusiast.

On July 24, China's Sohu TV and Aichi TV aired a simultaneous broadcast of Kim Soo Hyun's interview through the show "Stars from Korea".

The shows' MC, Han Suk Jun asked "Did you purposely cut your nails short for your role as the model student Baek Seung Chan in the KBS2 TV drama "ProducerS"? Kim Soo Hyun replied "I prefer to cut my nails short. Fingernails get broken when they are long because of bowling" he said, showing his exceptional love for the sport.

He added, "The highest score was 250 points", demonstrating his excellent bowling skills. Han Suk Jun replied "A person who goes bowling has good forearm muscles". He tried to touch the muscles on Kim Soo Hyun's forearm and delightfully exclaimed "This is full."

"Stars from Korea" is a show for international fans who love Korean stars. It features the star's recent condition and the inside story on his work. The interview with Kim Soo Hyun aired at 8 pm this July 24.

credit: http://www.xportsnews.com/jenter/?ac=article_view&entry_id=613786&_REFERER=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.search.naver.com%2Fsearch.naver%3Fsm%3Dtab_sug.top%26where%3Dnews%26acq%3D%2B%EA%B9%80%EC%88%98%ED%98%84%26acr%3D1%26qdt%3D0%26ie%3Dutf8%26query%3D%EA%B9%80%EC%88%98%ED%98%84#close_kova 

• Like 6

Hello everyone, I was a bit hesitant about doing a post here but I will do so anyway because if there was a time when KSH needed support I think it's now. (I have done a little post on this thread before I think in April/May this year when I had finished watching You From Another Star for the first time).  

Apart from seeing YFAS I have never seen KSH in anything else before (I am still relatively new to Kdramas) but it's fair to say that once you see KSH act for the first time it's hard to forget about him lol.  After I had finished watching YFAS I looked up some interviews with KSH and watched bits and pieces from Moon Embracing The Sun and Dream High.  I came to the conclusion that KSH is very easy to like :).  Putting aside the fact that he is very good looking (because that's just a bonus), I really like him for the fact that he comes across intelligent and interesting in interviews with a cheeky sense of humour. What impressed me the most about him is that he is not afraid to take on new and challenging roles to become a better actor.  I understand that he is very popular at the moment so he could just be lazy and stick to the "formula" TV shows but not this boy, he will work very hard to establish himself as a solid actor even if this means taking on risky roles.  I know some fans are concerned about the movie REAL and what it will mean for his career but I think we can trust KSH that he knows what he's doing and support his choices.  I know I probably don't have the right to say this because I have only known KSH for a couple of months unlike a lot of his loyal and devoted fans here who have followed him for years but I really admire his determination and ambition.  And I also have to comment that my biggest surprise was just how beautifully KSH can sing (!).  I was genuinely shocked because I never expected that someone who is already a good actor can also sing that well.  It was such an unexpected and lovely surprise.  I know this makes me sound very shallow but I like his deep and husky voice with that angelic looking face. 

Incidentally, thank you so much to everyone who has re-posted some of the old interviews in the last couple of days, for a relative newbie like me it's such a treat to be able to read old interviews with KSH.  I have read some old posts on this thread but links to articles or even photos are not accessible anymore (for example if I go back to page 86 of this thread the links don't work anymore (I think this is because Soompi forum has relocated and those posts were made in 2012 etc).   

Now anybody that knows me from Soompi (hello Willenette!!) can vouch for me that I never do nasty posts and I hardly ever discuss' actors' private lives.  In fact I always respect actors' privacy to the point where I don't even like to see photos of my favourite actors taken by paparazzi or by fans during their private times.  I never enjoy seeing photos of actors when they are being cornered and hounded and I much rather see them during fan meetings, photoshoots or in interviews where they happily meet people and pose for photos.  So why am I saying all this?  <sigh> well, I am about to break my own rule and comment on the news about KSH's "sister" even though I feel very uncomfortable doing so. 

First of all - @lhynne, @ohsolively, @slakelove - your posts were very good and thoughtful. Even though KSH is still relatively new to me I felt extremely sorry for him and that he has been thrown into this difficult situation which is not of his making but he has been forced to deal with it. Even though his family situation and his background is NOBODY'S BUSINESS we all know things don't work like that in media, especially at KSH's level of popularity.  The media will be unrelenting and vicious and they will hound him about this in EVERY interview.  Just as he should be concentrating and thinking about his next project REAL - people will be commenting and asking about his sibling. I can just see suggestions that they should do a song together, grrrr.  And regardless of his true feelings (whatever they may be) he will never be able to answer truthfully because either way he will be criticised.  This must be his and his agency's worst nightmare. Even though I don't know all the facts so I reserve my judgment about this girl but I really don't like the way this entire thing unfolded. 

I can only hope that apart from good management KSH also has some good supportive friends who will help him to deal with this difficult situation.  He definitely has my support :).

On a lighter and funnier note - I wish I could tell KSH to take DMJ's advice he gave to CSY in the final episode of YFAS - "NOT to read any malicious comments on the internet"  :).   

Edited by moniw18
  • Like 4

Good morning iKstars! Here's morning vitamin for all of us! Soohyun's smile to brighten up your day! :) 

Evergrand Spring mineral spring water pic update!

CKrwC5pUwAAsTcU.jpg

@pechumori thank you for the translations. Our baby will be super busy in the second half of this year. Hope everything is going well for him. I can't wait to see him back to small screen with new drama before his enlistment. So Soohyun loves playing bowling? I guess he's a good player since the highest score was 250 :D 

• Like 5

@shahizzy8884 your artwork (I presume it's yours?) is stunning and so cute. Thank you for posting it :). 

@ilwoo_aein and @lhynne I have seen your names pop up quite a lot here which means you must be experts on all things KSH :) (I apologise if I missed any names - because there is quite a lot of long time fans here so I will be very happy if anyone can help me with this query) - Can someone tell me if KSH plays any musical instruments? And also has KSH always had the same Manager? I thought I listened to an old interview with KSH saying that his Manager was his age but when I saw some pics of him travelling with his Manager that person seemed older than KSH? Or maybe I am mistaken from the pics as to WHO is his Manager lol

Thank you.

• Like 3

Guest slakelove

@moniw18: hi, I think the older gentleman u mentioned is his close bodyguard, Mr Shin, his manager is about his age, just a bit older coz I remember our boy used to call him hyung in his thankyou/acceptance speech.  I love these 2 too since the day I follow KSH. The trio our boy, Mr. Manager, Mr.Bodyguard makes a legend team

Edited by slakelove