❤️Kim Soo Hyun ❤️ 김수현❤️

swingbaby

You're welcome @ilwoo_aein

Kim Soo Hyun lands at No. 4 of Pop culture's Big 10
"Kim Soo Hyun effect", even Peng Li Yuan (China's First Lady) is also smitten by him
translated by Pechumori

tumblr_nr2q2u9TaG1u0s9l5o1_400.jpg

Moon Embracing the Sun - You who came from the stars...guaranteed 20 billion won fee per Chinese CF

Receives a superior superstar treatment than that given to Fan Bingbing, "a star raised by the agency"

Debuted with extreme vocal and acting chops, "will be at his peak next year, prior to enlistment"

In a survey conducted by the Hankook Ilbo (Korean Daily Report), actor Kim Soo Hyun (27), considered as "The foremost actor of the Hallyu Wave", who appeared in the dramas, "Moon Embracing the Sun" (2012) and "You who came from the stars" (2014) that have captured the Chinese fans, has been evaluated as the 4th most influential personality in the entertainment industry. Now that the largest Hallyu market in Asia has moved into China and Japan, Kim Soo Hyun can guarantee commercial success for the Hallyu Wave. Although the group EXO is equally enjoying popularity in the 10-20 generation in Korea and China, Kim Soo Hyun is more remarkable because he does not rely on the strength of the agency, but rather on his own solid acting performance which has increased his value and deserves more attention.

He is not like Lee Soo Man, the founder of S.M. Entertainment nor Yang Hyun Suk, the CEO of  YG Entertainment, but his name landing in the top five in a survey of the Big 10 personalities of pop culture means that the "Kim Soo Hyun effect" goes beyond the wildest imagination.

Kim Soo Hyun's star quality is unrivaled in the sense that whether domestically, in China or in Japan, it encompasses both movies and dramas. After the "Moon Embracing the Sun", he has made five consecutive hits in the movies and dramas that he has appeared in. As compared with young actors of his age like Lee Min Ho (28) and the most popular in Japan, Jang Geun Seuk (28), who has not been noticed domestically, Kim Soo Hyun has a solid commercial value. According to Kwon Mi Kyung, movie division Managing Director of CJ E & M, "As an actor, Kim Soo Hyun can raise his own power content based on his fandom that gives out an enthusiastic public interest on his movies" he added "Regardless of the genre, or zero casting". Wong Dong Yeon, a representative of Rise Pictures, the producer of "Real" said "Kim Soo Hyun is the only actor who can guarantee a box office hit all over Korea, Japan and China".

In particular, his commercial explosive power in Greater China is valued by the industry. According to officials managing Korean stars in China, the talent fee of Kim Soo Hyun per CF in China is about 11 million yuan (2 billion won). Kwong Yeong Mi, a representative of an entertainment agency in China said that "The CF fee of the most popular Chinese star, Fan Bingbing, which is considered the best treatment locally is at 1.5 billion won per CF." Kim Ki Heon, an office director of the Korea Creative Content Agency in China said "It was surprising to see Kim Soo Hyun's US ice cream ad in every train compartment of a high speed train that travels from Beijing to Shanghai" and "American companies in China said that the view from oversees is that Kim Soo Hyun is the hero of the Hallyu wave in terms of using a Korean actor as a model in an advertisement in China is concerned,"

KBS also benefited greatly from the "Kim Soo Hyun effect" in China. The Chinese National State newspaper published that starting last January, all the pre-export prices of Korean dramas fell below $ 80,000 per episode, however, the "Producers" was sold to China's online streaming, Sohu.com  at $ 200,000 per episode. An official said "In more than 15 years that Korean shows have entered China, the Chinese government has been taking control measures in the import regulations of Korean content, but Kim Soo-hyun is not included." The view is that since many people are searching for it, it cannot be controlled by regulations.

Meanwhile a researcher from Hana Daetoo Securities Co. said that "Kim Soo Hyun's expected earnings this year is about 36.5 billion won" and it is judged as "the best in the industry's competitiveness". Kim Soo Hyun's earnings last year was 30 billion won because of "You who came from the stars". Based on analysis, he is expected to earn more this year because of the sales of the "Producers" to overseas market such as China, shooting commercial ads and the movie "Real" in the second half of this year. The researcher is in the opinion that "Kim Soo Hyun will be at the peak of his earnings next year, since he will be enlisted in the next two years."

The biggest challenge of Kim Soo Hyun is his enlistment. Shin Hyo Jung, a director from his agency, KeyEast said that "A famous U.S. studio director visited Korea to look for Kim Soo Hyun and conduct negotiations in China. He presented a blank check but the problem is Kim Soo Hyun's enlistment. The post-discharge activities will not be difficult because he is considering working abroad and plans to expand in that area." Also, one of the stumbling blocks for growth in China of Kim Soo Hyun's dramas was that they did not get a chance to be aired on Chinese TV. The director added "Lee Young Ae was loved by all generations in China, because her drama, "Dae Jang Geum" (Jewel in the Palace) which was aired through China's CCTV station all over the country. Becoming a larger-scale star in China is based on the method of content distribution" he said.

Kim Soo Hyun is not as "handsomely sculptured" as Jang Dong Gun or Won Bin nor does he have  the glamour of young stars like Jang Geun Seuk or Lee Jun Ki. He does not stick with trendy youth dramas like other stars. After shooting to stardom with the historical drama "Moon Embracing the Sun", from being the country bumpkin in "Dream High", to the town's fool in "Secretly Greatly", the core of his success is his acting ability to digest these characters naturally. Kim Seung Wook, a Chorokbaem Media representative said "Compared with young actors of his age, Kim Soo Hyun has the outstanding ability to lead." Kim Min-Soo CJ E & M casting team manager also said "Kim Soo Hyun may seem commonplace but he is incomparable with other actors of his age because of the variety of his performance spectrum and his ability to devote himself to the character." He said "A new type of young star has floated with a seriousness for acting."

In fact, the secret of the surprising success, of course, is just the acting ability . The foundation of his polished performance was his acting debut in theater. He learned to perform through Yonsei University's Yonsei Theatrical Art Research Club. A Yonsei university student is allowed to join the club's activities by having a passion for acting alone. Yonsei students who have been performing may eat and sleep in the institution's club rooms. KeyEast director Shin Hyo Jung said, "When Kim Soo Hyun was young, he was just too shy and afraid of strangers. To improve his social life, his mother sent him to a private academy, to improve his speech, she sent him to an acting academy. He felt the appeal of acting at that time and joined the Yonsei Theatrical Art Research Club, then pursued this in college by majoring in Theater and Film Studies at the Chung-Ang University."

After going to college for four years, Kim Soo Hyun entered the amateur theater company. He dreamt of becoming a stage actor and studied scripts like "Hamlet". Broadcast critic Lee Seung Han cited Kim Soo Hyun's "voice" as one of his advantages. He said "The works of Kim Soo Hyun in China are consumed by the video in its original sound (without dubbing) with Chinese subtitles. Though the language is foreign, but through his voice alone, the emotions are passed on to the audience. One excellent advantage of Kim Soo Hyun's voice was that he came out from theater where his vocal training was polished extremely.

Kim Soo Hyun made his debut in the 2007 sitcom "Kimchi Cheese Smile" but he began to see the light in the 2010 drama "Will it snow for Christmas" after he showed exceptional presence as a child actor. Kim Soo Hyun was then recruited by Bae Yong Jun for his agency KeyEast. Keyeast representative, Yang Geun Hwan said "After watching the drama, Kim Soo Hyun keeps getting recognized because of his good voice." He signed a contract and continued going to school. Choi Mun-Seok PD who directed "Will it snow for Christmas" and the youth drama "Jungle Fish" said "During the audition, I felt the urgency to cast him because I like his voice" he confided the basic foundation in casting an actor.

In this regard, there is much more to expect in the future, from Kim Soo Hyun as an actor. Broadening the challenge by playing a variety of roles, he does not limit himself to the gloss of popularity of a young star. By spreading the width of acting, there is a possibility of growing as an actor and jumping over like Choi Min Sik and Ha Jung Woo. And it seems that he knows for himself the direction that he must take. Kim Soo Hyun's next target is a "villain". His theory is that even if its not the lead role, if the work and the character portrayal pleases him, he will do it. After finishing "You Who came from the stars", section chief Kim Min Soo was surprised upon being contacted by Kim Soo Hyun's agency, who asked to inform them if there were any strong villain roles available. Choi PD said "at the time of Will it snow for Christmas, he lacked confidence in acting. Now through technical representation of his acting growth, his performance felt natural and authentic" and "thanks to his acting ability, in his adult life, after his discharge from the military, unlike most young stars, I look forward to seeing the middle aged actor, Kim Soo Hyun ."

credit: http://www.hankookilbo.com/v/2164b1def13a454e958603d12726f861

Thanks to Zura for the link. I admit that I hesitated to do it when she sent it to me during the weekend because of it's length, but when Swingbaby asked me to translate it this morning, I read it and was inspired with the content. I felt we could learn more about him from this article. Besides, how could I say no to two of my dear Ikstar sisters. :D

• Like 16

@pechumori thanks for translating ❤❤

@ilwoo_aein agree with you. I wish it's not Soo Hyun 

Haha sorry I am using my phone. I quoted wrong post hehe

I also wish it's not Soo Hyun. I think I am still not ready he has those scenes. 

By the way how are you my all iKstars sisters? Still lurking on this thread ? I always visit FB, IG and lurk here for KSH updates. Thank to all here to keep this thread alive. 

• Like 5

Good morning to all my iKstars sisters! Hope all of you have a nice day ^_^

Really love Soohyun in pics below..Cute and charming at the same time :wub:

CJPOiSFUYAAG7v8.jpg

CJPObTHUwAAXviY.jpg

CJPObRAUcAA8H6u.jpg

@pechumori

Thanks for the translation..Really appreciate your hard work :) Because of TMETS and YWCFTS, Soohyun gained high popularity in China and i believe because of  'Kim Soo Hyun effect' his value will continue to rise in China market for the next few years :D I like him is because of his great acting. From the country bumpkin, charismatic King, town's fool - NK secret agent in disguise, cool and handsome alien, to naive and clumsy rookie producer. He did a great job in portraying those characters. I also agree about Soohyun's voice. He really has a great voice. He really mesmerize me with his voice..His voice when he talks is so sexy..And when he sings, his voice is so beautiful..He's so talented..KeyEast is so lucky to have him as one of their assets:wub:

@aismile1 i guess most of iKstars hoping that it's not Soohyun who will have that nude scenes / bed scenes. Hopefully they will hear our pray :D

• Like 5

@AiO, @cutie_let_let and @ilwoo_aein, you're welcome.

There's not much news lately, so here's another news about the NG

"Producers" Kim Soo Hyun, showed off a vocal "scream" after having an NG
translated by Pechumori

"Producers" Kim Soo Hyun showed off a resonating musicality.

In the KBS2 TV entertainment drama "Producers" special which aired last June 26, a collection of the actors' NG (No good scenes or bloopers) was shown.

On that day, Kim Soo Hyun who played the role of Baek Seung Chan showed his real "sweet vocals". While shooting, irrespective of the place, after an NG, he would immediately diffuse it with a vocal "scream".

While cleaning the bathroom, in the Karaoke room, in the living room, in the KBS broadcast station, in various places, he would do the vocal "scream". Furthermore, it is not just a vibrating sound, but a scream that seems to come from a trainee which made the audience laugh.

In the video clip that followed, Cindy's (played by IU) "Heart" and Seung Chan's "scream" were shown as competitors for the number one spot in the music program which has elicited laughter.

Meanwhile on this day, "Producers" broadcasted a 100 minute collection of the actors' NG which have not been shown on air.

credit: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201506262245303510

Hi, thanks for sharing this. You know, I also feel happy that this drama is one of 'the top mentioned TV Programs in Twitter Korea so far this year from January to June 2015. Actually, it's no surprise for me. :P

• Like 4

THANKS FOR THE TRANSLATION PECH!!! UNDRAA AND I REALLY APPRECIATE IT... IT WAS A SUPER LONG ONE BUT YET YOU STILL DID IT... 

WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

WOW...WHAT A GREAT ARTICLE!!!

WE LOVE YOU BABY!!! HOPING FOR MORE SUCCESS IN THE FUTURE FOR YOU... :D :D :D

Edited by norbaizura abdullah
  • Like 7

I'm very happy that i can be part of of iKstars..I really enjoy my stay here..I've got new friends and all iKstars sisters in this thread are really nice to me :wub: Thank you all for your kindness. You guys are the best! ;)

Tomorrow is D-day for SEMIR FM in Zhengzhou. Some pics of the FM venue have been revealed! Can't wait to see Soohyun at the FM tomorrow :D 

CJUcJqHUMAATbJn.jpg

CJUcLIGUwAAM55s.jpg

WEIBO

Can't get enough of Soohyun's smile because I love him the most when he smiles..His smile will always makes me feel happy :wub:Good night all! Sweet dream of Soohyun ^_^

CJOKxTyVAAA_sfu.jpg

CJJmnO4UYAAlMqP.jpg

• Like 4

Here is another news. I think this photographer has work with him many times. I remember once she said she wants to work with Do Min Joon. (Esquire cover as a Calvin Klien model)

I am not sure what she talks about in this news. Could someone please translate roughly? Thank you very much.

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003107736

• Like 1

Big Data Analysis of Producers Drama - IU benefitted the most through Producers

1. While there were many comments on KSH, IU was discussed the most on SNS platforms with 63679 mentions in 15,000 blogs and 180,000 twitter accounts.

2. Attention on IU increased after the broadcast started and by the second half, reviews became more positive. Reviews about her acting increased from 66% to 71% after the broadcast started. Those using phrases complimenting her acting increased from 3% to 9%.

3. Based on votes, 223 points for CTH/KHJ pairing and 202 points for KSH/IU pairing, but by the end of the show, KSH/IU pairing rose to 342 points (vs 316 points for CTH/KJH).

http://m.media.daum.net/m/media/newsview/20150707081112599

I don't understand the rest. Do they compliment IU only?

What about our Soo Hyun, Gong Hyo Jin, Chate Hyun?

• Like 1

Big Data Analysis of Producers Drama - IU benefitted the most through Producers

1. While there were many comments on KSH, IU was discussed the most on SNS platforms with 63679 mentions in 15,000 blogs and 180,000 twitter accounts.

2. Attention on IU increased after the broadcast started and by the second half, reviews became more positive. Reviews about her acting increased from 66% to 71% after the broadcast started. Those using phrases complimenting her acting increased from 3% to 9%.

3. Based on votes, 223 points for CTH/KHJ pairing and 202 points for KSH/IU pairing, but by the end of the show, KSH/IU pairing rose to 342 points (vs 316 points for CTH/KJH).

http://m.media.daum.net/m/media/newsview/20150707081112599

I don't understand the rest. Do they compliment IU only?

What about our Soo Hyun, Gong Hyo Jin, Chate Hyun?

I think what the article means is IU's stellar performance as Cindy was a pleasant surprise, in contrast to the fact that the audience knew we would be getting excellent acting from Kim Soo Hyun, Gong Hyo Jin and Cha Tae Hyun. Back when the series started and in particular in the earlier episodes, it was very common to see negative comments regarding IU's acting. However, as her character was explored more, it allowed IU's acting to shine, which is presumably why she garnered so much more support as an actress. I mean knetizens are usually very harsh towards idols turning into acting, Nam Tae Hyun and Sistar's Dasom serve as very recent examples for this. So to see IU being able to combat the idea that idols should stray away from becoming actors/actresses (at least in the eyes of knetizens) is a feat worth praise.

Edited by aerrowcross
  • Like 2

You're welcome, @ilwoo_aein and @willenette

Good news iKstar sisters!

The movie thread for "Real" has been missing for a while. When I clicked on the link at the official threads list, the page could not be found. I would like to acknowledge moderator @Lyrayoo for taking the time to search for it.

Here is the link

http://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/346351-upcoming-movie-2016-real-리얼-starring-kim-soo-hyun/

You can now post all the news, fan arts, videos or your comments about the movie in that link.  :D

• Like 3

Photographer Jo Sun Hee Explains Why Yoo Ah In, Kim Soo Hyun, and Shin Min Ah Are the Best Models

747433.jpg

On July 7′s episode of tvN‘s talk show “Taxi,” renowned photographer Jo Sun Hee is asked to list which stars she thinks are the best models. First off, she suggests that she should probably not include Jung Woo Sung or Lee Jung Jae, as she’s friends with them.

(Skipped unrelated part)

Next, she names Kim Soo Hyun as her second favorite, but for a totally different reason. “Unlike Yoo Ah In, he doesn’t do any big movements. He does everything with the look in his eyes, and only moves a little bit. But he looks different depending on the look in his eyes,” she says. “He’s very intelligent.” One of the projects that Kim Soo Hyun and Jo Sun Hee worked together on was a stunning photo shoot for Calvin Klein in 2014.

hHewed.png

http://www.soompi.com/2015/07/07/photographer-jo-sun-hee-explains-why-yoo-ah-in-kim-soo-hyun-and-shin-min-ah-are-the-best-models/

• Like 8

Good morning iKstars!

@pechumori and @dramafan888 that was a very fast translations of our baby's articles. 

Our baby is really amazing. Words are not enough to praise him as an artist and as a person... That's why we are so madly in love with him.

@ilwoo_aein i totally love the pics! I think im losing space in my smartphone because of his pics. It's KSH overload! :rolleyes:

Here is another news. I think this photographer has work with him many times. I remember once she said she wants to work with Do Min Joon. (Esquire cover as a Calvin Klien model)

I am not sure what she talks about in this news. Could someone please translate roughly? Thank you very much.

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003107736

Hi, the photographer is Jo Sun Hee. She considered KSH as one of the best models. She names Kim Soo Hyun as her second favorite, 1st is Yoo Ah In. According to her, last night, in the EP of tvN‘s talk show “Taxi,” where she appeared KSH doesn’t do any big movements. He just does everything with his eyes and only moves a little bit. And he looks different depending on the look in his eyes. KSH is very intelligent according to her. NICE comment...... :P

• Like 5

Good morning iKstars sisters! How are you? Sorry for the late greetings as i decided to post fan-cam and fan-pics of Soohyun at Zhengzhou airport first :D

@dramafan888 thanks for sharing Soohyun's airport pics and the article. So excited to see his airport pics. And I agree with the photographer Jo Sun Hee. Soohyun does everything with the look in his eyes and he looks different depending on the look in his eyes. He captivates female viewers with his eyes. :wub:

@pechumori thanks for sharing that screen shot from Soohyun's upcoming movie 'REAL'. Can't wait to see the teaser and official trailer :)

@AiO you're not alone sis. I'm also losing space in my smartphone because of his pics ^_^ I agree with you. Soohyun is really amazing. Words are not enough to describe how great and talented he is as an artist. He's also a funny and nice person in real life. No wonder we are madly in love with him :w00t: 

More fan-pics of Soohyun at Zhengzhou airport ;) He cut his hair? It's shorter than before..He still looks cute B)

73198af5gw1etv4tf2nnej20hr0vkab9.jpg

6e0bb76fjw1etv5h34a7jj20dc0hsgnf.jpg

CJW4CoSVAAA1WuI.jpg

CJW7rw2VAAAE8Be.jpg

CJW7rwEUYAEi6pC.jpg

Edited by ilwoo_aein
  • Like 8