FR. INS 

CR. june.m.k_0216 

96129b389b504fc2b39aab57f2dde71191ef6d53.jpg

It's Okay To Not Be Okay

Filming

106538192_2764703403816676_8491113026339

0081wmhEly1ggdnnhht8dj30b40b4q47.jpg

Kim Soo Hyun Is Caged In By Seo Ye Ji On “It’s Okay To Not Be Okay”

tvN’s “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” has shared a new sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

Spoiler

At the end of the previous episode of “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay,” Moon Kang Tae (played by Kim Soo Hyun) ran to find Go Moon Young (played by Seo Ye Ji) in the rain after belatedly realizing that she had a painful past of her own. Go Moon Young then collapsed in his arms, and the two shared a warm embrace that seemed to mark the beginning of a new chapter in their relationship.
On July 4, the romance drama revealed new stills of a heated moment between the two leads. In the newly released photos, Go Moon Young boldly traps Moon Kang Tae against a wall with her arms as she stares him down.

“It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” also unveiled a glimpse of Jung Sang Hoon’s upcoming cameo appearance in the drama. As he watches sparks fly between the lead couple, Jung Sang Hoon wears a playful, curious smile that has viewers wondering just what kind of role he’ll be playing in the story.

The next episode of “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” will air on July 4 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1410817wpp/kim-soo-hyun-is-caged-in-by-seo-ye-ji-on-its-okay-to-not-be-okay

Kim Soo Hyun Is Caged In By Seo Ye Ji On “It’s Okay To Not Be Okay”

'Psycho but it's okay' Capture the breath skinship

The 5th episode of TVN Saturday drama 'Psycho But It's Okay' will be broadcast, Kang-Tae (Kim Soo-Hyun) and Go Moon-Young (Seo Ye-Ji) It is raising the heart rate of viewers by revealing the close contact. 

In the previous broadcast, Ko Moon-young was worried about Moon Kang-tae and heard the words, "It's empty and it's just a noise. Like a can. So you know everything about me without knowing anything, don't be mistaken for understanding."

On the 4th, there was a growing number of questions about the direction of their relationship. In response to the expectations of these viewers, the visuals of Moon Kang-tae and Go Moon-young in the public photos are creating excitement. 

First, the expression of Ko Mun-young, who looks at Kang Kang-tae in his arms, flows as usual. However, it seems like this reality is unfamiliar, and Moon's attitude adds interest to Komun-young in an opposite mood.

In addition, actor Jung Sang-hoon takes the role of a third person who is watching the scene and notices a special appearance and stimulates the desire to watch. In particular, his faces looking at Moon Kang-tae and Go Moon-young are full of curiosity, and they already laugh. In this way, attention is also focused on the performance of Jeong Sang-hun, who will appear in the 5th surprise. 

So Jung Sang Hoon said, "Thanks for being with Director Park Shin-woo and being able to participate in such a good work, and I enjoy shooting at the shooting site so much that it will be a good memory. I hope that the viewers will have fun watching it, too." . He added, "Don't forget to be on the weekend, the main shooter! Please, and I will support' Psycho but it's okay' as a viewer to the end." 

The production team said, "Jung Sang-hoon is going to shine his presence as a new stylist even if it appears for a short time.

On the other hand, TVN, a strange strange romantic comedy drama about a fantasy fairy-tale love, in which a psychic ward guard who refuses to love under the heavy weight of life and a tale writer Ko Mun-young, who does not know about love with a natural defect, heals and heals each other's wounds. The Saturday drama'Psycho, but it's okay' is aired at 9:05 on the 4th. 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/076/0003594884?fbclid=IwAR2S5i0jSbbe8NDol7NvZGdlIBlvvPTpETggtRdAlYpf3ke0pScASkSsLIM

Spoiler

107319968_1316761018655944_1325207183764

8 REASONS WHY IT’S OKAY TO NOT BE OKAY SHOULD BE NEXT ON YOUR LIST

1. NOT YOUR TYPICAL MALE LEAD
Kim Soo-hyun plays the role of Moon Kang-tae, a young man in his late 20’s who works as a community health worker at a psychiatric ward. Kang-tae also takes on several part-time jobs just to make ends meet—something you don’t usually see in K-Drama Land where CEOs, chaebol heirs, captains, kings, princes, doctors, professors, famous writers, and other well-off male leads abound—turning away from the trend of the rich guy role. As a health worker, Kim Soo-hyun dons a scrubsuit (swoon) and it just makes your heart flutter watching him take care of different types of patients. And with all the sibling rivalry going on in most dramas, seeing a character who is so fragile and sensitive towards his brother just melts our hearts. Also, this character also has one of the most heartbreaking backstories, you'd want to get inside the screen and hug them in comfort (and we all know Kim Soo-hyun always delivers when it comes to dramatic scenes so prepare your own boxes of tissue).

2. STRONG, FASHIONABLE FEMALE LEAD
Just recently, strong female leads are popping up on almost all dramas. Adding to the list is Seo Ye-ji, who plays Ko Mun-yeong, a successful and popular children’s book author who suffers from anti-social personality disorder. Although she comes off as selfish, arrogant, and rude, this strong personality is also her charm (yes, her dark-humor actually adds spice to the drama). Also, when I say strong, I mean someone who knows how to fight back against troublemakers! Talk about girl power! (However, don't be swayed by her personality easily as there are also reasons behind why she is what she is. Watch to find out). Lastly, don’t even get me started about Mun-yeong’s enviable wardrobe. Can I just say she slays every outfit she wears? Go girl, make the world your runway!

3. REVERSED ROLES
Unlike most dramas where the male lead is wealthy and the female lead is financially mediocre, the roles played by Soo-hyun and Ye-ji are actually the opposite. Kang-tae is the poor one here and Mun-yeong is the affluent one. Also, while it is common in dramas that the man does extravagant or heroic acts to win the girl’s heart, Mun-yeong is one of the few female lead characters who actually makes an effort and goes all out to chase after her leading man (there is a reason behind this). Despite the role reversal, chemistry remains undeniably strong between these two!

4. MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS
The drama sheds light on various mental health disorders, one of which is effectively presented by none other than Baeksang 2020 Best Supporting Actor Oh Jung-se, who plays the role of Moon Sang-tae, Moon Kang-tae’s older brother who suffers from autism spectrum disorder (ASD). I cannot stress just how convincing Jung-se’s portrayal is of someone with ASD. From his posture, to his stance, to his gait and the way he talks as well as his facial expressions—his acting skills are spot on (I could smell another Baeksang award for him!) Another would be antisocial personality disorder (ASPD) which our female lead suffers from. Maaan, Ko Mun-yeong's words and actions are really realistic in depicting and true to her illness! Since the setting seems to be mainly at the fictitious OK Psychiatric Hospital, it’s safe to say we could look forward to seeing more mental health issues being tackled as the story progresses. Additionally, it is great to see another aspect of mental health awareness—that is, seeing it from the caretaker’s point of view as they impart the struggles and frustrations they have to deal with in their line of work. With this drama, I’m crossing my fingers that people will finally see and understand how challenging yet fulfilling it is to take care of persons with mental illness.

5. ATTENTION TO DETAILS
I have to applaud the research that has been done for this drama. As someone who has dealt first hand with children with special needs, it is very satisfying to see the effort the production crew made just to make everything as realistic as possible. From the labels plastered all over the Moon brothers' house, to the repetitive TV lines spoken by Sang-tae, to the fixations of Mun-yeong and Sang-tae on specific objects, to Mun-yeong's shifts from societal norm, I could say it’s a job well done in delivering the realities that come with mental illness (planning to post more on this subject later).

6. CINEMATOGRAPHY
One word: WOW. Each scene is breathtakingly shot it’s like a moving piece of art. The camera angles are well-thought of that every time you take a screen shot, it always comes out pleasing to the eyes. Oh, and did I mention the aesthetically pleasing color palette? Again, one word: WOW.

7. ELEGANT ANIMATION
The animation in the introduction immediately reminded me of a Tim Burton production with its dark theme. It was haunting yet soulful as it narrated the inner struggles of Mun-yeong. The animations done to convey what went on in Sang-tae’s mind was beautifully done as well, showcasing the colorful and creative world of persons with ASD.
8. OST
The drama’s soundtrack is captivating and beautiful, leaving you wanting to search for it immediately as soon as you hear them play in the background. Each song fits the scene it plays on perfectly, it’s like all your emotions have been converted to music.
If these aren’t enough reasons to convince you to watch, I don’t know what will be.

[Reposted with permission from owner]

IMG_5627.jpg?type=w800

IMG_5631.PNG?type=w800

IMG_5632.PNG?type=w800

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 Things I love about It's Okay to Not Be Okay (by Claire L. Brown)

It's Okay to not be Okay, started this past weekend on Netflix and TVN, produced by Studio Dragon, Story TV and Goldmedalist, it is a Romantic Drama a a whimsical fairy tale twist, staring Kim Soo Hyun in his first TV drama since returning from military service and Seo Ye Ji of Lawless Lawyer. 

This is a show I've been looking forward to since it was announced and I have to say the pre show hype did not disappoint.

So two episodes in, here are the ten things I love about this show so far

1.  Burton esq Whimsey

The show begins with a Tim Burton esq animation, reminiscent of the Corpse Bride and Nightmare before Christmas, with a twisted tale to match.  The dark fairy tale and graphic characters of the animation are carried through in to the illustrations of Ko Moon-young's (Seo Ye Ji) children's books

I love how the animation isn't dark which makes some of its darker themes all the more impactful. 
It also sets up Ko Moon-young as a character beautifully, mixing her reality with that of the characters she creates in her books. 

2. Carers need care too

Moon Kang-Tae (Kim Soo Hyun) is the primary carer for his older brother Moon Sang-Tae (Oh Jung Se).  He works as a carer and has part time jobs to support their family and is at the forefront of caring for his brother, understanding and managing his mood swings, his whole life and his every choice revolve around caring for his brother. 

Being a carer is not an easy task, it can be draining, hard and unpredictable. While there are good moments, just like when Kang-Tae gives his brother a Dinosaur book and is warmed by how happy it makes him, there are hardships and so far its being shown in balance here which I find other drama's sometimes lack weighing too heavily on the negative or the positive in turn.  Kang-Tae is just as wounded as his brother and needs care and support which initially he appears to get from his friend Jo Jae Soo (Kang Ki-Doong). 

I'm interested to see how they progress the balance and healing the wounds that Kang-Tae has, my heart breaks every time he asks his brother whom he loves more and doesn't get the reply he yearns to hear. 

3. Seo Ye Ji  

I first came across this impressive actress in 2018's Lawless Lawyer opposite Lee Joon Gi and Choi Min So, two heavyweights I really admire.  She was impressive in how she held her own.  In 'It's Okay' she's really getting a chance to shine as a strong female lead.  She's powerful and confident and calls it like she is.  I love the book signing scene in Episode 2.  I'm really invested in seeing where her character arc takes her.

4. Kim Soo Hyun 

I really have a soft spot for Kim Soo Hyun as an actor.  He can play the dark a disturbing characters as in 'Real' and flip to soft loveable characters like Don Min Joon in 'My Love from the Stars'.  I love his work with Jun Ji Hyun in both 'My Love from the Stars' and 'Thieves' and wondered how his chemistry would be in this, but I think this will be a pairing that really works.   So far I'm impressed with his return and feel he made a great choice in this project. So far he's capturing the strength, loneliness and weariness of his character with great empathy and understanding. 

5. Oh Jung Se 

As Moon Sang-Tae, I've only recently come across Oh Jung Se while watching 'The Vampire Detective', but this role couldn't be more different and challenging.  Playing  Sang-Tae the elder brother  who has Autism Spectrum Disorder, he manages to convey the condition with warmth and depth.  I particularly love the musical like scene as he walks/dances towards the book signing in Episode 2 giving up a peak inside his mind and how when he's excited bright and cheerful the world can be.  He also brings depth in scenes when Sang-Tae is trying to figure out how to look cool which makes your heart break for him. 

6. Whimsical nature 

While it would be easy to get wrapped up an focus on the darker elements of the story, mixing with elements of whimsey such as the scene where Ko Moon-young becomes the fifty foot woman and tries to pluck Kang-Tae from the street because she wants him, or when the signs come to life for Sang-Tae as he runs joyously towards the book store. I'm curious to what effects and imagery they will come up with in the next episode.

7. Ko Moon-young's wardrobe 

I have closet envy!  The outfits chosen for Ko Moon-young, are perfect, they mix the eccentric, almost gothic style with a designer flair which fit the character perfectly.  Her clothing is bold and powerful but still feminine.  She looks as if you could pluck her out of 'It's okay' and put her in a film like Edward Scissor hands and she would be a perfect fit.  As Moon-young tells a young fan "In all my fairy tales the witch is always the one that's pretty" and the carful crafted style fits this perfectly - how could you not want to be a Pretty Witch!

8. Something hiding in the darkness

There's a darker back story just waiting to seep through the pages - we have already had hits of the darkness in the past of all three main characters.  There's definitely more to the relationship between Ko Moon-young and her father, who or what are the butterflies that terrorised Sang-tae and what really happened to their mother?  Also what really happened to the father in Episode one and how is that going to ensnare our leads?

9. Story within a story 

I love how the stories in Ko Moon-young's books tie in to the live action, linking and bleeding through the story. The books are almost a character in themselves, binding the main leads in both the real word and the book world as they hint at elements of back story and personality traits.  I could see a definite spin off in books from this series which would do well.

10. That next episode anticipation

A sign of a really good show to me, is when I'm walking that tight rope of bouncing up and down like an excited five year old waiting for the next episode and wanting to extend that anticipation because I don't want it to end.  It's that pit of your stomach excitement that drags you to the couch finger poised dying to press play and I know that's where I'll be sitting come this weekend...

https://myifeasawriterwhennotscribbling.blogspot.com/2020/06/10-things-i-love-about-its-okay-not-to.html?fbclid=IwAR0E71zgcZRI66dn7vxJpnKGRHO7FlifiqsjBHMYdjILgAFsKaW6Dv8D-d8&m=1

IMG_5565.jpg?type=w800

IMG_5633.jpg?type=w800

IMG_6068.PNG?type=w800

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[SBS Star] Kim Soo Hyun's Hilarious Past Makes Fans Burst Into Laughter

201446889_1280.jpg

Actor Kim Soo Hyun's past photos are making many fans laugh. On July 1, Kim Soo Hyun updated his Instagram with a hilarious photo of himself. In the photo, Kim Soo Hyun was posing awkwardly, not wearing his denim jacket properly.

201446890_1280.jpg

After seeing this photo, fans were reminded of how hilarious Kim Soo Hyun's behavior was in the past. Previously in his early post-debut days, Kim Soo Hyun let out his somewhat crazy-self in public. He used to make funny poses for photos, and pull weird faces. As time passed though, this became less frequent. It seemed like he had restricted himself to fit the image of a typical actor, who is calm and gentle.

201446887_1280.jpg

With the new upload though, everybody is sure that he is just hiding his craziness inside him. Whatever the case is, fans' visit to his past certainly made them laugh.

201446886_1280.jpg

(Credit= Online Community, 'soohyun_k216' Instagram) (SBS Star)

• LOL 1

Things You Didn’t Know About Kim Soo Hyun of ‘It’s Okay to Not Be Okay’

PEOPLE are swooning over Korean dreamboat and everyone’s current babe, Kim Soo Hyun, with his comeback drama It’s Okay Not To Be Okay. Finally he is back in the small screen after finishing his military service in July 2019.

But as an original Korean drama fan, I have known him longer than that. His dramas, Dream High, Moon Embracing The Sun, My Love from The Star and The Producers have greatly showcased his acting skills and impressively good looks throughout the years even before the current Netflix obsession It’s Okay Not To Be Okay.

For all ladies and gents out there, let me introduce to you, the highest paid Korean male actor to date. Here are some facts that you didn’t know about Kim Soo Hyun.

1.  He has a lot of accomplishments for his pretty young age. He won Best Actor for his role in Moon Embracing The Sun. He Also won the Grand Prize (Daesang at the Korean Drama Awards) for 2 consecutive years for his work in My Love from the Star and The Producers.

2.  His popularity from doing the dramas translates into numerous commercial endorsements. He is among the most highly sought after endorsers in Korea. He is the brand ambassador for various products from electronics to restaurants.

3. During his time in the military, he was stationed in the DMZ or demilitarized zone between the two Koreas. His exemplary performance catapulted him to an early promotion to Sergeant.

4. Prior to acting, he was extremely shy. His mother suggested that he take acting lessons to overcome his introvert characteristics. Through this phase in his life, he realized he wanted to become an actor.

5.  He was a JYP trainee, in the sense that he had to prepare for three months for his role in the musical teen drama Dream High. Being casted along with Kpop idols, he was the only idol there, so he had to train in singing and dancing.

6. Apart from acting, Kim Soo Hyun is also passionate in bowling. Passionate enough to make him almost a professional bowler. He managed to reach the second round during a professional bowling tryout in 2016.

7. During his earlier career as an actor, he was supposed to be part of the classic Korean drama Boys Over Flowers. There was an interpretation discrepancy between him and the production cast, hence, he was not seen in the drama.

8. He is close friends with singing sensation IU. And he even appeared in her music video Ending Scene in 2017. And again as a cameo role in IU’s drama Hotel de Luna.

9.  He was included in the Forbes “30 under 30 Asia 2016 list”. These includes 30 other influential people in Asia who the magazine deemed to have made exceptional contributions in their crafts.

10.  In his hit drama My Love From The Star, he released two singles for the drama’s OST. These singles are “In Front of Your House” and “Promise”. This solidifies that he is not just an excellent actor, he is also an equally good singer.

His current drama, It’s Okay Not To Be Okay, is his first drama in five years. He plays Moon Kang Tae, an orphaned caretaker employed in a psychiatric ward who does not believe in love yet takes care of his autistic older brother.

Kim Soo Hyun is 32 at the moment yet his accolades and recognitions would make you think that he has been in the industry for decades. As an avid fan, I am personally proud to see how far he’d gone alone and excited to see his progress and milestones as an actor.

https://www.pinoyparazzi.com/things-you-didnt-know-about-kim-soo-hyun-of-its-okay-to-not-be-okay/

IMG_5674.PNG?type=w800

• Love 3

[HanCinema's News] "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" Tops Good Data Report for Second Week

photo1205004.jpg

The latest iteration of the Good Data Report once again saw "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" lead other dramas in terms of social media metrics. The study was conducted from June 22nd to June 28th and measured which among the twenty-four current prime time television dramas attracted the most attention in terms of shared news articles, blogs, and videos.

"It's Okay to Not Be Okay" had a significant boost in raw references even though its terrestrial ratings remained static, with a boost of 36% compared to the previous week. Strong visuals and performances were the main factors cited in the drama's favor. Performers Kim Soo-hyun and Seo Ye-ji also led the Good Data Report in terms of performances with first and second place on that metric.

(skipped unrelated.....

Written by William Schwartz

• Like 2

Found this from Twitter
KNETZ getting annoyed of us international fans accusing them of not watching It's Okay To Not Be Okay. They're even explaining to us the ratings

K-netizens’ reactions to “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay Episode 5”

Kim Soohyun and Seo Yeji met again at the Cursed Castle

Original post: Naver TV

[+954,-8]Moon Young is not a psycho…

[+823,-6]I wonder what did her mom tell her? Cause she was smiling when she saw him but then she told him to get lost at the end

[+736,-5]The past and present overlapping freaked me out, I got goosebumps…

[+696,-8]Doesn’t she look so pretty wearing that white top and looking down like that…? She must be a Goddess

[+551,-5]In the past, Kang Tae didn’t dare to open the door and Moon Young couldn’t see him cause of her mother… I wish they’ll find happiness now

[+449,-7]It looks like Romeo and Juliet…

[+428,-7]I sobbed out of pity when I saw that Moon Young was smiling when she was heading to see Kang Tae when they were younger 

[+405,-6]No, Moon Young has been waiting for someone to save her but because of her mom, she turned him down. I feel so sorry for her

[+403,-5]That last scene of Moon Kang Tae and Ko Moon Young looking at each other is subtle 

[+375,-5]It was all because of her mom, Moon Young used to like Kang Tae back then too

[+289,-4]Seriously, each episode in this drama is legendary

[+276,-4]The directing and script are just perfect

Kim Soohyun, Do you know Seo Yeji’s ‘Cursed Castle’?

[+731,-4]He knew her but he pushed her on purpose

[+618,-1]Woah, this is crazy!! Kang Tae knew who she was

[+576,-1]Woah, what’s happening? How long has he known?… So did he know when he said he wanted to forget about her ad they were lying down in his room ?…

[+457,-2]Kang Tae, you knew everything from the very beginning that’s why you avoided and pushed her more on purpose, right?

[+382,-1]Woah, so he really knows, seriously woah… When is tomorrow’s episode coming out 

[+313,-2]Kang Tae knew?!!! How long has it been since he noticed…?????

[+282,-1]Crazy

[+277,-2]F***ing crazy! Hurry up and date

[+253,-2]Seriously, I’m getting goosebumps woah!

[+251,-1]Goosebumps… Then he knew everything from the beginning…?

Seo Yeji vs. Park Kyu Young fighting ove Kim Soohyun♨♨

[+669,-11]In this case, both of them were wrong .. Moon Young talked a little bit too much and Joori slapped her on the cheek..

[+533,-4]Shows you how a person explodes if you touch their wounds..

[+460,-9]Why is he only calling Moon Young when Joori hit her first. Is it cause he’s only interested in Moon Young

[+375,-1]No one’s caring about Moon Young getting hurt she’ been beaten and even strangled last time

[+344,-6]I need more scenes of Moon Young cursing, it’s a pleasure to watch ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[+267,-1]Woah that’s cruel

[+263,-12]Why would she slap her on the cheek?

Kim Soohyun forgets everything because of Seo Yeji “My scars, butterfly… and even my brother”

[+666,-5]No but isn’t that friend so funny? He was like “are you reminiscing? Do you miss it or something”

[+420,-2]You’ll keep thinking about Ko Moon Young, she’ll Keep coming to your mind!

[+399,-2]Kang Tae’s scared cause he feels like he got caught in front of Moon Young

[+317,-2]His acting, voice, eyes, face, shoulders are all amazing!

[+303,-2]You can do that, it’s fine… We sometimes forget about our surroundings and think about ourselves in life… But it’s sad that Kang Tae feels guilty about it

[+270,-1]It seems like Kang Tae loves Moon Young already

[+172,-1]Yes… Yes… Let’s think about Moon Young a lot from now on

[+166,-1]That’s what love is

[+164,-1]Kang Tae is affectionate, his friend is cute and this drama is driving me crazy!

https://k-communities.com/2020/07/05/k-netizens-reactions-to-its-okay-to-not-be-okay-episode-5/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

b120206866_epi0005_20_b.jpg?w=640

• Like 2