❤️Kim Soo Hyun ❤️ 김수현❤️

swingbaby

10 hours ago, willenette said:

hwonhwon, thanks for sharing these captures from the drama.  I hope the drama will do well because I’m heavily counting on his popularity and influence. The chemistry of its leads is there. His drama premiered on the same day with Backstreet Rookie starring Ji Chang Wook. :heartbreak:

“It’s Okay To Not Be Okay” Premieres To No. 1 Ratings; “Backstreet Rookie” Enjoys Rise For 2nd Episode

The battle over weekend drama ratings is heating up!

On June 20, tvN’s new romance drama “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” premiered to a promising start. According to Nielsen Korea, the first episode of the new drama starring Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji scored an average nationwide rating of 6.1 percent and a peak of 7.0 percent, taking first place in its time slot across all cable channels.

“It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” also took first place in its time slot across all channels—including public broadcast networks—among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average of 4.3 percent and a peak of 5.1 percent. The new drama performed particularly well with female viewers in their forties, among whom it scored an impressive peak rating of 10.6 percent for its premiere.

Meanwhile, SBS’s new romantic comedy “Backstreet Rookie” enjoyed a slight increase in viewership for its second episode. The June 20 broadcast of the drama scored average nationwide ratings of 3.7 percent and 6.8 percent for its two parts.

KBS 2TV’s “Once Again” continued its reign as the most-watched drama of Saturday nights, scoring average nationwide ratings of 23.1 percent and 28.8 percent for its two parts.

TV Chosun’s “King Maker: The Change of Destiny” scored an average nationwide rating of 4.9 percent, marking a slight rise in viewership from its previous episode, while OCN’s “Team Bulldog: Off-Duty Investigation” trailed with an average rating of 2.8 percent for the evening.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1408092wpp/its-okay-to-not-be-okay-premieres-to-no-1-ratings-backstreet-rookie-enjoys-rise-for-2nd-episode

“It’s Okay To Not Be Okay” Premieres To No. 1 Ratings; “Backstreet Rookie” Enjoys Rise For 2nd Episode

I am very new in kdrama so I am not quiet sure if my observation is correct. It seems to me that the answer to the question of most of those who care about why of all the drama offered to him, Kim Soo Hyun chooses Its okay to not be okay as his comeback drama, is his being able to do something that is rarely done, if not haven't been done at all in SK. The healing drama angle based on what I have read was already done before; however,  I think the integration of stop motion animation thru dark fairytale concept have not been done, which would most definitely pique anyones creative interest; especially someone artistically inclined like KSH. Even my kid who criticises my fondness to Kim Soo Hyun and anything Korean ended up watching the entire episode with me, because of it. I just hope and pray it continues within the same trajectory and ends with a high doubled number rating which seems to be rare among cabled shows. I have read that its pilot rating is good enough, but  was not what KSH wants. Having been used to a double digit ratings in dramas he have been part of, I hope he gets his wish if not tonight, during the episodes to come re: ratings. Personally, I beleive it is a must see. Soo happy with the boy who fed nightmares and looking foward to the girl in red shoes tonight.

2 hours ago, Jacel said:

I have read that its pilot rating is good enough, but  was not what KSH wants. Having been used to a double digit ratings in dramas he have been part of, I hope he gets his wish if not tonight, during the episodes to come re: ratings.

His wish the premiere rating is 15% on cable TV, it doesn't make sense. It's like 28-30% on public TV. Even the popular drama like TWOM, Goblin, CLOY, etc started with 6-8% on cable TV. I think he's a bit confused and  forgot that PBIO not on public channel like all his past dramas.

The rating 6% of PBIO is not bad, it's still double digit on public channel, the most important thing is the drama is also complimented by knets, so hope hit double digit ratings soon

Rating drama  2020.06.20 :

KBS #Once Again: 23.1% | 28.8%

SBS #Backstreet Rookie: 3.7% | 6.8%

tvN #It's Okay To Not Be Okay: 6.1%
OCN #Team Bulldog Off Duty Investigation: 2.8%
TVCHOSUN #King Maker The Change of Destiny: 4.9%

• Insightful 1

2020.06.21  |11:41 KST]
Soaring Search Terms on Naver

#1 Psycho, but it’s okay
#4 Seo Ye-Ji
#8 Psycho, but it’s okay the original
#11 Park Gyu-young
#13 Psycho but it’s okay viewership
#14 Seo Ye-Ji age
#15 Kim Soo-Hyun
#19 Kim Soo-Hyun Age
#20 Psycho, but it’s okay to rebroadcast

All about It's Okay To Not Be Okay

#19 - Teaser Long Version
#24 - Highlight Video
#32 - TVN interview (KSH &OJS)
#34, #36, #38, #42, #43, #46, #52, #53, #60, #62, #64, #73, #75, #77, #80, #96

It's Okay To Not Be Okay clips placed 1/4 of Hot 100 (25 clips)