❤️Kim Soo Hyun ❤️ 김수현❤️

swingbaby

7 Ways Kim Soo Hyun's characters in Producer and My Love From Another Star were totally different, yet the same

db61a2e6-4d44-4067-aaa3-7acbda613fdb.jpg

In his most recent dramas Producer (Baek Seung Chan) and My Love From Another Star (Do Min Joon), Kim Soo Hyun played quite opposite characters, which just shows how amazing an actor he is. His character Do Min Joon was the perfect man who's got everything any girl could wish for. On the other hand, his character Baek Seung Chan was a naive, wacky boy who's inexperienced in love. Here are 7 comparisons between My Love From Another Star's Do Min Joon and Producer's Baek Seung Chan. Take a look! 

1. Korea's top actresses fall in love with him

aa919c29-b4cd-4848-912f-5981d2d939fb.giffc8dae6e-ba93-43b8-84c9-fbe2505ef450.gif

Korea's top actress Chun Song Yi falls in love with Do Min Joon in My Love From Another Star. Likewise, Korea's top female idol singer Cindy falls in love with Baek Seung Chan in Producer.

2. A smoking hot alien v. New staff no one likes

3aea4547-4fb0-46b0-873c-b9d8ecdea473.gif

03671086-6d27-45a0-adc1-e8ee6314d194.gif

My Love From Another Star's Do Min Joon is a hot alien who sees through time and saves the girl of his life. On the other hand, Producer's Baek Seung Chan is a new producer whom everyone blames for their team's poor performance, and awkwardly has a crush on Korea's top singer Cindy (IU).

3. An experienced professor v. Entry-level producer

9f0ed763-7187-46db-b7b2-b47a008e56e0.png346c3f7e-940b-478f-b441-9baadb146dbd.gif

My Love From Another Star's Do Min Joon is a 400-year-old alien disguised as a qualified university lecturer. Producer's Baek Seung Chan is an entry-level TV show producer who's yet to prove his performance.

. Ability to read people’s minds v. Awkward miscommunications

52df943b-fd1b-497d-afa2-765e58ac0ddc.gif

1af2a120-11bf-4dbf-b109-55fa5dc17cd8.gif

My Love From Another Star's Do Min Joon can stop time and perform other cool super powers. Producer's Baek Seung Chan is awkward and often miscommunicates, which causes him to get scolded by his boss Ra Joon Mo (Cha Tae Hyun).

5. Distances others from him v. Cares for others

d9cbe0bb-b29f-4a41-a52e-89457496e5cc.jpg

e4094dd7-5fea-4df2-8c0b-f2df82ce1bf9.gif

My Love From Another Star's Do Min Joon isn't a social person. He believes human's feelings are foolish and childlike and distances himself from others. Producer's Baek Seung Chan, on the other hand, is caring of others and makes Korea's top star Cindy fall in love with him.

6. Cynical about love v. Forward about love

175ec462-0ead-45bd-93ae-a77bbd3de572.jpge274e7fc-3357-4671-b136-eba918a6e271.gif

My Love From Another Star's Do Min Joon defines love as a mere curiosity, jealousy, habit or confusion, and takes time to warm up to the love of his life, Chun Song Yi (Jeon Ji Hyun). Producer's Baek Seung Chan is very forward about his hopeless crush, and pursues it even when his love interest is living with another man.

7. If there's one thing they have in common, it's that they know how to kiss!

f3e710e3-0ce4-4edc-8d29-5c87801f3fdb.gif

9d523a9c-c14b-4aa4-a527-61333695ed4c.gif

a70df26d-4fe9-42d0-a434-9d95c2b2d624.gif

fd5bf5ef-810f-498b-865c-9a5115b8f447.gif

Don't they?! On a side note, Producer's Baek Seung Chan has kissed all three main leads Tak Ye Jin (Gong Hyo Jin), Cindy ( IU) and even Ra Joon Mo (Cha Tae Hyun).

cr: dramafewer

Edited by swingbaby
  • Like 7

did anyone read this?

Flash Review: Producer

July 15, 2015 by kfangurl 9 Comments

Producer%20001_zpsaiqxsaqr.jpg

I’m very pleasantly surprised by just how much I enjoyed Producer:

• Despite not being so keen on its initial mockumentary style;
  • Despite its notoriously long episodes that run for at least 80 minutes each; and
  • Despite not being all that interested in Show’s premise to begin with.

I suppose I could call that a triple-whammy happy bonus?

Producer%20002_zpsdq2gsbjc.png

MY THEORY ON THE DIVIDE

So basically, this show experimented with a variety-esque sort of format, and then after two episodes, in response to very underwhelming response from local viewers, shifted gears to be more drama-heavy and variety-light in terms of its format.

My theory is, people who welcomed the mockumentary approach were probably disappointed to see the format go, while viewers who weren’t so keen on the mockumentary style were relieved when the show adopted a more conventional drama approach.

Personally, I thought the mockumentary format was quite refreshing and even rather fun at first. But by the 25-minute mark, I found myself getting bored coz everything felt rather aimless and random, and there didn’t seem to be much of an actual plotline. I was definitely relieved when Show evolved into something that was stronger on story.

In terms of why the mockumentary style didn’t sit so well with many viewers, there are 2 main reasons in my mind.

1. The Variety Disconnect

In the first two episodes of the show, there were lots – like, LOTS – of references to variety shows and celebs, including kpop idols.

Viewers in the know would’ve been quite tickled by all the references and cameos. The thing is, because there were so many references, it’s very likely only an elite handful of viewers who are deeply well-versed in k-variety, kpop, and k-ent in general, were actually able to appreciate it.

The references were probably mostly lost on a large sector of viewers. Without an appreciation of the references, and without much of a story to engage with otherwise, it’s understandable that this sector of viewers felt a big disconnect with the show.

When Show adjusted its balance to accommodate more story and less mockumentary, this basically made the show more accessible to drama fans at large.

2. Too Real for Comfort

This could’ve been just me, but in the thick of its mockumentary style, I actually felt Show was too real for comfort.

I found the episode 2 spotlight on the types of conditions trainees that live under quite troubling, rather than entertaining. And I also found the way production life was portrayed in the same episode rather bemusing.

Yes, I know that that’s pretty much how k-ent works. And yes, I know that other shows have touched on similar issues, like King of Dramas, for example. The thing is, I think it worked better in King of Dramas because it had at least feltdramatized. Here, because Show takes on a mockumentary style, everything feels more real. Which honestly just makes it a lot less fun to watch, coz these realities are harsh, and when I watch a drama, I like to momentarily forget what those harsh realities are.

Show’s eventual balance of more drama, less variety worked for me, because as much as it’s interesting to see into the workings of the k-ent industry, sometimes, preserving the fiction is what makes watching dramas entertaining and fun.

PACE AND TONE

Producer%20003_zps0jwtvsna.png

I honestly really liked the pace and rhythm that Show eventually settles into.

The slowish pace at which we follow people around at work, coupled with the long episodes, sometimes made Show feel sort of like a Misaeng, just with a showbiz context. I kind of felt like Seung Chan (Kim Soo Hyun) was our Geu Rae, all naive and new, and trying to survive in a harsh world.

The beats are meandering and everyday, and watching this show really does feel like living life with these characters, as we experience their daily ups and downs with them. The slice-of-life flavor feels accessibly engaging, in an easy, laidback, just-hanging-out-with-my-friends sort of way.

After a while, I didn’t even feel the long episodes anymore, I just enjoyed hanging out with these characters so much.

THE CHARACTERS

Producer%20004_zpshkxfvluq.png

Our main characters are a big part of what made the show, for me, and I thought all four of them were quite perfectly cast.

I always enjoy Gong Hyo Jin, and thought she did an effortless job of bringing Ye Jin to life, all abrasive bluster on the outside, but warm and caring on the inside.

Cha Tae Hyun also did a good job as Joon Mo, who’s all big talk but is actually sheepish and unsure of what to do most of the time. Notably, he manages to keep Joon Mo essentially likable, even when Joon Mo is at his most aggravating.

The nerdy, clueless, petty-but-earnest Seung Chan is such a huge departure from Kim Soo Hyun‘s last drama role as You From Another Star‘s grumpy cool alien, and Kim Soo Hyun totally nails it.

Seung Chan really grew on me as a character, and I very much enjoyed watching him come into his own as a rookie PD, but with nervous nerdy tendencies very much intact. Kim Soo Hyun embodies Seung Chan in an admirably intricate manner, and makes Seung Chan come alive in all the little details, from the nervous blink of his eyes, to the slight stiffness in his body posture. Really good.

Besides Seung Chan, another character that I really enjoyed was IU‘s Cindy. When we first meet Cindy, she comes across as rather one-note with her bored arrogant attitude to everyone and everything. As we progress through the episodes, though, Cindy shows increasing degrees of softness and vulnerability, making her progressively more and more relatable and likable. Her arc of growth and self-discovery was hands-down one of my favorite storylines in the show.

RELATIONSHIPS

Producer%20005_zpsynnzwjuj.png

With Show moving away from its initial mockumentary focus, the criss-crossed lovelines among our main characters come to the fore, and add interest to Show’s daily, go-to-work-with-the-PDs sort of vibe.

Sure, Show kept me on my toes by keeping the outcome of the lovelines murky for almost its entire run. But, unlike the Who’s The Hubs game that the Answer Me franchise seems so fond of, Producer being slow to resolve its lovelines didn’tmake me feel manipulated. It just felt like I was watching real people trying to deal with real emotions, while inhabiting their real personalities which often got in their way. I didn’t mind them taking the time they needed to figure things out, because after all, Real Life takes time and often doesn’t resolve itself in a neat bow by a designated o’clock.

Plus, our characters were all generally getting along in such sweetly heartwarming ways, that I felt like I could root for various loveline outcomes. I thought Seung Chan would be cute with Ye Jin, but I also felt he would be sweet with Cindy. I could totally imagine Ye Jin enjoying a great bickering relationship with Joon Mo, but I could also potentially see her in a really cute noona romance with Seung Chan as well. Which is why, even though this show kept me guessing in terms of who would end up dating whom, I didn’t mind it at all.

Another reason that I didn’t mind Show’s slow treatment of the lovelines, is that beyond the romance, I found the burgeoning friendships among our characters really heartwarming.

The growing closeness between our characters, as they became more comfortable and open with one another, was something that I really enjoyed watching.

[SPOILERS THROUGH THE END OF THE REVIEW]

One of my favorite friendship beats in the show, is when Cindy runs away from her celeb life in episode 7, and hides out in Joon Mo’s apartment.

I loved watching her hang out with Ye Jin, Seung Chan and Joon Mo, and how we got to see more of her real, down-to-earth, and surprisingly super-organized personality. Playing random drinking games; getting tipsy and acting out with Ye Jin while the boys scrambled to keep things under control; having Seung Chan race her around in her wheelchair; this was the kind of stuff – friendship sort of stuff – that Cindy really needed in her life. Love.

SPECIAL SHOUT-OUTS

Producer%20007_zpsyfsk960n.png

Aside from our main characters, Show served up a bunch of cameos and side arcs that also helped to bring the fun.

Most notably, I found Kim Jong Kook fantastically funny in his role as Hong Soon, the brown-nosing, petty, somewhat paranoid PD who finds himself unconsciously yet unquenchably fascinated by the controlling-yet-breathily-sexy Office Manager (Ye Ji Won). I found their unexpected hot ‘n heavy office romance extremely hilarious, and perked up whenever their little arc showed up on my screen.

Cameo-wise, my favorite is quite possibly Go Ara’s appearance in episode 8 as Cindy’s frenemy. I found their arc very cute, and unexpectedly heartwarming. I think I loved any beat that had to do with Cindy discovering friendship, really.

Special shout-out to Jang Hyuk‘s and Lee Chun Hee’s cameos at the end of episode 4, with both actors appearing as Ye Jin’s ex-boyfriends complaining about her unreasonable closeness to Joon Mo. Hee. Both are such great choices, and I enjoy both actors very much. <3

CLOSING THOUGHTS

Producer%20006_zpsyzrhdoej.png

As this show drew to its close, I actually felt quite wistful; I didn’t feel ready to say goodbye to these characters just yet, that’s how much I was enjoying the show.

The hardest thing to watch in Show’s final stretch, was President Byun (Na Young Hee) sabotaging Cindy to her face, and with a smile too. How disturbingly premeditated, cold and calculated. I honestly had trouble understanding why President Byun wanted to retire Cindy, when Cindy was portrayed as her company’s biggest cash cow.

The most poignant moment, for me, was Seung Chan struggling through tears, to come to terms with the realization that Ye Jin wasn’t anywhere close to accepting his feelings. Aw. Poor baby.

At the same time, there were many gratifying moments among the bitter and the bittersweet.

I loved that Joon Mo made a stand and kept Cindy on the show. I loved the moment Cindy was woken up by the 1N2D crew. I love that they chose her and rallied around her, even in the face of the cut-throat world of k-ent where ratings rule and the weight of netizens’ opinions bear down like an elephant in stilettos.

I loved that Ye Jin saved the day by digging up the evidence that would clear Cindy’s name. I felt that for Ye Jin, it wasn’t just about doing the right thing, but that it was also about doing right by a friend. And I do love that Cindy’s now a friend.

And I loved Seung Chan’s drunken aegyo, which is even more hilarious than Ye Jin’s drunken aegyo.

Also on the upside, we finally see Ye Jin and Joon Mo start a romance proper. Sure, Joon Mo is still quite the moron about expressing his feelings, but at least Ye Jin and Joon Mo get their happy ending.

Again on the upside, I like that we see Seung Chan and Cindy making baby steps of progress, definitely towards becoming better friends, and maybe even towards romance.

In the end, it’s nothing terribly groundbreaking or even very dramatic, really. But it’s a warm and uplifting note on which to end, with each of our characters making inroads on their individual journeys, while maintaining their relationships with one another.

At its heart, Producers is a story about people, growth and relationships, and even after the final credits have rolled, I feel like these characters will continue to grow as they live life together, for a long time to come – a thought which I find satisfying indeed.

THE FINAL VERDICT:

Warm slice-of-life goodness, despite its early-episode identity crisis.

FINAL GRADE: B+

TEASER:

MVs:

Here’s a fun boppy vid that’s great for re-visiting all four of our main characters:

And here’s a vid for Seung Chan-Cindy shippers:

http://thefangirlverdict.com/2015/07/15/flash-review-producer/

• Like 5

Ooops, sorry @shahizzy8884 - I feel so silly now lol... I never get these things right!  Even though it's not your art, thanks for sharing... it's adorable :)

@moniw18, no worries..no big deal dear.hihihi..:D sharing is caring. Pls come and share anything about our baby more often.okey..:)

Wahh..So many update today.I like it..thanks for sharing @dramafan888, @swingbaby, @ilwoo_aein

Warm hug.hee..:wub:

a3fa4b35gw1eujzgxnlhlj20m80huq4x.jpg

a3fa4b35gw1eujzgz315nj20m80huwge.jpg

cr as tag in pic

Edited by shahizzy8884
  • Like 5

Seo Eun-ah, Kim Soo Hyun's possible partner for his next movie "Real"
translated by Pechumori

Actor Kim Soo Hyun found a partner for his next project "Real". Rookie actress Seo Eun-ah rose up as the strong candidate for the heroine's role.

An official from the movie "Real" said "Seo Eun climbed as a strong candidate as the heroine" and "We are at the stage of confirming the casting." Seo Eun-ah graduated from the Korea National University of Arts and won Best New Actress at the 50th Daejong Awards in 2013. She appeared in the 2013 drama "Flower Boy Next Door", 2011 movie "UFO", 2013 movies "Act" and "Commitment" and the 2014 movie "The Youth".

"Real" has been confirmed as Kim Soo Hyun's next project after the KBS2 TV drama "Producers". The rookie actress who will be Kim Soo Hyun's partner must show a high level of exposure to acting because she will be playing an intense character. It was revealed that a behind the scenes competition was held for this role.

Earlier, the movie "Real" via Instagram, announced that they will hold a public audition for the role of the heroine. At that time, the production company of "Real" said that they were looking for 2 actresses to play the heroine roles (from mid to late 20s) with a high level exposure to acting. In addition to the acting transformation of Kim Soo Hyun in this movie, the announcement gained interest for the performance of the actress.

htm_20150730172139c010c021.jpg

http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=18356060&cloc=

• Like 3

Guest aranggr

Kim Soo Hyun's possible leading lady for his upcoming movie "Real" is rookie actress Seo Eun. According to the production company, they are at the stage of confirming the casting. Seo Eun appeared in the drama "Flower Boy Next Door" and the movies "The Youth" and "UFO"

http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=18356060&cloc=

#FilmREAL now denies the casting news.

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&aid=0002639457

cr Starsjo88

Kim Soo Hyun Discusses Epic Kiss Scene With Cha Tae Hyun in “Producer”

Kim Soo Hyun Discusses Epic Kiss Scene With Cha Tae Hyun in “Producer”

In a recent interview with SohuTV‘s “Korean Entertainment,” Kim Soo Hyunspilled the beans on his epic kiss scene with Cha Tae Hyun in KBS drama “Producer.”

To a question about how he felt when he first saw the kiss in the script, the actor replied, “I felt pressure in having to act drunk because it’s [basically] acting out a completely different character.”

He continued, “And because there was a kiss scene on top of that, I was nervous mentally and physically.”

Kim Soo Hyun also revealed that immediately after they filmed the kiss, he apologized to Cha Tae Hyun, “I’m sorry. That happened without my intention.”

Not going to lie, Kim Soo Hyun seemed like a natural for how nervous he was! Relive the moment below, and share with us your thoughts!

credit: Soompi

• Like 5

Morning gals! :)

'My Love From Another Star' Gives Us 9 Reasons To Believe Having An Alien Boyfriend is The Best55e80150-14a8-0133-461b-0a2ca390b447.png

If you’ve watched the astronomically popular Korean drama My Love From Another Star, you’ve probably realized that Do Min Joon (who happens to be portrayed by the dreamy Kim So Hyun) is basically the end-all, be-all when it comes to boyfriends. I mean, aside from the fact that he has the non-aging skin of an already genetically-blessed 25 year-old, he also happens to be ultra-smart, he’s basically a superhero, and above all? He’s seriously head-over-heels (like, write angry diary entries-level smitten) for Cheon Song Yi.

No K-drama is complete without a preternaturally compelling love story — but the supernatural element (not to mention Cheon Song Yi’s career as a top hallyu star, and the billionaire heir determined to kill her) makes My Love From Another Star particularly spectacular. Besides, as far as tropes go, is there really anything better than a super-powered boyfriend? Off the top of my head, in addition to Do Min Joon, there’s Daredevil’s Matt Murdock, Doctor Who’s The Doctor, Star Trek’s Spock, Thor’sThor… and, yes, Twilight’s Edward Cullen — and all five (or four, if you’re morally opposed to Twilight) are each romantic catches in their own right. So, with that in mind, here are 9 reasons you should be on the hunt for an alien boyfriend.

1. Super-Strength Really Does Come in Handy Sometimes…

a72b5570-14a5-0133-461b-0a2ca390b447.png

a718b160-14a5-0133-4617-0a2ca390b447.png

Especially when a hitman has drugged you, and placed you in a brakeless car rolling down a hill towards a cliff.

2. …As Does The Ability To Stop Time

55ed5210-14a8-0133-50a5-0ec273752cbd.png

Yeah, the ability to literally stop time is pretty darn romantic (and useful).

3. Super-Human Hearing Ain’t Always Bad, Either…

55e49850-14a8-0133-50a7-0ec273752cbd.png

Especially if he hears you crying about pain in the lower right quadrant of your stomach in the middle of the night, and is able to diagnose you with appendicitis on the spot.

4. …And Teleportation Is Basically The Best

b95ad6e0-14aa-0133-f513-0e18518aac2f.png

How cool would it be to travel to beautiful locales with little more effort than a snap of the fingers?

ec736ff0-14aa-0133-50af-0ec273752cbd.gif

5. You May Have Met Them In A Past Life

a7378590-14a5-0133-461b-0a2ca390b447.png

The fact that Jun Ji Hyun and Do Min Joon had already met in another life only added an extra level of true love to their saga.

Or hey, maybe you’ve even met them in multiple lives:

a7364c90-14a5-0133-461e-0a2ca390b447.gif

a73b2120-14a5-0133-4617-0a2ca390b447.gif

Destiny is destiny.

6. You Might Get To Visit Their (Awesome) Home Planet

a6fdbea0-14a5-0133-461e-0a2ca390b447.gif

Asgard has its risks, sure, but there’s no denying the fact that it’s quite the destination.

7. (And You Might Meet Your Annoying Future In-Laws In the Process)

a73e09d0-14a5-0133-50aa-0ec273752cbd.gif

A slap in the face is a relatively small price to pay for a failed attempt at world domination, when you think about it.

8. They Still Have On-Point Personal Style, Even After Going Through A Worm Hole

d0579010-14a5-0133-50ac-0ec273752cbd.png

a71a7a00-14a5-0133-f511-0e18518aac2f.png

Yeah, Do Min Joon somehow managed to keep things quite classy during his years of being trapped in a wormhole (it’s kind of a long story).

9. If They’re Centuries Old, They Might Have Picked Up Some Cool Tricks Over The Years

Like speaking baby…

2ddd31c0-14a6-0133-50a9-0ec273752cbd.gif

…And triage skills to save your life, for when the occasional serial murderer tries to poison you…

a715e4a0-14a5-0133-461e-0a2ca390b447.png

…Not to mention a law degree, to keep you from going bankrupt.

a7234870-14a5-0133-461c-0a2ca390b447.png

What do you think? Convinced that alien boyfriends are the way to go?

3a695460-14d6-0133-4618-0a2ca390b447.gif

cr: bustle.com

Edited by swingbaby
  • Like 6