❤️Kim Soo Hyun ❤️ 김수현❤️

swingbaby

"It's okay with psycho," Director Park ...  "Kim Soo-hyun and Kwak Dong-yeon are outstanding and impressive."

The tvN Saturday drama 'Psycho, but it's okay' directed by Park Shin-Woo, boasted a strong story and actors' appreciation. In particular, it has been popular for the sensuous directing sense that maximizes the synergy of all of these. 

The scene depicting the patient's food served by the guardian Moon Kang-tae (Kim Soo-hyun) in a cute caregiver, the 2nd sequence expressing the happy mood of Moon Sang Tae (Oh Jung-se) with an autism spectrum have a deep impression.

It is an episode 3 of patient Kwon-ki Kwon (Kwak Dong-yeon), showing impressive scenes every time, such as four episodes that compare the essence of Moon Kang-tae, who wanted to be beautiful to someone, back to a pure childhood. In particular, the reason that it is deeply engraved in the viewers' minds even after the broadcast is over is because the warm eyes of director Park Shin-woo, who seemed to say 'it's okay to all a little different' characters in the drama. 

In response to the increased interest in director Park, Shin-Woo, he said about the directing points of this 'Psycho But It's Okay'. When I'm performing, I worry about the tone and manners of the drama. I was worried about whether to follow or neutralize. Of course, there seems to be more unique parts of the script than my script.

Afterwards, about the point where I was annoyed by the direction, "The story and the subject I wanted was a very good script. I wanted to convey the authenticity of the story even if it took a little time to empathize and understand the material or character. Some unusual parts I think it's a very attractive and fun story after accepting a little strange part, so I wanted to focus on finding a way to direct this story.” 

In addition, director Park Shin-woo said, “The acting of Kim Soo-hyun and Kwak Dong-yeon was so impressive that they were very impressive.” First, through a scene in which Kang-tae who had concealed his desire for his busy life, projected himself to patient Kwon-ki kwon, who played freely regardless of the eyes of the people of the world

The expression of Kang Tae looking at prayer in the epilogue is also an expression of the feeling that Gang Tae felt for prayer in this drama, but it is also the expression that we can build after having an understanding of strangers."

On the other hand, the fairy tale code in the drama is also an indispensable factor, and among the dramas in which the actual publication was recently announced, the storybook, stop-motion animation, epilogue, etc. become a hot topic. In response, director Park Shin-woo said, "It wasn't created in the context of emphasizing only the fairy tale code." The theme of the work, the warriors of the protagonists, and the inside are embodied in the fairy tales in the work. I was strongly connected with it, so I wanted to introduce it in detail.” 

In addition, viewers are pouring out various interpretations by discovering various metaphors in the world of his directing, such as the sand art reflected behind the scenes of Moon Kang-tae and Ko Moon-young grasping the sword and red shoes worn by Go Moon-young and the butterfly trauma of Moon Sang Tae. Director Park Shin-woo who received such a keen interest, expressed his sincere appreciation, "I think the interpretation of each acceptor is more important and valuable than my intention." 

Lastly, all the slightly different characters in 'Psycho but it's okay'  Director Park said, "I want you to eat together, walk in the streets in the same city, and go to the same school in the same neighborhood, at the same job, or whatever you do, it takes to be a 'fine' people.

At the same time, he expressed his affection and said to the viewers, “I hope to be a “good” drama.”

Full article

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=312&aid=0000450762

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0001165097

0000450762_001_20200702141211756.jpg?type=w540

Kim Soo-hyun, passion to visit real guardians for 'Psycho but it's okay' 

Kim Soo-hyun made an extraordinary effort to act as a psychiatric ward guard in 'Psycho But It's Okay'.

Kim Soo-hyun played the role of Moon Kang-tae in the TVN Saturday drama 'Psycho But It's Okay'

As a guardian of the mental ward, Moon Kang-tae meets with a fairy tale writer Ko Moon-young (Seo Ye-ji) who does not know about love due to her birth defects. Moon Gang-tae has been making strange romances through meeting Go Moon-young

In particular, Moon Kang-tae, who is under the weight of his life in 'Psycho, but it's okay', is raising professional consensus by taking care of patients with mental wards as well as Ko Moon-young.

It is said that for Moon Kang-tae's character, Kim Soo-hyun has worked hard before filming. A production official of 'Psycho but it's okay' told Star News, "Kim Soo-hyun went to the teacher who worked at the actual ward before filming and asked for advice. In addition, he tried to contain the character through various stories about his job, such as the actual ward episode".

With such efforts by Kim Soo-hyun, viewers are attracting and immersing emotions in Moon Gang-tae. In the future, Moon Kang-tae will be made more stereoscopic by adding Kim Soo-hyun's delicate emotional acting and raising expectations

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20200702084744053?fbclid=IwAR2iVpCQnTnzYnYwsYQk7OwFMgrxSxgeJ8Cj-AL0Au-pd3A3AQ9DqnNpzhE

106531750_1315224792142900_6352704685130

19 hours ago, hwonhwon_stv said:

Jung Sang-hoon   .....   Special Appearance in 'Psycho but it's okay'

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=108&aid=0002875588

hwonhwon, thanks for sharing this. No report yet was made as to what sort of role he would play. :blush:

[Photos] New Stills Added for the Korean Drama "It's Okay to Not Be Okay"

photo1204010.jpg

photo1204014.jpg

photo1204011.jpg

Spoiler

photo1204013.jpg

photo1204012.jpg

Source : /www.hancinema.net/ko...

It's Okay To Not Be Okay

New pics

202007020925338322_img_3_20200702092706759.jpg?type=w540

202007020925338322_img_4_20200702092706771.jpg?type=w540

It's Okay To Not be Okay
Streaming Popularity and Rankings July 1

83430972_1315255048806541_81360525128835

Philippines

106481568_1315255108806535_7659849938056

BLACKPINK RECOMMENDS K-DRAMA "IT'S OKAY TO NOT BE OKAY" TO Fans

Jennie said, "You guys should watch It's Okay To Not Be Okay." It's the new drama starring Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji who BP can't help but fangirl over!

https://myx.abs-cbn.com/features/24866/blackpink-recommends-k-drama-its-okay-to-not-be-ok

rZ9ZaVpy?format=png&name=small

• Like 3

4 hours ago, hwonhwon_stv said:

2020.07.02  Gold Medalist Kim Soo-hyun Profile Picture

hwonhwon, thanks for sharing these very NICE & COOL photos. They definitely made my DAY! Gold Medalist just wants to treat fans better with more pictures of him. :blush:

BTS

14 minutes ago, willenette said:

hwonhwon, thanks for sharing these very NICE & COOL photos. They definitely made my DAY! Gold Medalist just wants to treat fans better with more pictures of him. :blush:

You're welcome willenette

Director Park Shin Woo Talks About How ‘It’s Okay to Not Be Okay’ Will Be an Attractive Story if You Accept the Unfamiliar Parts

It’s Okay to Not Be Okay is receiving positive reviews for its solid story and sensuous directing that highlights the actors’ passionate performances.

The scenes that have captivated the viewers are episode 1) a comical visual effect scene where a patient threw up on Moon Kang Tae, episode 2) a sequence depicting “happiness” of Moon Sang Tae, who is suffering from autistic spectrum disorder, episode 3) a touching episode of patient Kwon Ki Do, episode 4) a scene where Moon Kang Tae’s inner desire to be loved by someone is depicted through his childhood.

In response, director Park Shin Woo shared the key points of his directing in It’s Okay to Not Be Okay.

“I usually ponder over the drama’s ‘tone and manner’ when I am directing, but because It’s Okay to Not Be Okay has such a distinct personality that I was worried about whether to follow or neutralize that personality. Of course, I will admit that there are more unique parts than the script because of my taste.”

“The script had a clear story and topics. I wanted to convey the sincerity of the story even if it took a while to empathize and understand the subject or character. I think the story will get very attractive if you accept the unfamiliar parts and some unusual parts. So I wanted to focus on finding a way of directing just for this story.”

About the scene in episode 2 – a sequence depicting “happiness” of Moon Sang Tae on his way to the signing event of his favorite storybook writer, Go Moon Young – that drew explosive reactions, he explained, “The script showed the happiness of Moon Sang Tae, and when I visited the filming location, there were lots of fun things. There were lots of mannequins, cherry blossom streets, umbrellas, pretty birds in spring posters hanging all over the street, dancing signs, and even raining murals. I wondered how these things would be seen in the eyes of happy Sang Tae. I think I wanted to do that even more (making the sequence) because people with autism spectrum are often portrayed only in unstable and scary ways.”

About directing Go Moon Young, who has an antisocial personality disorder, he said, “I wanted to make Moon Young’s possessiveness and obsession feel similar to that of a young child who wants to have a toy at the beginning of the drama. How Moon Young, who doesn’t understand emotions, changes is the key point of the drama.”

The fairytale in the drama is also an indispensable factor. The storybooks, which have confirmed the release in real life, stop motion animations, and epilogues, have become the talk of the town. Director Park Shin Woo said, “We didn’t create them to emphasize the fairytale codes. The theme of the work, and the history and inner stories of the main characters, are often embodied in these fairytales. The writer has put a ton of effort in writing them, and because they have such strong connections with the drama, I wanted to introduce them in detail.”

https://zapzee.net/2020/07/02/director-park-shin-woo-talks-about-how-its-okay-to-not-be-okay-will-be-an-attractive-story-if-you-accept-the-unfamiliar-parts/

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 07. 01.

"It's Okay to Not Be Okay" - weird, heart-warming love story of Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji

8D848AB9-9A67-4075-BA7F-A35A3DDD44D1.jpg

A weird yet convincing love.

The light of hope has gradually been glowing in the romantic love story of Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji.

The Sat-Sun drama "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" (tvN) is a rom-com added with fanciful elements about the love like a fairy tale. It revolves around caregiver Moon Kang Tae (played by Kim Soo Hyun), who refuses love because of burdens in life, and the children's book writer Ko Moon Young (played by Seo Ye Ji), who has no idea of love due to an inborn disability. The two encounter and then soothe each other's pain.

Showing unusual chemistry right from the first episode, Moon Kang Tae and Go Moon Young are widely supported and affectionately nicknamed "daldal couple" (sweet couple) which combines the word "dal" (meaning "Moon") and "Moon" in both names. Let's analyze the loveline of the drama to see how their collaboration has built up the story that has mesmerized TV viewers.

It's fate but doesn't seem like it

After visiting the hospital to conduct the children’s book reading, Go Moon Young encountered a patient who is a father trying to abuse his daughter mentally. This reminded her of her father who attempted to kill her when she was small. When Go Moon Young was furiously holding the knife, caregiver Moon Kang Tae rushed to stop her. Living a harsh life and getting used to hiding emotions, Moon Kang Tae suppressed his pain of the bleeding hand to protect the patient. This image intrigued Go Moon Young, who innately can't hide her feelings, thereby heralding a bittersweet destiny.

"Stimulating" flirtation

Go Moon Young straightforwardly confessed to Moon Kang Tae that she wanted him because "you're handsome". Although he pushed Go Moon Young away and said that she was "an immoral person", Moon Kang Tae took an interest in her and gently taught her the "butterfly embrace" method to control her emotions. Moon Kang Tae didn't show his feelings and deliberately eluded Go Moon Young, but he kept thinking about her whisper, that "Don't wear a cap. So that I can see your handsome face." That was the moment showing that he had already thought of her.

An affectionate guy and a suffered girl

At the provocation of Go Moon Young, who always saw through his heart and affirmed, "You want to play", Moon Kang Tae finally said honestly, "Can I play with you?". Despite always having to live a hard life because he has to take care of his autistic brother, Moon Kang Tae has shown his desire to have a real life for himself, not a hypocritical life with the catch phrase "My brother is my everything". After curiously following Moon Kang Tae to his hometown, Go Moon Young also frankly confronted with the terrible existence of the mother who used to see her as a work, and faced psychological trauma when standing in front of the father who now has dementia. Both of them are subconsciously bringing change to each other without even knowing it.

Giving each other warmth

Moon Kang Tae and Go Moon Young, the couple who once pretended not to know their true self, realized that they turned out to have more similar flaws than anyone else and needed a consoling, comforting warmth for themselves. The two characters stood face to face in the pouring rain as if in tears, finally embraced each other, they are both filled with trauma, and brought warmth to each other. The public is curious as to whether the couple's sympathy, which moves the audience's heart, is capable of leading to a true soul-healing love story, as well as the path that the two of them will continue in the light reflected by the lighthouse.

On the other hand, according to the content power index (CPI, calculated in the 4th week of June 2020, from June 22 to June 28), "Psycho But It's Okay" is leading the two categories of TV dramas and most influential programs, thereby proving its remarkable popularity.

Reporter Cho Yeon Gyeong  cho.yeongyeong@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

Kim Soo Hyun’s ‘It’s Okay to Not Be Okay’ Records 18 Million Views

Kim Soo Hyun’s comeback project, It’s Okay to Not Be Okay, shows “top” popularity.

According to an analysis by Smart Media Rep (SMR), which distributes clips of major broadcasters on online platforms such as Naver and YouTube, the accumulated number of views of tvN’s weekend drama It’s Okay to Not Be Okayexceeded 18 million views on June 30, and the average number of views per episode was 3.37 million.

It’s Okay to Not Be Okay is a romantic comedy drama about a fantasy fairytale-like love between Moon Kang Tae (Kim Soo Hyun), a psych ward community worker who refuses to love from being oppressed by the weight of life, and Go Moon Young (Seo Ye Ji), a storybook writer who doesn’t understand love due to her antisocial personality disorder.

Thanks to actors’ passionate performances, the first episode’s highlight video has surpassed 1 million views, making it the most viewed videos.

Then, the first scene of Seo Ye Ji came in second with 630,000 views. In the scene, Seo Ye Ji graciously broke the prejudice of “the princess is unconditionally nice” held by a young fan and flawlessly showed how Goo Moon Young, who has an antisocial personality, thinks.

https://zapzee.net/2020/07/02/kim-soo-hyuns-its-okay-to-not-be-okay-records-18-million-views/

106094670_3156708381052083_4000355894900

106527666_635689990488844_49762071269663

0002875998_001_20200703075006704.jpg?type=w540

• Like 1

It’s Okay To Not Be Okay’

New stills

0000835558_002_20200703083411426.jpg?type=w540

0000675490_001_20200703083515765.jpg?type=w540

Kim Soo Hyun Faces Seo Ye Ji’s Wrath For 1st Time In “It’s Okay To Not Be Okay”

tvN’s “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” has shared a sneak peek of a tense confrontation between Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji!

On the previous episode of “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay,” Moon Kang Tae (played by Kim Soo Hyun) and Go Moon Young (played by Seo Ye Ji) grew closer to one another after learning about each other’s emotional wounds. Go Moon Young was able to read Moon Kang Tae, who longed to be loved after losing his mother at an early age, while Moon Kang Tae began to understand Go Moon Young by reading her storybooks.

However, just as romance appeared to be blossoming between the two characters, the drama has hinted at a storm on the horizon for the would-be couple. In newly released stills from the upcoming episode of “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay,” a furious Go Moon Young glares angrily at Moon Kang Tae as he stares coldly back at her. After a fiery standoff between the two, Moon Kang Tae ultimately turns and walks away.

Not only do the new photos pique viewers’ curiosity as to what conflict might have transpired between the drama’s two leads, but they also show a new side of Go Moon Young that neither Moon Kang Tae nor viewers have seen before. The writer’s signature playful smirk and mischievous gaze are nowhere to be found, and there is something raw in her eyes as she fixes Moon Kang Tae with an accusing glare.

Additionally, for the first time, Go Moon Young is dressed in a worn-out T-shirt and casual, ordinary clothing—a look that contrasts sharply with the glamorous, eye-catching fashion she has sported throughout the drama thus far.

To find out what happens between Moon Kang Tae and Go Moon Young, tune in to the next episode of “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” on July 4 at 9 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1410613wpp/kim-soo-hyun-faces-seo-ye-jis-wrath-for-1st-time-in-its-okay-to-not-be-okay?fbclid=IwAR04PYX0jMTbybc-f82sJ8fVcSYG4zGxu-53OD5eWKPY2_2SNx6ZgndIYWQ

106906199_2448439668788139_4108617274626

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

8 hours ago, hwonhwon_stv said:

It’s Okay To Not Be Okay’

New stills

Kim Soo Hyun Faces Seo Ye Ji’s Wrath For 1st Time In “It’s Okay To Not Be Okay”

tvN’s “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” has shared a sneak peek of a tense confrontation between Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji!

On the previous episode of “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay,” Moon Kang Tae (played by Kim Soo Hyun) and Go Moon Young (played by Seo Ye Ji) grew closer to one another after learning about each other’s emotional wounds. Go Moon Young was able to read Moon Kang Tae, who longed to be loved after losing his mother at an early age, while Moon Kang Tae began to understand Go Moon Young by reading her storybooks.

However, just as romance appeared to be blossoming between the two characters, the drama has hinted at a storm on the horizon for the would-be couple. In newly released stills from the upcoming episode of “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay,” a furious Go Moon Young glares angrily at Moon Kang Tae as he stares coldly back at her. After a fiery standoff between the two, Moon Kang Tae ultimately turns and walks away.

Not only do the new photos pique viewers’ curiosity as to what conflict might have transpired between the drama’s two leads, but they also show a new side of Go Moon Young that neither Moon Kang Tae nor viewers have seen before. The writer’s signature playful smirk and mischievous gaze are nowhere to be found, and there is something raw in her eyes as she fixes Moon Kang Tae with an accusing glare.

Additionally, for the first time, Go Moon Young is dressed in a worn-out T-shirt and casual, ordinary clothing—a look that contrasts sharply with the glamorous, eye-catching fashion she has sported throughout the drama thus far.

To find out what happens between Moon Kang Tae and Go Moon Young, tune in to the next episode of “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” on July 4 at 9 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1410613wpp/kim-soo-hyun-faces-seo-ye-jis-wrath-for-1st-time-in-its-okay-to-not-be-okay?fbclid=IwAR04PYX0jMTbybc-f82sJ8fVcSYG4zGxu-53OD5eWKPY2_2SNx6ZgndIYWQ

hwonhwon, thanks for sharing this. I love the drama since there's a unique storyline and interesting characters. :blush:

2 hours ago, willenette said:

hwonhwon, thanks for sharing this. I love the drama since there's a unique storyline and interesting characters. :blush:

You're welcome willenette :)

Yes, I love the drama too. Also Soo Hyun looks handsome and younger :P

2020.07.03  Kim Soo-hyun's Instagram upload

IMG_6411.JPG?type=w800

2020.07.03   “It’s Okay To Not Be Okay Kim Soo Hyun” is trending NO 7 on Naver Entertainments-Sports Section