Gong Hyo Jin 공효진

melusine

1 hour ago, daisyjhey said:

love all the update from Missing promotion, and  i love this video, she really has a lovely voice:wub:

Yeah even she dont have high tone but its really lovely to hear... Oyeah...so, GHJ gonna play as chinese woman so that she sing Chinese lullaby... 

And here is video from Missing Promo tonite, the tall couple...

And some picture of GHJ and UJW

• Like 4

Warner Bros. to Increase Local Film Production in South Korea

2:03 AM PDT 7/27/2016 by Lee Hyo-won

ageofshadows.jpg
Courtesy of Warner Bros.
'Age of Shadows'

Korean-language films 'The Bad Lieutenant' and 'A Single Rider,' starring Lee Byung-hun, are in pre-production stages, as part of a slate of up to four local productions for 2017.

Warner Bros. will release two South Korean films in the country this year and up to four in 2017 as part of its long-term commitment to making Korean-language films for the Asian market.

A Single Rider by first-time writer-director Lee Ju-yeong, starring Asian superstar Lee Byung-hun (RED 2) and actress Gong Hyo-jin, is in the works, while casting is in progress for 2017 title Bad Lieutenant.

The projects will follow the Hollywood studio's first Korean project, The Age of Shadows by Kim Jee-woon (The Good the Bad the Weird). The 10 billion won (about $9 million) actioner hits Korean theaters nationwide on Sept. 7, around the same time it bows at the Toronto Film Festival.

"We have two titles, The Age of Shadows and A Single Rider, lined up for this year, and possibly two-to-four for next year," said Jay Choi, a seasoned Korean producer and former executive of several local investment/distribution firms, who has stepped in as head of local productions.

The sum of 10 billion won is considered a blockbuster budget in Korea, and the budgets for Warner's other projects are expected to match local standards as expenses are expected to be recouped from the local market.

The execs on Wednesday in Seoul emphasized that local productions are ensured full creative freedom, and the appointment of a local veteran such as Choi reflects Warner's vision to create local films for local audiences.Choi's appointment in 2015 has been follwed by that of Monique Esclavissat as Warner's executive vp of international production and acquisition, and that of  Marc Gareton as executive vp of international production.

"We are aiming to make Korean movies for Korean audiences," said Choi. "There was a lot of creative freedom, and all we had to do was translate the script [from Korean to English]. For Age of Shadows we went into production last year and are releasing it this year, which is very efficient for any industry standard. In fact, there was actually a lot more creative freedom compared to Korean studios, because Warner Bros. has less [in terms of] stereotypes about the local market and [less pressure to export films to neighboring markets like China]."

Adds Gareton: "Korea is a valuable market and local box office is one of the largest in the world. It is important for us to be in this market and support Jay's endeavors telling the best stories."

The studio also hopes to help encourage younger filmmakers to make films.

"Warner Bros. is well known for having established relationships with filmmakers on the long term even at the studio level, and we replicate the same thing at the local level," said Esclavissat. "We want to be the home for filmmakers but we also want to be the home for new talented filmmakers, and be an additional option in the Korean market."

The execs hope local productions will create synergy with the studio's distribution business, which has been operating for a long time. "We've been in Korea for 27 years releasing Hollywood movies. We have a lot of knowledge," says Gareton. Adds Esclavissat, "Korea has been a very successful market for Warner Bros.' studio films and has been among the top 5-10 markets. But we're also conscious of the fact that local productions dominate half or more of the share. It's fun and exciting to have local films in addition to the studio films."

Source : www.hollywodwordpress.com

• Like 3

I am trying to looking for more info bout Single Rider... So it will release 2017 or spring 2017. Single rider is second korean movie from Warner Bros played by Lee and Gong Hyo Jin. The first korean movie from WB is Age of Shadow played by Gong Yoo. 

Wooo... Thats great that both movie played by  Soop Managemet actress and actor... Gong2 couple hehhee

• Like 3

Uhm Ji Won says Gong Hyo Jin is most likely to skip reading screenplays

gong-hyo-jin

Uhm Ji Won called out Gong Hyo Jin on the latest broadcast of SBS Radio PowerFM's 'Cultwo Show'. The two actresses were co-stars in the upcoming film 'Missing', and it seems Uhm Ji Won noticed a few of Gong Hyo Jin's habits.

DJ Cultwo asked about what the two co-stars were discussing in Chinese, and Gong Hyo Jin explained, "We use a lot of Chinese in the film," as she took out a screenplay. Uhm Ji Won then said, "Out of all the actors I know, she's the one who's least likely to read the screenplay, but I guess she brought it today."

She added, "When I asked her why she brought it when she doesn't even bring the screenplay to the set, and she said it's because she has to memorize lines in Chinese."

'Missing' premieres in theaters on November 30.

source: allkpop

• Like 4

Gong Hyo Jin explains how she would react to getting betrayed

Gong Hyo Jin talked about how she would handle getting betrayed by someone like a family member. 

On the November 16 airing of 'V' that featured the main actors of upcoming film,'Missing: Lost Child', Gong Hyo Jin and Um Ji Won discussed the topic of betrayal.

When an MC asked, "Would you be able to forgive someone you trusted like a family if that person betrayed you?" Gong Hyo Jin and Um Ji Won both stated that they could. Gong Hyo Jin explained, "I am good at forgiving. I think to myself, 'I guess that is possible," and I am also very good at lying. I am also good at asking for forgiveness." 

Um Ji won shared her thoughts, saying, "I would be really angry and feel like I couldn't forgive, but I would feel better if I forgave." 

gong-hyo-jin_1479309900_1.jpg

Source: allkpop

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, noviphoenix said:

I am trying to looking for more info bout Single Rider... So it will release 2017 or spring 2017. Single rider is second korean movie from Warner Bros played by Lee and Gong Hyo Jin. The first korean movie from WB is Age of Shadow played by Gong Yoo. 

Wooo... Thats great that both movie played by  Soop Managemet actress and actor... Gong2 couple hehhee

Yes me too, so happy for that :D, Gong-gong couple, hope they also will reunite whether in drama or movie or at least CF again haha

Cant wait for both  Missing and Single Rider, i want it to be successful like both movie from Gong Yoo, but at least  i hope it will get positive reviews from viewers and critics

• Like 3

The 20 best-reviewed Asian dramas of all time on DramaFever

by Vivi on Tue, Mar 15, 2016

afbf1fd2-1538-4458-afda-13486c1c9f10.png

We all know which dramas build a lot of buzz and generate monster viewer numbers, but, as anyone who's watched a lot of dramas knows, sometimes the most popular dramas aren't always the best dramas. (I'm not going to name any names here, but you know who you are....) We've shared the 20 most popular dramas of all time on DramaFever, but what about the ones viewers enjoyed most?

If you're looking for a solid watch that other drama lovers like yourself adored, we've compiled a list of the highest-rated dramas of all time on DramaFever. These are the shows with the highest average star ratings from DramaFever viewers (all of them averaging over 4.5/5 stars). We didn't choose these rankings—you, the viewers did! Check out the list to see if you missed some hidden gems!

Note: I recognize that the star ratings may include low score outliers for things unrelated to the drama, but every show will have some of those outliers, and the scores tend to even out as you get thousands of ratings. 

----

9. It's Okay, That's Love (Korea, SBS, 2014)

Starring Jo In Sung and Gong Hyo Jin

Jang Jae Yeol (Jo In Sung) divides his time between being a mystery writer and a radio DJ, but his every waking moment is consumed by his obsessive compulsive disorder. In search of treatment, he's placed in the care of Ji Hye Soo (Gong Hyo Jin), who specializes in psychiatry because of her inability to perform surgeries. Through intimate sessions, they come to realize just how much healing they both need — and that they are more than doctor and patient.

5. The Master's Sun (Korea, SBS, 2013)

Starring So Ji Sub and Gong Hyo Jin

The Hong Sisters, famed romantic-comedy screenwriters, flirt with horror in this unique take on opposites. Joo Joong Won (So Ji Sub) is a rapacious CEO who is only concerned about money. His secretary, Tae Gong Sil (Gong Hyo Jin), is a dark and reticent insomniac who is burdened with the ability to see ghosts. Joong Won and Gong Sil are an unlikely duo in every regard, but they share one thing in common: they are both intensely crippled personalities that need a lot of help. Can the money hungry Joong Won recognize priorities beyond the dollar sign, and can the lonely Gong Sil ever live a life without fear? Together, strange as it may be, it’s possible in this unique dance between yin and yang.

Source: dramafever

Based on quality, I think IOIL should be placed higher, but its okay, i'm happy that two dramas from unnie make it on the listB)B)

• Like 2