Gong Hyo Jin 공효진

melusine

Good morning (or night wherever you are) Gongvelyans :)
Sorry for being MIA for past few days...RL took over and I had little to no time to soompi :( Thanks for all the updates and postings. Keep going.... 
PS: 

GHJ didn't attend SFW? Hmm...could it be avoiding that T3M guy? Btw, did he attend? Anyhoo, that's just IMO and my curiosity.

Hi... Gongvelyans... :-h
I bring bad news and good news.

# Kong Hyo Jin ~ News [20141022]

# Bad News
GHJ unnie will not attend the SIA Awards :((
c04472a1jw1elix66l73sj20ea0bg74w.jpg
SOOP官网留言版回复粉丝对#孔晓振#是否出席SIA颁奖礼的提问:【内容:bling bling树布利!你好!那个...Style Icon Award孔布利有提名,所以我们很努力的投票了,很好奇或许会出席么?SOOP回答: 不要用bling bling来勾引我。好像不能去。吼吼】
cr : 孔晓振吧 from SOOP Board

Bing Translate :
SOOP's website message board, fans reply # Hon Kong Xiaozhen # whether to attend the SIA Awards: "contents: Bling Bling tree Bradley! How do you do! The ... Style Icon Award nominated Kong Buli, so we've hard votes, curious may attend it? SOOP replied: don't tempt me by the bling bling. Can't seem to go. Hou Hou "

# Good News
GHJ unnie will come back with "Educating Rita" :D
c04472a1jw1eljqi8fna9j20q91gidse.jpg
22日从话剧界得到的消息#孔晓振#最 近确定出演曺在显制作的话剧“Educating Lita”(中文译名:教导丽塔,电影中文译名:凡夫俗女)的女主演并在准备中。这是其在9月终演的SBS电视剧《没关系,是爱情啊》之后第一部作品消 息。“Educating Lita”预计今年12月初第一次公演后,大约会连演两个月左右。
cr : 孔晓振吧

Bing Translate :
22nd news # Kong Xiaozhen # recently received from the drama OK playing chugye in making explicit the play "Educating Lita" (English translation: teach, Rita movie the Hansard: ordinary girl) actress and in preparation. This is the SBS TV series never mind play that at the end of September, is the first work after the message of love. "Educating Lita" is expected in early December this year after the first public performance, and ran for approximately two months or so.

Guest marikolah

@yumenas Thank you, thank you. But it sounds like it's going to be a live play which means we'll only be able to see it if we go to Korea. I hope i'm wrong and that it's a movie instead. In any case, hope she kills it and gives everyone an awesome performance. 
Wikipedia: 
Educating Rita is a British 1983 drama/comedy film directed by Lewis Gilbert with a screenplay by Willy Russell based on Russell's stage play. The film stars Michael Caine, Julie Walters, and Maureen Lipman. It won multiple major awards for best actor and best actress and was nominated for three Oscars. 

Liverpudlian working-class young woman Rita (Walters) wants to better herself by studying literature. Her assigned Open University professor, Frank Bryant (Caine), however, has long ago openly taken to the bottle, and soon develops misgivings about Rita's ability to adapt to academia. Bryant is a jaded university lecturer, who describes his occupational ability as 'appalling but good enough for his appalling students'. His passion for literature is reignited by Rita, whose technical ability for the subject is limited by her lack of education but whose enthusiasm Frank finds refreshing. 

The film focuses on Rita's unhappiness with her life in her blue-collar, working-class environment including with her husband who wants to have a family, as well as her struggles to fit into a new educated middle-class existence in academia, while seeking a "better song to sing." Rita's original preconceptions that the educated classes have better lives and are happier people are brought into question throughout the film through Frank's failing social life and alcoholism and her flatmate Trish's attempted suicide. Rita, her search, and her search's meaning for her all evolve as she adapts to academia and grows as a person.

marikolah said: @yumenas Thank you, thank you. But it sounds like it's going to be a live play which means we'll only be able to see it if we go to Korea. I hope i'm wrong and that it's a movie instead. In any case, hope she kills it and gives everyone an awesome performance.

Guest marikolah

If she's Rita, I can't wait to see who will be her Bryant. :) (edit: I see now ^ his name is jun moo song)
Better synopsis from rottentomatoes: 

A trio of Oscar nominations and a pair of Golden Globes went to this acclaimed romantic comedy-drama based on the play by Willy Russell. Julie Walters stars as Rita, a witty, 26-year-old working class British hairdresser who decides to seek an education at Open University. Rita needs a tutor, and she selects Dr. Frank Bryant (Michael Caine), an alcoholic college literature professor whose life is a shambles. Divorced, Bryant's new lover is now having an affair with his best friend and he's increasingly depressed, seeking solace in whisky. Bryant's domestic turmoil is mirrored by Rita's, as she has opted for college over motherhood, a source of friction between her and her husband. As Rita blooms intellectually under the tutelage of Bryant, she realizes that what she really lacks is self-confidence, not education, and a gentle romance blossoms between her and Bryant. At home, however, Rita's newfound self-respect and intelligence cause her even greater pain. Director Lewis Gilbert and writer Russell teamed again six years later on the similarly-themed Shirley Valentine (1989). ~ Karl Williams, Rovi
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/educating_rita/

class="titleNews"Kong Hyo Jin to Take First Lead Role in Play through ‘Educating Rita’

2014.10.22 14:05 Newsen Park Ji Ryun Translation Credit : Yeawon Jung

Kong Hyo Jin has been cast as the lead of the play Educating Rita.

An affiliate of Kong Hyo Jin told Newsen on October 22, “Hyo Jin has decided to appear in Educating Rita. Kong Hyo Jin has always been interested in plays and she received a casting offer at the right timing so she made her decision.”

The affiliate explained, “Jo Jae Hyun is head of the production company for Educating Rita. It’s true that it affected Kong Hyo Jin’s decision to choose the project,” and added, “Another reason is that it gives her less pressure compared to a drama. Although Kong Hyo Jin has been getting better (since the car accident), she still needs hospital treatments. Many elements worked out nicely.”

Kong Hyo Jin to Take First Lead Role in Play through ‘Educating Rita’

The play Educating Rita is a play written by Willy Russell and it premiered in Korea in 1991. Educating Rita starring Kong Hyo Jin will begin on December 3 in DCF Daemyung Culture Factory in Jongno-gu.

Photo credit: Newsen

Credit: Mwave

Welcome back Hyo Jin :\">

...theatre

@OfficialMwave: Kong Hyo Jin to Take First Lead Role in Play through ‘Educating Rita’ http://t.co/7InAeQgxus #konghyojin takes on her next challenge

Kong Hyo Jin has been cast as the lead of the play Educating Rita.

An affiliate of Kong Hyo Jin told Newsen on October 22, “Hyo Jin has decided to appear in Educating Rita. Kong Hyo Jin has always been interested in plays and she received a casting offer at the right timing so she made her decision.”

The affiliate explained, “Jo Jae Hyun is head of the production company for Educating Rita. It’s true that it affected Kong Hyo Jin’s decision to choose the project,” and added, “Another reason is that it gives her less pressure compared to a drama. Although Kong Hyo Jin has been getting better (since the car accident), she still needs hospital treatments. Many elements worked out nicely.”

The play Educating Rita is a play written by Willy Russell and it premiered in Korea in 1991. Educating Rita starring Kong Hyo Jin will begin on December 3 in DCF Daemyung Culture Factory in Jongno-gu.

Cr: writer

photo EE51DB11-4792-4843-AB78-5F841B6418C2_zpsutkizenr.jpg

@KaedeJun_Blog: #GongHyoJin to star in a play! http://t.co/f7ESJTMJUo http://t.co/U7fQKq5lcB

Gong Hyo Jin has done numerous movies and dramas, but never theater. Until now. Starting December, she will star in the play ‘Educating Rita’ alongside another theater veteran Jo Jae Hyun.

‘Educating Rita’ is about a hairdresser named Susan who calls herself Rita, and is so dissatisfied with her life that she enrolls in an English Literature course in a university. She meets a professor named Frank who is a lecturer at that university and completely jaded about life. The two of them end up changing each other for the better and for the worse. Gong would be taking on the role of Rita, while Jo takes on the role of Frank. Kang Hye Jung has also been double casted in the role of Rita, so the two will be switching off the role. The play was written by Willy Russell, and has been remade into a film and a radio drama, plus several revivals, since it premiered in 1980.

I think it’s going to be fantastic that she’ll be in a play, considering it’ll be a totally new space for her to perform in. It will probably help her grow as an actor, as performing live every single day to a new audience is going to require different skills than acting on a film or drama set. I almost wish I’d be in Korea to see this. ‘Educating Rita’ will run for two months after it premieres in early December.

Happy exploring girl!

Guest marikolah

Jo Jae Hyun from Snowman?!
Watching the movie version right now (procrastinating to the max) and I can see why she'd be drawn to such a character. She's lively, funny, offbeat, and speaks her mind without caring about social norms. At least that's what i've gathered from the first twenty minutes....lol. 
I'm really excited. I know I won't ever get to see her perform but am still excited nonetheless.

Jo Jae Hyun from snowman??
OMG hahaha thats hillarious, since a few weeks ago i saw GHJ ssi spoil something embarrassing bout JJH in Happy Together

Looks like JJH owns a theater now, and focusing on Live actdo watch that episode of happy together
i think think the title is Gods of acting

and in that episode, GHJ is praising her family ties Grandpa, looks like he and she has the same method og acting:)

So sad onnie wont attend SIA :(( :(( :(( :(( :((

but then, WHOAAAAA onnie will do a new challenge as an actress - A PLAY (theatre)! \:D/ <:-P :-*
Reading the synopsis about Educating Rita, no wonder onnie choose this role, Rita's personality is close to onnie's real personality :D

Can you imagine onnie act infront your eyes??? not on your screen! 8->
korean fans are so damn lucky, I really wish I can watch it live! :(( sadly, I'm not in Korea :((

Wish there'll be its DVD or blueray in future, soon after the play ended [-O< [-O< [-O<

Onnie, wish all the best always for you, I wont worry about your hardwork, passion and profesionalism in doing this play, but please, please, please, EAT A LOT! :-bd
May your debut stage play run smoothly, get big success both critically acclaimed and commercially!
Gongvely, DO YOUR BEST, GANBATTE! FIGHTING!!!!! \m/