Gong Hyo Jin 공효진

melusine

@hancinema: Kong Hyo-jin's fashion sense http://t.co/S6SW7FDcwS

Kong Hyo-jin is wearing a denim shirt with the button undone and her hair is tied loosely to create a feminine-like, natural look.

Meanwhile, Kong Hyo-jin is coming back with the drama "It's Alright, It's Love" which is about the modern day people who live with a lump in their hearts but are too busy to think about themselves. Kong Hyo-jin takes on the role of a passionate mental doctor Ji Hae-soo.

photo 9C94BF8B-5065-4B83-A512-9D88F4E8CD35_zpsz5jujyw1.jpg

Cr: owner

Guest popcherrypop

Sorry guys, I see a lot of PMs but I haven't really read through all of them. I just logged in to rant about something. I might be nitpicking but I really have to get this off my chest.

*START RANT*

From my observations (and this is just me not paying too much attention to the photos)...

1477516_1422411008015298_359585013_n.jpg

Shaved her chin down by a considerable amountFlattened the contours of her cheeks and smoothed out everything on her faceReduced the size of her faceBleached her skin whiteSmoothed out the natural lines on her neck

And the end result? Someone that looks like a) she has had a field day at a plastic surgeon's office in Gangnam and B) any other Korean actress who has gone under the knife considerably for unwarranted "cosmetic" reasons -___0 I'm sorry but I just can't comprehend the standards of Korean beauty; I know that's opening another can of worms altogether but are these edits really all that necessary? I mean, they were obvious gunning for the natural look since they didn't bother to photoshop away that tiny bunch of hair at the side, amirite? For fuq's sake, they even touched it up/blurred it to make it look like it was naturally limp over the smaller face -__-"

I don't think I'm in the minority when I say I prefer the undoctored picture to the left hands down, no contest. I happen to think she looks radiant, and gorgeous and QUEENLY, "perceived flaws", neck lines and all. I absolutely abhor the picture to the right with the intensity of ten suns; I don't think it's a stretch to say this but I'm pretty sure Biotherm chose a photo where she's half-smiling so that their subsequent edits wouldn't stand out like a sore thumb (lesser chin/cheek photoshopping to do). Thank god Soop Management decided to release a batch of undoctored photos of GHJ in all of her glorious natural beauty :D 

Rhetorical question is... WHY WHY continue to perpetuate a *grotesque* standard of beauty that openly encourages surgery? Sigh. I'd only shudder at the thought at what these sort of images do to the self-confidence of Korean ladies (and others who look up to the benchmark). I know GHJ has been in the line of fire before (and continues to be, mind you) by netizens and hard-line fans of male celebs for not looking like a "traditional" (LULZ, the *ironyyyyyy~~~*) Korean beauty but those don't bother me because they are entitled to their opinions, be it debasing what she naturally has or loving it (us). Now, this is entirely different.  

Edit - I will now leave you with the wise, wise, sincere words an earnest, caught off-guard dorkman once said:

tumblr_mstsg8bbMS1sbxa6zo2_r2_500.gif

tumblr_mstsg8bbMS1sbxa6zo1_500.gif
Source: Kim Soo Ha Moo@Tumblr

Now, that's good company.

*END RANT*

On a happier note, I have managed to finish the infograph (?) that I was working on for the previous poll as well as a short Q&A she did on DC I think a long while back on her coffee preferences. Will upload them by tonight!

Guest netongg

@popcherrypop oohh unnie your rant LOL :)) never read this "insightfullollement" post before :bd, and please make #2 #3 rants... now i still staring GHJ latest CF pics comparing the real and reel xixixi.... :D

@paradicez maybe some dc-er look the poster on weibo, coz i knew @yumenas is posted this at there.

Guest popcherrypop

netongg

said: @popcherrypop oohh unnie your rant LOL

:)

) never read this "insightfullollement" post before :bd, and please make #2 #3 rants... now i still staring GHJ latest CF pics comparing the real and reel xixixi....

:D

@paradicez maybe some dc-er look the poster on weibo, coz i knew @yumenas is posted this at there.

Guest tomoyo1010

@popcherrypop...now you've said it, i just realized it myself. well, i'm not a fan of all kinds of extreme editing. some of it are acceptable like you said but editing the shape of your face, chin, cheek?some people might buy the idea that using the product will make their face smaller, etc.  :-w
people also might say that our GHJ went under the knife. :( 
she might be not the prettiest out there but what i love the most is her inner beauty. and beauty is in the eyes of the beholder right. ;)
i'm happy that despite what people said about her, she stands by herself. one thing that stopped me from being a fan to other idol/celebrity is because the "originality". :)
if everyone follows the standards of beauty, i believe everyone will look the same. :D
it's a sensitive topic, and everyone has a different opinion. no offense intended but please read on your own risk.  :D

i've read somewhere last year about korean beauty pageant reps. was it for miss universe?i don't remember.people are complaining that all korean beauty pageants for the contest look same. smaller face, narrow chin,etc.
i remember one beauty pageant winner was even in a controversy because she went through plastic surgery.hmmmm...

Edit:
From Wikipedia
Defying easy categorization into the actress dichotomies of innocent (Choi Ji-wooSong Hye-kyo) or sexy (Kim Hye-sooUhm Jung-hwa), Gong belonged to a third, very minor group of eccentrics that also include Kang Hye-jung and Bae Doona.[61] Though not a typical beauty, after Pasta the press gave her the label Gongvely, a portmanteau of her surname and the English word "lovely."[21]

Guest tomoyo1010

class="post-title" id="post-26" style="font-weight: normal; line-height: 29.18400001525879px; margin: 0px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(204, 204, 204); padding: 0px 0px 0.1em;"Found this while searching for GHJ newest info. :)
class="post-title" id="post-26" style="font-size: 2em; font-family: 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; color: rgb(84, 84, 84); font-weight: normal; line-height: 29.18400001525879px; margin: 0px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(204, 204, 204); padding: 0px 0px 0.1em;"Why I Like Gong Hyo Jin?

September 22, 2013 in Profile | Tags: Gong Hyo Jingongvelykorean actressmaster's sun | Leave a comment

tumblr_msp8zuRn8T1s5077xo9_250

I first saw her in Lee Soo Young’s Dong Gu Ro Ni or Left Alone music video back in 2003 and I still remember thinking how  simple she looked in comparison with all the other Korean actresses at that time. But I just felt like there is something about her that no matter how simple she is, you can still end up liking her. I cannot say that I personally know her but from what I know from her interviews and her choices in her projects, she seems like an actress who is very much grounded, highly intelligent, very introspective but at the same time very relatable. She’s fearless in her choices of projects and characters to portray. I love that she pick strong female characters and that most of them are strong willed and was never the damsel-in-distress kind.

She’s always in fashion that even if you force her to wear rags, she could probably still pull it off as if it was a designer piece. She is so very lively and fun to be around as per her co-stars which earned her the nickname Gongvely.

What I love most about her is the fact that she’s very honest. She is very vocal in terms of getting her beliefs across. She even wrote a book aptly titled Gong Chek or Gong Hyo Jin’s Notebook about her advocacy towards the environment. She is very open about her relationship in public and most of all, she doesn’t feel superficial because her charm is rooted on her belief in her self. She was able to overcome the stigma that she is never gonna be a beautiful face like most actresses her age  but she is just so comfortable with her own skin that she doesn’t give a rat’s richard simmons what other people think of her looks because she is confident that she can surely win them over with her wit and her charm. And I could say that the beauty may soon be washed away with age, but Gong Hyo Jin seems to be looking lovelier and lovelier as time goes by. Not because she has jumped in the plastic surgery bandwagon but the fact that her womanly charms seems to improve in time as well. She is currently starring in a fusion of romantic comedy and horror genre in the drama The Master’s Sun. The show has gained a huge following not only in Korea but also worldwide if you can follow the buzz in most online communities. The main reason for the shows success can be attributed to the sizzling on and off-screen chemistry of Gong Hyo Jin and So Ji Sub.

And I think right now, the reason why Korea loved her so much is because she has proven her worth as an actress. It might be that your face will get you noticed as you start your career but it is the talent and your love for your craft which will determine how long you will survive in the industry.

Source : http://gonghyojinfan.wordpress.com/

love the highlighted part...and love unnie's hair below. :D

20080711124808.488.0.jpg

cr : http://gonghyojinfan.wordpress.com/

Guest popcherrypop

tomoyo1010

said:

@popcherrypop...now you've said it, i just realized it myself. well, i'm not a fan of all kinds of extreme editing. some of it are acceptable like you said but editing the shape of your face, chin, cheek?some people might buy the idea that using the product will make their face smaller, etc.  :-w
people also might say that our GHJ went under the knife. :( 
she might be not the prettiest out there but what i love the most is her inner beauty. and beauty is in the eyes of the beholder right. ;)
i'm happy that despite what people said about her, she stands by herself. one thing that stopped me from being a fan to other idol/celebrity is because the "originality". :)
if everyone follows the standards of beauty, i believe everyone will look the same. :D
it's a sensitive topic, and everyone has a different opinion. no offense intended but please read on your own risk.  :D

i've read somewhere last year about korean beauty pageant reps. was it for miss universe?i don't remember.people are complaining that all korean beauty pageants for the contest look same. smaller face, narrow chin,etc.
i remember one beauty pageant winner was even in a controversy because she went through plastic surgery.hmmmm...

Guest tomoyo1010

@popcherrypop...FAT cheeks!!!isn't that cute?i love her chubbier face than those edited to make her face look small/narrow.
taeyangepisode7_zps2ae84aff.jpg
yeah, i don't have anything against plastic surgery but hate that it was used and abused for all the wrong reason. [-X

Guest popcherrypop

Found something easy to translate and layout before I flex my weak translator muscles and move on to the meatier stuff!

(And I swear this has nothing to do with anyone getting coffee ads because I completed this before seeing those - the only reason why I decided to translate this was simply because it was the shortest.)

IIRC, she posted these answers to questions asked on DC, well, on DC, but I don't think the Baidu translator included when. I have since lost the original link but I have this credited to the document she set up for her translation below. Please do lemme know if there are any translating errors.

Anyhoo, hope you guys enjoy:

tumblr_n39khv61Qv1tphxkgo1_r2_1280.jpg

My thoughts:

The “interview”(?) contains mostly useless trivia but hey, I personally learnt some useful coffee terminology that I never knew about! due to the much-needed, semi-heavyweight researching to get this translation going. (I’m a tea and alcohol kinda gal so I know next-to-nothing about coffee ‘cept it tastes like richard simmons.) Anyway, it’s kinda funny how she was initially all gungho about caloric-lite Americanos, and then went on about recommending pairin’ y’all coffees with sweet cakes and creatin’ (sugar intense) matcha lattes. Was GHJ trollin’? if so, bravo. If not, you’re still cute, Gongvely! And I know you like your sugar fix! I like my sugar fix too, ‘cept I don’t have your godlike rate of metabolism! *sadface*  

Chinese translation: Ellie夏@GHJ Baidu
English translation & layout: me aka queenxkong@Tumblr

Hi all...
Welcome "April". :D

D-3 to GHJ Birthday!
Don't forget GHJ's Birthday Twitter Party.
Fighting! \m/ \m/ \m/

1606896_1492262604329984_1321537389_n.jpg
cr : Devianart

# GHJ Biotherm Poster
Me : I think, this full poster from christine post. ;)
10014305_1492261517663426_779639448_o.jpg

1269632_1492262114330033_157045363_o.jpg
cr : DC
# Hat's On
Me : We have seen this picture. But today Hat's On update it in FB. Maybe different pose?
1890403_281333648697507_2012434769_o.jpg
Bonus from Hat's On :
- Hat's On Poster
1148912_756107121074967_173419963_n.jpg
- Hat's On Cover FB
10157256_280168075480731_914547965_n.jpg
cr : Hat's On FB