+ she loves animals.
+ she doesn’t like to use
disposable things.
_

That is why we love her.
Respect 
All people are brothers
and sisters.  @ rovvxhyo

She's seriously a god gift from heaven! <3 Inspiring. I wish I could live such an honest life <3

So appreciate Soop-nim for taking the cake to her at the set while filming Hit and run. <3 

Her photo with our cake <3... is it me or does it fell like she's with us/ we're with her ??<3 <3

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

June 28, 2018

Kakao to Invest in Talent Agencies

By Jang Hyeong-tae The Chosun Ilbo

Kakao M, a subsidiary of dotcom giant Kakao, is taking steps to buy three entertainment management agencies.

Kakao already owns Melon, Korea's No. 1 online music-streaming site.

Kakao M said Wednesday it will buy a stake in BH Entertainment, which has among its stable of actors Lee Byung-hun, Ko Soo, Yoo Ji-tae and Han Ga-in. It will also acquire a partial stake in J,Wide Company, which manages Lee Sang-yoon and Daniel Choi. It did not say how much it is paying. 

2018062802059_0.jpg

It also signed a strategic tie-up agreement with Soop Entertainment which manages actors like Gong Yoo, Kong Hyo-jin and Jeon Do-yeon.

The move is aimed at tapping into the resurgent Korean Wave and using the entertainment business as a bridge to access overseas markets.

Kakao M plans to spin off its contents business into a separate unit. Lee Jae-wook, head of Kakao M, said, "We will take the new unit public next year."

• 1 month later...

English Translation and Timing by @liddi
Brought to you by Gongvelyans Soompi
Original Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ1Sf...
Subscribe to VOGUE TAIWAN: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKl0...

No copyright infringement intended. We only translated the video to English. We do not claim the video as our own and this video is not monetize in any way. This is purely voluntary English translation for international fans!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hello friends,
Still waiting patiently for our dearest Hyo Jin ssi's productions to be released..
Since I have previously done a couple of KHJ Characters vids, a challenge was issued to me to try match up Ji Hae Soo and Tak Ye Jin by a China fan in bilibili recently... An interesting idea which I have never considered previously, and I thought I could try...

So here's the end product for all of you to see... Have fun~ 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/25/2018 at 2:14 PM, yamiex said:

Hello friends,
Still waiting patiently for our dearest Hyo Jin ssi's productions to be released..
Since I have previously done a couple of KHJ Characters vids, a challenge was issued to me to try match up Ji Hae Soo and Tak Ye Jin by a China fan in bilibili recently... An interesting idea which I have never considered previously, and I thought I could try...

So here's the end product for all of you to see... Have fun~ 

-

-

-

This is so nostalgic T.T I miss her so much T.T We need her back T.T

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

November 23, 2018

[V Report Plus] How Gong Hyo-jin shot poster for film ‘Door Lock’

Soop Entertainment unveiled behind-the-scenes footage of actress Gong Hyo-jin’s photo shoot for the poster of upcoming thriller film “Door Lock.”

In the video revealed via Naver’s V app Friday, Gong poses inside a room and next to a closed door. 

Among the many poses she makes, Gong wraps her arms around herself, as if conveying fear, and then leans toward a door with a disturbed look on her face, as if trying to listen to the sounds coming from the other side. 

“Door Lock” will be released on Dec. 5.

(Naver's V app)

Watch the broadcast at https://www.vlive.tv/video/100487.

Naver’s real-time broadcasting app V allows fans to interact with their favorite K-pop stars through live broadcasts. The app is available for Android and iOS. For more information, visit http://www.vlive.tv.

By The Korea Herald (khnews@heraldcorp.com)

Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.naver.vapp
Apple App Store https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1019447011?mt=8

• Like 2

November 29, 2018

Fear leads in ‘Door Lock’ as Kong jumps genres: Film tackles that feeling of dread shared by so many people living alone

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

28202858.jpg
[MEGABOX PLUS M]

Women living alone are easy targets for crime. Headlines often tell horror stories about women being stalked or attacked by strangers who devise various ways to enter their victims’ home like sneaking through a small bathroom window. The upcoming film “Door Lock,” directed by Lee Kwon of “My Ordinary Love Story” (2014), is a horror movie that harvests that fear.

Starring Kong Hyo-jin, the movie is based on the Spanish psychological thriller “Sleep Tight” (2011). The Korean adaptation features Gyeong-min (Kong), a bank employee. As a temporary worker, she faces intense pressure to perform in order to get her contract extended, but her work life is ameliorated thanks to her colleague Hyo-ju (Kim Ye-won), who always backs her up.

As a woman living alone, Gyeong-min lives in constant fear of possible intruders. To create the impression that she does not live by herself, she hangs men’s underwear on the drying line and places men’s shoes at the door. But her efforts prove futile, and she experiences a series of events that threaten her security, like a stranger attempting to unlock her door in the middle of the night. She calls the police for help, but is not taken seriously. Instead, they tell her that they can only start an investigation after something happens. 

Without the help of the police, Gyeong-min continues to experience unsettling occurrences. 

“These days, so many unbelievable things are happening in real life,” said Kong during an interview held on Tuesday. “And what happens in the movie seems really plausible, which I think will make a strong impact.”

It was important for Kong that Gyeong-min not simply be seen as a woman being attacked by a man. Kong stressed that anyone placed in Gyeong-min’s shoes, regardless of their gender, could feel the same level of fear. 

28202915.jpg
In “Door Lock,” Kong Hyo-jin plays a banker who faces a series of threats while living by herself. [MEGABOX PLUS M]

“The fear of being attacked does not just apply to Gyeong-min, but to anyone - whether a woman or a man - who lives alone. Even if the victim’s and the assailant’s genders were flipped, I believe the movie would still be just as frightening.” 

As with many characters in horror films, Gyeong-min makes unconvincing choices that test the audience, like willingly walking into the house of a potential criminal. But Kong tried her best to win over the viewers by continuously questioning what she would have done in real life if she were Gyeong-min. The director took many of her suggestions seriously.

“I think I demanded a lot from the director,” Kong said. The director originally planned to take the movie to extremes, with scenes of the villain burning alive, but Kong tried to keep the story down-to-earth. “I guess the actions and attitudes of Gyeong-min reflect my actual thoughts,” she added.

Unlike many characters that Kong has played in the past - like the red-faced high school teacher with a strong sense of inferiority in “Crush and Blush” (2008) and a mysterious Korean-Chinese nanny in “Missing” (2016) - Gyeong-min is quite average. 

“Since Gyeong-min is very ordinary compared to other characters I have played, I constantly questioned myself on set.” 

Though Kong did not necessarily feel comfortable about the role and the genre (“Door Lock” is her first horror film since her 1999 debut), she felt it was the right decision.

“Pushing the boundaries and venturing outside familiar areas is very important because I realized that repeatedly working on the genres that I prefer could limit my acting range. I have to continue taking on challenges in order to not feel awkward acting in different genres.” 

Co-starring Kim Sung-oh, “Door Lock” is scheduled for release on Dec. 5 and is rated 15 and above.

BY JIN MIN-JI [jin.minji@joongang.co.kr]

• Like 2

Source: Pierce Conran

DOORLOCK, a remake of Spanish film SLEEP TIGHT, is this year’s best Korean thriller. Kong Hyo-jin is once again excellent in a film that pulses with unease and maintains seat-gripping tension throughout. Very different from original and absolutely of the moment. 

Source: Jason Bechervaise

Tonight I saw Lee Kwon’s DOOR LOCK starring Kong Hyo-jin on great form, and it was terrific! Frankly, it’s been a weak yr for commercial Korean cinema, and this film is exactly what the industry needed. Thrilling and well-crafted on a modest budget, it won’t disappoint. 

• Like 2

@rubie Thrilled to see Door Lock being touted as the 2018's best Korean thriller and uri Gongvely garnering critical acclaim for her performance! It is exciting to see how she continues to challenge herself with a broad repertoire of genres and roles and I am very proud of her achievements. I can't wait to watch when it finally airs!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, liddi said:

@rubie Thrilled to see Door Lock being touted as the 2018's best Korean thriller and uri Gongvely garnering critical acclaim for her performance! It is exciting to see how she continues to challenge herself with a broad repertoire of genres and roles and I am very proud of her achievements. I can't wait to watch when it finally airs!

I totally agree Liddi!! I love that she's also so much involved in portraying her character/s which says so much about her professionality. I can't when to see it and I hope it hits international acclaim and so be shown worldwide. She even said that herself.. "it could be shown in Indonesia, it's not impossible" but depending on circumatances (what she said on her IG live when someone asked her if Doorlock will be shown in Indonesia. And of course it applies to other countries too). 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...