Gong Hyo Jin 공효진

melusine

[INTERVIEW] FLIP TO A NEW CHAPTER OF LIFE, IS IT TIME FOR MARRIAGE?

kakaotalk_20170306_233531605.jpg

If you’ve already known the lovely image of actress Kong Hyo Jin as ‘Kong-vely’, then you will be surprise by her character in ‘Single Rider’. Instead of youthful and lively, she showed the loneliness of a married woman with deep feelings and gentleness. Of course, the character also has a mysterious aspect. Kong Hyo Jin smiled while talking about the role, “Actually I do not fully understand the character”

‘Single Rider’ is a film that is very neat and simple. There is no specific description of the characters, and there are no past stories that are connected. Through the press premiere, the atmosphere of the film was almost given to us in a complete way. Since I am still single, I cannot fully understand Soo Jin 100% (Laugh). Lee Byung Hun and So Hee’s characters expressed a lot of emotions.

Kong Hyo Jin explained that in reality, actors do not always have to fully empathize with the characters. Hyo Jin did not hesitate to choose ‘Single Rider’ because the film left her an indescribable feeling that is hard to explain. After reading the script, she felt a sense of loneliness and emptiness.

“Earlier when I filmed “Missing”, a lot of emotions remained in my thoughts. This is the reality of being an actor. It is not easy to find a script that we can fully empathize with the character. Senior Lee Byung Hun also said the same thing. In compare to not being able to fully empathize with the character, it is more important to understand the role of the character in the film.”

In addition, Kong Hyo Jin was an international student in Australia. The majority of the scenes were filmed in Australia and perhaps this is a strange fate. Based on the family’s aspect, Single Rider is one of her special work.

“I studied in Brisbane and Sydney for a short amount of time. I also used to sit on the beach and eat sandwiches (laugh). On the way back to Korea, I thought ‘Will I ever return to this place again?’ Everything is magical. My father took my mom and I to Australia. He is also a ‘father goose’ just like the film. I had a lot of strange feelings.”

“Single Rider” has a surprising ending, but in fact, the surprise is not so important. Kong Hyo Jin shared, the last message that the film wants to deliver to the audience is to “be patient”.

Day by day, I think many viewers also have similar thoughts. Soo Jin also struggled with her new life in Australia – a strange land that her husband sent her to. In the eyes of the viewers and Jae Hoon, perhaps Soo Jin is a bit confusing but she is the true image of a woman in her 30s who is a housewife. Everyone can verify that when you watch the film (laugh).”

All the things Kong Hyo Jin shared has given us a visualization of the real Soo Jin. Before reaching success, we always have to go through obstacles in order to have a good life, but it also means that we will loose and miss out on other precious things in life. This sound similar to actress Kong Hyo Jin, who is her mid 30s.

“I thought about it. As a person, what do we really have to do? At this moment, as an actress, I still enjoy acting. If this is a book about an normal person – I, Kong Hyo Jin, think this is the time to turn the page to a new chapter. A chapter that will have new changes. Maybe marriage? Sometimes I feel overwhelmed. I want to rest a bit, and breathe fresh air. But of course, if I suddenly stop working then it will make me feel uncomfortable and frustrated. It is not because I will regret losing the spotlight of the public, but it’s because I love to act. This is a good reason for me to continue to work even though it can be tough.”

Kong Hyo Jin is an actress that represents uniqueness and loveliness, but she has a very wide acting career. Just look at her recent work, a lovely weather forecaster in ‘Jealousy Incarnate’, a mysterious nanny in ‘Missing’, and now in ‘Single Rider’, her role is more diverse.

“When we choose a piece of cake, we usually choose a large piece. When choosing roles, an actor also want to choose a great character with a lot of scenes but sometime there are small but charismatic roles. Courage is needed to choose those roles. Just go with the flow without any plan. If you can call this as a secret, then this is my secret.”

KakaoTalk_20170306_233530420
KakaoTalk_20170306_233528678
KakaoTalk_20170306_233527145
KakaoTalk_20170306_233525830

CREDITS:

Original Source: Sports Korea – Reporter Kim Doo Yeon

Vietnamese Translation: Gong Hyo Jin Vietnamese Fansite

English Translation: Gongvelyans – Gong Hyo Jin’s International Fans @ Soompi

https://gongvelyans.wordpress.com/2017/03/07/interview-flip-to-a-new-chapter-of-life-is-it-time-for-marriage/

• Like 2

Hello there, new fan here! wave It is safe to say that GHJ is one of my top 3 Korean actresses!

I stumbled upon this horror/comedy drama while surfing for Asian dramas/flicks on Viki,

and there she was! Masters Sun! She was hilariously awesome as the girl who sees

and communicates with ghosts!  In fact, I am re-watching it as we speak! I think that

she is one of the best and versatile actresses around! Glad to be a fan!

Looking forward to another collab with the equally brilliant SJS! Be back!  waving heart

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry it's been a long time since I posted anything here.. but for what it's worth I'd love to share to you if you're living in Australia both SINGLE RIDER AND MISSING will be aired with subs at the Korean Film Festival in Australia.. see the link for dates on whichever city. Hope you can come and support unni at such a place :D good day to everyone!!! 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWbepnAAJ4w/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

WATCH SINGLE RIDER AND MISSING AT THE KOREAN FILM FESTIVAL IN AUSTRALIA

Lookout! Are you excited? Here is your chance to watch Gong Hyo Jin’s movies in cinema! Single Rider and Missing will be shown at the Korean Film Festival in Australia! Unfortunately, Single Rider and Missing will not be showing at all venues.

MORE INFO: https://gongvelyans.wordpress.com/2017/07/12/watch-single-rider-and-missing-at-the-korean-film-festival-in-australia/

• Like 1

Wow.. oh... wow... To be honest, I am quite a late-boomer... 

Only managed to catch up with the amazing Ms Gong in 2016 and still trying to trace back to her previous productions, interviews and getting hang of Korean language...

So far I have watched the must-watched 5, namely Master's Sun (My first get to know her), It's Okay, That's Love (That's when I am totally taken by her), The Producers, Pasta and Jealousy Incarnate.

I hope that I can get to know more like-minded friends at this thread :)

As a parting gift, I will leave you with 2 videos which I have made... Hope you will enjoy it even if it's not well made as I am new to all these.  
My personal favorite is MSxTOIL as these are the two dramas which made me adore her :D

But TPxJI came to me first when I realized out of the blue both are based in TV station... Grins.... 

Tak Ye-Jin (The Producers) X Pyo Na-Ri (Jealousy Incarnate) 

Tae Gong Shil (Master's Sun) X Ji Hae Soo (It's Okay, That's Love)

• Like 1

On 30 July 2017 at 2:22 PM, yamiex said:

Only managed to catch up with the amazing Ms Gong in 2016 and still trying to trace back to her previous productions, interviews and getting hang of Korean language...

So far I have watched the must-watched 5, namely Master's Sun (My first get to know her), It's Okay, That's Love (That's when I am totally taken by her), The Producers, Pasta and Jealousy Incarnate.

As a parting gift, I will leave you with 2 videos which I have made... Hope you will enjoy it even if it's not well made as I am new to all these.  
My personal favorite is MSxTOIL as these are the two dramas which made me adore her :D

But TPxJI came to me first when I realized out of the blue both are based in TV station... Grins.... 

Hi chingu, you have to watch HyoJin's drama 'Thank You' & ' The Greatest Love'.

11 hours ago, sin hoonsim said:

Hi chingu, you have to watch HyoJin's drama 'Thank You' & ' The Greatest Love'.

Hi There, funny that you should mention Thank you, coz I am watching it now... and loving it~ I have also watched Greatest Love as well, still working my way through all the dramas~

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Yamie! Good to see you in this forum :) [check your PM]

Same as you, regret that I m a late boomer too, only started watching IOTL in 2016 and went crazy over her. Since then I have completed Master's Sun, Producers, Jealousy Incarnate, The Greatest Love. Now moving to Pasta!

Thanks for sharing the MVs, see you around! :D 

On 7/30/2017 at 2:22 PM, yamiex said:

1 hour ago, reddevil92 said:

Hey Yamie! Good to see you in this forum :) [check your PM]

Same as you, regret that I m a late boomer too, only started watching IOTL in 2016 and went crazy over her. Since then I have completed Master's Sun, Producers, Jealousy Incarnate, The Greatest Love. Now moving to Pasta!

Thanks for sharing the MVs, see you around! :D 

IOTL is the best... hahaha~ I totally adore her in it~  I can rewatch it a million times and still love her  to bits...
But i gonna recommend Thank you too~ It's an Aids theme serial in 2007... And it's incredibly touching.... with Jang Hyuk!!!

I heard that this is the game changer for her coz before it, she was always being casted in bad girl role.... 

I will rate it as a second favourite and side along with MS.... (TGS is too cute... well... Pasta's Seo Yoo Kyung is also the cutest.... hahaha~)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

[English Translation] Gong Hyo Jin's interview with Dazed and Confused - Beautiful Minds and Words

Click here to read: https://gongvelyans.wordpress.com/2017/08/31/beautiful-minds-and-words/

DIUjn-iVoAA0v1a.jpg

Brought to you by Gongvelyans
English Translation: Kkongvelyaussiefan
If repost, please add the wordpress link.

Source: Dazed and Confused Naver Blog

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paradicez said:

[English Translation] Gong Hyo Jin's interview with Dazed and Confused - Beautiful Minds and Words

Click here to read: https://gongvelyans.wordpress.com/2017/08/31/beautiful-minds-and-words/

DIUjn-iVoAA0v1a.jpg

Brought to you by Gongvelyans
English Translation: Kkongvelyaussiefan
If repost, please add the wordpress link.

Source: Dazed and Confused Naver Blog

ehehe :DD

Just wanting to tell every body, tried my best to translate it. It's really hard to translate and put it to words that actually makes sense in English even though just by reading and looking up words in the dictionaries I can understand it. I tried to make it sound like how unni usually approach QandA's at times. You know.. her and her wits. So good~ 

2 things I'm not 100% confident in that was definitely mid of Q2 and the last bit on the role model question. Just saying.. but please...

Let's learn more about unni and enjoy reading! 

• Like 1