Gong Hyo Jin 공효진

melusine

^I agree, she rocked the peasant look in her drama last year. That long, lean, model's body looks good in everything! But what I think makes her one of the chic-est young actresses in Korea is that she has her own unique sense of style.

I'm not too fond of hodge-podge collages like these (I prefer individual pics, you get to appreciate the composition of the photo more). But if anyone wants to take a look, here ya go:

<clickable thumbnails>

thdudqhrrl38gs.th.jpg jyphoto61xo.th.jpg

alslc20692jk.th.jpg adidasqq388fa.th.jpg

alslc206107by.th.jpg aseddaha688yl.th.jpg hanna06171123mi.th.gif kkk580801268zf.th.jpg

coolksky900co.th.jpg dhrrkdud1122zz.th.jpg kjhlove09142291sw.th.jpg perfume531705rg.th.jpg

0164042036117wq.th.jpg aseddaha696xz.th.jpg hanna06171222rm.th.jpg

Guest Jimbaran

Hi I'm new here. I like Gong Hyo Jin very much after watching (half of) Sangdoo!

To me, Song Hye Kyo is the most beautiful woman under 25 on this planet but I personally like Gong much better! She is not conventionally beautiful like many Korean actresses but I feel she has got plenty of style and spunk!! Very very cute too :P The photos of her in this thread are great! :D

I'm a Bi-fan and while many think that he looks great with SHK (which I don't deny), I really like him better with Gong (after watching them tog in Sangdoo). :P It's a shame that many pple sort of put her down after comparing her against SHK in Full House.

Can someone here recommend me any other good shows where Gong acted in?? :)

^I prefer the Bi-GHJ pair-up over Bi-SHK too. I guess I became more invested in EunHwan and SangDoo's love story because of that drama's far superior writing and direction, while imo "Full House" depended entirely too much on its couple's chemistry and not much else.

alslc206306vt.gif

You should try "Ruler of Your Own World". Has great acting (you gotta see HyoJin when she wails WAAAAAAHHHHHHHH :D), a uniquely told story, and very well-drawn characters.

I haven't seen "Snowman" (which I hear is good) or "Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy" (which looks cute) yet.

As for movies...

-Memento Mori: Psychological horror. Thumbs way up.

-She doesn't have a big role in "Volcano High", but it's campy, action-filled fun.

-I LOVE "Guns & Talks"! (her role's not big either, but the movie's such a riot that you won't care)

-I LOVE "Conduct Zero"! Just fun and hilarious and nostalgic.

-The "Family Ties" DVD is coming out Aug. It's one of those movies I have a really really good feeling about.

Btw, GHJ's filmography and links to reviews/threads are in the first page, you might want to check them out. ;)

Guest llxaNnExo12ll

Hi I'm new here. I like Gong Hyo Jin very much after watching (half of) Sangdoo!

To me, Song Hye Kyo is the most beautiful woman under 25 on this planet but I personally like Gong much better! She is not conventionally beautiful like many Korean actresses but I feel she has got plenty of style and spunk!! Very very cute too :P The photos of her in this thread are great! :D

I'm a Bi-fan and while many think that he looks great with SHK (which I don't deny), I really like him better with Gong (after watching them tog in Sangdoo). :P It's a shame that many pple sort of put her down after comparing her against SHK in Full House.

Can someone here recommend me any other good shows where Gong acted in?? :)

i would recommend hardtack teacher and star candy..its one of the top on my list xD..most people wouldnt consider it like some top-charted drama but for me i guess its because i really liked the two main leads (which is gong yoo and gong hyo jin :lol: )..i didnt like the whole student liking teacher thing either but i think they would make a great couple offscreen..on the other hand gong hyo jin is one of my favorite actresses..the only two shows i saw her in were part of sangdoo and all of hardtack teacher and star candy but i think she really has talent..i loved her in hardtack because her character in that drama was just so kind and caring as a teacher..she has very good acting skills

Guest Jimbaran

Many thanks for all the recommendations! I didn't know she was in Guns & Talks :P whch is one of my fave Korean movies! Geez - got to go back and re-watch again. I need to check out Volcano High too..I think the movie has another of my fave actor, Jang Hyuk :)

^For dramas, I'd suggest "Ruler of Your Own World". Topnotch acting (including HyoJin's--you gotta see her when she wails Waaaahhhhhhh :D), a uniquely told story, and very well-drawn characters.

I haven't seen "Snowman" (which I hear is good) or "Hardtack Teacher and Star Candy" yet.

As for movies...

-She doesn't have a big role in "Volcano High", but it's campy, action-y fun.

-I LOVE "Guns & Talks"! (her role's not big either, but you won't care)

-Memento Mori: Psychological horror. Thumbsup.

-I LOVE "Conduct Zero"! Just cute and funny and nostalgic. (a plus: she stars with her ex Ryu SeungBeom)

-The "Family Ties" DVD is coming out Aug. It's one of those movies I have a really really good feeling about.

Btw, GHJ's filmography and links to reviews/threads are in the first page, you might want to check them out. ;)

I didn't know she was in Guns & Talks :P whch is one of my fave Korean movies! Geez - got to go back and re-watch again. I need to check out Volcano High too..I think the movie has another of my fave actor, Jang Hyuk

"Volcano High": She's the assistant captain of Shin MinAh's martial arts team who secretly likes Kwon SangWoo. And yep, Jang Hyuk is the lead. (:

volcanohigh05.jpga457310.jpg

"Guns and Talks": She plays the schoolgirl who tries to hire the guys to kill her teacher. To summarize: They deny unconvincingly that they're hired killers, she stalks Won Bin, he passes off her cooking as his own, she talks about her lovelife in bad Engrish, he cries in sym/empathy, she yells at him. :lol: --> The film's always good for a rewatch.

95048140.gif

More screencaps <clickable thumbnails>

1hx0.th.jpg 2iz9.th.jpg 3av4.th.jpg 4ix3.th.jpg 5ud1.th.jpg

Guest Jimbaran

Melusine

How do you get the Bi-GHJ photo in your posting? Its cute!! :P I didn't finish watching Sangdoo coz it got kinda sad mid-way and I don't like sad shows. :D But maybe I shld continue... :) GHJ looks very good in straight long hair.

^I prefer the Bi-GHJ pair-up over Bi-SHK too. I guess I became more invested in EunHwan and SangDoo's love story because of the superior writing and direction, while imo "Full House" depended entirely too much on its couple's chemistry.

alslc206306vt.gif

You should try "Ruler of Your Own World". Topnotch acting (including HyoJin's--you gotta see her when she wails WAAAAAAHHHHHHHH :D), a uniquely told story, and very well-drawn characters.

I haven't seen "Snowman" (which I hear is good) or "Hardtack Teacher and Star Candy" (which looks cute) yet.

As for movies...

-Memento Mori: Psychological horror. Thumbsup.

-She doesn't have a big role in "Volcano High", but it's campy, action-filled fun.

-I LOVE "Guns & Talks"! (her role's not big either, but the movie's such a riot that you won't care)

-I LOVE "Conduct Zero"! Just fun and hilarious and nostalgic. (a plus: she stars with her ex Ryu SeungBeom)

^Aww, you're missing out on a lot of good dramas if you avoid the sad ones! Yes you'll feel as if your heart got wrenched outta your chest and stomped on repeatedly after the ending (don't say I didn't warn you ^__^)... but hey, watching the whole thing is worth it. Really. (: I think it's still Bi's best drama to date.

Btw, I got the gif from Naver--I added it in when I edited my post.

Here's another:

cryingghj1el.gif

I love how she cries. She does it so naturally.

Guest Eebyulx3

At last a thread for her.

I think she's pretty in Sang Doo! Let's Go To School and she's a good actress.

ditto :]