Gong Hyo Jin 공효진

melusine

56th Baeksang Arts Awards Announces Nominees For TV And Film Categories

The 56th Baeksang Arts Awards has announced its nominees for the television and film categories!

Check out the final candidates from this past year’s TV and film below:

Best Actress

Best Drama

• KBS2 “When the Camellia Blooms”
  • tvN “Crash Landing on You”
  • SBS “Stove League”
  • Netflix “Kingdom” Season 2
  • SBS “Hyena”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1399004wpp/56th-baeksang-arts-awards-announces-nominees-for-tv-and-film-categories

Gong Hyo Jin Talks About Wanting To Be Huggable + Her Favorite Line From “When The Camellia Blooms”

Gong Hyo Jin Talks About Wanting To Be Huggable + Her Favorite Line From “When The Camellia Blooms”

In a recent interview and pictorial for Dazed magazine, Gong Hyo Jin looked back on her hit drama “When the Camellia Blooms”!

As it turns out, the actress was so deeply touched by a certain line from the drama that she even brought it up in relation to her life philosophy. She recalled, “[My character] Dong Baek says in the drama, ‘No, I believe in myself.’ I found that so cool and admirable. I think that at some point in my life, I started believing in myself above all else.”

She went on to explain, “Actors have to act as other people. But I started having faith that no matter how unappealingly I presented myself within a role, the people who support me would still unchangingly support me. That made me so much freer than before.”

“To be honest, I was already a fairly free-spirited actor even beforehand,” she added, “but starting from then on, I felt, ‘Oh, so this is what true freedom is like.”

Gong-Hyo-Jin-2.jpeg

When asked about her impeccable sense of style, Gong Hyo Jin revealed that she makes her fashion decisions based on her desire to be as huggable as possible.

“I want to wear clothes that, when someone sees me, will make them think they want to hug me,” she shared. “If you’re wearing clothes that look uncomfortable, you can’t give off that vibe [of being huggable]. I like clothes that smell like laundry detergent when someone hugs you, and I like textures that are either soft or crinkly, so that they feel nice when you touch them.”

“For the overall look of an outfit,” she went on, “I think that it’s most important to achieve the right blend of texture and color.”

Spoiler

Gong-Hyo-Jin1.jpeg

Gong-Hyo-Jin-3.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1395326wpp/gong-hyo-jin-talks-about-wanting-to-be-huggable-her-favorite-line-from-when-the-camellia-blooms

Resim

• 3 weeks later...

Source: http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=23794437

ABA471FC-4DCB-4ADC-8F73-C89A0A099FF0.jpg

Spoiler

7AD05D18-0C47-416E-8ACF-D06062828778.jpg

5569CFBF-B583-41EB-B89B-0184A00F5DE9.jpg

4B4F75DC-7A30-4739-96E6-3B3D81713B35.jpg

32A0C75E-E75A-41C9-BFF4-CC458064D182.jpg

1C432B59-17A6-481F-A4BC-34435C515AE5.jpg

4DF9E809-EBE2-4CDB-B2D0-85FC2E500CF3.jpg

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20200605009400315
‘Parasite' director Bong Joon-ho wins grand prize at Baeksang Awards

SEOUL, June 5 (Yonhap) -- Bong Joon-ho, writer-director of Oscar-winning South Korean film "Parasite," won the grand prize in the film category at this year's Baeksang Arts Awards on Friday.

Bong claimed the top prize for films at the prestigious entertainment awards show held at KINTEX exhibition hall in Goyang, north of Seoul. "When the Camellia Blooms," a thriller-comedy series that ran on KBS 2TV last year, took the grand prize in the TV category.

Kwak Sin-ae, "Parasite" producer and head of the film's production company, Barunson E&M, accepted the award on behalf of Bong, who was not present at the event.

"It's an honor to wrap up the long voyage of 'Parasite' at the Baeksang Arts Awards. I'm quietly writing a new script," Kwak read on behalf of Bong in a prepared acceptance speech.

"Today we're here at an award show with no audience. But I hope we can soon meet again in a packed cinema," the director said.

"Parasite," a satirical thriller on the theme of wealth inequality, won four Oscars, including best picture, at this year's Academy Awards. It has collected over 50 awards from global film festivals.

Other winners in the film category included Lee Byung-hun, taking home the award for best actor in a film, for his role in "The Man Standing Next," screenwriter Lee Sang-geun for "Exit" and Kim Do-young, who won best new director for "Kim Ji-young: Born 1982."

For TV, Kang Ha-neul and Kim Hee-ae won best actor and actress for their works in "When the Camellia Blooms" and "The World of the Married," respectively.

Launched in 1965, the Baeksang Arts Awards is one of the most prestigious entertainment award shows in South Korea and encompasses the fields TV, film and theater.

odissy@yna.co.kr
(END)

https://zapzee.net/2020/06/06/management-soops-family-picture-of-beautiful-actors-make-headlines/
Management SOOP’s Family Picture of Beautiful Actors Make Headlines

By krishkim 

Actors Jeon Do Yeon, Gong Hyo Jin, Jung Yoo Mi, and Suzy showed off their unsurpassed beauty.

On June 6, Management SOOP posted several pictures of actors on their official Instagram account and wrote, “The SOOP actors who have lightened up the Baeksang Arts Awards. I can’t believe we get to see this combination. This life has been successful.”

In particular, a photo of Jeon Do Yeon, Gong Hyo Jin, Jung Yoo Mi, and Suzy gathered in one place grabs the attention. The combination of the four actors who represent the film and drama industry is making headlines.

At the Baeksang Arts Awards held the previous day, Suzy acted as the host, and Jeon Do Yeon won the Best Actress Award in the movie category. The friendship among the four actors is undoubtedly eye-catching.

Meanwhile, Gong Hyo Jin will appear as the second guest of tvN’s new entertainment show House on Wheels, while Jung Yoo Mi and Suzy are filming for the new film Wonderland (literal translation).

Source (1)

credits: soop_boss
BD6AA00B-5E23-4745-B129-B60862C76D5F.jpg

3B33258C-75F4-46C6-9818-C74C5E72591C.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Gong Hyo Jin In Talks To Star As Lead Of New Drama

Gong Hyo Jin In Talks To Star As Lead Of New Drama

On February 9, Ilgan Sports quoted a source from the drama industry who said, “Gong Hyo Jin will be transforming into a scriptwriter who writes makjang dramas (dramas with exaggerated and outrageous plots) in the new Netflix original series ‘Woman of Crisis’ (literal title).”

Following reports, a source from Gong Hyo Jin’s agency Management SOOP stated, “Gong Hyo Jin is positively reviewing the offer to star in the Netflix original ‘Woman of Crisis.'”

If she accepts the role, Gong Hyo Jin will be playing scriptwriter Kim Ma Ri, who is famous for writing makjang dramas. With provocative setups, speedy storytelling, unprecedented villains, and extravagant revenge stories, Kim Ma Ri writes hit dramas that averages over 35 percent in viewership ratings. She’s a top class writer whose dramas get confirmed for broadcast easily with just her name.

“Women of Crisis” will have the typical elements of a makjang drama, such as a kind but frustrating female lead, an affectionate second-generation chaebol, a secret regarding one’s birth revealed at a crucial moment, and senseless “kimchi slap” moments, while still satisfying viewers by simultaneously straying away from these clichés.

The drama is written by scriptwriter Kim Soo Ah, who worked on “I Like It Hot” and “Whatcha Wearin’?” and it will be helmed by director Lee Won Suk, who worked on “How to Use Guys with Secret Tips.” If she takes on this new project, it will be Gong Hyo Jin’s first project in two years since KBS 2TV’s “When the Camellia Blooms” and the film “The Most Ordinary Love.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1453233wpp/gong-hyo-jin-in-talks-to-star-as-lead-of-new-drama

• Blob 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/23/2021 at 2:06 AM, kkonghyojin_ said:

Hi , Can I ask Kong's Soompi still active ?

It's sad to see it not being updated as much as it used to 6 years ago. 

I think the OGs have gone a little older and busier with life. I have to admit I have become very busy myself and it's become so hard to manage multiple accounts. 

And also,, I think I never got the gist of posting on Soompi. LOL

Kong Hyo Jin - to star in a new KBS variety show, 'Harmless, from today' (tentative English translation)

We all know how much Kong Hyo Jin cares for the environment - that she'd do her best to raise awareness and to minimise her environmental impact. Following her Kong Chaek project, her environmental essay which she had published in 2010, she has also created her own upcycling project, Super Magic Factory, and became the spoke person at the 2019 Herald Design Forum about climate change. 

Her dedication to raising awareness in helping minimise our impact on the earth has left fans in awe, for sure. 

Recently, it's reported that she will star in her first variety show, with two of her close friends and actors Lee Chun Hee and Jeon Hye Jin. The show will be broadcasted by KBS and the title is "oneulbuteo muhaehage" which literally translates to harmless from today. (I believe it's supposed to say something like let's do something harmless from today). 

:hwaiting2:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

• 1 month later...