Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest ceruleanthought

Daikon Legs, Greek Legs, etc?

Guest ceruleanthought

I don't understand the type of legs....

Apparently Daikon legs are Japanese womens' legs that have fat around the calves? Or thighs? But they look like normal legs to me...Do ALL Asian women have daikon legs, or is it just some? How do you tell?

And Greek legs are, what? Long skinny legs? (I wish I had those lol). Confuzzled >.> Are there other types of legs? And yet, Greek Legs and Daikon Legs look kinda the same....they're all leg shaped...O.o

Guest PDURRR

well...there's chicken thighs...lol.

daikon legs lol~

never heard any of these

Daikon legs = are basically the Japanese equivalent of American "cankles," except that the meat aggregates not around the ankles, but the at calves. (credit)

430300403_a670a16f4d.jpg

Greek legs = opposite of the above ?

howitworks_girl.gif

Guest GeneralMarshmallow

wtf? i'm not familiar with any of these terms but regarding the above post, if those are daikon legs, most azns i know happen to have 'greek legs' or mix of both, but particularly more heavy on the greek than the daikons. i'm azn by the way.

but if op meant "short legs" and "long legs", then i do agree that us azns are cursed with shorter legs.. :x of course this is a stereotype but <_<

-edit-

i asked my mom about it. yes there is such thing as daikon legs... she has them '_'

Guest momoxai

Daikon legs (well, to my family anyways) aren't just fat legs but legs that are shaped like daikon. Like the muscle itself is like that. Plus, being a Japanese thing, they're usually really white.

Sadly, daikon legs run in my family D:

Guest aubrei

if you're chinese you might understand '蘿蔔腿'

same meaning im pretty sure

it reads carrot. (white carrot) aka white radish...aka daikon

lol

Guest bunnieee_ears

haha never heard of daikon legs before, but yer i've heard of the whole classifying legs thing, and pretty sure there's a name for daikon legs in english but can't think of it... maybe it is cankles? =_=" doens't sound right to me though...

I'v heard of thunder thighs too, which is just big thighs. XD

O_O I've never heard of these terms (?) before... I didn't even know what "pigeon-toed" was until my boyfriend pointed it out on TV like a month ago.. I've heard of cankles of course, but daikon and greek legs? *scratches head* Sorry if I sound stupid, but I really am clueless XD

Guest lilkrnpucca

I think I have this... I've always believed my calves seemed larger than everyone elses. It always hurts my feelings when people point them out.

Guest jxmode

I think I have daikon legs. xD Never knew there was a name for it, but yeah I'm pretty self conscious about them at times.

Guest Criiistal

in korean its 무다리!!!

my dad says i have it........

Guest lovejyk

Daikon legs? Daikon as in Daikon radishes?

Daikon.Japan.jpg

Ahah, wow--kind of funny but I'm pretty sure if you said "daikon legs" to a westerner, they definitely won't know what you're talking about. I've seen daikon legs before. I think they are kind of easy to differentiate from "greek legs". I actually haven't heard of either of those terms before...

Guest witchery

Haha daikon legs are like carrot legs (the more popular saying in Chinese).

Daikon legs= Japanese for radish

Luo bo legs = Chinese for carrots

Lol...because people like to associate legs with vegetables...

I don't think it's just an Asian thing. I see legs like that everywhere. There's just not really any popular Western equivalent to the phrase.

Just wondering though...would you say the same thing for legs with rather muscly calves? As in they have that shape not from fat, but from exercising too much :ph34r:

Guest MeiNing

haha yeah daikon legs... yes, as in the radishes. learned the term in japanese :)

Guest kimmi.kami

LOL, thanks to soompi

i now know I have daikon legs ;D

Guest evz88

I don't understand the type of legs....

Apparently Daikon legs are Japanese womens' legs that have fat around the calves? Or thighs? But they look like normal legs to me...Do ALL Asian women have daikon legs, or is it just some? How do you tell?

And Greek legs are, what? Long skinny legs? (I wish I had those lol). Confuzzled >.> Are there other types of legs? And yet, Greek Legs and Daikon Legs look kinda the same....they're all leg shaped...O.o

i call them carrot legs lol because daikon in chinese is white carrot, its legs that are fat around the calves. not all asians do, a lot of asians have skinny as legs lol. my legs are carrot legs unfortunately =| hate them, my thighs are fine its just the calves are like unproportionally big.. think its because my ankles are too small i don't know.. plus i got like O shape legs which makes it worse.

picture proof:

carrotlegs.jpg

i guess maybe its not as bad as those i saw when i google "daikon legs" but because i'm short and have a tiny frame it just looks too big =_=

Guest doori

My mom says I have Daikon legs whenever I wear shorts. >___>

Why must I be so short?

Guest MIS0HAPPY

lol, i think i have daikon legs too.

my friend always points them out

and it makes me paranoid. @_@

Guest x ciel

I think I have Daikon legs too. :( IMO they're only really bad if it looks like the picture Bunny posted. I think a lot of people might be between Daikon and Greek, but lean a bit towards the Daikon side?