SNSD Tiffany tears talking about other members teasing her at Korean

Guest Dr.Joe

It's not just pride...a lot is jealously. I've gotten on subways in Seoul and nobody looks, but as soon as I pick up the phone and start speaking in English or speak in English to a friend with me, people's heads jolt up to stare. A lot of younger girls (those in their 20s) will give really dirty or malicious-looking eyes and whisper loudly things like, "What a show off", "why can't she just speak Korean?" It's so, so obnoxious. Girls are really competitive, so...yeah. ugh. :angry:

I definitely feel bad for Tiffany. She's not Korean...she's American. She grew up there and she will always carry that cultural identity, even as a person who currently resides in Korea. A lot of Koreans think Korea is the center of the world and will say things like, "Americans eat kimchi, right?" and "Americans love Kim Yuna, right?" They forget that...it's a huge world out there with many, many cultures, and that America is a country that is not homogeneous at all. :(

-ginger

Amen.

What's really pathetic about koreans is that ... even if you come from an English speaking country they are amazed or "impressed" by your English skills.

WTF is that about???! I've seen korean netizen comments to videos of Tiffany/Jessica speaking English. And they're all like "OMG! Their pronunciation is superb!" "I'm so envious" "They're so good at English!!"

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lishathestain

oh har har. Saying someone's voice sounds like a goat is PRETTY darn nice ;D

Just saying what I think. Sure, she may be a good person and all. I felt bad that the girls did that to her even though it may be a joke but girl's got to have some decent respect for people.

that's exactly why she was having real hard times with learning korean.

she wanted to compliment Hyesung's vibrato but she had very limited korean vocab and i guess the first thing that came up on her mind was that vibrato of a goat -_- which is stupid, yes. but she didn't have ill meaning behind it.

Guest falling_star_142

*sigh*

after hearing about how hard she has tried to learn Korean and its culture

i thought people would have understood her more

i mean, the "goat" voice thing, that's an example of how being lacking of language makes her can't express herself and her thoughts clearly, and that causes misunderstanding, seriously if people coud just watch a whole show instead of just a cut from anti clip, they would have noticed that she loves his voice

i'm not saying that she was not at fault at all, but if she really meant what she said, i'm pretty sure Minwoo would "punch her in the mouth" before Shinhwa Changjo does anything since she's kinda close with him and there's no way he could stand her saying that

anyway, love Brian at the end

i guess Tiffany has been holding back the tears for so long that she bursted

on TV):

it's awfully mean of the SNSD members to do that. but in a way, it's

funny too. but i don't like how they took it to an extent that they really

hurt her D:

pretty strong statement that Tiffany made. "con-artists?" i know they

tend to be jokesters, but im sure they are nice, deep down.

but luckily brian joooo was there to heal the tears!

Guest PhuongNguyen

*sigh*

i mean, the "goat" voice thing, that's an example of how being lacking of language makes her can't express herself and her thoughts clearly, and that causes misunderstanding, seriously if people coud just watch a whole show instead of just a cut from anti clip, they would have noticed that she loves his voice

i'm not saying that she was not at fault at all, but if she really meant what she said, i'm pretty sure Minwoo would "punch her in the mouth" before Shinhwa Changjo does anything since she's kinda close with him and there's no way he could stand her saying that

Some people will jump at any chance to diss the girls; I mean... it's amazing how her compliment actually got turned into an insult; and there's actually idiots that are expecting people to punch her in the mouth. WOW.

Guest vannachoong91

I understand how she feel~

It's really kinda mean for the other girls to do that.. :P

But they now really cares about each other a lot..

*sigh*

IKR but like been said ppl choose to watch the CUT from antis and just agreed with the whole things antis said

never tried to look at the positive side or why she's said this and that they just prefer to look at 1 way

oh har har. Saying someone's voice sounds like a goat is PRETTY darn nice ;D

Just saying what I think. Sure, she may be a good person and all. I felt bad that the girls did that to her even though it may be a joke but girl's got to have some decent respect for people.

LMAO XD i think you got that wrong, when she said that she doesnt mean he is sounds like that, she's wants to explain his vibrato but i guess she doesnt know the right words to express it, dont take it literally lol XD,heck do you know fany is a big fan of shinhwa? hahaha not to mention they're her sunbae who used to be in same company XD when shinhwa still in SM fany already joined the company so no i dont think she meant bad things bout hyesung so yah

It's not just pride...a lot is jealously. I've gotten on subways in Seoul and nobody looks, but as soon as I pick up the phone and start speaking in English or speak in English to a friend with me, people's heads jolt up to stare. A lot of younger girls (those in their 20s) will give really dirty or malicious-looking eyes and whisper loudly things like, "What a show off", "why can't she just speak Korean?" It's so, so obnoxious. Girls are really competitive, so...yeah. ugh. :angry:

-ginger

Ditto. I had a similar incident when I visited Korea three summers... I was at Dunkin' Donuts with my sister. When we entered the door, the cashier was all happy and cheery greeting us. But when we spoke English to her, she became very...cold. Then we paid for our parfait. My sister noticed that on the price tag it said 2,500 won, but she charged us 3,000 won. So I went and asked her about it in a polite manner. She started to speak loudly in her Engrish, slowly...describing how it is 3000 won. Then I pointed at the price tag. She just took it out, shoved it in the drawer and went back behind the counter. Its one thing to not apologize to me, but she just ignored me...like "I-gave-up-on-this-American-idiot". But yeah, I treat it as a one-person incident. I try my best not to judge a nation with one incident...but let me tell you, it's hard.

I hope people would watch the actual video. I sympathized with Tiffany completely. Its tough. I mean, imagine how tough it was for me to visit there for only two weeks...let alone, living there like Tiffany is doing. Even though I am not a fan of Tiffany, I wish her the best with her studies. On the brighter note, she has all the members to help her out with that (though sometime with tough love :lol:)...

-ida

Guest choco_girl

Omo....

Be strong fany....

Well...being the teasing object can be annoyed sometimes...lol

but i think the girls only joking with fany's elemantry vocab...fany's vocab already wonderful now...no more ddil-fany....now it turn out to be Vamp-fany :D

Are these the words from the girl who took every chance to fix others' English pronunciation?

:lol:

Some people will jump at any chance to diss the girls; I mean... it's amazing how her compliment actually got turned into an insult; and there's actually idiots that are expecting people to punch her in the mouth. WOW.

It was a joke, you idiot. Everyone knows how overprotective Shinhwa Changjo is. They're almost as bad as Sones ;)

And you guys can keep claiming that she meant it as a compliment lol. No one bought it back then and no one's buying it now.

Lol Brian, you never fail to make me laugh. Everywhere you go, you make people smile. Love you tons<3

Aw poor Tiffany, I hope the other girls will stop teasing her, it's not her fault. D: I'm sure she will improve with her studies and stopped being picked on. XD

Guest PUNKB*TCH

Are these the words from the girl who took every chance to fix others' English pronunciation?

LOL.

Lunch with Taec would be the best thing in the world--she's lucky. (:

And Brian, Brian, Brian. That's why I always love him~

Guest kennesu

any american living in korea is going to feel this. it especially hits hard with korean americans because you feel a little ostracized being a minority in america and then you come here and you think you're part of the 'majority'... but you're not. appearance-wise, yes, but when you open your mouth they know.

even if you're pronunciation is really good (like fany's) they'll notice. i've had experiences where my initial decent korean pronunciation will cause people to think i'm native and then when i look confused or ask a question (something obvious to them) they think i'm retarded or something. for the longest while, i tried to use a lot of korean at the school i work with and then when i talked in english in front of them they act all surprised and say "oh, you CAN speak english very well". Uh... that's why I'm a native English teacher you punks...

Guest mizgen17

awww....poor Tiff =(

that's really mean u know......i know it's a joke...

but it's like a FOB going to a western country....and u have friends who teases about how u say things.....

they should help each other and not take advantage of the fact....

it's like the other members going to America and Tiff and Jess teases them about their lack of knowledge....

Guest Atmosphere.

She's kind of like Jaebum from 2pm. Well at least she didn't dis the country Korea because of her loneliness, right? 0_0

LOL BRIAN IS TOO FUNNY!!!!!! He's always so funny!! The highlight of humor!! XD He was pretending he was crying like Tiffany omg made me laugh.

But yeah I know how that feels, even though I was born in Korea, I moved to America when I was very young. My mom was there to teach me Korean day by day. But it was still hard for me to still understand hard words, so I would always give that :huh: look a lot.. but sometimes I pretend I know and just laugh it off. I would have my Korean friends laugh at me 'Hahahaha you know that word? Yeah right, what does it mean?' and I just stood there like a total idiot.. so I kept lying saying that "I already know it, I just don't like explaining it cause I suck at explaining" And they give me that look "Yeah she doesn't know" GOSH I HATE WHEN THEY DO THAT!! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE T0T Like they would always tease me... I hate when they always ask me "*laughs* you know that word? what is it?" -__-

Guest x~Rin~x

I understand why people feel sorry for tiffany, but I cannot get over the fact that she pretty much bashed/betrayed the rest of SNSD on this show. well, at least that's how the review made it seem; it's almost as if tiffany was trying to back-stab the other members on a public show to gain media attention or whatever... I dunno... it just seems kind of weird... and low to say something like this...

Archived