Lee Jin Uk 이진욱

qwenli

7 hours ago, qwenli said:

So I wonder if he had just stay at home and watch TV, then there will have been no chance of all these happening.

haha yeah ikr! If only he were more a couch potato/loner/otaku sort rather than a hot blooded young man... @qwenli I have been lurking all this while, and when nothing much is happening I guess I'm happier minding my own business and visiting this space for the occasional updates that you all so generously provide. Now that we are in this situation and everyone seems to be quite disturbed about this I thought it'd be better to come out of the woodwork to share support/rant! 

Some observations:

1. Nate obviously used the most incriminating headline and photo possible of his police station appearance to generate angsty and verbose reactions from their readers; that was malicious, unfair, and far from representative of the truth. Publishing a photo of his smile instead of his pissed off statements would obviously be misconstrued by many koreans as an unrepentant smirk. Korean tabloids really need to improve their journalistic standards.

2. Miss A's lawyer is quite clever at playing the victim game. Nowhere in Jin Wook's statements did he so much as suggest that she was trying to make a financial settlement with him, but the lawyer accused him of making her out to be a gold-digger. She also said that all she wants is a sincere apology, which is clearly untrue, because she could have sought an audience in private. Instead, she blew the matter up by going to the police directly, possibly informing the press, which means that her requested "sincere apology" now translates into a career death and possible jail time. They should at least be frank about their demands - jail time, and irreparable damage to his reputation and career.  This is an eye for an eye. 

Even if it is a long shot, I hope he comes out of all of this okay >< Can't wait to see his eye smile again.

• Like 4

For the first time since Friday , I really see glimmer at end of tunnel n hope. Perhaps hearing from him was comforting.  Maybe I am too hopeful. 

I truly admire his determination, fighting spirit n tenacity n grit n that is perhaps who he is that we know him to be n whom we root for. What happens to him after this saga remains to be seen but I only wish him really well n be happy n stay positive. You will emerge wiser n stronger m tougher  after this. 

Someone said he was destined to face this hurdle. Some even said its like GMB - is it really goodbye or he will fight on like he always do? 

This is reality so it's different but if one is honest then the good n truth will prevail!! 

still praying hard! 

@hninei - like you , he is the only kartist that I root for. 

• Like 4

Previously, I find him having too little presence/exposure in the entertainment industry... Hoping that I could see and read more updates about him, everyday would be the best. Now, I wish to see his name appear lesser in the news....:(

Miss "A" will surely retaliate tomorrow, she sounded really scary... She's making this into a card game now: Threatening him by showing her "cards" one by one, every time LJW defended himself or made a move. Should everything LJW said is true, he has my respect for his honesty and courage. However, I feel that he has showed most of his "cards" and this makes me worrisome for him to counter-attack later.

• Like 2

I was thinking about this case last night and thought about Lee Jin Uk's track record. Then I remembered he and Kim Ji Seok appeared on Strong Heart in ep 126. 

Am putting the link with Eng sub here:

He actually appeared in both ep 125 and 126. Here from about 6.15mins, Kim Ji Seok started talking about LJU when they went mountain climbing and they witness some students smoking. Although there are many environmentally conscious people, very few people will be like LJU who actually confronted the kids who did something illegal. My point is, for someone seemingly so righteous in his personal life (when he doesnt have to be), it is really difficult to picture him as a law breaker. So I am still hoping that everything will prove that he is innocent.

• Like 4

I did not get the real meaning of the text exchange messages between A and LJW's acquaintance. Today, A indeed counter attacked and said that it was to "test water" if the other party knew about the incident. Huh??? How did she know when the acquaintance just replied with "It's close"? What kind of reply was she expecting when she only mentioned "Good morning. 22nd open"? What would be the correct response from someone who doesn't know that the "incident" took place?

The battle is getting uglier now with A claiming that LJW kept calling her to get her address that night. 

I find LJW's PR been disclosing too much information on their side, making things worse for him and easily for A to counter-attack him. They should just leave everything to the police to do their investigation and only answer what is relevant and nothing extra. Like the Chinese saying, "He's in the spotlight and she's in the dark". So one wrong move would be detrimental to his career and reputation. Whereas she's still safe no matter how as her identity would not be disclosed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, qwenli said:

I was thinking about this case last night and thought about Lee Jin Uk's track record. Then I remembered he and Kim Ji Seok appeared on Strong Heart in ep 126. 

Hi @qwenli did you watch the part whereby LJW mentioned that he was led by a pretty girl whom he just met to someplace during his trip in Prague? His case now reminds me of this story that he mentioned during the show. I am sorry to say this, but I think he has a soft spot for pretty girls. Well, of course most guys do, but this has now caused him very serious trouble. I don't know how pretty A is, but I think she could be someone attractive enough for a guy to be willing to meet her up twice on the first day that they met.

Sometimes, he also shows how nerdy and innocent he could be in variety shows. So, I am worried that this case could be really a set-up to hurt him (badly)! I think he needs a nanny - I am sorry, I shouldn't joke about this, but I really hope that he's been taken good care of now.

• Like 3

Haha yes his appearance in variety shows make him out to be super nerdy and *ahem* even a bit loser-y :P He didn't seem to mind telling everyone on Strong Heart that he completely misread the Czech girl's signals and admitted that she was totally not interested in him and just being friendly. 

Anyway, the comments section on the articles being released are really quite infuriating. I've taken it upon myself to defend him on English language comments sections whenever people make unfair statements about him or are just plain retarded/ irrational/ stupid. There is way too much presumptuousness and I don't want anybody reading the comments for the first time to write him off as a bad person immediately just because of a troll jumping to conclusions. 

It's true that his agency's statements is just fodder for A to contradict, but her contradictions are getting more and more tenuous (just to test their mutual acquaintance's reaction? Lee Jin Wook wanted to sleep with her so much he just kept bugging her for her address to fix her furniture? richard simmons please.) and it is true that what she says can be rather suspicious/contradictory whereas whatever he says seems fairly consistent so far. But I do like how much his agency seems to care for him and his reputation. Even though they are a tiny agency with not as much clout as the big ones, they're trying their hardest on his behalf it's kinda sweet. 

• Like 4

@tumn tumn now that you mentioned, I remember now. Hmm, seems like he is too trusting in people or women in general.

@mashironeko thanks for defending him. I tried on a chinese forum that I reads too, but I give up now because some nothing better to do trolls just want to leave nasty comments. Probably venting their own angst actually.

-----------------

Hope this case can conclude soon. I find the mutual friend that introduce them really dubious. I hope he gets a good lawyer and sue big time. 

Revealing or exposing too much of your true self is not a good thing in the industry. His honesty worked against him. He is so private but had been coming out on tv interviews much more this year. It's a big price to pay but in this case, being honest can only be the only way. 

• Like 1

The more I read into the cases, the more depressed, sad I have for both sides. As a happy married Asian woman living in the States, this is my stand on the issue:

They are no strangers, not lovers but for sure there might have some unknown feeling toward each other (like she is fan of him or she is pretty and he is interested). Also,  they are to be business partner soon, therefore, there must be some mutual trust/respect between the two. So for him being a celebrity intentionally went to her house and raped her, it does not seem right. They are both adult in their 30s, and as normal human being at that age, single male or female should has high desire for sex. So whatever lead to the sex act that night between them, only them know. Judging from all reality shows of LJW, he seems to be a naive, nerdy person who does not try to hide his truthful personality of being such. There must be misunderstand of feeling or communication between them that lead to that sex where she probably not 100% sure of it. She might realize she does not like him that much to engage in that act. But for her to publicly accuse him days later to demand a simple apology probably for sole reason he is public figure , it is too much. She humiliates him for an normal act that happens every day in the world. I assume she did not contact him directly to demand her apology, instead, she went ahead with examination to police filing claim. He must be deeply hurt, stunt in order to counter sue her afterward.

I truly hope he will cleared as innocent (not intentionally assault her as she claimed).  Unless he is absolutely a psycho, it is hard to believe anyone normal guy intentionally do that on first meeting date. For her, I also hope they found her as being overacted to press charge on him instead she lied about it to seek money or fame.

• Like 3

Per this show, Jin Wook reveals himself as a person who will not initiate something. I pray that is the situation when this sex act happened. If that is the case, then the lady might had sent wrong signal, but acted alone until she has second thought and over react to cause this whole pain for both parties.

http://www.hancinema.net/lee-jin-wook-in-three-meals-a-day-captivates-everyone-s-heart-young-and-old-88021.html

I think someone once mentioned about what would happen to LJW's endorsements. Well the damaged has now been done. If I have read correctly, 4 of his endorsements / advertisements have seen suspended - Lotteria's AZ Burger, Hyundai Rental Care, BLACKYAK & Samsonite. His contracts with them have not ended, and range from few months to a year. Terminations have yet been decided as his case is still under investigation.

Spoiler

이진욱 광고 4개 무엇? 전부 잠정중단…피해 배상? "아직은ᆢ"
롯데리아, 현대렌탈케어, 블랙야크, 쌤소나이트

배우 이진욱이 성폭행 혐의로 피소되면서 롯데리아 등 그가 모델로 나선 업계에 비상이 걸렸다.

롯데리아는 19일 이진욱이 출연한 TV광고를 비롯해 매장 내부 모니터 등에 방영되는 제품 광고 동영상 모두를 중단하면서 급한 불을 껐다.

롯데리아 신제품 AZ(아재)버거는 지난 8일부터 이진욱을 모델로 TV에까지 광고를 선보이며 전략적인 제품 마케팅을 시작했다가 이번 성폭행 논란으로 10여일 만에 해당 광고를 중단해야 했다.

업체 측은 "광고 중단과 향후 이벤트도 어려운 상황"이라며 "수사가 진행 중이기 때문에 계약 해지 등 구체적인 사안에 대해서는 결정된 사항이 없다"고 손해배상에 대해 신중한 태도를 보이고 있다. 앞서 롯데리아는 "이진욱의 세련된 이미지가 수제 타입 아재버거와 잘 부합한다"며 6개월 광고 계약을 맺은 바 있다.

현대백화점그룹 현대렌탈케어(큐밍정수기)도 타격이 불가피할 것으로 보인다. 현대렌탈케어는 냉온정수기 모델로 이진욱을 선택했고 내년 3월까지 광고 계약이 된 상황이다. 현재 이 광고 역시 중단된 상태다.

블랙야크는 이진욱과 1년 모델 계약으로 올해 신규 광고 제작을 준비 중이었지만 잠정 중단했고, 쌤소나이트는 계약이 오는 8월까지로 예정돼 있지만 각 대리점 등에 배포된 광고 제작물을 급하게 수거해야 하는 상황이다.

한편 지난 14일 이진욱은 여성 A씨로부터 성폭행 혐의로 피소됐으나 그는 혐의를 부인하며 16일 A씨를 무고죄로 맞고소했다. 이진욱은 17일 오후 7시 경찰에 출석해 약 11시간 동안 조사를 받았고, 여전히 A씨와 성관계 강제성 여부 등을 두고 첨예한 입장 차이를 보이고 있다.

I am full of questions again... Could this whole mess be a conspiracy? Why did this happen just when LJW changed to this new company? This REALLY NEW and SMALLER company??? Moreover, I think he is the most well-known celebrity in this company when they signed him and until now. Is it just a coincidence that he just started work with this new agent and this incident happen? Who would gain the most from this incident and who would lost the most?

Ms A was introduced to LJW through an acquaintance. An "acquaintance" means  a person one knows slightly, but not a close friend. So LJW should not know this person well. What initiated the acquaintance to introduce Ms A to LJW? Did they meet by coincidence at the restaurant or was it a pre-arrangement meeting? If it was a pre-arranged dinner, there should be an intention for the meeting. If it was by coincidence, could there be someone disclose LJW's schedule or whereabouts? Ms A sure knew who LJW was, but I don't think he knew her in detailed before or even after the incident now. Thus, when LJW claimed that Ms A said that she was a "huge fan" of his and "liked him for a long time", I am rather convinced. 

Why did she tell LJW that she needed to fix some things in her house? Come on, he's a celebrity and not any handyman. She indirectly "invited" him to her house this way. LJW drove to her house, so he should not be drunk and in his right sense of mind. If he wanted to sexually assault her, why did he choose her house, which is the MOST dangerous place to commit such crime. It would be much safer if he invited her to his house so that he could clear all the evidences. On her evidences that she mentioned, LJW already confessed that they did had sex, so what can her panty prove? For the torn clothes and panty, she could also temper them. For fingerprints, he came to her house to fix things, so his finger prints could be anywhere. 

With LJW standing so firm to countersuit, I find that he could be really innocent in this sexual assault case.

• Like 4

Yes. I believe this is conspiracy. But I have no idea who will get the benefit from this. I don't want to blame anybody. I am really scared of k entertainment. So poor and navie jinuk shi. 

Believe what I want to believe and love the one I want to love. From 9 to Jinuk shi.:bawling::bawling:

• Like 1

It will hurt him a lot now. Big Hug Jinuk shi. I am crying now. You are so stupid, Navie and foolish like idiot. Your failure is like my failure. seeing you again is far away now. My heart is so hurt. I can't take it anymore. :bawling:

• Like 1

@hninei - don't cry. Be strong. Plse take care... 

Hope someone is with him n supporting n taking good care of him for this period.

i shudder at what's happening. Is this like that in KEntertainment world?? Any worser to come...?

Chaebal!! 

• Like 1