Lee Jin Uk 이진욱

qwenli

was devastated when I heard the news. Not because I think he did anything wrong, but because of the hit his reputation would take :( as much as it's "fortunate" that his case came after lots of other allegations so some people might not take them as seriously, judging from the knetz reaction it seems like many of them have also lost faith in actors/celebrities in general as a result of this string of assault cases :( Reading their negative comments is really disheartening, can't imagine what it must be like for him T-T

Was really looking forward to seeing him at the awards ceremony >< 

• Like 4

This will get ugly ugly n I just cant bear to follow through honestly. Its tragic ! I just hope truth is revealed n everyone can move on quickly with their lives. Does no one any good. Two Adults getting into mess like this. 

I m thinking of taking a break from kdrama n Ktv world totall. Feeling helpless  but I would be praying for the best resolution n as little harm. 

Jinuk oppa I trust you so do hang on tight on this roller coaster. Take care...

• Like 3

@lotus am sure its some misunderstanding.

For such a hot blooded man like lee jinuk, I can understand that he is trying to look for relationships, maybe he was blindsided by some hot babe and just dated the wrong person.

• Like 4

He is a man in his mid 30s, so it's natural for him to have a relationship with someone. I don't expect him to be single forever. Perhaps this is all due to a messy break-up.

D
ating is not easy for a celebrity... when he was dating another celebrity back then, they were always under the media scrutiny. Now, when he dated a common girl, such a mess came into light. If the source close to LJW is true, this case would be really hurtful to him for both his career and feelings. Something fishy could be going on now that the woman came out to sue him after their break-up. Anyway, only he & she know what went wrong. At this moment until he is proven guilty, I believe he is still innocent.

• Like 5

@tumn tumn

@qwenli

messy break up or set up, just imagine the agony! Being emo here but the thought of what is going on n will happen is truly difficult n hurtful. Whatever it is, his career n reputation has been affected n thinking about how hard he had worked since 2012. 

:bawling:

• Like 5

Spoiler

Lee Jin Wook’s Agency Sues “A” For False Accusation Of Sexual Assault, Clarifies Relationship With “A”

Lee Jin Wook’s agency has filed a counter suit against the woman who accused the actor of sexual assault, hereafter referred to as “A.”

Lee Jin Wook’s agency sent out a press release on the morning of July 17, in which the agency says, “Once again, we want to sincerely apologize for the fact that Lee Jin Wook has been involved in this scandal. Lee Jin Wook will be faithfully cooperating with police questioning at the Seoul Suseo police station at a later time.”

The agency then says that they filed a complaint of false accusation against “A” on July 16 at the Suseo police station.

Clarifying previous reports regarding Lee Jin Wook’s relationship with “A,” the agency says, “Lee Jin Wook was introduced to the plaintiff through a long time mutual acquaintance, and while Lee Jin Wook had planned to continue meeting her with interest, they are not boyfriend and girlfriend, as was reported in some news.”

Reports have stated that Lee Jin Wook will be going to the Suseo police station at 7 p.m. on July 17 for questioning.

The initial complaint of sexual assault was filed on July 14. “A” claims that after having dinner and parting ways with Lee Jin Wook on the evening of July 12, he came to her home later that night and sexually assaulted her.

The day of filing the complaint, “A” visited the police hospital where she received examinations for sexual assault, and police requested analysis of the underwear “A” had been wearing at the time of assault from the National Forensic Service.

Questioning of “A” was finished on July 15, and following Lee Jin Wook’s police visit today, both Lee Jin Wook and “A” will be called in for additional questioning as deemed necessary.

I just read this. At least he is truthful about his relationship with A. It's not like he was trying to get sympathy from the public due to some "revenge" from A as it seemed in yesterday's report. But didn't it come across his mind that this would be more damaging to his career now? Some knetz think that he was stupid for admitting this, but I think he's just being true to himself. One lie could lead to another and it would be even more severe later on... I still reserve my opinion until the investigation is completed.

• Like 3

I have so many questions in A's response to the countersuit. Well, IF the sexual assault did happen, she is also partial at fault.

(i) They met only for the first time, and she already welcomed him to her house on the same day?
(ii) Wasn't she interested in him too, or else why opened the door for a stranger that she met only once? I bet she knows who LJW is, but any guy who comes alone to her house for the first time at night, did't she find it suspicious? 
(iii) If she really wants a sincere apology, why not asked him after "that"? Why went through all the trouble to engage a lawyer when she can just face him directly and get him to say sorry? 

One thing I am relieved now is seeing how confident he is at the police station this afternoon....

Source: 
'경찰 출석' 이진욱, 무혐의 강력히 주장.."무고는 큰 죄"

htm_2016071719253192979_99_2016071719040

• Like 4

@LyraYoo Thanks for posting the summary of the events.

I find this hard to believe, if an assault occurred why wait wait 2 days to go to the police? I feel badly for LJW and am happy at least the nitizen's also see that this sounds fishy. I'm just angry that now he has to deal with this and defend his reputation. 

• Like 4

The purpose is only for money or I think in k entertainment world there is som many cruel things we cannot expect. I might be wrong but I think this is systematically trap made by someone who want him in failure situation. Might be someone jealous of his fame. I might wrong. Sorry But I think I am going to crazy becoz of him. Even think about it make me so hurt. 

• Like 3

Watching him - feeling the disbelief,  anger, frustration, disappointment n hurt, somewhat despondent n resigned too. Somewhat exhausted yet also resolute n firm n clear too...looks tired but ready for the very tough ride.

As much as I am holding up, Its pains to watch. . :( Urghhhh... Help..

what conspiracy or plot ?  This is a huge test for him , his family, frens, company n us fans n supporters. 

To those who think that he is smiling --- u got to be kidding.. If u know him ... That's his pissed off look. Unbelievable that I am here facing the media onslaught for the wrong reasons n these guys are sucking up whatever news they can get ... He took some time before he spoke n that is so... Him. 

Am glad some netizens  spoke up 

• Like 4

I am not a big fan of LJW and I just recently know of him through some of his dramas. However, for some reason, I feel deeply sad, frustrate or mad for him when see this news of him. Something does not sound right from the start. LWJ does not smoke nor drink.He merely met her for the first time, and he is a celebrity. Unless someone drugged him, otherwise, I cannot believe him or any normal guy can sexual assault a female after their first date/meeting. This is totally a set up to take him down due to business envy from someone. I hope he stays strong and got better recognition for his work after this mess. I strongly hope that S.Korean citizens are bright and smart not to be fooled by these trashy news. They should appreciate and interested in a person's work rather than some dirty laundry thrown into these artists by some envy strangers. My point is, if this lady  just simply want a apology if he ever did something hurtful to her, she only needs to ask him directly. No need to pull the world into her personal business.

• Like 7

The whole situation is really hard for me to believe. I feel so unfair for LJW if this is a setup. All we have so far are A's testimony and a piece of clothes she submitted for DNA test. It doesn't make sense at all when she says they just met once for dinner, then the incident happened on the same night as he came to her house. I think it is more appropriate for a psycho to act that way, definitely not LJW whom we've known so far. If this is a trap, I believe there are more parties involving, they may get the testimony and the evidences well prepared in advance. If their purpose is to ruin his career and reputation, the woman may get enough money to be part of the scheme. That probably is the reason why from the latest articles, all she asks from him is an apology after making this fuss. Therefore, I won't be surprised if the DNA on her clothes matches LJW's DNA. Furthermore, we all know that LJW does not drink, so I don't think he commits this crime in his right mind. I have more trust in him when watching the video clip of him going to the police station. His attitude is not the attitude of someone who commits a shameful act. He still showed his smile as usual at the beginning and became furious after hearing the question, then he was also pretty confident as giving his statement. I know most of my comments are theoretical, but it makes sense to me the most in this moment. I hope justice can be done for both sides.

• Like 9

His investigation was for 11 hours?! My heart hurts... I don't understand why the knetz are making such a big deal about him smiling slightly before making a formal statement for the media without watching the full video of his statement. He looked so serious and angry, but at least not defeated. I feel better reading the Taiwanese fans' comments on their fb page, many of them say that given the personality he showcased in variety shows (such as 3 meals a day), there is no way he would be able to do such a thing.  He was so 4d and upright to the extent of being nerdy in those shows... it would be impossible/pointless to fake such an upright personality (even if he IS an actor). The way he fearlessly and confidently faced the cameras head-on at the Suseo police station is also a consolation. 

I can only hope that people don't just read the headlines and jump to conclusions, but rather wait for the results of the investigation. For myself, I'll support him regardless of the outcome.  I first started being his fan because of his adorkable acting and his sparkly eyes, with no expectations made of his personality/how he conducts his private life. If he had a one night stand that would be somewhat unexpected but not really my business, and there is no way he actually assaulted someone when he has such a protective/considerate nature toward all the females around him. I really wish knetz wouldn't view one night stands and sexual assault as equally immoral.

Edited by mashironeko
  • Like 10

The attitude we saw when he came out of the car and faced the reporters are what I expect. In my opinion, that is the right attitude of someone who has confidence. He seems to be straight forward and honest man. I pray to God to help him through this silly storm and continue to shine on his career.

• Like 8

@lyrayoo thanks for compiling the timeline of events.

Personally I have been really upset these few days about this case, although I thought I wasn't that much of a crazy fan of LJU but I guess I love him more than I thought. It's just like some misfortune happening to a friend, no matter how casual our friendship is, as long as something bad happen to an acquaintance, we are still affected.

I studied abit about law so I know the court position is always about believing a person is innocent until proven guilty. Otherwise everyone can go around accusing everyone of everything and everyone will be behind bars.

That being said, such accusations even if proven false damages a person's reputation and in a celebrity's case, the impact is huge. I read the Chinese forums and there is this poster who kept assuming he is guilty saying terrible things.

So I wonder if he had just stay at home and watch TV, then there will have been no chance of all these happening.

I just saw the video and I must say he look confident and of clear conscience which I am happy about.

Suffice to say until the case is resolved, his career is on a standstill. For endorsement cases, I think the brands may scale back publicity related to him. I am not sure how these contracts are written in Korea but there maybe a clause to say that if the model is caught in a legal case that affect his continuation of the advertisements then he may have compensate the brands. This is my guess.

I really hope he will be proven innocent and if he does, I hope he learn a lesson about handling relationships. I didn't know he changed agency too, I think now, he may have to stick to one for awhile.

I also find it heartwarming and at the same time sad that the only time this thread became so active is because of this situation. But thankfully everyone seems to have kind words to say.

Group hugs to all.

• Like 6

I pray sincerely from my heart for my beloved celebrity. He is the one and only celebrity I adore in k entertainment. I wish this is dream. Nightmare for me. Deep hurt. Want to cry. Please all God give mercy to my Jinuk. He is worthy to get mercy.

• Like 3

I do agree with all of you, we should wait till the police finished their investigation. Couldn't believe how society became so rude towards him eventho he's no proven guilty so far

Personally, I still support him as an actor since he's a good one

• Like 3