Yoon Shi Yoon 윤시윤 | [Movie 2023 "When Our Love Remains As Scent"]

partyon

Great .... Finally our prince start showing himself and in a such adorable way ... He is gorgeous indeed ... Such warm and friendly with his fans ... :blush:

This is amazing that he looks such fresh and handsome as well as more charismatic and charming ... Really a stunning combination he looks.... :flushed:

Just I can say he reminds me of a very beautiful and strong spring flower that could have tolerated a very hard winter and yet could have been growing up and flourishing so bouncing and prideful .... :P :heart:

Many thanks @rachelyun for bringing spring to this thread ... ;)

• Like 4

News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aigo!!!! Yoon Shi Yoon confirmed for "Witch Bogam" but it's along with actress Kim Sae Ron who's 15 years old!!!!!!:cry: I hope it's not true and she's not taking the role of the witch, because it means no romance, no kisses, then how is this a rom com???? she's 15 years old!

http://media.daum.net/entertain/star/newsview?newsid=20160307082619973

http://media.daum.net/entertain/enews/newsview?newsid=20160307091505307

25573565935_7e6c214bd9_b.jpg

Edit: I think only her side confirmed, so who knows, he's still on time....

No one is confirmed, it's again the reporters misleading the information, all actors are still reviewing positively, carefully, or whatever....

• Like 3

Wow! I like A, B, C, Old D and New D! He just looks all grown up in those pics. Thanks for posting all of the pics and news, @rachelyun!

As for the Witch drama, I was reading the English translation of the Daum article and it kept mentioning that the character of the witch is some kind of frost princess? Is she supposed to be a version of Queen Elsa from Frozen? (The article seemed to indicate that she was born cursed with powers.) I'm not sure how a romance will happen either, unless Kim Sae Ron plays a younger version of the character and somebody else plays the older version, but who knows? It will be very interesting to see Yoonie in a fantasy, indeed!

• Like 3

With all my worries, I just noticed something important, if I'm not wrong, the articles (last paragraph) say he already signed an exclusive contract with MOA Entertainment (모아 엔터테인먼트와) which it's the agency he stablished with his manager!! yay!! :blush:

http://www.obsnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=953998

http://www.stardailynews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=87738

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Vivley said:

Wow! I like A, B, C, Old D and New D! He just looks all grown up in those pics. Thanks for posting all of the pics and news, @rachelyun!

As for the Witch drama, I was reading the English translation of the Daum article and it kept mentioning that the character of the witch is some kind of frost princess? Is she supposed to be a version of Queen Elsa from Frozen? (The article seemed to indicate that she was born cursed with powers.) I'm not sure how a romance will happen either, unless Kim Sae Ron plays a younger version of the character and somebody else plays the older version, but who knows? It will be very interesting to see Yoonie in a fantasy, indeed!

Other articles said she's not confirmed, "reviewing positively" and if she accepts this going to be his first adult role, so it means she would be female lead, not a younger version. 

Though my translator didn't see the frozen part, lol. But yes, her character is a princess born with a curse and somehow the doctor will help her. 

• Like 3

It's not only me...

Kim Sae Ron confirmed as Yoon Shi Yoon's leading lady in 'Mirror of the Witch'

No comments:

hh42.jpg

Sports Chosun - Naver: [Exclusive] Kim Sae Ron confirmed as female lead of 'Mirror of the Witch'... to work with Yoon Shi Yoon 

1. [+1,900, -71] They somewhat don't match

2. [+1,646, -136] I admit she's a good actress but it's better to give her these lead roles after she reaches adulthood

3. [+1,320, -40] Huh...? What's up with this pairing?

4. [+1,191, -65] This doesn't seem right Sae Ron-ah..

5. [+788, -31] What "chemistry" is there to look forward to? She's still pretty much a kid

6. [+267, -7] Well this is pitiful considering it's Yoon Shi Yoon's comeback drama.  It would be hard to relate to their emotions and there won't be any kiss scenes since she's a kid

7. [+248, -7] Feels like a big failure already

8. [+217, -9] Um.. They have a big age gap... And it's not like she'll pull off an adult role either

9. [+205, -8] A minor cast to act like an adult?

10. [+221, -16] There are so many other actresses in their 20s they could've picked like Seo Yeji or Ha Yeon Soo. Why pair him up with a kid?

cr. http://kkuljaem.blogspot.mx/2016/03/kim-sae-ron-confirmed-as-yoon-shi-yoons.html

• Like 4

@rachelyun Thanks for all the updates:wub: I saw the news on your twitter about this casting. I like Kim Sae Ron, she is a good actress, I like her a lot but, but she is way too young to be the lead in a romance anything. I'm upset that this who they want to cast a Yoonie's love interest. I like the idea of this drama but I hope he doesn't take it if his co star is 15. Here's an article I found

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/03/kim-sae-ron-up-for-first-leading-adult-role-with-yoon-shi-yoon/

(I have no idea how to properly post articles so I hope someone will post it correctly.)

• Like 4

Guest araratr

Okay, my head is so heavy right now. I'm in a huge shock. Kim Sae Ron as the leading lady? No way.. no waaaay :bawling:

Actually, I'm not the one who thinks that age gap is a big problem, but seriously, she's too young. She's not even 17 yet. Not that I underestimate her, but arghh I don't know.. I'm out of words. :cold_sweat:

Still, I'm wishing all the best for YSY. If both of them confirmed that they will be the lead actor and actress, then please just make them professional partners, or either one is the long lost sibling, and not more than that. I can't imagine that they'll be a couple. Even in my imagination, it feels so wrong. 

Guest araratr

@evie7 This is the article that you want to share. :)

Kim Sae-ron up for first leading adult role with Yoon Shi-yoon

March 7, 2016 by javabeans Tagged: Kim Sae-ron, Yoon Shi-yoon Posted In Drama Casting & News

kimsaeron_53.jpg

Kim Sae-ron has been growing up fast ever since breaking out in the dark thriller Ajusshi (Man From Nowhere) in 2010, and is now poised to take on her first “grown-up” leading role. I use quotation marks since she’s still just 15 years old, plus she has headlined a drama before — 2014’s fantasy-romance series High School: Love On — but if she takes the offer of a leading role inMirror of the Witch, it would mark a new phase in her budding career.

This is the JTBC fusion sageuk that’ll be Yoon Shi-yoon’s army comeback role, taking a youthful fantasy-romance spin on the story of real-life Joseon royal doctor Heo Jun, who wrote the Mirror of Eastern Medicine. The drama’s title comes from that book, purporting to tell the “hidden story” behind his life as we know it.

This drama’s version of Heo Jun is described as gifted with an outstanding memory and artistic sensibilities, as well as martial arts skills. And we can’t forget the part where he’s also the top doc in Joseon. Basically: Joseon geeeenius. That’s Yoon Shi-yoon’s role, while Kim Sae-ron is up to play a girl who is born a Joseon princess but, due to a curse, becomes a witch instead.

Hm, I admit to being iffy about this pairing despite loving both actors: There would be a 14-year age gap between them, which may be uncomfortable given how young she is. (I know Yoon and his adorable puppy-like charm can make him seem much younger than his years, but she just graduated from middle school!) Fourteen years may not be insurmountable with older actors, but this age gap is reminiscent of Kim Yoo-jung being cast in Secret Door at 15, supposedly her first “grown-up” role, only to have the drama cut her loveline with Lee Je-hoon (15 years older) mid-series after belatedly realizing it was weird, and eventually replacing Kim. I just hope this drama finds a way around that conundrum more gracefully.

Mirror of the Witch will be directed by Maids PD Jo Hyun-tak, and will follow Ms. Temper and Nam Jung-ki as JTBC’s next Friday-Saturday series.

Via Segye, Sports Chosun

I keep thinking this is so wrong, sorry if I keep saying the same thing, but she's a minor, it has nothing to do with age gaps o acting skills, she is still a kid. No matter how young he looks, she's a kid... :fearful: Just make them siblings...

And it's his comeback drama, and everybody is saying it's going to fail, even Korean netizens :bawling:  Right now I just hope one of them reject this drama....

Kim Sae Ron to act opposite Yoon Si Yoon in 'Witch Exemplar'?

By alim17   
kim-sae-ron-yoon-si-yoon_1457366563_af_o+

Previously, it was revealed that actor Yoon Si Yoon (29) might be up for the male lead in new JTBC drama, 'Witch Exemplar,' but now reports have come out that child actress Kim Sae Ron (15) might take on her first lead role as an adult actress to star opposite him! But... might she not be too young?

One media outlet reported on March 7 that she was confirmed for the role, so her agency, Fantagio, stepped up to respond with, "She's in the final stage of mediation.  She's looking over it positively and is tuning over a few details.  After everything is confirmed in detail, we plan to release an official statement."

She will be playing Seo Ri, a princess born in Joseon who becomes a sorrowful witch, if she accepts the part.

cr. http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/03/kim-sae-ron-to-act-opposite-yoon-si-yoon-in-witch-exemplar

• Like 5

Kim Sae Ron, Yoon Si Yoon, and Kwak Shi Young Up for Sageuk Drama Mirror of the Witch

Posted on March 7, 2016 by ockoala

soria.jpg

I feel really conflicted about Kim Sae Ron‘s casting choices, not because I think she’s choosing poorly but more that gray line between acting and real life. She basically an undisputed child actress prodigy, but with it comes the desire to see her get any role that will showcase her talent yet worried that she’s getting leading roles much too young. KBS dramaHi! School: Love On managed to toe that line by making her both an angel and a young high school student, but even then she had a love line with Woohyun.

Compared to Kim So Hyun and Kim Yoo Jung, I feel like there is rush to headline Kim Sae Ron but it’s not always the best decision. With that said, I’m intrigued by the news that she’s been offered the leading lady role in upcoming cable sageuk drama Mirror of the Witch starringYoon Si Yoon. It’s a fantasy take on the life of famed physician Heo Jun, with Yoon Si Yoon playing Heo Jun, and Kim Sae Rom is playing the female lead who will be a tragic Joseon princess. Woohyun was ten years older than Sae Ron in Hi! School, but Yoon Si Yoon is already 30 years old in Korean years, so if the drama wants to see me a love line can I please sit this one out.

ssad

saidis.jpg

In addition to Yoon Si Yoon and Kim Sae Ron, young actor Kwak Si Yang (currently on We Got Married with Kim So Yeon) has been offered a supporting cast role in Mirror of the Witch, with the drama slated for a May airing after Ms. Temper and Nam Jung Gi.

cr. 

http://koalasplayground.com/2016/03/07/kim-sae-ron-yoon-shi-yoon-and-kwak-shi-young-up-for-sageuk-drama-mirror-of-the-witch/

• Like 5

OH MY GOD... I don't want to overreact but... what's wrong with casting decisions these days? I like KSR because I've seen her in Man from Nowhere and Can You Hear My Heart, but this is just too much for me to handle. I'm pretty old fashioned about things like this. A 14+ year gap is okay if she's already 20+ (like Uee and her new drama), but she's not out of her teens yet. I believe she isn't even as old as Yoo Seung Ho when he was in Flames of Desire (in which he portrayed a married dude).

Anyways, I'm just flabbergasted. I really want YSY's first project out of the army to be a success and this just seems too odd of a start. Perhaps there is a reason for choosing her? But if they needed someone who looks young (and yet KSR is beginning to be known for not looking like a 15 y/o) they could've at least courted an older actress who looks young.

Everyone, I'm sorry for my reaction. :( I thought Lee Yoo Young was going to be the lead, and I think I mentioned that I was happy about her age at some point hahaha...

• Like 4

Oh ya me too got so surprised with these choices for witch drama if it would be true ... :o I expected more love , passion and kiss scenes for it though not as much  and serious as Me too, Flower drama .... ;)

It depends on the subject of the film that in what item it is focused .... Maybe the romance part is not the main idea ... The one that we were expecting more and so intensive ... :P

I would like much more, lovely Yoonie plays in a romance drama with the same hair style he has now ,not historical ... But in the other side I'm so curious to know how he will look in traditional style ... :blush:

Hope he will take the best decition , though in any decision we will support him caz his acting always could draws attention and admiration ... just let's trust and believe in him .... ;)

• Like 4

Hmm.... Well, she looks like she could play Yoonie's sister... But if she's supposed to be a Joseon princess, then that's unlikely. I can see a good doctor-patient relationship developing between the two characters, where he tries to help her turn back into a princess, and she in turn helps him discover new medical breakthroughs that lead to him to write his medical treatise. But a romance? Not so much.

I was hoping to see Yoonie play a more mature, adult role (like Kang Inho), so the emphasis on "youthful" historical fusion fantasy has me worried... But I trust that he will make a good decision.

Thanks, @rachelyun for your comments. Now I am curious as to what the "MOA" in MOA Entertainment stands for? I'm sure it has a very good meaning. :)

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Vivley said:

Hmm.... Well, she looks like she could play Yoonie's sister... But if she's supposed to be a Joseon princess, then that's unlikely. I can see a good doctor-patient relationship developing between the two characters, where he tries to help her turn back into a princess, and she in turn helps him discover new medical breakthroughs that lead to him to write his medical treatise. But a romance? Not so much.

I was hoping to see Yoonie play a more mature, adult role (like Kang Inho), so the emphasis on "youthful" historical fusion fantasy has me worried... But I trust that he will make a good decision.

Thanks, @rachelyun for your comments. Now I am curious as to what the "MOA" in MOA Entertainment stands for? I'm sure it has a very good meaning. :)

I'm hoping the same thing, it's time to tackle more roles like that.

@panappuru I don't think it's over reacting at all. This casting has me very troubled. It's his comeback drama and I don't wish there to be any controversies surrounding it. Casting a leading lady who is no even of a legal age..I just don't like it. 

@araratr Thank You:wub:

• Like 3

Guest araratr

Good morning from here. It's a new day but I still feel uncomfortable because of that news. :mellow:

But I'll just trust YSY. He will think carefully and I believe that he knows what's best for him. I'm going to support whatever decision he'd make. :)

Oh wait.. It's confirmed?! Ok. I'm good. :(

tumblr_nt37x32fF21taa1z6o2_1280.jpg

Cr. To uploader

PS: @rachelyunnim, I like your post not because I'm happy with the news.. but I can't stop laughing at your "richard simmons" :sweatingbullets: