Yoon Shi Yoon 윤시윤 | [Movie 2023 "When Our Love Remains As Scent"]

partyon

I don't know if it's the way that translator does it, but the latest article said that Taxi Ent (so he renewed his contract with them) says he's "choosing carefully" among other dramas, films and projects, nothing it's decided yet. Like "calm down, don't anticipate yet"

http://media.daum.net/entertain/star/newsview?newsid=20160216164043472

Yoon Shi-yoon may star in ‘Witch Bogam’ 

Updated : February 16 2016
A-
A+

(OSEN)

Actor Yoon Shi-yoon is likely to take the lead role in JTBC’s forthcoming historical fiction TV series “Witch Bogam,” according to local reports Tuesday.

In the TV series -- which means “Witch Mirror” -- Yoon is being considered for the role of historic figure Hur Joon, so-called “father of herbal medicine” during Joseon Dynasty. 

Yoon’s role will reportedly deviate from typical Hur Joon roles, playing an austere physician. Instead, the 29-year-old will act a prickly doctor who bumps into a witch and cures her. 

Yoon was discharged from military duty on Jan. 27 and is currently gearing up for his comeback on the small screen. 

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com)

http://m.kpopherald.com/view.php?ud=201602161638178082839_2

Guest araratr

Ah, finally there's a casting news! Just like sunshine after the rain :P

I'm soooo happy to hear that, eventhough it's not confirmed yet. It's sageuk, and looks like there will be some medical aspects in it. Sounds interesting. I do wish that he will take it, because I can't wait to see him in a new drama. :love:

But I wonder what kind of witch will be portrayed in that drama. It makes me feel a bit nervous actually. :ph34r:

Btw, thanks @rachelyunfor the updates. 

Yoon Shi-yoon eyes JTBC fantasy sageuk as comeback drama

by javabeans | February 16, 2016 | 15 Comments

yoonshiyoon_60.jpg

Freshly discharged from military service, Yoon Shi-yoon is looking at new projects, and may be heading to JTBC for a fusion fantasy romance sageuk drama, which would be his first foray into sageuk waters. Yay!

It sounds like an interesting project, too: The title roughly translates to Mirror of the Witch (Manyeo Bogam), but requires a bit of explanation. The drama will be taking a fantasy-fusion turn on the youth and love of famed Joseon royal physician Heo Jun, who wrote the book Mirror of Eastern Medicine (Dongui Bogam). So… there’ll be medicine, but also maybe some witchery and spells and not-strictly-scientific happenings going on, I’m guessing?

That’s the extent of the description right now, but I’ve seen mention of shamans and spiritual guides in the background cast; perhaps it’s Heo Jun by way of The Moon That Embraces the Sun? Directing is PD Jo Hyun-tak of JTBC’s period drama Maids and tvN’s ghost-melo-romance Who Are You, so we can rest assured he’ll have the style well in hand. (I’m not finding much information about writer Yang Hyuk-moon, so he’s a bigger question mark.)

Yoon Shi-yoon’s management confirmed that he has received the offer, though he is also considering other projects and has yet to make a decision. His last project was 2014’s lackluster rom-com Prime Minister and I, so I’m sure he’ll want to take his time choosing the right vehicle, and he was only released on January 27. I can’t deny I’d love to see him back onscreen sooner rather than later, though; I love his bright energy and endearing charm (Flower Boy Next Door, Me Too Flower, Baker King Kim Tak-gu) and he’s got enough versatility that I could readily see him in a sageuk.

Mirror of the Witch is being considered for the Friday-Saturday slot following Ms. Temper and Nam Jung-ki, which is the rom-com to follow currently airing Madam Antoine.

Via TV Report

cr. http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/02/yoon-shi-yoon-eyes-jtbc-fantasy-sageuk-as-comeback-drama/

Yoon Si Yoon considers JTBC's Mirror of the Witch as post-military comeback drama

por Vivi en Mar., Feb 16, 2016

cc1ecee2-686a-4d85-800e-f1ded268788e.png
 0  3

Now that Yoon Si Yoon has returned from his military service, he isn't wasting any time looking for a comeback project! He is currently considering offers to headline JTBC's upcoming fusion sageuk Mirror of the Witch.

If he accepts the role, Yoon Si Yoon would play famed court physician Heo Jun, who is often hailed as the "father of herbal medicine." This series would take an alternative approach to history, portraying Heo Jun as a hot-tempered young doctor who has a run-in with a witch and treats her.

So far, there aren't many details on the series, and Yoon Si Yoon's agency has confirmed that he received the offer, but he is still considering other roles. Mirror of the Witch will likely air on JTBC in May after Ms. Temper Nam Jung Gi.

Are you intrigued by this series? Do you think it's a good pick for Yoon Si Yoon's comeback drama? Share your thoughts in the comments!

cr. https://www.dramafever.com/es/news/yoon-si-yoon-considers-jtbcs-mirror-of-the-witch-as-post-military-comeback-drama/

• Like 3

Yoon Shi Yoon In Talks to Join JTBC Drama

Yoon Shi Yoon In Talks to Join JTBC Drama

Actor Yoon Shi Yoon, who recently finished his mandatory military service, is in discussions about joining the new JTBC drama “Witch Bogeum.”

On February 16, a representative from JTBC confirmed, “We are currently in talks about Yoon Shi Yoon joining “Witch Bogeum.” However, his participation has not been finalized yet.

“Witch Bogeum” is about the young Heo Jun, who was a court physician during the reign of King Seonjo of the Joseon Dynasty. It is a fantasy romance story that will be a fusion historical drama.

Yoon Shi Yoon recently completed his mandatory military service on January 27 as a Marine.

Are you excited to see his next drama?

Source(1)

cr. http://www.soompi.com/2016/02/16/yoon-shi-yoon-in-talks-to-join-jtbc-drama/

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Vivley said:

Well, I stand corrected from my post above! According to this article:

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110353884

The role he has been offered is one where he has an exceptional memory and artistic sense, as well as superb martial arts skills. Hmmm... Not bad! I definitely watch it if he takes the role!

I'm not a big sageuk fan but, a little romance, some martial arts action, if they could throw in a shirtless scene, this pervy ahjumma will be in heaven my friends.  I'm happy he is getting a lot of attention.  

• Like 3

Yoon Si Yoon in talks for JTBC drama 'Witch Exemplar'

February 16, 2016 @ 7:46 pm

Actor Yoon Si Yoon left the military recently and is looking for his next project!  It seems one of the productions he's in talks for is JTBC's 'Witch Exemplar.'

His agency, Taxi Entertainment, revealed on February 16, "Currently, he is looking over many different productions including dramas and movies.  As expected, 'Witch Exemplar' is one of the many, but his appearance is not confirmed.  He is prudently mulling over which production to choose as this will be his first one since returning from the military."

This drama will be of the fantasy historical drama, which seems to be making a comeback.

cr. http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/02/yoon-si-yoon-in-talks-for-jtbc-drama-witch-exemplar

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Shirtless scene? I have never seen one in a saeguk drama, ofc I have seen just a couple of them, but he can start... I mean I won't complain! :flushed:

• Like 2

Guest araratr

I googled "Heo Joon" and found this pic:

Heo%20Jun_Heo%20Jun%20Museum%20Small.jpg

Cr. to uploader

So, I can't help but think of the bearded Shi Yoon. :D

And based on the pic above, I supposed he will look like this (?):

memo_20160206_204910_03-1.jpg

PS: Sorry if I ruin your imagination, guys. I just can't help it. Mianhae :sweatingbullets:

Hi all! I saw the possible witch drama news and felt the need to see how YSY fans feel about it, so I beelined here. :) Sageuks aren't my favorite, but I'd watch it for him haha. Baker King was one of the first dramas I ever watched and Tak Goo is like a first love. (I just realized it came out in 2010??? Time moves so fast!?)  XD 

Anyways, I'm so glad he's back! I also just finished re-watching FBND... I hope he'll be on our screens soon! 

• Like 3

I don't think he would have beard since this character is described as "young" but who knows! if I remember well he said he doesn't like how he looks with facial hair lol :P

Spoiler

Here some actors who played the same character:

Kim Tak Gu's dad!!!! 

a7XMgxv.jpg

5xGxU8J.jpg

35ZRy6P.jpg

2m93dYy.jpg

So, maybe he will have beard! 

• Like 2

Guest araratr

@panappuruIf it is Kkae-Geum then yes, he shouldn't have beard. But this time, I think he will play a more serious character, so.. just like @rachelyunsaid, who knows?! :sweatingbullets:

Besides, I've already been shocked to see Changmin's transformation for "Scholar Who Walks the Night"

Spoiler

Changmin-1.jpg

Cr. Soompi

They could do this to Changmin, so there's a possibility that they could also do the same thing to Shiyoon :sweatingbullets:

So, if YSY accepted that sageuk drama, I guess I'm more prepared to face any transformation he might go through :glasses:

I just saw this article: http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110356196

I don't understand well, but looks this role has also been offered to actor Kwak Si Yang, who is also reviewing it, and "positively considering" lol. (Or it's a different role in the same drama?)

I wish they release articles only with real confirmation...

PS I think it's a different role, since I saw some knetizens commenting about their height difference that would give stress to our YSY, just like Joo Won in Kim Tak Gu, lol :grimace:

• Like 2

Guest araratr
5 hours ago, rachelyun said:

I just saw this article: http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110356196

I don't understand well, but looks this role has also been offered to actor Kwak Si Yang, who is also reviewing it, and "positively considering" lol. (Or it's a different role in the same drama?)

I wish they release articles only with real confirmation...

PS I think it's a different role, since I saw some knetizens commenting about their height difference that would give stress to our YSY, just like Joo Won in Kim Tak Gu, lol :grimace:

I don't really understand it either, but I think the news doesn't clearly mention what role is being offered to Kwak Shi Yang. So, I'll also assume that it's a different role. :kiss_closed:

Height difference is not a problem. Isn't that the reason why insoles are made? :lol:

So our lovely actor has been offered a new project with a dif character ... I think no problem what role has been offered Caz he amazingly could make that role a masterpiece ... But hope the team would be a good one and everyone does their job well ... And especially there would be good chemistry bet them ... Just can't wait for his new job and looking forward eagerly ... Especially if there would be serious kiss scenes with zooming on those warning lips of him ... :P

• Like 2

Actor Kwak Si Yang is a supporting character.

@Maryam Oh! I think I made you confuse, sowy! It's not YSY has a new offer, I thought actor Kwak has been offered the same character as YSY, but it's not; it's a supporting character (maybe second lead?) so YSY is still in the main role as doctor Heo Joon. He he.

Here some information:

Rising star Kwak Shi-yang up to join Yoon Shi-yoon in fantasy sageuk

by javabeans | February 19, 2016 | 13 Comments

Yoon Shi-yoon (Prime Minister and I) hasn’t made a final decision yet on whether to take the JTBC fantasy sageuk Mirror of the Witch, but newcomer Kwak Shi-yang (Persevere Gu Hae-ra, Oh My Ghostess) is now up to potentially join him; his reps confirmed that he’d received the offer and is positively considering the drama.

Mirror of the Witch is the fusion-ified drama about real-life Joseon doctor Heo Jun, who wrote the book Mirror of Eastern Medicine. The drama follows Heo Jun in his youth, described as taking a romance-mystery-fusion bent on depicting the man’s youth and love, while also telling the “hidden story” behind the Mirror of Eastern Medicine. Yoon Shi-yoon is up to take the lead role, and while Kwak Shi-yang’s potential role is not disclosed.

For now, I find the show’s angle and description intriguing—sort of Secret Door-esque in taking a well-known personage and inventing a secret backstory for the drama. Granted,Secret Door really dropped the ball in executing its idea, but I did really find its intention of exploring a notorious slice of history amidst a fictional murder mystery to be conceptually exciting. (It just had all the actual excitement of a ton of bricks. Not falling or destroying or doing anything interesting, either. Just sitting there, being bricks.)

Of the casting possibilities, I’m much more excited about the prospect of Yoon Shi-yoon making his comeback after military service, but I do like Kwak Shi-yang. I found him sympathetic despite a being stuck with a frustratingly taciturn character in Persevere Gu Hae-ra, and he was cute in the small role he had in Oh My Ghostess. I do kind of think his management is pushing him faster than the audiences are ready to accept him, but I’m okay to see more of him so that’s something I can live with.

Mirror of the Witch is directed by Maids’ PD Jo Hyun-tak, and is in talks to take up JTBC’snext-next Friday-Saturday timeslot, following Ms. Temper and Nam Jung-ki, which followsMadam Antoine.

cr. http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/02/rising-star-kwak-shi-yang-up-to-join-yoon-shi-yoon-in-fantasy-sageuk/

Kwak Shi Yang joins Yoon Shi Yoon's comeback drama

Friday, February 19, 2016 Kwak Shi Yang | Mirror of the Witch | Yoon Shi Yoon  .

Sports Chosun - Naver: [Exclusive] Kwak Shi Yang confirmed casting in Yoon Shi Yoon's comeback drama 'Mirror of the Witch'

1. [+1,281, -79] Trying to clean up his image now huh

2. [+1,098, -65] Can't concentrate when I see him on variety shows and dramas.... Why did he have to go on that show back then?;

3. [+979, -60] I remember him as the guy with the glasses and bedraggled hairstyle who was telling stories about girls

4. [+833, -54] Why does Yoon Shi Yoon's co-star have to be Kwak Shi Yang who's tall?ㅠㅠ His height difference with Ma Joon (Joo Won)  honestly stressed me out during 'Kim Tak Goo' 

5. [+272, -29] Goosebumps.  He's trying to act like he's all innocent

6. [+254, -23] Yoon Shi Yoon and Kwak Shi Yang's levels are so different ㅠㅠ

7. [+232, -32] I can never focus when I watch him on WGM knowing the things he did in the past.. He seems so fake

8. [+200, -33] This is the same Kwak Shi Yang who dated 100 girls?

9. [+130, -12] Yoon Shi Yoon's should take home an award soon, his Tak Goo co-star won a Daesang. Hwaiting

10. [+122, -21] Kwak Shi Yang's image must be rotten judging by the criticisms towards him

11. [+73, -5] Yoon Shi Yoon, return soon. I miss you ㅠㅠ

12. [+84, -9] This is why image is so important to a celebrity

It kinda worries me that he has not a good image, just like Lee Ji Ah in M2F... you know these things affect the response...
  • Like 2

:S The comments make me a little worried too. I only recognize Kwak Shi Yang by name from WGM and didn't know he has some sort of past that people don't like. I believe everyone changes and am willing to give this guy a chance, but I want YSY's first project to be a success! If it's at the expense of Kwak's career, I don't mind LOL! (I sound evil don't I?) But the role they offered Kwak might not even be second lead, and he's been in other dramas (haven't watched Persevere or OMG) so it can't be too bad.

If they do accept Witch, I don't think height is that big of a problem. When I watched BK, the height difference between JW and YSY didn't bother me and camera angles can cover up most of it. :) 

• Like 2

@rachelyun ... Hahaha it seems the one who confused others is me :D .... No dear my comment is not about actor Kwak... Intact I didn't know him at all , at least by name ... My comment was generally about Yoonie himself and upcoming project which he will accept its role and that wish despite his talent in playing every role, the cast will be good too ,and have good chemistry together ... :)

Anyway i wish his post_military project will be a successful one as our talented actor reserve it ... ;)

• Like 2