Yoon Shi Yoon 윤시윤 | [Movie 2023 "When Our Love Remains As Scent"]

partyon

Hello, first time posting in this thread. I became YSH fan when he is already in marine. So happy that he is back :D

Want to share my first impression of him. First time I saw him was last year in PMnI. Watch that one because of Yoona. Since the title is PMnI, it is obvious who is the lead. Then Kang In Ho appear and I was like, who is this? Why the second lead is much taller and so good looking? Seriously, he looks like a doll ^^. I'm really surprise that I never see him before (He only have 3 normal kdrama apart from this one^^;, HK is more like a sitcom with more than 100 episodes, difficult to catch up). The story was not that interesting and that good looking second lead doesn't appear much so I stop watching. For me to become a fan, he must be a very2 good actor, not just the look. So at that time he stays in my mind as a doll look alike hehe.

Then I saw a folder of "Me too, Flower" in my sister's laptop. Which is weird because she does not really watch Korean drama and that was the only drama she save in her laptop. I'm a bit reluctant to watch any story with word "Flower" as the title but then I got bored so start watching that one. And then I realized that he is a very excellent actor. The drama is also interesting, first time watching a drama in which both hero and heroine with a very DARK character. I don't know why the drama is not famous but it really make him shine as prodigy actor. Totally become a fan hehe.

Of course I want to watch more of him. Then "Flower Boys Next Door". Seriously, the title-- Flower Boys. And I don't really like PSH but I want to watch YSY. First time watching I was too distracted with Enrique's face. WHAT WITH THIS TOO CUTE CREATURE!!! And the story is not heavy, a medicine to make your life happy. I don't know how many times I watch this one. Totally cute but when they are arguing it is really sad. YSY totally good at emotional scene and I love the way he change his walking and talking style. Cannot see a bit of Jae Hee in Enrique. This man is really a good actor. And I start to like PSH as an actress too. She is good in this drama. I watch her in The Heir but I think Go Dok Mi is her best act. Very natural. 

I watch HK but I'm totally rooting for student-tutor couple. Their bickering were really cute, while SSH character kind of emotionless. I'm sad that both tutor and the maid does not like him as a man, but he just a high school student so what can we say. He should just date Jiyeon hahaha. Not much luck in love as Kim Tak Gu too. Lost the one that he love dearly and no lovey dovey scene with Min Sun (While Eugene and JW has quite a lot). .Such a waste of this man talent in loving scene :D 

He does not has many dramas but I think he is doing it right. KTG make him a famous good actor. M2F make him into excellent actor. FBND is a medicine for all his fan. He choose PMnI because he likes the character and we got to see him in gorgeous vest and suit. And again Kang in Ho is not Tak Gu, not Jae Hee and not Enrique. He still prove that he is a very good actor. Too bad that they waste his character. Should just make him a true villain :D 

Hope to communicate with other fans here. Come back to drama land soon YSY^^ 

• Like 5

New video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58qseBVg9Zw

cr. KBS

Yoon Shi Yoon Says He Doesn’t Regret Joining the Marines

Yoon Shi Yoon Says He Doesn’t Regret Joining the Marines

Actor Yoon Shi Yoon says he is completely satisfied with his decision to join the intense Marine Corps.

The recently discharged star shares about his military experience on the January 30 episode of KBS2TV’s “Entertainment Weekly.”

When asked if he has any regrets about becoming a marine, the actor says, “There were times when I felt embarrassed for being physically exhausted. But seeing my fellow soldiers working hard, I never regretted my decision [to join the Marine Corps],” and laughs, “I kind of wish I entered the army earlier.”

yoon shi yoon

Fresh out of the military, he reveals what he wants to do the most, “I would love to eat something tasty with my friends and family,” and added that he plans to start acting as soon as possible.

The actor also recently shared which girl group gave him energy while in the army.

Meanwhile, Yoon Shi Yoon was discharged on January 27 after completing his mandatory military service. Many are now curious about his next career step.

Source (1) (2)

cr. 

http://www.soompi.com/2016/01/30/yoon-shi-yoon-says-he-doesnt-regret-joining-the-marines/

• Like 6

Guest araratr
8 hours ago, rachelyun said:

Poor Shiyoon! They asked if he would join to that army var show! 

The serious side of me thinks that they might be noticing that YSY's popularity is rising these days. Besides, he also has experience in doing variety show (though it's not very successful :sweatingbullets:). And so, they think that if they cast him in Real Men, the show's rating will increase (and so will their profit of course). Well, I hope it's not like that, because if it is, it's an exploitation then. *what am I saying?*

But ok, let's just think positively. They might be just teasing him because.. perhaps.. he's gotten a lot manlier? :glasses: Anyway, he's laughing while answering it. I like it when he said, "ne? NE?!?!?!" ㅋㅋㅋ Then they put the fire effect. Ok then, just think that they're joking. No hard feelings. :blush:

Anyway, is there any news regarding his contract? Will he re-sign with Taxi, or will he move to another agency, or will he set up a one-man agency just like what soompi reported some days ago? I'm really curious about this, because maybe it's the first thing he needs to decide before starting to choose some new projects. 

3 hours ago, imano_kazu said:

YSY said that he will do what his fan want/ take roles that the fan want? What role is the best?

What about a good assassin hehe

I personally want him to play some role in sageuk drama, or medical drama. Well, for me, actually any kind of drama is totally fine.. 

as long as it"s not like Happy Noodle! :crazy:

Annyeong everybody! Nice to see new people here! Welcome!

@imano_kazu I loved your story of how you became fan, totally agree he looks gorgeous in suit! Definitely the most good looking among his characters, though the drama had a really bad second half... anyway I wonder what's his next project?

I personally want a psychopath, lol!! His malicious gaze is the best!

@araratr I think reporter is joking indeed, still poor him! I think reporter-nim couldn't resist haha, since Real man marine corps has been really popular these days. Anyway, don't worry I don't think he would join to any show as main cast, he before mentioned he felt stress because there's lot of ad lib in variety shows, and he said he prefers to do a lot of preparation, so acting is his thing. 

There's no news about his renewal, but I think he will stay with Taxi Ent, as I said before he loves his managers.

Oh yeah! I will happy as long he doesn't take "God of Noodles"! or Michelin star. No food please! But I shouldn't be worried, he said he will choose carefully his next project!

• Like 3

Yoon Shi Yoon Says He Has No Regrets About Joining the Marines

Yoon Shi Yoon opened up about his discharge from the Marines. 

KBS 2TV′s Entertainment Relay was at the scene when Yoon Shi Yoon was discharged from the Marines, and all of the action was broadcast on January 30. 

Yoon Shi Yoon Says He Has No Regrets About Joining the Marines

When asked, "Do you regret applying to the Marines?" Yoon Shi Yoon said, "It was embarrassing at times when I had a hard time physically. Seeing my comrades work hard, I never had any regrets. I should′ve come sooner."

On returning to civilian life, he said, "Although I want to be active as soon as possible, I think I need to be prepared. If I get greedy and rush into it afer a two-year hiatus, I think I may disappoint. I will work hard and show that I′ve become a man."

Meanwhile, Yoon Shi Yoon entered the Marines on April 28, 2014. He applied for the Marines on his own volition.

cr. http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/102281/yoon-shi-yoon-says-he-has-no-regrets-about-joining-the-marines

• Like 5

Guest araratr

Yeah, I agree that he shouldn't pick ANY food drama in the near future, esp. that God of Noodles (what kind of title is this btw :sweat_smile:)

Well, I don't know how about others, but for me, watching Happy Noodle gave me a slightly traumatic experience. :lol: 

At first, I think it's just a Chinese-and-noodle version of Baker King Kim Tak Gu (because the posters look similar), but I was so wrong. It's just a mediocre rom-com. The story is predictable and somewhat ridiculous at so many times. The noodle itself doesn't have a lot of screen time. Xiu Can's character (character played by YSY) doesn't really stand out and at times he just looks like a coward. And to make it worse, the CG looks a bit cheap. I can still remember the underwater scene, in which Xiu Can jumped to the lake to find his father's medal, and Ling Ling followed him. I guess they meant to make a dramatic scene, but the CG made me laugh so hard. :joy: ~ Ok, I know, making CG is not easy, but if the budget and the time is limited (or if the CG makers don't have enough skill to create the good ones), then they don't have to use CG. 

So, overall, that drama is disappointing. Such a waste of a great talent. But it's ok, the time has passed. I'm sure he wouldn't choose a drama like that anymore. :mrgreen:

@rachelyun

I’m glad to see many articles about him and to read you had a fun/exciting time with your twitter.  Before you posted the pictures of YSY after his basic training and you mentioned how thin he was.  It sounds like he really had a very hard time with basic training.  But I’m glad he made it.   It was so moving to see him in tears. I hope he will pick a good project.    

(translation)

“It’s  the duty one has to do. Why is it a big deal? 

YSY said this while he was waiting for the Marine Corps enlistment.  The news of his enlistment in April 2014 drew a big interest.  Even though it’s duty which any man has to serve,  and even though he was busy with his career through SBS ‘Barefoot Friends’, Chinese drama ‘Happy Noodles’ and KBS2 ‘Prime Minister’,  YSY volunteered to enlist in the Marines which put him in the spotlight.

At the time of  shooting 'Prime Minister and I’, YSY had the Marine interview and after passing it he secretly enlisted. He kept it strictly confidential except for some officials.  Later YSY explained “I didn’t want to give harm to other soldiers and the colleagues who still were shooting the drama." 

Then he returned after 2 years of military service.  Unlike his quiet enlistment,  he received a lot interest from the public about his military discharge.

YSY completed military service and after discharge reported to the Marine Corps 2nd Infantry Division in Western Incheon Hang Dong.  In the discharge ceremony, the fans from Korea, China, and Japan attended and welcomed his return.

YSY appeared to look more confident and conveyed his feelings  “Thank you for attending  and not forgetting.  It wasn’t easy.  But because of support from the fans and dear comrades who always stood by and supported me, I was able to endure for 2 years. I want to return my gratitude through acting.” He was tearful as he was overcome with his emotion.

YSY’s former buddies  came to the gate and performed their congratulatory act for him.  That was a rare sight which didn’t happen with other celebrities.  It showed how faithfully YSY served in the military.

One acquaintance of YSY said “YSY had several choices before his enlistment.  Even though he could pick an easier one, but he insisted on the Marine Corps. He believed no celebrity preference.  He wanted to serve as any other soldier.”
YSY enlisted in the army at the age 27 years, 1986.  YSY was much older than the other soldiers and physically it would be difficult for him, but he made it through the training with willpower.  One acquaintance says “YSY was much older (the oldest) among the active duty enlisted Marines. Physically it would have been difficult but it seems he withstood it well.  Especially he established a good rapport with his seniors and juniors  on a personal level.”   

Agency official said “YSY didn’t  want to receive the spotlight in the military. He felt it was his duty.   He wants to stand in front of the public with his acting instead of with a personal aspect.”

윤시윤, 그의 전역이 특별했던 이유 ”해병대 자원? 그게 왜 대단한거죠?”

윤시윤, 그의 전역이 특별했던 이유 ”해병대 자원? 그게 왜 대단한거죠?”

http://enews24.interest.me/news/article.asp?nsID=991562

• Like 7

rachelyun: Yeah, totally gorgeous. I feel really strange at that time like "How do I miss this actor?". Because I only know about him last year even though I think I already watch lots of kdrama.

I like his answer, not being greedy and to be prepared.

It's really difficult how to forecast a successful drama though. Not just good production, good casting, good plot, they need luck too. Sometimes a meh story can become a high rating drama too. . Good rating makes people happy and make them popular, more people can know and appreciate the actors but low rating doesn't means it's bad.

Hope he will be in a movie like "Man from Nowhere" (Woo Bin) or "World without Thieves" (Andy Lau) because after watching these movies, other movies feel like overrated. . 

But totally need to avoid character that is in love with other people's wife or gf or an elder widow with a child or something like that (Like in 1000 kisses). Don't want in him as a hateful character. . Let him be happy or angst happy with a worthy female character :D 

Psycopath is good, can totally enjoy his talent in acting. Plus a love story with pretty/cute women or ladylike women that YSY likes (because fan are greedy hehe)

araratr : Sageul drama is ok too since he doesn't has much hair so he can wear a wig or hat hehe. Medical drama. .hmm..if they can find a refreshing plot for it, will be good. Happy drama, angst drama, everything is good as long as we can see his gorgeous face and hardcore acting (^v^)

*I haven't post in soompi or any forum for a long time, totally forgot how to cut text or edit the format. Sorry for any inconvenience, I will relearn it, may be later. . .right now I just want to communicate freely with other YSY's fan (*v*)

• Like 5

@booha finally you got a profile pic, a cool one!

Thanks for translating! You're awesome! it makes me feel so proud to be his fan, he might not be perfect, but he always tries to do his best in everything, and that's why I can't not love him :') 

Edit: just sharing this pic, it's touching:

24745375275_48be8f63d2_b.jpg

• Like 9

Hi everyone!!

I'm so happy that YSY is now back!!

@rachelyun I think I remember a song and it goes:

♫♪  How can I not love you?
      What do I tell my heart?
     When do I not want you here in my arms? ♫♪

It's really sweet! ♥ ♥ ♥ I think everyone who loves YSY has the same song in their hearts. hahaha! :D^_^

On 27th January, I was so busy with my work that I forgot what was special about that day but I knew there was something beautiful about it. I suddenly remembered YSY and there I was so amazed with how happy he is being back. ^_^

I reminded myself 'compose yourself' and had to leave my work space and literally RAN to the powder room and when no one was around I JUMPED UP and DOWN, LAUGHED (simply because I was so happy) :grin: and there goes the TEARS :tears:. I thank God for taking care of him while he was in the Marines serving his country. What a man? Who would not fall in love with him? :heart:

It's really true, YOON SHI YOON (oppa) is back!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

I'm excited to see him acting again. ^_^:D:D Thanks for sharing the joy for being a YSY family!! ^_^:D

Edited by LadyJen
Updated
  • Like 6

17 hours ago, araratr said:

Yeah, I agree that he shouldn't pick ANY food drama in the near future, esp. that God of Noodles (what kind of title is this btw :sweat_smile:)

Well, I don't know how about others, but for me, watching Happy Noodle gave me a slightly traumatic experience. :lol: 

At first, I think it's just a Chinese-and-noodle version of Baker King Kim Tak Gu (because the posters look similar), but I was so wrong. It's just a mediocre rom-com. The story is predictable and somewhat ridiculous at so many times. The noodle itself doesn't have a lot of screen time. Xiu Can's character (character played by YSY) doesn't really stand out and at times he just looks like a coward. And to make it worse, the CG looks a bit cheap. I can still remember the underwater scene, in which Xiu Can jumped to the lake to find his father's medal, and Ling Ling followed him. I guess they meant to make a dramatic scene, but the CG made me laugh so hard. :joy: ~ Ok, I know, making CG is not easy, but if the budget and the time is limited (or if the CG makers don't have enough skill to create the good ones), then they don't have to use CG. 

So, overall, that drama is disappointing. Such a waste of a great talent. But it's ok, the time has passed. I'm sure he wouldn't choose a drama like that anymore. :mrgreen:

I started to watch Happy Noodles or whatever they want to call it but was turned off of it due to the dubbing. They hire a Korean actor for the star name factor and then fail to use the talent. In this one it really made no sense to have it dubbed as the character was suppose to be someone who had lived in Korea and via the competition was trying to find family.l I would have made more sense to have him speak Korean (with Chinese subtitles) and gradually add some Chinese as his character picked up on the language. Part of the talent is the voice inflection by the actor and when this is missing it hurts the production.

• Like 2

Talking about saeguks, there's an upcoming drama looking for leads, I don't really recall the name but looks meh, I think it's a crossdressing one... 

There's another one "Beautiful mind" about a doctor who has personality disorder, sounds like "Kill me, heal me"... :P 

There're like a couple about food, but I think he wants something new, or it's what I want? haha 

I think I heard of one with Park Shin Hye, but it's female centered... so I wouldn't want for him, this time, I need him to be the star!! though I love them together, I also would like to see him with a different partner.

I guess I just need to wait patiently! plus he needs some rest :D

• Like 3

Ohmygawsh no Happy Noodle shall be the drama that should never be mentioned. Lol jk jk. But yeah it was so so so bad that I really felt upset that our YSY was in it. 

@araratr I felt such second-hand embarrassment for their CG. Ya know those flying noodles had a mind of their own. Oh and then all the characters, except his character, repetitively wore the same exact outfits. Budget must have been low. Ok I'll stop. Suddenly I remembered a bunch of things and I'm cracking up. I'm glad he has great projects in Korea though. 

Hmm yeah I think I too want him playing a shady character. Not necessarily evil. Oh well something like in PMI but as the lead. :D

• Like 4

Guest araratr

@Jacquelyn Allen Ah yeah, that too. The whole dubbing things really got me frustrated :frown:

@bjvipb2uty Hahaha, I suddenly remember his father wore that shocking pink shirt in so many scenes. :sweat_smile: Ok, what is happening here? Suddenly some scenes pop in my mind. Well then, I'll stop too. :mask:

@rachelyun Yeah, I guess we don't have any other choice but to wait patiently. Well, to be honest, I'm not patient enough, lol. So, while we are waiting for his comeback project, I wish he could appear as a guest in some talkshows, or just being interviewed by some media outlets, because for me, hearing his thoughts is always interesting and inspiring. :innocent:

Hahaha Happy Noodle was a nightmare for everyone! :P I agree, it was not a high quality drama, and not being able to hear his voice was the worst. But if I remember well it has good ratings, I really don't know if all chinese dramas are like this one, or it was just because his popularity? anyway, let's not remember that nightmare...

@araratr Oh yeah, it could be nice to see him in any variety show as guest! Not a talk show but I want him in running man!

I think interviews, photoshoots/pictorials are coming soon, just he needs to grow his hair a little bit! 

@bjvipb2uty btw your profile pic reminds that Kim Go Eun looks like YSY's sister! or it's only me?

• Like 3