Yoon Shi Yoon 윤시윤 | [Movie 2023 "When Our Love Remains As Scent"]

partyon

Last part of U-Weekly interview of YSY.

UW: You're recently narrating for Rookie. What would you be if you were to change your occupation, and why?

YSY: I like history and languages, so if I wasn't a celebrity, I'd prob become a history or Korean lang teacher I guess. I really like kids, so I think I'll fit well as a teacher in a boy middle school (he's so politically correct; why not girls sch? hehe)

UW: What do you think is the most important prerequisite or mindset to being the newcomer or hoobae of a company/group? Did you have this attitude when you first entered the acting scene?

YSY: Most important is to have that 'protagonist' mindset. Even when you are working in a new/strange company, you need to work as if the company is yours, (i.e. work hard!) so that you bring forth results (he used the word: efficiency). It was the same for me when I first entered the scene; I didn't want to burden anyone. I just wanted to do my best so that I won't take up other actors' time (he mean NG scenes). It's the same thing.

UW: Before you went to the Marines, you participated in the drama "President and I". Could you tell us the process of working those actors and any failures/successes?

SYS: I admire Lee Beom Soo a lot, and I've learnt a lot by acting alongside with him. But it's rather regretful that this drama didn't gain more popularity/traction in Korea.

UW: After entering the military, did you miss any girl groups in particular?

YSY: Actually, no. To be honest, I don't fancy girl groups that much (I KNEW IT! How can a bookworm and man with substance get into girl groups? I'm so impressed by YSY…), and you know, I can't tell between the girls in the groups nowadays (LOL). When I have time, I rather listen to jazz or english songs. Because I don't really understand the lyrics, I actually come up with my own lyrics in my head as I listen to them (awww, so cute), haha! (this haha is his, not mine)

UW: Just some time back, 2D1N invited Han Hyo Joo onto their show as a VIP guest. If you could invite a guest, who would it be, and why?

SYS: An Seung Gi sonbae (senior) and Ko blah blah (dunnoe who she is, see photo). The reason is because these are the 'stars' that I got to know from TV as a kid, and if I can get to play games with them during 2D1N, it'd be my greatest honor. If I get to see them during official events, it's really just hi-bye (as in greet them) and that's it. If they come onto the show, I get a chance to know them better.

UW: Since you have quite a good body (how dare UW! He has an excellent physique!), would you want to challenge yourself by doing action films? What about your dietary or exercise habits?

YSY: If there's a chance of course I'd love to try action films. As an actor, you never know what your next project is so you must always keep yourself healthy. As for me, when I go on a diet, I just keep whatever I want to eat within one day. This way, I naturally have no appetite the following day (appetite satiated) and I can start dieting. Just like everyone else, I just gorge on chicken breast meat and hit the gym. (aw, you're too thin… eat more sweetie)

UW: In your latest interview, you mentioned that you want to act in a 'pure love' drama. What kind of relationship do you long for? What kind of boyfriend would you be? What requisites should your partner have?

YSY: My role in MOTW is a guy purely in love too. I've never acted a Mr. Playboy character before though. Actually, I think I'm really similar to Heo Jun in the drama. I'm like a kid and I'm not exactly the very meticulous or considerate boyfriend type. I think that love is a result of two imperfect people coming together, and growing/maturing together. My ideal partner is someone whom I can converse with, talk abt the same topics, and that she can give me some inspirations/ideas so that I can move up to the next level.

PS: This is Strawberry Head (the interview alias)'s second time interviewing YSY. I remember when I interviewed him 3 years ago, he was always using difficult words. After 3 years, he's still answering like a philosopher but he's really matured as compared to the past. He's become really manly. The photographer knows that he has a good body and originally wanted to take some half naked shots of him but unfortunately, the manager stopped that. On that day, YSY gave me the impression of a mischievous young boy who talks like a philosopher, oozing his sexiness and manly charm.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, escherichia said:

UW: After entering the military, did you miss any girl groups in particular?

YSY: Actually, no. To be honest, I don't fancy girl groups that much (I KNEW IT! How can a bookworm and man with substance get into girl groups? I'm so impressed by YSY…), and you know, I can't tell between the girls in the groups nowadays (LOL). When I have time, I rather listen to jazz or english songs. Because I don't really understand the lyrics, I actually come up with my own lyrics in my head as I listen to them (awww, so cute), haha! (this haha is his, not mine)

UW: Just some time back, 2D1N invited Han Hyo Joo onto their show as a VIP guest. If you could invite a guest, who would it be, and why?

SYS: An Seung Gi sonbae (senior) and Ko blah blah (dunnoe who she is, see photo). The reason is because these are the 'stars' that I got to know from TV as a kid, and if I can get to play games with them during 2D1N, it'd be my greatest honor. If I get to see them during official events, it's really just hi-bye (as in greet them) and that's it. If they come onto the show, I get a chance to know them better.

I'm happy that YSY is not into any girl groups, not that I'm jealous if he is into them. But because I think girl groups' fans are mostly teenager boys, and YSY is such a gentleman. I watched 1N2D's episode with TWICE. I actually don't really care if any TWICE member picks YSY, since he is basically awesome in his own way, no need for a teenager girl to prove that. YSY is the real man: he doesn't care so much about girls like many guys nowadays. I guess at least 4 out of 9 TWICE girls have a crush for YSY after that episode. :lol:. I know that he likes Sung Si Kyung, and I like that man too. I'm just keeping replaying YSY's singing The Road to Me these days. His voice is so warm. I think the actress YSY wants to invite is Ko So Young (base on the photo), Jang Dong Gun's wife, such a goddess. Maybe, YSY wants a wife like her too. :lol:. I'd be very happy for him if he gets married to a beautiful, talented and committed wife, like Go So Young

• Like 7

Awwwwww he's so cute!  " I think that  love is a result of two imperfect people coming together, and growing/maturing together" instead of thinking about a perfect person, he thinks about his other imperfect half!  I wonder how is going to be his wife, a teacher or maybe a librarian? :) awwww I have butterflies in my stomach when I think about him being in love! haha 

I love UWeekly photoshoot, they capture the sexy, cute and mature Shiyoon! 

@escherichia thank you so much! it's so nice to have you here! :heart:

• Like 3

On 8/13/2016 at 10:39 PM, hillaryho said:

I'm happy that YSY is not into any girl groups, not that I'm jealous if he is into them. But because I think girl groups' fans are mostly teenager boys, and YSY is such a gentleman. I watched 1N2D's episode with TWICE. I actually don't really care if any TWICE member picks YSY, since he is basically awesome in his own way, no need for a teenager girl to prove that. YSY is the real man: he doesn't care so much about girls like many guys nowadays. I guess at least 4 out of 9 TWICE girls have a crush for YSY after that episode. :lol:. I know that he likes Sung Si Kyung, and I like that man too. I'm just keeping replaying YSY's singing The Road to Me these days. His voice is so warm. I think the actress YSY wants to invite is Ko So Young (base on the photo), Jang Dong Gun's wife, such a goddess. Maybe, YSY wants a wife like her too. :lol:. I'd be very happy for him if he gets married to a beautiful, talented and committed wife, like Go So Young

Exactly. I really don't quite understand why even the older men are into girl groups (like Cha Tae Hyung); the hair on my skin just sort of stand when I think about Korean men in general likes infantilize girls; forever 21, that cute girl look... *shivers*

Although YSY mentioned in the 2D1N episode that he had a 'mental breakdown' when he realized that none of the girls chose him. I wondered if he said that out of truth or it was just a white lie...?

Btw, where can I down this 'The Road to Me'? I keep replaying his songs too! I only have two of them though (found them randomly by googling) TBH, he's not great at singing (compared to Sung Si Kyung) but he's such a deep, soothing voice... I just melt into a puddle of goo when I hear him talking/singing...

Yeah, I also hope that YSY will find his partner soon. He gives me the feeling he wants a partner, but since he's not the open book-type of person and his interests vary so much from the typical celebrity in the entertainment scene (I've actually never heard any celebrity saying they like to read), I hope he ends up with a non-celebrity instead. 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, rachelyun said:

Awwwwww he's so cute!  " I think that  love is a result of two imperfect people coming together, and growing/maturing together" instead of thinking about a perfect person, he thinks about his other imperfect half!  I wonder how is going to be his wife, a teacher or maybe a librarian? :) awwww I have butterflies in my stomach when I think about him being in love! haha 

I love UWeekly photoshoot, they capture the sexy, cute and mature Shiyoon! 

@escherichia thank you so much! it's so nice to have you here! :heart:

You are welcome! When I was translating this answer of his, I was nodding my head away (those who are married will agree with me I suppose heh). At least he doesn't have any fancy notions about relationships and marriage; I think that already is a good starting point. I really think the fans here are very mature; we all want him to find a nice woman soon! 

I'm pretty sure that his future partner must like reading, at the very least, or an intellectual. 

Btw, I just reread my translation and some found some typos. Sorry girls... I was trying to translate that under 5 minutes so.. but the general intent/meaning is okay so apologies.

Rachel, please post more pics/videos! I think you are the most updated out of all us here. :)

• Like 4

Chinese update about YSY translated.

Link: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4732030492

Aug 12, 2016. YSY will be participating in the 'Hope TV' to volunteer in Kenya.

On the afternoon of Aug 12, according to a SBS spokesperson, YSY will be going to Kenya, Africa, for a period of 12 days and 11 nights. He said: "YSY will be volunteering at Kenya. His main goal is the children and to give these children who are living in unfortunate circumstances some love and concern. Because Hope TV is a creative program that is about giving love and exchanging culture, YSY readily agreed. He also participated in the 2013 Hope TV program and he went to Malawi? in Africa then. This Hope TV program is expected to air this November." 

352d88345982b2b7950a668e39adcbef77099b48.jpg

• Like 7

Hmmm the thing is...I'm lazy... I only post the most relevant news here! 

Remember this thursday (18) 20:00 hrs KST Power FM 107.7, he will be special DJ for"Lee Guk Joo's younstreet",

Cp9R1BrVMAEyJzp.jpg

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000495409&spi_ref=m_entertain_twitter

Live streaming app (ios/android/PC) http://w3.sbs.co.kr/radio/gorealraApp.do

• Like 4

Two new photos:

This one is for an unknown magazine, I suspect it's  for 韩国风向 (K-lifestyle magazine), he's supossed to feature in Sept issue.

Kkaegeum is back! lol

And this one is for Daiz (I think it's for Leon magazine), looks like they tried a bad boy concept, but he still looks cute! but I love it, it's like "corrupting a flower boy" :flushed:

Original source deleted it, so I post a repost.

BTS 

• Like 6

Instagram update!! he has so much cuteness lately! just when he was getting manlier, he's coming back hahaha I love both sides though!

Schedule:

8.18 Lee Guk Joo's Youngstreet special DJ

8.19-20 1N2D shooting

8-21 Departure for Kenia

9.1 Arrival 

9.2-3 1N2D shooting

9.8 Daiz (something? sorry I couldn't understand)

9.9 Daiz event (TBA)

Daiz x Batman!!!

• Like 5

Weibo + ig updates:

CqJR9lkVIAEv8k-.jpg

Spoiler

CqJR9mmUEAA57O7.jpgCqJR9rEUIAAn-5p.jpg

Yoon Si Yoon reveals whether he's the type of guy to go all-in when dating

By alim17   4 hours ago  
yoon-si-yoon

Yoon Si Yoon appeared on 'Lee Kuk Ju's Young Street' as the special DJ on August 18!

On this day, he was asked whether he was the type to go all-in when it comes to dating, and he replied, "In the past, a girl I was dating said she wanted to eat Busan pork soup.  In the morning, I bought the pork soup in Busan and gave it to my girlfriend at night.  Thinking about it now, it was a foolish act, but I think the foolish things you do when you've fallen in love with somebody come off beautiful."

All righty, way to suddenly top everyone's ideal boyfriend list.

cr. http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/08/yoon-si-yoon-reveals-whether-hes-the-type-of-guy-to-go-all-in-when-dating

Spoiler

Yoon Si Yoon makes this complaint about '1N2D'

By alim17   5 hours ago   
yoon-si-yoon_1471534769_af_org.jpg

Yoon Si Yoon talked about his variety show '1N2D' on the August 18 airing of SBSpowerFM's 'Lee Kuk Ju's Young Street' as the special DJ.  

He complained, "They actually do not give you food.  While you're [filming] '1N2D.'  As the filming gets longer, they give us dinner if we're lucky, but even when they do that, we're fed after 12 AM, so how's that dinner?  Even when I eat a late snack before filming because I'm so hungry, I still get hungry.  I'm wondering what I should eat before I sleep today.  We film once every two weeks, but I eat like a bear hibernating for winter."

Feed them, '1N2D'!  Come on!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/08/yoon-si-yoon-makes-this-complaint-about-1n2d

Yoon Si Yoon reveals why he believes in fate

By alim17    3 hours ago 

Yoon Si Yoon revealed the importance of fate while he was the special DJ of 'Lee Kuk Ju's Young Street' on August 18.  

He said, "I followed my friend in the past to make my first appearance as an extra.  It was the CF for a famous donut place, and I was someone eating donuts in the background. Exactly ten years later, I became the exclusive model for that donuts brand and shot a CF. Fate is fascinating.  That's why I believe in fate and wait."

That is pretty cool!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/08/yoon-si-yoon-reveals-why-he-believes-in-fate

• Like 2

Really many thanks to you Yoonies who updating , or translating his interviews or news , or  leaving  interesting and beautiful comments in this thread .....again many many thanks To all ... :heart:

Our lovely prince is doing many jobs in various arias these days and I should confess how pleasant and sweet he's made my days by watching him and hearing his voice... Yes he is such a  lovely, gloirious and cute idol.... I dont care who chooses or does not him ... Or if he wins or loses a contest or so on .... I just know being him in any of these events is a gift for me to have some pleasant and delightful time by watching such lovely sweet person ... :wub:

Thank you lovely Yoon Si Yoon for leting us have you in our life and making it more pleasant  ... :blush:

• Like 4

Instagram update! High Cut magazine!

And look at this! Kim Tak Gu renunion!!! Kyaaa! I'm glad they haven't lost contact, awwwww! why are they more beautiful than before? :blush:

CqOQWjlUAAAMdx7.jpg

cr. mbchappy333_

I don't really understand this, but looks it's a tv show called "Happy pyramid 333" 3 days, 3 people, 3 good deeds, there are two teams and Eugene is the first person of one team, so I guess she's meeting 3 people in 3 days and do 3 good deeds for them (?), also it says its'a relay thing so YSY is going to meet other 3? maybe! More Shiyoon for us!!!

• Like 4

He just departed for Kenya. Stay healthy, take care! :heart:

Spoiler

CqT5P8oUAAAAaxS.jpg

CqT5VKtUsAAi9AR.jpgCqT5Yc0UMAAVhkj.jpg

cr.  dadada_sy

Someone translate ize interview (half of it, actually) and a bit of other article:

Yoon Shiyoon Interview

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=465&aid=0000002399

I heard that you learned to play table tennis after you lost to Kim Junho.
“I kept on getting lessons as a beginner, but I got so busy with filming during the last half of JTBC’s Mirror Of The Witch that I couldn’t go. I’m still a beginner. I didn’t start because I definitely wanted revenge for losing against Junho Hyung. Up until now, I haven’t tried many leisure sports, so I took this chance to learn. As an only child, I didn’t have many experiences of doing things and playing together with others. In that sense, leisure sports seem like a good hobby because I can do them with others.”

Is the reason you like solo activities because you like quiet things or that you don’t like dealing with relations with others?
“I do like people, but maybe it’s because I think by myself or that I like to express myself in writing, but even when I do meet people, I mostly just meet the friends that have similar taste to me and that I can converse with - People that I can share opinions with through conversations, whether we have similar thoughts or not.”

When do you think that?
“I thought that on the first day of 1N2D. I felt that the hyungs wanted to get close with me, and I wanted to go towards them more too, but we didn’t have a lot of commonalities yet. Aren’t all relationships of friendship and love like that? Just like how you want to forge a lot of commonalities with a person you like in order to communicate, I wanted to do that too. If in the past, I only formed relationships with people that I had commonalities with, then now, I make the commonalities myself for the people I like. That’s why, not too long ago, I bought a desktop computer for the first time in almost 10 years. The hyungs play Overwatch, so I tried to start too. If you can’t have fun others even if you do meet up, isn’t it sad?”

But can’t that force you to change your standards?
“One thing for sure is that if I want to maintain and keep my thoughts the way it is, then I’d have to go to the mountains. As a person with a job and an entertainer, it’s important to find a balance. In that sense, Taehyunie Hyung is really amazing. Some of the staff’s requests can be uncomfortable even in the eyes of the viewers. In that case, Taehyunie Hyung says that it’s a bit weird and makes his appeal, but after that, he tries his best in whatever the staff requested anyways. Even when he says his opinion, if an agreement can’t be settled on, at the end, he always accepts that it’s that person’s thoughts.”

Which member’s life are you most surprised by?
“Jung Joonyoung’s. I don’t dare to judge Joonyoungie’s life, but I think that he lives in a really fun way. He’s a real free spirited soul. He’s the complete opposite of me. I like staying in the lines that I make for myself. We have our own innate ways.”

But 1N2D seems like a challenge that can change the way of your life in some sort of way.
“The thing the scared me the most starting 1N2D was gossip coming up because of something I said wrong. I was scared of being discovered too. I went to he Marines, but I’m not good at exercising, and I like to read but my knowledge is shallow - I didn’t want that to be shown to the public. But when I thought about it, it seemed like I was just afraid of new things. After making a career for myself in filming sites that I got familiar with as an actor, I had only the desire to do a project that erupts. Rather than considering my emotions and thoughts, I got caught up in the obsession of doing well, of be exemplary. So I couldn’t show my real self in acting either. Thinking that I had to show something diverse before showing the real me seems like it was some sort of vanity for me. The chance to rid myself of that was 1N2D.”

Was it as good of a motivation as you expected?
“It’s like this: I’m afraid of diving so I jump from 3 meters first to get used to it, but when I opened my eyes, someone pushed me off from 10 meters (laugh). From the first filming, they unexpectedly came to my house and revealed my underwear. I was so flustered that day, but if anything, they helped actualized my resolutions all in one go. Since I became Yoon Donggu that day. I’ll even accept the hate that formed because of that side of me - I just thought that it’d great if the people that really love me would receive energy from it. 

Do you accept that you can’t receive love from everyone?
“I didn’t have the desire to receive love from everyone, but I didn’t have the courage to receive hate. Where is there a person in this world that would want to receive hate? But I realized that in order to find the people that will love the real me, I have to have the courage to receive hate. I felt that a lot in the army. In a special organization like the army, I’ve received hate for no reason and have even experienced complete seclusion. In the end, rather than if you receive hate from others or not, what’s important is that you receive love for being the way you are - whether that’s the majority or minority.”

Yoon Shiyoon As One-Day DJ Of Young Street

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000641059

On if he thinks he’s unusal:
“Kim Junho and Kim Jongmin Hyungnim, and even Lee Gukjoo Noona, ridiculously say that I’m unusual. During those times, I wonder if I’m unusual, but I think that I’m normal.”

On not being chosen by Twice members:
“I’m not keeping it to heart. I still like Twice. Twice’s new song - Fighting.”

On 1N2D:
“They really don’t give anything to eat. We do Midnight Snack Bokbulboks past midnight. What kind of midnight snack is that? … You have to eat a lot the day before filming. You understand the mind of a bear that’s about to take their winter sleep the day before you film 1N2D - ‘I’ll have to eat Kimdduksoon today’.”

cr. http://goonggeumhani.tumblr.com/post/149206202517/yoon-shiyoon-interview

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DJ Yoon for Lee Guk Joo's youngstreet.

cr. to uploader.

(There's also a podcast available)

• Like 4

Sexy-Yoon for High Cut!

And more for MBC Happy Pyramid 333, I wonder who's the person he's waiting for? he says it's a princess, maybe Kim Sae Ron? Yeon Hee is the only princess I know!

Moa Ent instagram update! In the cover of "Leon Korea"!!

• Like 3

On 8/17/2016 at 5:59 PM, rachelyun said:

Instagram update!! he has so much cuteness lately! just when he was getting manlier, he's coming back hahaha I love both sides though!

Schedule:

8.18 Lee Guk Joo's Youngstreet special DJ

8.19-20 1N2D shooting

8-21 Departure for Kenia

9.1 Arrival 

9.2-3 1N2D shooting

9.8 Daiz (something? sorry I couldn't understand)

9.9 Daiz event (TBA)

Daiz x Batman!!!

I think it's the DIAZ winter event if I'm not wrong. So we can look forward to a new set of photos of YSY in winter wear perhaps? :)

• Like 2

Thank you Rachel! Once I'm done with my work I'll go watch the youtube video (although I prob won't understand any of it lol)! What is this Happy Pyramid thing...? I hope it's not those stupid, okay, silly shows like 'we got married' or what. Pls pls pls don't ask YSY to do such... things not befitting of him! hehehehe

And yes, I agree with you, I hope she's KSR.. although the figure looked a bit taller and muscular...? :D

I hope he'll stay healthy and dehydrated while he's in Kenya now. He has such a punishing schedule! But I really envy the Japanese fans...  its only opened to fans residing in Japan. So even if I want to go/join, I can't. Why are they so mean?! lol

I saw on Instagram that he was singing to Twice 'shy shy shy' (?) during 2D1N and he said he was their fan? Urgh no...

• Like 2

@escherichia it's definitely nota we got married-ish thing, I think it's only a minishow or even just for SNS (?) as far I understand, YSY is there only as a guest, so this woman (? I think she's wearing a hanbok or a puffy dress) is the next one, she's going to invite some else and so on, so don't worry! he has no time for that anyway! plus, he has a cooking show (or something about cooking) coming soon!!

More photos for Leon! with Daiz collaboration.

Cqb20M2UIAAfLUE.jpgCqb21GPVIAADwQQ.jpg

Spoiler

Cqb22I5UMAAFfcS.jpgCqb223CVIAIkIMr.jpg

And for Daiz (I love you Daiz!)

CqbjY_lUIAAo2NH.jpg

Spoiler

CqbjZs0UIAIgXUM.jpg

cr. Daiz

• Like 3