Choi Daniel 최다니엘 チェダニエル |♥| [Drama 2023] Mask Girl, 마스크걸 - Available on Netflix

gm4queen

11 minutes ago, Pyar said:

Kbs drama video is also about 20 million views. Wow our oppa so popular. ❤

4 minutes ago, L Leung said:

Jugglers is really a light rom-com. But I personally know that some of his fans dropped off The Ghost Detective because it was too creepy! So everyone is so curious about his come back now. High expectations. Hope he will not disappoint us as always. :lol:

• Blob 1

23 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

I think it's Daniel holding the yellow umbrella on the new drama set. He is tall, skinny & the side profile fits.

Omg, it could be him. Oppa look so romantic. :rolleyes:

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

That could be Daniel eh? I hope so.

Yes, I also hope so chingu!!! The side profile looks exactly like him! Can't really wait for this guy to hit the small screen in May!! Hopefully, we get some updates soon! :)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Yes, I also hope so chingu!!! The side profile looks exactly like him! Can't really wait for this guy to hit the small screen in May!! Hopefully, we get some updates soon! :)

Awesome, would be cool. They are being very secretive while filming this drama. Hope so as well.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Awesome, would be cool. They are being very secretive while filming this drama. Hope so as well.

He is playing as a professional hair stylist in the new drama, chingu!!! I think this has never happened in K-dramaland that an actor played a role of a hair stylist before. So everything about him is a top secret for now. But I hope everything will be unveiled soon. I am so excited for his come back after 3 years. :)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, gm4queen said:

He is playing as a professional hair stylist in the new drama, chingu!!! I think this has never happened in K-dramaland that an actor played a role of a hair stylist before.

What other professions or characters would you like Daniel to play?

He's been a doctor, teacher, pianist, scientist, actor-turned-bar-owner,  businessman, hacker, human trafficker, policeman, private detective, journalist-turned-ad-agency-director etc.

From the top of my head, I'd like him to play in

-historic dramas like 1987,

-more deviant/morally-questionable roles like The Chronicles of Evil, serial killer like Dark Figure of Crime, The Chaser

- action and smart characters like firefighter, spy, detective, 

- demon-expelling priest like The Divine Fury

-dialogue-heavy roles such as senator, news anchor, lawyer. 

- characters from classic Korean novels, popular webtoons etc.

Anyway, hope his knee is fine. I think he was limping back in the 2011 KBS Award ceremony. On an older episode of Happy Together, he did mention wanting to quit acting after Baby Faced Beauty. Probably because the knee injury (and stress from fame?) was too overwhelming. Hope his works get picked up by Netflix and propels him to superstardom.

Edited by L Leung
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

2 hours ago, L Leung said:

What other professions or characters would you like Daniel to play?

He's been a doctor, teacher, pianist, scientist, actor-turned-bar-owner,  businessman, hacker, human trafficker, policeman, private detective, journalist-turned-ad-agency-director etc.

Wow!!! :scream: Did he really play such a long list of characters so far!? Oh my, I am so impressed by your research dear!!! 

And for me, I think it'd be a lovely change for him to try Korean novels or a webtoon. I mean he hasn't done such a drama yet. I'd love to see him in a webtoon for sure. :)

And I say no to historical dramas since hanbok & Daniel don't ring a bell. :D He is so beautiful & more fit in the modern day dramas. 

Yes, he has a knee problem & he decided to almost quit acting & focus on another job which requires sitting. But I am so happy that he got back in to the track & is active again. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, L Leung said:

he did mention wanting to quit acting after Baby Faced Beauty.

Seriously dear, I am so grateful to him that he didn't quit acting after Babyfaced Beauty! Otherwise we could have missed his post military sexiness in dramas! :) Even thinking about him, giving me butterflies. He has a great taste in picking up post military dramas. So pretty sure that his next drama will also be successful. :heart:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Would love see him play dark roles, action roles, dialogue heavy roles, webtoon dramas.

1 hour ago, L Leung said:

Hope his works get picked up by Netflix and propels him to superstardom

Yes he need more love. He deserve it. Our lovely oppa. ❤

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I want to definitely see oppa as a father. I think that would be perfect. I’d like to see oppa as villain too. And a military man like crash landing on you. Oppa is definitely a romantic king so more passionate scenes hehe that would be awesome. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 minute ago, Riya Varma said:

Oppa is definitely a romantic king so more passionate scenes hehe that would be awesome. 

Oh yeah... When the romance king suddenly turned in to a horror king in 2018, I was literally surprised! :huh: I also want to see Daniel as playing the sweet boyfriend in K-dramas more & more. :heart: Can't wait for his come back, dear!!!! I wonder when would we have his first official photos released!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, gm4queen said:

He is playing as a professional hair stylist in the new drama, chingu!!! I think this has never happened in K-dramaland that an actor played a role of a hair stylist before. So everything about him is a top secret for now. But I hope everything will be unveiled soon. I am so excited for his come back after 3 years. :)

Oh I didn't know that, That is so cool. Thanks for the info. Yeah it has been so long.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Riya Varma said:

a military man like crash landing on you.

Ah @Riya Varma you reminded me of this scene in The Ghost Detective. He appeared in uniform at 1:00 and I was so shocked at how tall he appears in it. Mixed feelings as he was discharged from military not long before productions, but his character was a whistleblower of the corruption and bullying in military, causing mandatory discharge and setting him off in new career as a private investigator .

I wonder if such a topic is explored in Korean media, e.g. how do Korean men feel about mandatory military service and the hazing problem.

Edited by L Leung
  • Like 1
  • Blob 1

Dear @L Leung @Riya Varma & @Deverly Francisco girls,

you all are so right about him in military suit! Just look at the attitude he has in his personality. So tall & so manly! :heart: This is how I want him to be. I wonder if his new drama also has this kind of scene since it's South Korea's pride that they include about men's military service in K-dramas. :)

160293535_2772382996406562_1829837728876

160741727_2772383036406558_1624581180595

• Blob 1