Choi Daniel 최다니엘 チェダニエル |♥| [Drama 2023] Mask Girl, 마스크걸 - Available on Netflix

gm4queen

40 minutes ago, L Leung said:

TGD is a special and interesting genre. Between Jugglers and The Ghost Detective, TGD was more successful to sustain my attention. Lee Da-Il feels more multi-dimensional and award-worthy than Nam Chi Won.

I also love him to play more intense character like Lee Dail. He actually had a lot to work in that character. :lol: 

42 minutes ago, L Leung said:

Anyway, at least TGD was considered underrated (source); it did not reflect badly on the actors' skills. They were praised to perform well despite the script's quality. I love scenes when they all gather.

And dear, as you can see south korean audience is more biased on idol actors and their dramas. This audience is more likely not accepting anything outside the square. But we should be thankful to international viewers that they loved every bit of The Ghost Detective right from the beginning. It's international power that the drama is so popular despite low ratings. Our handsome guy is definitely the selling point of the show. :rolleyes: And most people only watched it for him. Then we can imagine how popular & loved our guy is from the public. ❤

• Love 1
  • Insightful 1

34 minutes ago, Pyar said:

Our edgy boss. 

Guys and their temper. :D He is the cutest ever. I always LOVE seeing him being so arrogant then fall hard for his lady love on-screen. ❤️ It's much more fun and meaningful than playing as an ordinary flower boy in Korean dramas. 

• LOL 1

14 minutes ago, Combsmania said:

I really enjoy this Daniel and Jin Hee cameo in My fellow citizen. Plus, Si Won tell the tittle of "Jugglers" one of my favorite also.

Of course dear!!! It's one of my favorite cameos of Daniel too!!! Just look at him. He is looking so cute just like a child with short hair. So refreshing!!! Miss this handsomeness on-screen!!! :(

500_562953_1576478001.jpeg

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, gm4queen said:

Of course dear!!! It's one of my favorite cameos of Daniel too!!! Just look at him. He is looking so cute just like a child with short hair. So refreshing!!! Miss this handsomeness on-screen!!! :(

They look really cute as a couple :heart:

Edited by serenilmauve
Don’t quote images! Thanks!
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

On 4/23/2021 at 12:04 AM, gm4queen said:

1 Year ago

:fiercebunny:

Guys, did you know that our handsome guy Choi Daniel was invited to a radio show as a guest in 2020, April. It's been already 1 year since we heard his sexy voice in radio. Tagging new friends @L Leung @Riya Varma @Combsmania & @Nancy69 to listen his interview in the link below. And I hope @L Leung can post some great insights about his speech here. :lol:

http://www.podbbang.com/ch/1773641?e=23495943

Just in case, here is the link to the original post

Let's enjoy his sexy voice until he make his small screen come back later. :)

I cringed when he said he sometimes cooks with MSG. No, that's bad for your health and makes you thirsty afterwards!

6 hours ago, Combsmania said:

They look really cute as a couple :heart:

spacer.png

Oh yeah they seem like good friends.

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

10 minutes ago, L Leung said:

I cringed when he said he sometimes cooks with MSG. No, that's bad for your health and makes you thirsty afterwards!

I think MSG is commonly used in South Korea. Even in his tv drama Waiting for Love, there was a segment of him cooking with MSG. Hope he concerns more about good health and avoid bad habits. But the most important thing, our guy really can cook. :lol: And what about his house dear??! Is he living with his family or living alone in an apartment??! Any clue??! :huh: I really don't know where he lives!!!

• Blob 1

On 4/22/2021 at 9:29 PM, L Leung said:

Agreed!

I won't want the pressure to conform to a societal construct or provide for his family impact his cheerfulness or choice of projects. It's not a must in life anyway and has high emotional complications. He's played a divorcee in Jugglers anyway. Boy needs someone who loves him for who he is, and have personal fulfillment in work, hobbies, charities too. Anyway, as a Christian, I'm sure he appreciates fans warm wishes for his happiness.

As seen in clips such as this and below, I think he's popular with the ladies but in a respectful way, as he never brings up his past relationships or sounds braggadocious, and only answers briefly when asked. He's so low key he's like a benevolent prince in recluse. His costar, Baek Jin Hee looked genuinely happy for him when he won best actor for Jugglers and The Ghost Detective.

A bit of history:

1. In this 2010 interview, he says his quirkiness often surprised his past girlfriends. 

2. In 2012 interview on Conspirators, his costar Lim Chang-jung joked to conspire to find him a girlfriend.

3. The 2014 episode of Happy Together, he revealed he was single. This is the episode that he shared many dating anecdotes. 

a. In university, another school mate was also interested in a girl  he liked. He successfully won her over after 6 months of hanging out. First date involved saving up for amusement park tickets, no bus to return home and dozing in a Korean sauna.

b. He would ask a girl he's interested right away if she would like to go on a date with him, regardless of her then relationship status. (Whoa perks of being handsome)

c. Spent most nights of his early twenties on dance floors of clubs, where he would be offered phone numbers.

d. Not a fan of surprises, as he failed to create one for a girlfriend, when she took the fake argument seriously and her crying increased through the music, flowers and necklace. They broke up shortly after.

e. Prefers shorter girls.

4. He's single from the 2018 interview and shared his views on marriage.

Reveal hidden contents

When do you plan on getting married?

Well, fortunately, my brother got married recently and so [my family] is not pressuring me into marriage (laughs). I don’t have a girlfriend, anyway. My mother died when I was four, and I used to have this ungrounded will to form my own family, but now I’ve come to realize that my work requires a lot of sacrifice and dedication from my family. So I think marriage will come when my passion for acting subsides a little.

It suddenly occurred to me that male presenters often want to know if he's in a relationship, while female presenters often sound ecstatic to interview him. ;)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

This guy is seriously capable of making ladies fall for him.

Just look at those sexy abs. I want to touch him! :D

Daniel + shower is the best scenery ever. ❤

Him dressing up in Jugglers and TWD… KBS does love his model body and understand what the audience want.

7 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

The YouTube channel name "kpop abs", how explicit and direct :rainbow:

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

6 minutes ago, L Leung said:

Him dressing up in Jugglers and TWD… KBS does love his model body and understand what the audience want.

I love your praise about KBS, dear! KBS totally loves him for who he is and they always give audience the best of him. :heart: And he is considered as a loyal member of KBS family as well!!!! You know, he only appear in Happy Together out of all variety shows in South Korea. Wish we can have him soon on an upcoming episode! :rolleyes:

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

And what about his house dear??! Is he living with his family or living alone in an apartment??! Any clue??! :huh: I really don't know where he lives!!!

The only shred of related info I got is he mentioned he just moved to a new place on the 2018.11.30 vlive episode. He mentioned straining his back while moving furniture by himself at night.

https://www.vlive.tv/post/0-18281036

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, L Leung said:

The only shred of related info I got is he mentioned he just moved to a new place on the 2018.11.30 vlive episode. He mentioned straining his back while moving furniture by himself at night.

Yes, I heard it dear!!! But never knew the exact moving date. Thanks a lot for the info!!! And since he moved the furniture by himself, we can assume that he is living alone?! :huh: Want to see Daniel appear in My Ugly Duckling variety show (actor Choi Jin Hyuk appeared with his dog) to share his daily life with us. Then we can see his daily routine & how he manages everything by himself. Would be so lovely to have Daniel in the show!!! :lol: 

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1

pecs too, it only occurred to me very lately that this shirt is actually quite thin… :P

tumblr_pelujz1p021vqfmslo2_540.gifv

10 hours ago, gm4queen said:

I also love him to play more intense character like Lee Dail. He actually had a lot to work in that character. :lol: 

And dear, as you can see south korean audience is more biased on idol actors and their dramas. This audience is more likely not accepting anything outside the square. But we should be thankful to international viewers that they loved every bit of The Ghost Detective right from the beginning. It's international power that the drama is so popular despite low ratings. Our handsome guy is definitely the selling point of the show. :rolleyes: And most people only watched it for him. Then we can imagine how popular & loved our guy is from the public. ❤

True, some viewers mentioned their main obstacle of dropping the drama is Daniel's solid, reliable performance (and his good looks). He was able to shine despite the material. A Chinese viewer commented on douban review website that he's become a skillful actor who doesn't need to try hard, can use little effort to transpire into strong performance.  

Lee Joo Young is another memorable character from TGD. Lee Ji Ah and PHB were praised too.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

16 minutes ago, L Leung said:

pecs too, it only occurred to me very lately that this shirt is actually quite thin… :P

You are quite right! You can see him through his shirt in this behind the scenes photo! And look at his long, slender and beautiful fingers! What a feast for our eyes! ❤️

DSC09602.jpg

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

32 minutes ago, Pyar said:

Hope oppa do a kbs drama next. Then we can see him everyday. :heart:

KBS puts lots of drama clips on YouTube, many with English subtitles too. Enjoy this clip with that notoriously low-neckline shirt. And I rewatch the Happy Together clips many times too!

• Love 1
  • Blob 1