Choi Daniel 최다니엘 チェダニエル |♥| Upcoming Drama : Fly High, Butterfly 날아올라라 나비 Premieres in 2021

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pyar

• gm4queen

• hushh

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EVENT: THREAD SPOTLIGHT! hey ya chingus, what's in a name? I love discovering the stories behind a person's name and why their parents chose it. sometimes, these stories can be very interesting.

OH MY GOD!! Thank you so much, dear @Lmangla chingu!!! I love how you re-organized his info in an interesting manner. I am so happy to see my love on Thread Spotlight!!! We are so grateful to you!!! R

Choi Daniel is a South Korean actor, DJ and television anchorman. He is best known for his roles in High Kick Through the Roof, Cyrano Agency, Baby Faced Beauty, School 2013, Big Man, Jugglers &a

1 minute ago, Min2206 said:

Oh my goodness!  I could not recognise him!    He was with that Ms Jang Nara, Kim Woo Bin and Lee Jong Suk, right, the same teacher?

Hello chingu! Yeah, this is him! He played as Kang Se Chan in School 2013. A handsome, charismatic & cold teacher in eye-glasses! :) Have you watched any of his other dramas??! Try his 2018 horror drama, The Ghost Detective if you love horror genre. Thanks a lot for dropping by, chingu!

• Like 4
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Hello chingu! Yeah, this is him! He played as Kang Se Chan in School 2013. A handsome, charismatic & cold teacher in eye-glasses! :) Have you watched any of his other dramas??! Try his 2018 horror drama, The Ghost Detective if you love horror genre. Thanks a lot for dropping by, chingu!

LOL, I don't really follow any K-actor / actress before  Year 2020  LOL
Not until during the covid crisis, I was working from home, and chanced on TKEM, thus LMH (the profile as you can see)
I do watch here and there, once awhile, but at my own slow snail pace. 

To answer your question @gm4queen, no, I have not watched Choi Daniel's other dramas - but I have heard of HIS name in the past.  I like him in School 2013.   I was asked to watch School 2013, after much persuasion from a friend .. and that was like, it took me 2 years before I did.    :mrgreen:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
2 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

To answer your question @gm4queen, no, I have not watched Choi Daniel's other dramas - but I have heard of HIS name in the past.  I like him in School 2013.   I was asked to watch School 2013, after much persuasion from a friend .. and that was like, it took me 2 years before I did.    :mrgreen:

Awww... So sweet chingu! Glad that other people also watch his dramas & know a bit of him. He is gaining more fan base after his military discharge as well. Jugglers is his come back drama & it's a sweet office rom-com. Then he starred in The Ghost Detective & his upcoming drama Fly High, Butterfly is slated to air in 2021. It's based on a hair salon & do drop by the drama thread if you are interested, chingu!! it's so nice to meet you here.. :lol:

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, gm4queen said:

OH MY GOD!! Thank you so much, dear @Lmangla chingu!!! I love how you re-organized his info in an interesting manner. I am so happy to see my love on Thread Spotlight!!! We are so grateful to you!!! Really hope that more people will be interested in him now. This is so cool! :lol: Can't wait for the feedback from other chingus!

people are definitely curious about his name. Even today, I see on you people asking that why his name is Daniel? i think many people miss him out as a south korean actor because of his non-korean name. :mellow:

awww, you are welcome. :)

sometimes stories behind the name can reveal so much about the person and their family. I had a colleague many years ago with a rather unusual name. she was very close to her parents and even after marriage, she kept those ties. one day over lunch, I asked about what her name meant and she replied it meant "gift from God" and after a pause, she shared that her parents had been childless for 13-14 years. she was the child they had never expected to have and they adored her. she was their joy. so that name explained a lot about how this family was so close.

similarly, I think daniel's name shows the awe and the feel of the parents. many actors choose to get a different stage name for all sorts of reasons but the fact that daniel is sticking to the name that was given by his parents also reveals a lot about him. it shows his loyalty and love for his family, his quiet sense of pride and self-esteem and his push forward. so I think it is lovely that he is keeping his name and am sure good things will come to him in time. :)

• Love 4
  • Wiggle 1
18 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

similarly, I think daniel's name shows the awe and the feel of the parents. many actors choose to get a different stage name for all sorts of reasons but the fact that daniel is sticking to the name that was given by his parents also reveals a lot about him. it shows his loyalty and love for his family, his quiet sense of pride and self-esteem and his push forward. so I think it is lovely that he is keeping his name and am sure good things will come to him in time. :)

Wow, I am so grateful for your thoughts about him, chingu! :heart:

I remember Daniel mentioned once in an interview that he doesn't want his father to get old as he don't even have his mother with him. And he also went on that he had some hard time controlling his heart in early times when acting with a mother's role because he don't know what a mother is like?! :( I feel like so heart broken when I hear his past stories!!! I really hope other people will also get to know about him with the event today, chingu! 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1

I saw Daniel first in School 2013 and then Jugglers! He was really good in it, but I admit that I sort of forgot about him - he is a bit understated, but that is also his charm. However, I've picked up The Ghost Detective now.

He has a great screen presence. I will now look forward to more projects, since I'm more aware of him. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, agenth said:

I saw Daniel first in School 2013 and then Jugglers! He was really good in it, but I admit that I sort of forgot about him - he is a bit understated, but that is also his charm. However, I've picked up The Ghost Detective now.

He has a great screen presence. I will now look forward to more projects, since I'm more aware of him. 

Hello friend! Welcome aboard! :)

Yes, he is a bit underated in public but he has a pretty nice fan base here in soompi. Glad that you have watched some of his dramas so far. Please watch The Ghost Detective & give us your feedback on him here. We are so happy to have more fans for him. :lol:

And currently he is filming for his upcoming drama Fly High, Butterfly which is slated to air in 2021. It's based on a hair salon & do drop by the drama thread if you are interested, chingu!! it's so nice to meet you here.. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Subject: Choi Daniel 

Me  revisioning only the important part :D

Ha ha.. So sweet of you, chingu!!! And didn't know that @partyon chingu would love my oppa's abs.. :D We need more of his abs-shower scenes so that more people come drooling around here.. :joy:

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
11 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

can’t believe he think he isn’t handsome like BTS :mrgreen:

#magic mirror on the wall , who the fairest man of them all :D
mirror

Ha ha.. Yes chingu! That's the interview he mentioned that he is not handsome after all! I think he meant about idol type, you know.. A baby face, double eye lids & all that! He doesn't have them so he is sincerely putting him in to the not-so-idol category! :( 

Currently he is filming for his upcoming drama Fly High, Butterfly which is slated to air in 2021. It's based on a hair salon & do drop by the drama thread if you are interested, chingu!! I am so grateful that you dropped by here! :lol:

• Like 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

Subject: Choi Daniel

Me  revisioning only the important part :D

@partyon:tounge_wink:

You summarized Choi Daniel perfectly my twin! :joy:

1 hour ago, gm4queen said:

Ha ha.. So sweet of you, chingu!!! And didn't know that @partyon chingu would love my oppa's abs.. :D We need more of his abs-shower scenes so that more people come drooling around here.. :joy:

I love ALL abs! :love:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@gm4queen can’t believe he think he isn’t handsome like BTS :mrgreen:

Why is he saying that he is not handsome?!?!? :scream: He is very good looking :loveu:

I noticed that Daniel is the same age as my oppa Choi Jin Hyuk - they are even born in the same month (February) in the same year (1986) ! They have the same last name and both have a mature look for their age - me like :love:

Are there more abs pics of Choi Daniel @Ameera Ali

Just Asking Pulp Fiction GIF

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, partyon said:

I noticed that Daniel is the same age as my oppa Choi Jin Hyuk - they are even born in the same month (February) in the same year (1986) ! They have the same last name and both have a mature look for their age - me like :love:

How about both the guys play in the same drama as twins, chingu??! I want it to happen someday! :wub: Same last name, same age & same height as well!!! :open_mouth: Butterflies!!!

5 minutes ago, partyon said:

Are there more abs pics of Choi Daniel @Ameera Ali

Yeah!! I am so glad to have @Ameera Ali chingu here! The queen of oppa GIFs! :D

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
5 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

How about both the guys play in the same drama as twins, chingu??! I want it to happen someday! :wub: Same last name, same age & same height as well!!! :open_mouth: Butterflies!!!

They are the same height too? :scream: They could play fraternal twins then. I hope we can see them both in shower scenes since both have very nice abs. :joy:

I see that Choi Daniel is a DJ - does he sing as well (like my oppa does)?  What type of roles does he excel in? (Like my oppa is very good in action roles and romcoms. He just did comedy and was really good in that too, but I hope he would try a villain or melodrama role next).

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
3 minutes ago, partyon said:

I see that Choi Daniel is a DJ - does he sing as well (like my oppa does)?  What type of roles does he excel in? (Like my oppa is very good in action roles and romcoms. He just did comedy and was really good in that too, but I hope he would try a villain or melodrama role next).

Daniel actually can sing well but not so many videos of him singing on youtube, chingu! He sings the opening theme for one of his radio programs himself. He is pretty good in it. :) The video is below!

And he often do rom-com roles & it's hard for him to action roles because of his knee problem! :( I think I love seeing him in both, specially in rom-coms that what he is most popular for. :wub: And he is currently filming for his upcoming drama but not sure if it's romantic or not. Details aren't out yet! 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2
14 minutes ago, partyon said:

They are the same height too? :scream: They could play fraternal twins then. I hope we can see them both in shower scenes since both have very nice abs. :joy:

Way to go @partyon !      Would your oppa approve?    Do what there?    hahahhahahhahha

• LOL 4
  • gm4queen changed the title to Choi Daniel 최다니엘 チェダニエル |♥| Upcoming Drama : Fly High, Butterfly 날아올라라 나비 Premieres in 2021