Quantcast

69876009_2292049197773280_73794655850982

Well, it's so amazing that it's already been 10 yrs since the 1st ep of High Kick Through The Roof aired on Sep 7, 2009! Our fav Daniel's very first lead role, Lee Ji Hoon, the handsome doctor in eye-glasses!. I knew it that he'd totally rock the world. And he just hit the stardom with his very first lead role, of course... Feel so happy for him as a crazy fan girl of him! :) Thanks a lot for giving us such a wonderful story...

Not really a fan of the ending but I love him so much in his every scene... 

Fighting, 

HIGH KICK THROUGH THE ROOF & CHOI DANIEL!!

Happy 10th Anniversary! :heart:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

10 yrs ago....

(The beginning of a beautiful journey :wub:

2670E83A50FBA7A413F7A6

[INTERVIEW] Choi Daniel - Part 1

2010/01/07 | 5148 views

He first made himself known to the world in a TV commercial in 2008. As an employee who slacks off while his boss is not looking. Of course, these so-called 'CF stars' come and go with the change of seasons but Choi Daniel made his mark later that winter with TV series "Worlds Within". He played the role of an assistant director in the drama which recorded ratings in the single digit-range, but his realistic acting matched up to the acting of veteran actress Youn Yuh-jung and helped him not to go unnoticed amongst superstars Song Hye-kyo and Hyun Bin. He was not a 'pretty boy' or managed by a large talenthouse but Choi, who had acted on stages since he was in high school, was set to take his victory through acting. And now, he stands at the center of a love triangle in "High Kick Through The Roof" where he is the subject of both affection and admiration for Se-gyeong and the sometimes slow-witted boyfriend of Jung-eum. 10Asia met with the 23-year-old actor to get a closer look into his thoughts about acting.

10: You wrote a posting on your blog on the dawn between Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Choi Daniel (Choi): Did you see it? That was when I got home after a shoot. I went back out for shoot again on Christmas Day.

View the full article here

[INTERVIEW] Choi Daniel - Part 2

2010/01/07 | 2610 views

10: Then what sort of man do you think Lee Ji-hoon is, regardless of whether you are right or wrong.
Choi: I think he's a great guy. There are just certain things in life you have to do, such as saying a hello or pretending to smile, because its just basic manners. But Ji-hoon isn't like that. He'll do what he needs to do, say that it's all that matters and just walk away. I think that is what's so great about him -- having the courage to be someone who you rarely find in society. He could be ostracized for it if he gets unlucky. I guess you could say that he doesn't use unnecessary energy? I think that's why although he seems indifferent toward Jung-eum, his actions such as being nice to her keep appearing on the side.

[INTERVIEW] Choi Daniel - Part 3

2010/01/07 | 11530 views 

10: I'm still most curious about your name. Who made it and how?
Choi Daniel (Choi): My dad underwent surgery after my mother gave to birth to my older brother because they didn't want anymore children. In other words they didn't have plans to have a second child but I came along so my dad chose my name with it meaning that I'm a son from heaven. The name is from the bible so I won't deny it's a religious name but then again, my dad isn't a devout Christian. My dad lived overseas for a long time though so he had always been open to choosing English names for his children. Whether it be John or David, to him they're all names that can be given to anyone. My brother though, has a very normal Korean name.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

One year ago....

(Love in horror :wub:)

"The Ghost Detective" Sparks Teen Interest

2018/09/17 | 622 views

photo1002018.jpg

The new KBS drama "The Ghost Detective" is a horror-thriller drama about Lee Da-il (Choi Daniel) and his assistant Jung Yeo-wool (Park Eun-bin) who face unusual circumstances after seeing a mysterious woman named Seon Woo-hye (Lee Ji-ah).

"The Ghost Detective" was a daring challenge, but it has come to be known as a trendy drama for teens and not just a summer exclusive.

The target for most content was aimed at 2049 and content for teens were neglected, hence, the 'school' series, music and dance contest dramas.

Meanwhile, "The Ghost Detective" is the introduction to a new genre of content, which has spiked the interest of teens who enjoy watching horror. Not only is the drama bringing on a change in drama genre, it's engaging a more diverse age range of viewers and increasing competition. In addition, it's proving the diversity of content outside of romance or melodrama.

Summer has gone, the time for horror to provide chills to cool the body, but "The Ghost Detective" is the talk of the town because of its challenge and daring premise.

Sources of "The Ghost Detective" say that drama genres are being divided and allocated strategically to target younger viewers. It is expected that "horror" will bring back those who have drifted apart from the viewing audience group and find a place as a drama genre like romance and comedy dramas.

• Like 3
  • Love 1