Choi Daniel 최다니엘 チェダニエル |♥| [Drama 2023] Mask Girl, 마스크걸 - Available on Netflix

gm4queen

41 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

1 Year ago

:fiercebunny:

Guys, did you know that our handsome guy Choi Daniel was invited to a radio show as a guest in 2020, April. It's been already 1 year since we heard his sexy voice in radio. Tagging new friends @L Leung @Riya Varma @Combsmania & @Nancy69 to listen his interview in the link below. And I hope @L Leung can post some great insights about his speech here. :lol:

http://www.podbbang.com/ch/1773641?e=23495943

Just in case, here is the link to the original post

Let's enjoy his sexy voice until he make his small screen come back later. :)

Thank you so much for the insight unni!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Riya Varma said:

Thank you so much for the insight unni!!!

Let's enjoy his sexy voice darling!!! I can imagine how excited the female host was to have him inside their studio. Handsomeness overloaded!!! :lol: And feel so sad that we haven't seen him in 2 months. :( Where is he, anyway!!!??!

• Blob 1

16 hours ago, gm4queen said:

I am so grateful that you posted a long comment with everything we need to know about him dear!!! :lol: Seriously, I never knew some of these details about him before. Thanks a lot for educating us with insights about him.

Yes, totally agree. He has never caught in any scandals so I see that ladies respect him so much. He does it vice versa. And I only know got it that he is close friends with the actress Clara who worked with him in Babyfaced Beauty!!!! Lee Yi Kyung is also a close friend of Daniel since School 2013. Glad to know that he has friends inside the entertainment industry.

It's true that he is so private about his private life. But as @Pyar chingu also said, I would really love it if he meets a kind, loveable & innocent lady as same as him intact. He has been maintaining a clean image for himself so far. I really hope he will meet a lady who helps him to improve himself. And there is no rush at the same time, right guys??! Marriage is a lifetime achievement so let's hope he will get married at the most perfect time. He always achieved everything in most perfect times so fingers crossed for his future love life as well. 

I wonder what Daniel's hilarious response will be if a fan shouted "I want to date/marry you” if public.

• LOL 1
  • Blob 1

3 minutes ago, L Leung said:

I wonder what Daniel's hilarious response will be if a fan shouted "I want to date/marry you” if public.

I am pretty sure that our boy will end up having a red face filled with embarrassment. You know, he is so awkward sometimes. :joy: I am afraid he would refrain from going outside if a girl publicly proposes to him ever. :D We've got ourselves the cutest guy ever!!!

• Blob 1

5 hours ago, L Leung said:

if a fan shouted "I want to date/marry you” if public.

By the way dear, seeing Ju Ji Hoon's video making me feel sad for Daniel. He doesn't have a mother to ask anything with. :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: So he should really find a lady who can be a best friend, girlfriend & most importantly a motherly figure to him in marriage. :heart: He should be really careful when it comes to get married. I really hope he would consider what I said. A kind lady who can make him happy in everything he does!!

• Love 1

6 hours ago, gm4queen said:

I am pretty sure that our boy will end up having a red face filled with embarrassment. You know, he is so awkward sometimes. :joy: I am afraid he would refrain from going outside if a girl publicly proposes to him ever. :D We've got ourselves the cutest guy ever!!!

On public appearances, have you guys seen this screening event of  The Chronicles of Evil? He's so charming there and there has been lots of laughter and screaming whenever he talks.

• Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

22 minutes ago, L Leung said:

have you guys seen this screening event of  The Chronicles of Evil?

His handsome smile is everything I want today! So this was about 4 months prior to his military enlistment. And I am more in to his first movie premiere in 2019, 2 years after his military enlistment. :) Is it just me or he looks so younger in 2019 than in 2015??! The military impact is clearly visible in this young man. :heart: 

0000019633_001_20190530112646226.jpg&typ

1559182179_258133_20190530111030518.jpg&

0000605092_001_20190530112408093.jpg&type=sc960_832

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, L Leung said:

Anyway, in the wise words of a handsome man who wears a suit to picnic, 

By the way dear, what do you think about the ending of The Ghost Detective??! I mean emotionally, I am happy enough for the fact that Da Il returned at least as a spirit. It's better then nothing! But logically, it's so unfair that our guy didn't come in to life at the end of the drama. :( What's your insight about this, dear??! I am looking forward to hear from you!

• Sad 1

On 4/29/2020 at 8:21 PM, gm4queen said:

Well, exactly a month ago, on March 29, I posted this pic on my IG that we all miss him! But today, April 29, right after a month, I am so happy to announce that he is really back on spotlight! So without any further ado, here we go! ♥♥♥♥:) Tagging dear @triplem @kaedechan @Heidi Seow @Pyar @parkeunbinchoidaniel @Thienthu317 @danisnk222 @ssoaegi @gladys0710 @Lawyerh @nohamahamoud2002 @phoenix24 @audreyng205 @Yogi Daniel @hushh & other ladies as well.. :)

95265390_2501051380206393_69059668425362

This evening, he was invited by TBS eFM to join as the guest in their new revamped program, The Scoop! So our guy happily accepted the offer & joined there & discussed his acting career and what he’s been up to lately. Daniel only talked in korean but the female host often translated his dialogues in to english. So here is a quick summary of the guy himself at TBS eFM - The Scoop! :D I noted them down as they speak! So I hope you all will find my effort helpful to understand what he said!

So the female host (DJ Hanna) introduced him as an inspiring person who help us have happiness & positiveness in our lives. He is the guest in the very first week of the program. Then I saw this message on youtube live streaming! Yes, the guy has arrived at the studio! :) And he greeted for his fans first! B)

95240839_2501051530206378_10412927963229

Then she asked what shall she call him.. Choi Daniel or Daniel or Dan???! :D How sweet! Then he simply said that call him whatever she likes. And I think they have met before in 2014 for an interview! So she knows him well. 

And then they are instantly having so many comments, mostly in korean about him & the female host said that she is surprised to see that many comments about him there. Then Daniel said that he is also stunned to find out by himself that he is receiving so many love from his fans. ♥ There was a korean comment asking him to come quickly on the show today! B)

And he further said that he is a outdoor guy & love to travel but he is currently staying at home because of covid 19. :(

And then one of fans texted that he is a very handsome actor & whether he is wearing glasses at the studio but the female host said that he is not wearing any glasses at the moment! Wow!!! His fans know 100% about him. :o Then he insisted that he had to wear glasses for the first time in the sit-com High Kick Through the Roof... And next he said that he is still having a friendly connection with his then co-star Hwang Jung Eum. 

And another fan commented that she is so happy to hear his voice after a long time & Daniel said that he is also very happy to be in the studio & he likes the program himself. And fans asked him to return being a radio DJ again & he said that he would love to become a DJ again but it is not the right time now. And I think he promised to return as the loving DJ Daniel for his fans someday. :)

And then the female host asked him to give her some tips on hosting a radio show as he is a DJ himself but he simply said that she is already doing it nicely so nothing to teach at all. :D

Then fans again texted that they miss him so much & a drama please. And the female host asked if Daniel is doing any projects at the moment. But he said that he is not doing anything & just stay home! Then she asked him what's he doing at home & he said he love cooking & he is enjoying home cooking these days rather than having outdoor foods. And home training, watching reality shows on TV & gaming also in his stay-at-home list. :)

Then back to drama & films.. Daniel said that he likes working on both drama & films but both are different in production so it's hard to choose one. Then later he said that he prefers dramas more. :heart:

And he revealed something new that he tried his hand on directing & he already directed an indie film recently. :o

Then a male fan ( @Yogi Daniel :D) openly asked him to open an instagram acc but he jokingly said that he has an E-mail though... :D Naughty boy! So glad to hear that he has male fans too...!

And then the time has come to the end of the program with Daniel. So the female host described that it is a short & sweet interview with Dan & please say something to his fans by himself. Then Daniel said that it is a pleasure to meet everyone as always & he has more to talk with his fans but the time is already up. :heart: So see you again. Thank you. Bye bye. :)

Then the show ended with Daniel's song request Get Out Of My Head by Kristina Antuna. :thumbsup:

Listen to his full interview here

He also mentioned that he used to have a cat that he had to give away due to conscription, which makes me think of this selfie.

807716982.png?Expires=1620399185&Signatu

Still that a warm, mellow voice. :blush: DJ Hanna also mentioned he's humorous and sounded ecstatic to talk to Daniel.

Thanks so much for the detailed summary!

7 hours ago, Pyar said:

Oppa had wedding scene in high kick 2. When to see his real wedding? Can not wait. :lol:

20100115101230143l3_105014_0.jpg?w=584

I like that in Jugglers, instead of cheesy wedding scenes, they go right to them wearing wedding rings and taking a walk. Cute.

• Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

He also mentioned that he used to have a cat that he had to give away due to conscription, which makes me think of this selfie.

Wow.. Thanks a lot for filling up the missing details dear! :)

Thanks so much for the detailed summary!

The pleasure is all mine dear!!! I still remember how camped in front of my computer & short noted everything possible while I listened to his live radio show. It is one of the sweetest memories in last year. And I am happy that you enjoyed it as well! :lol: Hopefully we can have a lot of programs of this guy when his upcoming drama finally airs on jtbc.

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, L Leung said:

I like that in Jugglers, instead of cheesy wedding scenes, they go right to them wearing wedding rings and taking a walk. Cute.

Daniel oppa so handsome in Jugglers. Miss his cold attitude. :D

6 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Hopefully we can have a lot of programs of this guy when his upcoming drama finally airs on jtbc

Yes. Hopefully jtbc release photos of oppa in New drama soon. ❤

• Love 1

1 hour ago, gm4queen said:

By the way dear, what do you think about the ending of The Ghost Detective??! I mean emotionally, I am happy enough for the fact that Da Il returned at least as a spirit. It's better then nothing! But logically, it's so unfair that our guy didn't come in to life at the end of the drama. :( What's your insight about this, dear??! I am looking forward to hear from you!

As much as I love Lee Da-Il and hopes he can finally relax and enjoy life towards the end of this intensely sad drama, the reason for his return as a spirit is so weak (hearing Jung Yeo-wool that they will meet again and by some willpower manages to become a spirit visible to his close friends) that I'd rather he stays dead.

The last episode's pacing was affected, as though the characters mourned for someone who will return half an episode later, and the ending isn't even leading to a new season. A bit of a waste to an ensemble of likeable and explorable characters.

I hate tropes that the main character can't die and is unscathed regardless of the villains he's defeated or epic fights he's been in. It was more coherent and logical (at least in the story's ghost-fighting physics) to bring Sunwoo Hye away with him to his death. 

It is worst if he pops up alive on bed but Sunwoo Hye is gone forever. Integrity of the story is very important. A bad ending just to keep certain characters alive would be a disservice to the overall storytelling quality, especially for a horror genre, means high expectations of resolutions for all the suspense built.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

45 minutes ago, L Leung said:

the reason for his return as a spirit is so weak (hearing Jung Yeo-wool that they will meet again and by some willpower manages to become a spirit visible to his close friends) that I'd rather he stays dead.

I agree with you on this one. I am like 50/50 when it comes to Lee Da Il. Sun Woo Hye is already the winner because Da Il remained as a spirit forever. Then he has to see his lady love gradually grow old while he remains young forever. And he would be all alone by himself when she passes away. This is the most tragical ending that I've ever seen. :(

I still don't know why Daniel accepted the script but I think his choice made himself in to a household name known as "Lee Dail - the sexy ghost". And have you seen people argue over the ending of Lee Dail on the internet back in 2018??! They felt the same way as High Kick Through The Roof where our handsome guy sacrificed his life at the very end of the series. :(

I really need him to have a happy ending in his next korean drama. ❤

• Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

11 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Then he has to see his lady love gradually grow old while he remains young forever. And he would be all alone by himself when she passes away. This is the most tragical ending that I've ever seen.

I didn't think that far. He himself is an unstable spirit who may disappear any time. Apart from romance, don't forget he is a witty, effective and dedicated (and leggy) detective too, has friends like his hyung, lawyer Miss Baek, reporter Kang Eun-Chong etc.

tumblr_pem7u8Xf1C1xe2ihho1_400.gifv

tumblr_pem7u8Xf1C1xe2ihho2_400.gifv 

(Source(why are they in financial trouble in the beginning? He should work part-time as a model)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, gm4queen said:

I still don't know why Daniel accepted the script but I think his choice made himself in to a household name known as "Lee Dail - the sexy ghost". And have you seen people argue over the ending of Lee Dail on the internet back in 2018??! They felt the same way as High Kick Through The Roof where our handsome guy sacrificed his life at the very end of the series. :(

I really need him to have a happy ending in his next korean drama. ❤

TGD is a special and interesting genre. Between Jugglers and The Ghost Detective, TGD was more successful to sustain my attention. Lee Da-Il feels more multi-dimensional and award-worthy than Nam Chi Won.

TGD did start well (episode 1-2 were so good). However, according to my brief Internet browse for reviews, not even the strong, solid performances of all the characters could conceal the weakened or repetitive plot, especially in the ghost physics, causing some viewers to drop the drama half-way or before, which hurt viewership. Ergo the importance for the drama to start and stay strong throughout. Even if it starts out weak but wraps up well, the audience will not be as disappointed if vice versa on time and emotions invested. Never ruin the ending by illogically killing off or resurrecting a character.

Therefore, instead of arguing the ending, given the current material, I'd rather the drama be shortened, or with more backstory in the military, Han Sang-Sub's ex-gangster life, Gil Chae Won as ex-shaman,  Kang Eun-Chong to appear earlier, the squad solving more cases etc.

Anyway, at least TGD was considered underrated (source); it did not reflect badly on the actors' skills. They were praised to perform well despite the script's quality. I love scenes when they all gather.

tumblr_pfq64ovfUL1sim4ioo6_400.gifv tumblr_pfeawkkb7z1xtrqw8o7_r1_250.gifv

(Source: (1), (2))

12 hours ago, Pyar said:

Daniel oppa so handsome in Jugglers. Miss his cold attitude.

Our leggy boss.

tumblr_p0hjwtkraP1tmjt2ko6_250.gifv

(Source)

• Love 1
  • Blob 1