[drama 2001] Hotelier 호텔리어

Guest jgabriel2005

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Let me begin by saying that Hotelier is a drama I really got hooked on when I watched it initially in the early 2000's. :D

So naturally when I was web surfing and happened to land on a site which talked of there being a Japanese version of this drama where BYJ plays a cameo role (not the same as in the Korean version), needless to say my curiosity got aroused.

So there I was happily seated to watch what I thought would be an entertaining mini version (only 9 episodes) of the original, but shock of shocks (don't ask why - I should have known better since it was a copy) - I was totally disappointed. I valiantly sat watching till episode 5 but by then my faint heart just couldn't cope any longer. I had to abandon it - I think never to return. Although, to be fair, the japanese version pretty much stuck to the storyline of the Kor version, but perhaps since it was only 9 episodes long and since it tried to pack everything in, there was no time to allow the characters to develop. This perhaps was the final nail in the coffin.

But the drama succeeded in triggering the "nostalgia" in me to revisit the original (and since I don't have it ) I am remembering it vicariously through this forum. Oh to visit the grand old hotel again and watch the antics of Song yun ah (she is such a fabulous natural actress) and dashing Frank (BYJ) not to mention another good actor Kim Seung Woo and of course Song Hye Kyo thrown in in parts for good measure.

I wouldn't mind watching it again for probably the 10th time...... :ph34r:

• 3 months later...

who can forget all the chasing frank shin did? the scarf, sightseeing, 300 roses, evening walk, cheek-to-cheek dancing, all those emails... and in my view, the best kiss in any drama! i held my breath and rewind/rewatched that forced kiss a dozen times and still not enuf! also, wonderful songs in the OST!

from this drama, i picked out all the other works (movies/dramas) of all the 4 leads and it opened up a whole world of k-drama for me!

really one of my fav!

I love how he comes right out and tells her he is envious of the guy she was giving chocolates to every Valentines Day. He just does not pull his punches. So great the chemistry between them. Any girl being pursued like that will fall like a tonne of bricks.

Song Yun Ah has this quality about her where before she speaks and you do not know her yet she looks plain but the minute she opens her mouth and speaks her face just lights up.Her character is so effervescent ,she just bubbles with life. Those scenes where Frank just watches her I can totally get what he must be thinking while watching her.I think that is the main reason he was attracted to her. It's that type of person who just stands out even when they do not realise people are looking at them.Like in the elevator when she was chiding herself and hit her head too hard ; adorable.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest aisyahnas

shin bi,

thank you so much for the download links.

i've been searching for hotelier for a long time, finally i found it.

thanks again!!!

• 2 months later...
Guest hunnybugsbunny

it's been almost 10 years since this drama was shown and yet I am still in love with this drama. This is the reason why I wanted to build my own hotel. I really loved Kim Seung Woo's character. He's one great general manager. I love the pairing of Yoon Hee and Tae Jun. I wished they ended up with each other in the drama. :(

• 2 years later...

Archived