Hotaru no Haka / Grave of the Fireflies

Jaeho

OMG
I just saw it yesterday and I can't stop thinking about the movie... It's so sad! I love it though. The movie just felt so real. Poor Setsuko. :( SO FREAKING SAD. Did I cry? Who hasn't cried? OK, I didn't bawl my eyes out, but I did get teary. If you haven't seen this, you MUST watch it at least once in your lifetime.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jamba bamba

yeah... it IS really sad... but i was REALLY scared of this movie when i was young after i watched it.... that scene of the mom's corpse was pretty graphic..

Mm yea the scene with the mother's corse was really graphic, especially since the movie's supposed to be like.. a kid's movie lol.

I had some tears, but it wasn't where I was really crying. Maybe I shouldn't have fast-forwarded it? If I watched it all the way through, I would've been more sad. It's a really sad movie though. The poor little girl, how her body had that rash and you can see her ribs because of malnutrition. :(

Guest junghwa_melowdeeh

yes i think this was pretty good, it was a real eye opener as well.

its horrible what those kids had to go through...

Guest Iridescence

Yeahhh, I bought this movie. And wow, the story was so full of emotion. I was immediately sucked into the movie. Yes, I admit. I did cry while watching this movie, but I couldn't help it. It was so touching, and the ending, was just wow.. Made me cry even more.

Guest yuki-chan

i watched this like when i was really small ... i loved it so much! it was really good ... though sad but really good! i didn't really get it much when i was small but yeah~

then i re-watched it like a yr ago ... n i loved it again! it was really sad .. even sadder then b4 becoz i understand it more ...><;;

really great movie!

Guest ~~PuhPuhMuh~~

i love this movie

it's a very old one.. i saw that when i was little

i cried so much and i still too even though

i've seen it so many times

i cried. it was sad. in the beginning of the movie, i already cried. i feel so sad for the little to go through those pains...

really good movie, but somehow i cant watch it over and over like other movies.

Guest disgruntled_ricecooker

The movie is depressing and doesn't get watched a lot in my collection. They're making a LIVE ACTION movie right now using the aunt's point of view for the storytelling.

Guest aabbyyzz

Mm yea the scene with the mother's corse was really graphic, especially since the movie's supposed to be like.. a kid's movie lol.

I had some tears, but it wasn't where I was really crying. Maybe I shouldn't have fast-forwarded it? If I watched it all the way through, I would've been more sad. It's a really sad movie though. The poor little girl, how her body had that rash and you can see her ribs because of malnutrition. :(

the movie is rated MA as in mature.

Guest goodvibrations

I didn't cry because I basically spoiled the story for myself before watching the movie.

It was extremely sad and heartwrenching though. The little sister and her brother's death were really sad because they were both unfit for the situation and hand. The part when Setsuko starts eating balls of dirt and marbles really struck me. The aunt was horrible. sdglkdsg

Guest simpleandpink

I cried T_T

Poor Setsuko T_T

I got mad at the woman who was supposed to be taking care of them.

I loved the movie. Depicted the war perfectly + the struggles. A must-watch.

Oo.. yeah.. this movie is a tear jerker. =(

oh by the way, there going to be a live action of it. :)

http://www.ntv.co.jp/hotaru/

Live Action Grave of the Fireflies

NTV will air a live-action version of Grave of the Fireflies on November 1st. The live-action film is based on the same partially auto-biographical book that spawned Isao Takahata's movie. The live-action film will be told from the point of view of Seita and Setsuko's aunt.

Guest 光 HIKARIyu

i have the DVD....

yea, it's really sad...

but my dad kept commenting throughout the movie!!!

i gotta watch it again... WITH OUT MY DAD...

but since those fruit drops were my childhood candy...

when i see it...

i feel all sad~

Guest remorse_angel

yeah... it IS really sad... but i was REALLY scared of this movie when i was young after i watched it.... that scene of the mom's corpse was pretty graphic..

Mmm, I haven't watched it in a long time but....I recall that the mom was still alive when they burned her to death, right? O_O....shiat. Man, the little girl....TT_TT Rice-ball-imaginated dirt. Sigh....

Guest Doreamon

I saw it a couple years ago.

and

O-M-G friggin made me cry like a little baby T.T

Daaang, so friggin sad and depressing *cries*

I love this movie :o

Archived