Umineko no naku koro ni

Guest knockblock

Guest knockblock

umineko-no-naku-koro-ni.jpg~original
Plot Summary: Umineko no Naku Koro ni takes place in the year 1986, during the time frame of October 4 and October 5 on a secluded island named Rokkenjima (六軒島, Rokkenjima). The head of a wealthy family named Kinzo Ushiromiya, who lives on and owns Rokkenjima, is near death, and eight of his family members arrive on the island to discuss how Kinzo's assets will be divided once he is dead. Also on the island are three family members who live there, five of Kinzo's servants, and his personal physician. After the eight family members arrive, a typhoon traps them on the island and shortly after people start to get mysteriously murdered
Volumes: 44 different arcs (Ongoing) first arc: https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=21813 Published by: YenPressAnime Episodes: 26

156123.jpg~original

umineko-no-naku-koro-ni-anime-wallpaper_

64563456345623oe6.jpg~original

Has anyone watched this anime? It is one of the When They Cry series. Along with Higurashi. If you don't know what Higurashi is, there is a thread for it, you can go check that out. Now the anime at hand is When The Seagulls Cry. The protagonist is Battler. He is the character trying to figure out the mystery on the island. It is about 17 episodes right now. I've seen 16 episodes. The mystery surrounding the Ushiromiya family and the island is compelling. There seems to be 3 chapters so far.
What do you think of Umineko?

Guest KanyeWEST

BEAATEEEERICCCI!!!

i'm on episode 10, needa catch up!

good series, not as good as higurashi but i guess it's a different change of pace.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dearest.me

Yes! Finally a topic on Umineko. I've been watching this series since it first came out although it took me a few episodes to actually get it and get stuck into it. It's great and full of action with included trippyness. ;D The lovey-dovey parts are like...eh but nevertheless, it's awesome. I never watched Higurashi...maybe I will now.

The anime is pretty dissapointing so far, since Studio Deen is skipping so much stuff.. Still I liked Beato's adorable crackles and Kinzo's rock opera lol. I recommend everyone to atleast try to play the game/sound novel first though :/

Guest Autumn1430263885

i was watching this when it started..it started out pretty good but it got kinda boring so i stopped watching...higurashi's better

Guest EHNerJI

Lol, yeah Higurashi is definitely a lot better.

I forget what episode of Umineko I got to..

It was okay, a bit boring after a while.

The storyline is pretty interesting, though lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest knockblock

Ever since Ange, or whatever her name is, appeared on the series I have become jaded.

So I guess I'm not alone in thinking that Umineko lost the thing that made it interesting in the first arc.

I agree with those who said Higurashi's better.

Higurashi, despite it's total bloodshed ripping nail stabbing throat craziness, was amazing.

I watched Umineko mainly cause they made Higurashi, and of course, Bernkastel. =x

I really liked Umineko in the beginning. Even though it confuses me, it was intriguing. Although, I kind of lost interest in the newer arcs.

Battler's logic is just, no comment. >__>

Guest Take Five

i stopped watching the anime pretty early on and started reading the novel instead. i guess i'll get back to it someday after i'm done, even though it's kinda crap compared to the novel. overall, it's interesting but really weird at the same time. i'm not really a mystery person so i can't make heads or tails about what could really be going on lol.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest knockblock

26 episodes have finished airing. Any thoughts on how it came down to the end?

Battler is able to best Beatrice in the end. It appears there will be more focus on background of Beatrice. Another season seems to be on the way.

Does anyone else find the witches laugh annoying or irritating?

...I'm speechless. The last episode had everything that I DIDN'T think would make it (like Kinzo's dragon and small bombs) but other things got cut like Ange burgers (which would have been hilarious) Too bad DEEN messed up hardcore with the last scene (Beato~ TTwTT) and made a Chiru anime impossible :/ Although the Trollkastel and Lamba scene at the end was delicious. Either way, it's been a "so bad its good" season and I pray to god that Chiru is never animated

p.s I'm still waiting for my Beato bedsheet, DEEN :P

Archived