Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Immortal_Angel

[HK Drama 2009] TVB Born Rich

just watch the first episode, it was pretty interesting though it wasn't strong as I hope it would be but all modern time grand production usually start off like that and then when it gets to the middle part it gets better with all the suspense. this series is 41 episodes long, we cannot always want all the action in the first episode, that would probably spoil the rest of the series. to me its just building up the storyline and climax. to me maybe the first 10 episodes are going to be draggy and then it will get a bit more interesting when Gallen's character change.

The thing I like about modern type is we won't know who is the good guy who is the bad guy and what is really their motives. they may seem good but turns out they have another side to them and the bad guy then have another motive. I just hope this series will turn out better than The Gem of Life. So much hype about it and then it jus turn out really bad >.<

the cast did a great job ^_^ I cannot wait to see more of Gallen!

themesong is really addicting too :P

I just finished episode two, I actually like this more than Beyond the Realm of Conscience. Most of my friends find it boring and I can understand why. These type of series usually appeal to the older audience, but I found it intriguing. The plot seems good judging from the sales presentation. I've been waiting for the series for like a year already. It's good to see so many veterans back, actually almost everyone in the main cast are actors/actresses we seldom see in TVB series nowadays. For one nothing can go wrong with the performances. Seeing that it's 41eps long makes me skeptical though. I hope it's not another Gem of Life. That would be terrible. Acting was superb in Gem but everything was forgotten as the plot failed. I hope BR won't follow the same path.

I'm loving Anita's performance! I love her bickering scenes with Joe Ma. Originally I was rooting for Gallen-Anita but now I much prefer Joe-Anita.

Gallen Lo, Anita Yuen and Ray Lui? Wow, when was the last time they were in a TVB serie? It's great to see some veterans back in TVB series.

I hope it's not going to be draggy like "The Gem of Love" (I stopped halfway, watching that). I am also going to start watching Beyond the Realm of Concience, so I hope both series will be good. But at least I can be pretty sure that the acting will be good...

i'm changing my mind, i love this show! gallen is really good but no offense, I think Fiona Sit is kind of errr...irritating? She can't even cry out when she found her husband's affair so they had to play those light music to make it seems comedy like. But to begin with, I think her character ovvereacts to everything. Hoping for a better BR, it's going good!

i actually like BTROC a little bit more but this one is pretty good too lol

though kenneth ma and gallen are pretty funny... lol "big clay pot" and "small clay pot"

Ahh Anita Yuen and Gallen Lo?! I'm more excited for Born Rich than Beyond the Realm of Conscience because I love the cast of Born Rich--there are so many veteran actors! I hope this series won't disappoint :]

im liking this drama more than BTROC.

omgoshh....i luv Gallen role in here, lol, and his buddy Kenneth

though kenneth ma and gallen are pretty funny... lol "big clay pot" and "small clay pot"

lol, sooo cute. :rolleyes:

luv Anita n Joe interaction...the bickering, the intensity.ooooohhh

don't like the main protangonist and his wife. ughh, they are boring and kinda awkward acting.

this series is at 33 already..its getting bettter..i actually enjoy watchin anita kennix and gallen

it only got better towards the end.. :\

i actually loved BTROC a lot more than this one, but now that BTROC is over i've started to watch this one

honestly, it was really mediocre in the middle when Gallen did well working at the family bank, but now that the truths have come out.. it's a lot more intense, therefore i like it more...

i LOVE anita yuen :) she's dead cute <3 hahaha

ah I been fallen behind on this drama since finals are up but finally caught up halfway and from reading the posts in other forums, the drama only got intense from middle toward the end but I have to say Gallen acting is convincin along with Anita and Joe as for the others it seems like their a bit...stiff? over all I cannot wait to watch the final though I already read so many spoilers for the ending haha

ah I been fallen behind on this drama since finals are up but finally caught up halfway and from reading the posts in other forums, the drama only got intense from middle toward the end but I have to say Gallen acting is convincin along with Anita and Joe as for the others it seems like their a bit...stiff? over all I cannot wait to watch the final though I already read so many spoilers for the ending haha

so it actually gets better? i stopped watching when connie decided to leave her kids with her husband, but the grandmother conviced her to stay.

i just hated the fact that the show is making look like it's her fault for tearing the family apart by getting a divorce when it's her cheating bastard of a husband who's at fault.

and i'm getting bored with the whole gallen & anita storyline... it was so much more interesting at the beginning, but now it's pretty much hopeless for them. i mean they're never gonna end up together; they're suppose to be siblings :s

I LOVE THIS DRAMA! LOVE THE THEME SONG!

* watching episode 39 now*

OMG, can't wait to watch the last episode, which is episode 41!

I used to be a big fan of Gallen Lo, but after watching the first episode, I lost interest.

Is it getting better toward the end? Gallen plays a villian role, correct?

I used to be a big fan of Gallen Lo, but after watching the first episode, I lost interest.

Is it getting better toward the end? Gallen plays a villian role, correct?

To me this isn't one of Gallen's good role. I have to say the storyline got a bit better toward mostly the middle and much better toward the end. But I have to say TVB totally rush the ending and some points didn't make sense at all. Its an enjoyable drama but not one of their best anniversary series I have to admit